Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

iamsosmrt posted:

In hindsight, it probably would've made a lot more sense for Gus to have made a Los Pollos Hermanos factory/depot instead of a tangential industrial laundromat. I have no idea what meth production smells like, but I'd assume that processing chickens and all of their fixings would produce very strong smells anyway. It probably wouldn't even have had necessitated such shadiness in digging up the underground lab. They could even have justified a real basement while building a secret extra space for the lab itself.

If its part of a facility used to store livestock, then the addition would have to reviewedand approved by the FDA. They could also theoretically do an inspection of the property with any notice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Doesn’t Lalo have plot armor necessarily until like, the penultimate episode? If they kill him too early the entire cartel conflict is resolved because we know the fates of the remaining players on that side of things. Unless they introduce a new cartel big bad, but that would be silly this late in the game.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

anime was right posted:

saul doesnt really seem "happy" in breaking bad.

How so? When we first meet him he's shooting wacky commercials, bouncing around the police station kicking cops out of interrogation rooms and accusing Badger of serial masturbation. He actively pursues Walt to let him launder all his meth money and seems perfectly OK with it all until poo poo goes off the rails towards the end of season 3.

I'm just saying he doesn't seem like a guy who saw the love of his life murdered by a drug cartel 20 months earlier.

fullroundaction posted:

Doesn’t Lalo have plot armor necessarily until like, the penultimate episode? If they kill him too early the entire cartel conflict is resolved because we know the fates of the remaining players on that side of things. Unless they introduce a new cartel big bad, but that would be silly this late in the game.

Not really, outside of it pretty much having to be Gus or Mike that kills him. And they've got Checkov's Gun down in the lab that has to get used somehow. He's not going to get axed by some bit player in Germany, but if they kill him off in the next episode that just gives them the time to cover D-Day fallout and whatever present day Gene stuff is coming.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Jimmy also has to somehow think Lalo is still coming to kill him (possibly) and that Nacho's involved.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Takes No Damage posted:

I'm just saying he doesn't seem like a guy who saw the love of his life murdered by a drug cartel 20 months earlier.

with how he reacted after Chuck died this just gives more weight to kimmy going to Belize

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

I don't think they'll kill off Lalo, Kim *and* Howard. If they're going to do an episode or two in Cinnabon world then they'd have to kill one of them off every other episode and that would be a huge change of pace. Plus it'd feel super cheap to tie up every pre BB loose end with "welp, guess they died!"

Lalo has to be dead because there's no way he's alive in the BB universe and not a major player. Kim has to disappear somehow for obvious reasons. Howard is the only one who *can* have a happy ending and have it make sense in-universe.

Which means he's definitely getting shot in the face in the first scene next week. The second scene is Lalo on a couch watching German television eating snacks with Little Bear.

gently caress Howard, Marry Kim, Kill Lalo

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
my dumb guess is kim will vanish if only because it will make the whole "jimmy getting into trouble with walt" -> "jimmy lives in omaha" thing easier as a standalone story. kim gets a full arc to her vanishing, then we get couple fast forward episodes of the aftermath of saul/walt where at the end we see his side of the story and he calls the cleaner. after that, we have jimmy cleaning up his own personal arc rather than the breaking bad mess.

100% odds we get a really fun montage of sauls life after kim vanishes.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

anime was right posted:

my dumb guess is kim will vanish if only because it will make the whole "jimmy getting into trouble with walt" -> "jimmy lives in omaha" thing easier as a standalone story. kim gets a full arc to her vanishing, then we get couple fast forward episodes of the aftermath of saul/walt where at the end we see his side of the story and he calls the cleaner. after that, we have jimmy cleaning up his own personal arc rather than the breaking bad mess.

100% odds we get a really fun montage of sauls life after kim vanishes.

I agree. If Kim is around during Breaking Bad then you basically have to go over the events of Breaking Bad from her perspective, which means you have to explain a lot that would be redundant for fans who've already seen Breaking Bad.

If Kim skips town ahead of time, the Breaking Bad story can be reduced to "Saul and Mike's criminal dealings were always going to catch up with them eventually, and in 2008 that's what happened, now Mike is dead and Saul is in criminal witness protection."

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Maybe it turns out the guys that happen to recognize Gene as Saul are actually a signal from Kim that she's finally found him. Saul remembers that she hinted this would be the signal and after a tearful reunion they walk off into the sunset hand in hand as he throws off the Cinnabon visor and they put on outfits for their next con as a happy couple.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Civilized Fishbot posted:

I agree. If Kim is around during Breaking Bad then you basically have to go over the events of Breaking Bad from her perspective, which means you have to explain a lot that would be redundant for fans who've already seen Breaking Bad.

If Kim skips town ahead of time, the Breaking Bad story can be reduced to "Saul and Mike's criminal dealings were always going to catch up with them eventually, and in 2008 that's what happened, now Mike is dead and Saul is in criminal witness protection."
kim is advising jimmy throughout the entirity of breaking bad...from prison.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

the 2 year time lapse kim in prison montage is going to rule

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Pretty screwed up that she gave Walt cancer imo

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
"You know what comes next." And then in the next episode we get a cut of those home removers pulling a painting off of Saul's wall to reveal another series of post-it notes detailing the past four years of Saul's life, including the big ruse of setting someone up to become the new meth kingpin to kill Gus. We see Gene in Omaha rip off a fake moustache as he comes home where Kim is waiting, they high-five over a job well done and finger-guns as credits roll.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
Kim puts the Lily of the Valley in Brock's juicebox.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Kim put the fly in the lab.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

kim is lydia's contact in the czech republic and is responsible for distributing blue meth throughout europe

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Lalo is alive during Breaking Bad, unknown to anyone in the US as he’s serving out a prison sentence for murder in Germany under a false identity

Kim owns a small number of Subway franchises in Oregon under a false identity, having gotten a shitload of botox and lip fillers and dying her hair black

Walt got cancer after inhaling a bunch of kicked up dust from those smoke detectors Saul dumped outside the old guy’s house while out for a walk to clear his head after work one day

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Jimmy will finish his transformation into Saul by shooting Howard with lightning from his fingertips.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

last scene of the show is a flash forward, on the wall is a "20 years of service" certificate from cinnabon and fat, old gene is still sitting on his chair watching saul tapes

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
After a chance encounter with Wendy where they realize they're not that different after all, Howard becomes a tireless advocate for sex workers' rights. He's not in BB because he's busy traveling the United States providing world class pro bono representation to the most marginalized people in society.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Saul and Walter await their fates as both have signed on for the vacuum service. Soon after Saul declared that things are over once and for all, they're each taken for their extraction by separate people. "Cinnabon in Omaha, Jimmy? Isn't that a bit on the nose?"

"I've been a little hysterical, what with all the poo poo hitting the fan. Cut me a little slack please?"

"Mike was right, I am made of sterner stuff, but it's ok because I've got you now."

"So where am I starting my new life until you're ready?"

Kim looks at Jimmy with tender eyes and smiles as she starts tapping her index finger on her nose.

"Huh, well I'm glad you took this gig, who knew that vacuum sales would fit you better than lawyer. Thank God for that black book. What's my new name anyway?"

"Gene."

"That's hosed up."

Kim takes off her Robert Forrester mask. "Can't have you slippin' into another woman's heart, even if it's Omaha"

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Didn't they say something like that there will be a Cranston and Paul cameo during this last season? Maybe the fast forward part will include some Breaking Bad-era retcon/exposition scenes to set up the last episodes with Gene, Kim, Lalo and Howard?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

oh jay posted:

Have you complainers considered simply becoming unstuck in time and experiencing your entire lives simultaneously?

dr manhattan but he can only recite moments from tv shows he's watched

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

R. Guyovich posted:

dr manhattan but he can only recite moments from tv shows he's watched
That's a lot of episodes of Logan's Heroes.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Der Kyhe posted:

Didn't they say something like that there will be a Cranston and Paul cameo during this last season? Maybe the fast forward part will include some Breaking Bad-era retcon/exposition scenes to set up the last episodes with Gene, Kim, Lalo and Howard?

My hope for this is going to be something really stupid, like they'll have Gene in a waiting room somewhere and in the background will be a Made For TV dramatization of the Walter White case playing, just a real low budget reshoot of the first few scenes of breaking bad or something and someone gets to quip that it's weird they got a sitcom dad to play the role of a drug kingpin, but he really brings that monster to life.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
I hope 45 year old Aaron Paul is in high school

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

BCS will end with the conclusion of the get-back-at-Hamlin plot, and will not mention BrBa or the Cinnabon timeline again.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

unlimited shrimp posted:

Kim put the fly in the lab.

no, the fly was attracted by Lalo's corpse

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

last scene is cut to an indeterminate time later, an aged and clearly on the run couple, hiding their identities, Jim and Kimmy make low-grade hustles to survive in some backwater american town.

sorry for the spoilers

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Chadzok posted:

last scene is cut to an indeterminate time later, an aged and clearly on the run couple, hiding their identities, Jim and Kimmy make low-grade hustles to survive in some backwater american town.

sorry for the spoilers

And aged Lalo with a 2-meter long ZZ Top beard drops down from the ceiling behind them, cut to black Sopranos style. There is no credit sequence, only title card and back to black screen.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Wrex Ruckus posted:

no, the fly was attracted by Lalo's corpse

No joke, this would kind of be an incredible callback. While Walt and Jesse are looking for the fly, we see it periodically go back through some tiny crack, crawl behind a wall and land on some skull.

Edit: I just realized that when the lab blows up, the DEA counts the bodies and Lalo's obviously isn't there.

Maybe poured REALLY deeply in concrete?

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 12:36 on May 20, 2022

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

anime was right posted:

saul doesnt really seem "happy" in breaking bad.

I wouldn’t say he’s happy but he seems pretty content being Saul, which is the current paths he’s on. So whatever happens with Kim can’t be something life derailing.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Edit: I just realized that when the lab blows up, the DEA counts the bodies and Lalo's obviously isn't there.

He’s not a body by then, he’s a skeleton

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Kim sent the private detective.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
maybe they dipped lalo in that clear epoxy like they did the sliderule

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

No joke, this would kind of be an incredible callback. While Walt and Jesse are looking for the fly, we see it periodically go back through some tiny crack, crawl behind a wall and land on some skull.

Maybe poured REALLY deeply in concrete?

How many bodies did they find? Do we we know of any deaths there besides Victor? Didn't he get dissolved?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

There were two bodies of Gus’s goons Walt shot coming in to rescue Jesse after he and Hector killed Gus.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
The dream is that they do something so mind blowing in the finale that it completely recontextualizes the entirety of BB. A true holy poo poo moment for the ages.

However, I know that’s not exactly a realistic thing to do, so instead I’d like them to do something that makes the BCS/BB canon/continuity forever irreconcilable, and all of us nerds can just die mad.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

fullroundaction posted:

The dream is that they do something so mind blowing in the finale that it completely recontextualizes the entirety of BB. A true holy poo poo moment for the ages.

However, I know that’s not exactly a realistic thing to do, so instead I’d like them to do something that makes the BCS/BB canon/continuity forever irreconcilable, and all of us nerds can just die mad.

Pull an Inglorious Bastards and just have Mike kill Walter instead of letting him call Jesse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Always liked the David Wong take on the Star Wars prequels, "if it were up to me I'd have killed off Obi-Wan just to gently caress with everybody"