Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

Everyone's in a hurry for Butt groceries...

Glorious snype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

builds character posted:

What the actual gently caress?

Obligatory" it's a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand "

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Oddhair posted:

Glorious snype.

Wife said to drag my rear end to the grocery store and then complains about her jeep when i bring it back?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

BraveUlysses posted:

my man just wanted to get to HEB

they have these pecans rolled in cinnamon sugar in the bulk bins and it's so legit to steal a few.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Oddhair posted:

Glorious snype.

Now you're making me REALLY wish I'd saved some of my pay stubs (I do have W2s though).

Yes, they said "H.E. Butt Grocery". Yes, they were signed "Charles Butt". Kinda wonder what'll happen when he dies, since he has no children and never married, he wound up with the company when his dad caught TB. He's already stepped down as CEO (someone from outside the family is now CEO, and things have definitely changed a bit). Hopefully he leaves the company to one of his family members.

I still own a few employee shares in the company; I should be able to cash them in at the end of this year.

They use "Here, Everything's Better" as their advertising slogan, and have for a long time now. Can't figure out why. :iiam:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

STR posted:

Now you're making me REALLY wish I'd saved some of my pay stubs (I do have W2s though).

Yes, they said "H.E. Butt Grocery". Yes, they were signed "Charles Butt". Kinda wonder what'll happen when he dies, since he has no children and never married, he wound up with the company when his dad caught TB. He's already stepped down as CEO (someone from outside the family is now CEO, and things have definitely changed a bit). Hopefully he leaves the company to one of his family members.

I still own a few employee shares in the company; I should be able to cash them in at the end of this year.

They use "Here, Everything's Better" as their advertising slogan, and have for a long time now. Can't figure out why. :iiam:

thats a "Life's Good" rear end maneuver there. not a fan

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

It's still a mix of family and employee owned, so hopefully the company can't get gobbled up by Albertson's or Kroger once he passes. I would hope he's distributed ownership among the family enough to where he's not a majority stakeholder. Pretty sure Texans would revolt if ownership left the family anyway.

It's always been a Texas (and a few stores in northern Mexico) company, with a brief experiment in Louisiana. 117 years of continuous operation. Texans love them so much that it's almost like a cult, and TBH, it's a fantastic company to have on your resume if you're in Texas. Their longest serving employee just retired after 56 years, and I personally know people who've worked there for over 40 years. They have some old school benefits, like their own cabins that any employee can use for free at two different compounds (one of the "cabins" is the house that the founder's son grew up in [the company still carries his name]; it was relocated to the compound outside Kerrville in the 1940s, any employee can reserve it). I ALMOST reserved that one for myself, but wanted to leave it for a family needing more space; turns out only two other families were out there when I was, so it would have been no problem to use it. Shitload more cleaning than the little place we wound up in though, and would have been a lot closer to the road.

How do you know if someone's from Texas? They'll tell you within 5 minutes. There's a lot of poo poo to hate about Texas, but HEB is universally loved here.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:11 on May 20, 2022

netwerk23
Aug 22, 2000
I spelled 'network' wrong.
We recently went to the movies to see the Dr. Strange flick. I parked, and noticed this little pile of metal in the empty spot next to me. Any idea what it used to be?

In the spot, it was roughly near the back, if the vehicle had parked head-in. The ground around it looked like there had been fire, or some dark fluid, on it too. At first glance I thought brake rotor, but that didn't make sense. then I though rear diff, but I'm not sure either. Any ideas? My kid's foot for scale.

click for Giant.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

netwerk23 posted:

We recently went to the movies to see the Dr. Strange flick. I parked, and noticed this little pile of metal in the empty spot next to me. Any idea what it used to be?

In the spot, it was roughly near the back, if the vehicle had parked head-in. The ground around it looked like there had been fire, or some dark fluid, on it too. At first glance I thought brake rotor, but that didn't make sense. then I though rear diff, but I'm not sure either. Any ideas? My kid's foot for scale.

click for Giant.

Looks like the parts of a flywheel or pulley?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Don't think it's a pulley.

The thinner pieces almost look like chunks of a bellhousing or something.

Little round barrel shaped thing in the center almost looks like the rolling element from a cylindrical bearing, but I don't think so, and there should be tons more.

Whatever it is, someone didn't have a good day.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

STR posted:

It's still a mix of family and employee owned, so hopefully the company can't get gobbled up by Albertson's or Kroger once he passes. I would hope he's distributed ownership among the family enough to where he's not a majority stakeholder. Pretty sure Texans would revolt if ownership left the family anyway.

I don't know about that. They sold Whataburger to a loving Chicago company and they're all still standing (not that I eat there hardly any more.)

Edit: "they" being the Dobson family who owned Whataburger until 2019. They still have a small stake, according to Wikipedia, but not controlling.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 16:43 on May 20, 2022

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

slidebite posted:

Don't think it's a pulley.

The thinner pieces almost look like chunks of a bellhousing or something.

Little round barrel shaped thing in the center almost looks like the rolling element from a cylindrical bearing, but I don't think so, and there should be tons more.

Whatever it is, someone didn't have a good day.

Yeah, flywheel or parts of the drivetrain was my first guess.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Oddhair posted:

Glorious snype.

CommieGIR posted:

Looks like the parts of a flywheel or pulley?

PTO brake?

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

netwerk23 posted:

Any ideas? My kid's foot for scale.

click for Giant.

Looks like something not necessarily automotive, like the base of a [cheap] swiveling bench vise. The casting looks too lovely for a vehicle.

insta
Jan 28, 2009

glyph posted:

Looks like something not necessarily automotive, like the base of a [cheap] swiveling bench vise. The casting looks too lovely for a vehicle.

So what Chrystler is it from?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Kinda looks like the rim of a flushmount casing, but the bolt hols are in the wrong place. Or they are for every one that I've seen.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

If your going to blow something up, do it spectacularly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFqegWWCFiU

The cylinder pressure involved in splitting a solid cast iron cummins block in half along the cam tunnel boggle the mind

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Only $10k for what has to be the fastest truck ever built? What a steal :orks:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

redgubbinz posted:

Only $10k for what has to be the fastest truck ever built? What a steal :orks:

Well given you'll be so high from the paint fumes, you'll believe whatever you are told :)

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

tow-behind an RV?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I scrolled right past the image before my brain allowed itself to register what it was looking at.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

How?

I mean, I know how, but not how.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

How?

I mean, I know how, but not how.

Car in park, towed behind an RV is the usual answer.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

sharkytm posted:

If not that, and I guess even that, stupid tends to cover it.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Too many power brakes with the ABS off clearly.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

BigPaddy posted:

Too many power brakes with the ABS off clearly.

tried to do a brake-stand burnout but had a lot more rear grip than front? lol

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

These "actually a cake" cakes are getting ridiculous.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
"customer states they just want a new tyre put on"

America
Apr 26, 2017

That photo makes me really appreciate the sfx in Terminator 2. Pretty spot on!

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

sharkytm posted:

parking pawl disengages at around 10mph. they're spring loaded to prevent damage to the pawl or the drum it acts on.
This is.... something else.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Parking brake (maybe with the trans in park), or it seized up. Plenty of videos of crazy people driving on the highway with a wheel on its way to that.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/ktFwqZI.mp4
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/ferrari-sf90-stradale-crashes-into-5-parked-cars-is-abandoned-at-the-scene-189720.html

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I'll take impaired or otherwise prohibited drivers for $1000 Alex.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
"Stolen" was my first thought, but that dude definitely owns it.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I love the tesla style inability to open the door after a crash.
SOOOOOO modern!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I was thinking "rental" based on the passenger having what looks like a camera.

(or maybe that's just his phone and I'm thinking like it's 2004 still)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

it's like a sluice box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific