Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

LifeSunDeath posted:

loving LOL!!!

Florida is one big grift, from time shares, to scientology, it's a purely grift based economy.

Not only, they're so good at grifting that they will grift people underwater until the entire state is underwater (physically). Which is due in the next century or less. Edit: the bitcoin market needs to die in a fire (remember I make money off this poop touching anyway), but.......we're going to probably have one more suckers rally through the end of this month to make up for the drop, before it's over. On top of that, the exchange I was working with, turns out, had a hand in giving Genesis a binance account to play the UST game. I am sure this will end well for them, as I happily distance the gently caress away from them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

LOL

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Kill All Cops posted:

one of the dudes in this video is getting donated a bunch of NFTs

https://twitter.com/JulyTheGinny/status/1526985431753101319

people so horny they're using nfts.. to impress a girl who doesn't want anything to do with them... who also turns out to be the dude.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hey, how is El Salvador going?

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.

Barudak posted:

Last time I read, they're propping up the coin by printing money but its still crashing, and basically no one is using it.

So you know. Exactly as planned.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Barudak posted:

heavily in debt and on the verge of bankruptcy.

https://twitter.com/_DavidFitz/status/1524424799912660992

it's worth noting that the bitcoin stuff is a sideshow here despite the central focus in the tweet. they are in debt for far more than they've spent on bitcoin. the president likely invested the nation's finances in btc in the hope that it could miraculously save them, which of course has backfired miserably.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The president should have just blown it at the track imo

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

priznat posted:

The president should have just blown it at the track imo
He'll probably have to blow something to get out of this one.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
He coulda won big on that crazy biting horse!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Shumagorath posted:

He'll probably have to blow something to get out of this one.

Putin will give him asylum surely

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Wait.

So their President did the equivalent of 'Can't pay these bills. Better max out all these credit cards, and place it all on Black'

:psyduck:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

heavily in debt and on the verge of bankruptcy.

https://twitter.com/_DavidFitz/status/1524424799912660992

it's worth noting that the bitcoin stuff is a sideshow here despite the central focus in the tweet. they are in debt for far more than they've spent on bitcoin. the president likely invested the nation's finances in btc in the hope that it could miraculously save them, which of course has backfired miserably.

as far as i'm concern this dude is just a richer, crazier and more empowered version of the garfieldeats founder

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Betting on Black has a near 50% of getting something back.
This is betting on libertarians, crypto bros, outright scammers, and Elon Musk.
Which is virtually 0% of getting something back.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
But of course.

https://twitter.com/kotaku/status/1527459486943924240

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

And with that, the game finally stops.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

It will never not be hilarious that Gamestop is managing to completely squander this meme stock bump they god.

loving hell, just print a bajillion shares, cash in while the cashing is good, and use that cushion to figure out WTF to to do rebalance your business.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Remember when gamestop was know as the place that would rip you off on trade ins?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Guze posted:

Remember when gamestop was know as the place that would rip you off on trade ins?

Lol it still is if you're into that. Last I saw it was something like $20 for a brand new (as in launched in the last couple weeks) game that you powered through and beat, which they turn around and sell for $66.99 instead of $70.

Numbers pulled out of my rear end, but correct enough.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Guze posted:

Hey, that's unfair.

They also rip you off by selling used stuff as new!

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Random Stranger posted:

From what I remember from my IC manufacturing courses, neon isn't used in every process. And since it's used to keep a neutral environment, it's potentially possible to substitute another noble gas. But I'm sure there's weird complications there that mean you can't just swap out the neon bottle for an argon bottle.

Basically, it'll effect some things but not others and they might be able to bring other methods online without neon but they can't just flip a switch to do it. So, yeah, kind of opaque unless you're actually engineering those lines.

Neon is used in the light source. You're correct that it can't just be switched out. Note that the witches brew of gasses in the light source depends on the desired wavelength (a function of the feature size you're aiming for).

With EUV, I don't think neon's involved: it's based on 40nm sized droplets of tin getting plasma'd by a CO2 laser.

Neon can also be recycled: while it was cheaper to use virgin material, that's what they did. Since disposal meant venting to atmosphere (it's inert), I imagine that fitting the recovery equipment to facilitate recycling would be (by the standards of the industry) relatively easy.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005

Cyrano4747 posted:

Lol it still is if you're into that. Last I saw it was something like $20 for a brand new (as in launched in the last couple weeks) game that you powered through and beat, which they turn around and sell for $66.99 instead of $70.

drat, console games are $70 now? glad i still play the same garbage I've been playing for the last 15-20 years

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

hotdog feet posted:

drat, console games are $70 now? glad i still play the same garbage I've been playing for the last 15-20 years

Yeah, the AAA poo poo for the latest gen.

Of course if you can wait even a couple weeks whatever new game you want is all over eBay for half that.

If you opt for the digital version you're just SOL, though.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Digital editions are for the birds

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
digital editions are still a better investment than crypto though, tbf

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Wendigee posted:

Digital editions are for the birds

I've gone all digital on my PC for years now, but there are enough different stores over there that you end up getting deep as gently caress discounts. Once in a blue moon I'll pay launch prices but for the most part I just wait six months and get it for half off.

The problem with console is the lack of competing stores which means you're stuck.

I've got no problem with digital editions in and of themselves. I don't get too hung up on ownership of the game that I'm going to play for a month or three right now and then in 95% of cases not touch again after I uninstall it. Used prices on disks (edit: selling yourself on ebay) are so abysmal that it's usually not even worth offloading them unless you're sitting on a stack of dozens. So the fact that I cant re-sell my old copy of Crusader Kings II after CK III launches is a big whatever from me.

Buying old disks is just how you get poo poo cheaply in console land, though. On my PC I wait for Steam/GoG sales, on the PS I lurk ebay.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

hotdog feet posted:

digital editions are still a better investment than crypto though, tbf

So are scratchers, to be fair.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

The dead end cultists in those replies. They bought in at 350 and think it's going back.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Guze posted:

The dead end cultists in those replies. They bought in at 350 and think it's going back.

Even if it does, how long is that going to take? Rent, bills, food- odds are all those are gonna come knocking long before the spike.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Guze posted:

the GME bagholders are getting increasingly insane, they got too stupid for even wallstreetbets and splintered off into their own space

http://old.reddit.com/r/superstonk

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Cyrano4747 posted:

It will never not be hilarious that Gamestop is managing to completely squander this meme stock bump they god.

loving hell, just print a bajillion shares, cash in while the cashing is good, and use that cushion to figure out WTF to to do rebalance your business.

I'm pretty sure they did print an assload of shares to capitalize on the hype.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Deki posted:

I'm pretty sure they did print an assload of shares to capitalize on the hype.

lol if they did and still managed to gently caress this up.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

repiv posted:

the GME bagholders are getting increasingly insane, they got too stupid for even wallstreetbets and splintered off into their own space

Oh yeah they're just Q people now but for a video game store.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Cyrano4747 posted:

during the height of COVID scarcity, when you could sell a PS4 for $400 or more on eBay, Gamestop was giving people $110 for one

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Cyrano4747 posted:

I've gone all digital on my PC for years now

Oh yeah... I don't play games very much and when I do it's on PC using steam.... But those games are way cheaper than console and also not tied to said console so when I build a new pc in 3 years they will still work.

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

Strong Sauce posted:

people so horny they're using nfts.. to impress a girl who doesn't want anything to do with them... who also turns out to be the dude.

The og artist is selling NFTs for the song… but 100% of the proceeds are going to charity

https://twitter.com/salemilese/status/1527347560372789248?s=21&t=ajaRYt69h-lUogmb8cfatA

Meanwhile… there is ALREADY a cryptoboy coin lol

https://twitter.com/cryptoboyerc/status/1527370373591101441?s=21&t=ajaRYt69h-lUogmb8cfatA

And I’ve also fallen down the tiktok rabbit hole and the cringy responses hollering back at her are incredible

https://twitter.com/adamsmoot/status/1526227141452505095?s=21&t=ajaRYt69h-lUogmb8cfatA

Elerion
May 31, 2011

taco show posted:

And I’ve also fallen down the tiktok rabbit hole and the cringy responses hollering back at her are incredible

https://twitter.com/adamsmoot/status/1526227141452505095?s=21&t=ajaRYt69h-lUogmb8cfatA

Even songs about crypto have dips(hits) I guess.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

taco show posted:

The og artist is selling NFTs for the song… but 100% of the proceeds are going to charity

https://twitter.com/salemilese/status/1527347560372789248?s=21&t=ajaRYt69h-lUogmb8cfatA

Meanwhile… there is ALREADY a cryptoboy coin lol

https://twitter.com/cryptoboyerc/status/1527370373591101441?s=21&t=ajaRYt69h-lUogmb8cfatA

oh my god its worse than I ever could have imagined.

I was ready for some cringe but I think I just hurt myself.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

True art.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Cyrano4747 posted:

lol if they did and still managed to gently caress this up.

Honestly are they though?

This NFT poo poo ain't going anywhere, but it's placating the cult that have been driving up their share prices even as they print more.

And their NFT experiment might still make them money because of all the gullible dupes convinced GME is some sort of divinely ordained path to success.

repiv posted:

"The banks and politicians are conspiring against us, otherwise we'd all be billionaiires. So lets put more money in the rigged system they control, that'll show em!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
what even are girls, really