Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Tahirovic posted:

So I am in Corn jail meaning I need 600 or so more corn. I finally got the runestone from it too.
And that‘s the problem, the next runestone comes from Hops, apparently.

I am guessing Hops has priority now since the runestones give me access to the next area?

Yes, there are few things more important than getting those Runestone sets completed for the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Protocol7 posted:

I finally got my sawmill but I think I have one more crafting level to go until I can craft the shields. Eh, gonna stock up on boards a bit until then I guess.

How in the hell did you get the sawmill before you can craft shields? I know I'm bad at games but drat.

Unless you're one level short of making Sturdy Shields. In that case, make regular Wooden Shields for that last level. It's less profit but you'll get there way faster.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Nah crafting is my lowest level by far. Not sure how when I've put a lot more time into it than fishing or exploring.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

This game is really satisfying for a game that primarily exists to scratch the 'number go up' itch.

I'm very early on but stuff I love about this game:

The Library and the item descriptions mean that it's fairly clear how mechanics work, what you should be doing to start out, and its great that there is a guide accessible day 1, moment 1 to go "hey level up to here and then do this to turn the money faucet on".

The request system gives you objectives to target so that you don't feel overwhelmed with the sheer firehose of materials that ends up coming your way.

I feel like I can play actively and keep a close eye on things to chew through progress but at the same time if I'm going to be away for a day I can just queue up a long growing crop and not really stress too much about efficiency.

I think the last browser game I enjoyed this much was Fallen London which I only fell off because I'd done all the content available to my character at the time and then sent him off to seek the name (which ends the game, effectively).

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
Just left corn jail. A fitting end but now I feel lost and empty.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

tuyop posted:

Just left corn jail. A fitting end but now I feel lost and empty.

Seriously, now that I don't have "grow corn" as a default I'm kind of at a loss for what to grow half the time.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

A good default crop is Mushrooms. Even if you don’t need to Mushroom Paste yourself, you can trade it away easy for some easy OJ.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Honey is honestly the worst garbage to keep having to wait for, very tempted to plow through the rest of my exploring levels as soon as possible to get that bear.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Joined as Archenteron using the OP referral code and I have already been subjected to a slow but steady stream of various items coming into my mailbox that I don't know if I can sell or not (following the When In Doubt, Don't Tell It rule). Getting eggs, acorns, a 3-leaf clover, iron cups, a Gold Eggplant(?!?)

I also can't find the Tutorial?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Archenteron posted:

Joined as Archenteron using the OP referral code and I have already been subjected to a slow but steady stream of various items coming into my mailbox that I don't know if I can sell or not (following the When In Doubt, Don't Tell It rule). Getting eggs, acorns, a 3-leaf clover, iron cups, a Gold Eggplant(?!?)

Iron Cups are a good item to make to level your crafting skill early on. There's also a series of early quests involving them. Keep the rest until you can make or find it in quantity yourself.

The reason people are sending you stuff is that the game has a 'Daily Chores' system that randomly assigns tasks to people. One of the possible tasks you can get is "Mail 30 items to someone else", so you may just get free stuff on occasion.

Or even when someone sees you in the chat. The community is very giving.

PS: The tutorial is the Library. Read the 'Overview'.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Archenteron posted:

I sent you some eggs and mealworms. You‘ll likely have a lot of requests for eggs and no way to get more early on.
Use the mealworms when you have a request for golden fish. They only drop from manual fishing.

I am trying to level fishing so I am crafting a lot of nets. Does it make sense to send them to someone with 91 crafting but not 99 yet, to craft me large nets?

Tahirovic fucked around with this message at 08:27 on May 20, 2022

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Fishing in the Farm Pond will replenish your stamina.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Kaboobi posted:

Honey is honestly the worst garbage to keep having to wait for, very tempted to plow through the rest of my exploring levels as soon as possible to get that bear.

Allow me to assure you that that is much easier said than done. Exploration sucks to level

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Exploration is quite a grind. The xp per stamina is fairly low so it requires quite a lot of it to get to 99.
The amount of clicking required is rough as well. I was 93 before the birthday event and waited until tge 35% bonus and even then it required hours of spamming stamina, and thats with also consuming 400 AP and 300 cider in the process.

The game could use a QOL update with regards to spending stamina, 2 or even 3 more stamina doublers would honestly not be out of place (and have them be cheaper than 250g)

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
On Stamina, how do the Sprint Shoes upgrades actually work? The description wasn't very intuitive for me. One click still uses one stamina point, so I don't understand how "stamina is used faster". Is it simply just giving me more exp per click?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Fhqwhgads posted:

On Stamina, how do the Sprint Shoes upgrades actually work? The description wasn't very intuitive for me. One click still uses one stamina point, so I don't understand how "stamina is used faster". Is it simply just giving me more exp per click?

Sprint Shoes takes the number of stamina used per click, and doubles it. So you use 2 stamina at once instead of one.

If you click on the little "info" marker in the title bar of each location, it's also possible to boost this on a per-location basis with silver.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Quackles posted:

Sprint Shoes takes the number of stamina used per click, and doubles it. So you use 2 stamina at once instead of one.

If you click on the little "info" marker in the title bar of each location, it's also possible to boost this on a per-location basis with silver.

That's where I'm confused, because each click only decrements my stamina by 1, even though I bought Sprint Shoes I.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Fhqwhgads posted:

That's where I'm confused, because each click only decrements my stamina by 1, even though I bought Sprint Shoes I.

Sprint Shoes I and II will only do anything after you've already incremented the Stamina Effectiveness of a zone at least once.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Klungar posted:

Sprint Shoes I and II will only do anything after you've already incremented the Stamina Effectiveness of a zone at least once.

Ah ha! So I should at least be upping each zone by at least 1 then.

Edit: Yeah, one zone upgrade took my stamina usage from 1 to 4, so there it's working.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

New pet released, gets crab claws at level 6

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Unlocked Whispering Creek, hit 99 crafting and bought the one billion silver upgrade for the daily storage increase. :toot:

With that out of the way I can shift focus to item mastery. No more lanterns, my coal is going toward black powder and my bottles are going to everything else that needs them.

Ineptitude posted:

Exploration is quite a grind. The xp per stamina is fairly low so it requires quite a lot of it to get to 99.
The amount of clicking required is rough as well. I was 93 before the birthday event and waited until tge 35% bonus and even then it required hours of spamming stamina, and thats with also consuming 400 AP and 300 cider in the process.

The game could use a QOL update with regards to spending stamina, 2 or even 3 more stamina doublers would honestly not be out of place (and have them be cheaper than 250g)

Hopefully the level 80 zone addresses the problem of exploration falling behind the curve.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
Oh boy gold leafs. gently caress.

And that stupid hops guy you need to be level 99 complete. Goddamnit!

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

rafikki posted:

New pet released, gets crab claws at level 6

New pet drops a lot of stupidly good stuff. Regular nets AND large nets, Large Chest 2 (for the millions of screws you need), and crab claws. A level 6 parrot would make its money back in a couple weeks from the nets alone.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

New pet with crab claw and nets makes up for me spending 800 large nets last week farming up 100 crab claws!

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Yeah, I immediately bought it and upgraded to level 6

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Don't forget the blue dye. This is going to be a major boon for blue purse production.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

rafikki posted:

Yeah, I immediately bought it and upgraded to level 6

Same. I need 100 crab claws for the latest tower quest.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Protocol7 posted:

Nah crafting is my lowest level by far. Not sure how when I've put a lot more time into it than fishing or exploring.

Just quoting this because I'm barely crafting poo poo now and my crafting skill is now flying? I mean whatever. Shields for days now.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kaboobi posted:

New pet drops a lot of stupidly good stuff. Regular nets AND large nets, Large Chest 2 (for the millions of screws you need), and crab claws. A level 6 parrot would make its money back in a couple weeks from the nets alone.

Is that a better buy than level 6 tree frog for someone who just started the A Towering Investment quests?

I need to save up that billion and it seems like i can make like 50mil/hour so sometime tomorrow, I guess.

BennyGsGhost
Jun 27, 2002

Low P/B or Bust
Pillbug
Tried this a month ago or so and it didn't immediately take - tried it again a week or two back and I'm hooked. Just started beefing up the sawmill to start raking in cash! BennyG in game, added to the spreadsheet as well.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

In as capfalcon, please shower me with riches.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
I made a board in this MultiTimer app that i love, for all the crops after perks.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
I wish there was a way to make fishing easier. I'm close to 60 (56) where I can get mealworms, but it's so far away.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Vasler posted:

I wish there was a way to make fishing easier. I'm close to 60 (56) where I can get mealworms, but it's so far away.

Fishing Nets make fishing easier, you’ll only ever have to manually fish for gold fish then, which mealworms do speed up a lot.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

So close yet so far… Waiting on broccoli, shinefish and crab claws.

New pet was added today that will help with crab claws, the pirate bird.
Instant pickup and level six for me. Definitely a worthwhile pickup for most people as there’s a number of quests that require crab claws, and they have a very low drop rate from Emerald Beach. The quickest way I’ve got crab claws in the past was farming frogs and throwing them in the wishing well each day.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
And all of a sudden I hit a broccoli wall…

(I’m 75/69/77/69)

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Ive always grown a broccoli when going to bed since they take 8h so i never had shortage of them until i accidentally threw them all in the feed mill…

At least i’ll have GM feed in 400 days when my pigs have eaten all of it.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
So I’ve saved a billion now. Should I just get the storehouse upgrade? It seems like the next events might be awhile away still for the farming one. I have none of the billion upgrades rn.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Yeah get the storehouse upgrade, then get either the frog if you’re still gated by gold leafs or the green dragon if you’ve progressed that much by then.
edit: the new macaw seems like a good alternative to the dragon if you have the last fishing area, as each large net is worth about 4m silver with all the upgrades

Kaboobi fucked around with this message at 17:33 on May 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

What is the best source for glass bottles? An exploration zone surely, but which one is the best energy;bottle ratio or whatever?