Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

There's a very interesting new promo up on YouTube for AS7. It was really fun, I'd love to see something similar for every season. The only thing I'm iffy about is that half of the depictions look nothing like the queens they represent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

BACK TO THE GLITTER MINES, WE'VE GOT SOME ALL-STARS TO WATCH!

Yes, the rumored "All Winners" Season has come to pass. Eight previous champions return for a battle royale on the runway! Will they survive the Twist? Will there even be a Twist? (Yes, there's a twist lol.)

YOUR QUEENS

Jaida Essence Hall - Season 12 - Winner

Jinkx Monsoon - Season 5 Winner

Monét X Change - All Stars 4 - Winner

Raja - Season 3 - Winner

Shea Couleé - All Stars 5 - Winner

The Vivienne - UK series 1 - Winner

Trinity the Tuck - All Stars 4 - Winner

Yvie Oddly - Season 11 - Winner

Episodes are released on Fridays on Paramount Plus, Wow Presents Plus, or whatever your local streaming service is. Release time TBA.

Sit back and enjoy a couple of months of extravagant drag!

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
To clarify, that's Wow Presents Plus internationally, not US, correct?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Nihonniboku posted:

To clarify, that's Wow Presents Plus internationally, not US, correct?

That's correct. Paramount Plus in the US, likely Crave in Canada, Wow most elsewhere.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Pinwiz11 posted:

Jaida Essence Hall - Season 12 - Winner

I think I'm ovulating, this pic got me short on air and weepy.

subpar anachronism posted:

There's a very interesting new promo up on YouTube for AS7. It was really fun, I'd love to see something similar for every season. The only thing I'm iffy about is that half of the depictions look nothing like the queens they represent.

this is honestly very cute!!! I guess the animator has been working with major acts/brands for a while but it still has the 'feel' of fan content. I dig it! Though yeah, you're right about the art not being like .. accurate, lol.

Carlton Banks Teller fucked around with this message at 09:39 on May 18, 2022

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Everyone looks stunning in those promos looks. Fingers crossed it’s less of a mess than UK vs. the world.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Dugong posted:

Everyone looks stunning in those promos looks. Fingers crossed it’s less of a mess than UK vs. the world.

It'll be different, but don't know if it'll be less messy. Normal all star rules are out, rumor is nobody goes home, and instead they are competing to rack up points and other advantages.

They've all been in good spirits while doing press, so I'm hopeful.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
The management company most of the S14 girls were signed with (Voss) apparently requires the queens to not take pics with Dragcon attendees unless said attendee has spent at least $X at that queen's booth. On the other hand, several S14 queens have now been dropped from Voss, including Maddy.

https://twitter.com/MaddyMorphosis/status/1525351235536056321?cxt=HHwWgsCj_b63kasqAAAA
https://twitter.com/MaddyMorphosis/status/1525352122740449280

So either Maddy got dropped for offering free photos to fans, or she got dropped and therefore said "gently caress it, if you want a pic, you get one". :allears: I think it's the latter, as several of the other "Early outs" have been dropped...either way, good for her!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Oh ffs AS7 episodes are releasing at 3 am Eastern.

(I am off work this Friday and the next, so I don't have to wait so long but whyyyyyyyyyyyy)

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pinwiz11 posted:

Oh ffs AS7 episodes are releasing at 3 am Eastern.

(I am off work this Friday and the next, so I don't have to wait so long but whyyyyyyyyyyyy)

Oh yeah, I suppose I could watch it Friday morning since I work a compressed schedule and have every other Friday off. But drag in the morning seems like too much. I might just loaf around and continue replaying Red Dead Redemption 2 and save drag race for an appropriate time to start drinking.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
15 minute preview is up on Youtube

Really excited to see Jaida let loose. She's a much goofier person than she let on during S12.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
The preview just made me go “oh poo poo, I forgot how loving amazing Jinkx is on TV”. The preview alone has so many quotable lines.

I need to use “internationally tolerated” and “despite my many neuroses” in every day life.

Success begets better drag made me cackle too.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

15 minute preview is up on Youtube

Really excited to see Jaida let loose. She's a much goofier person than she let on during S12.

Jaida was a good winner, but when she was out in the carpark during the weird COVID finale she seemed to be having heaps of silly fun and i fell absolutely in love with her

Bookish
Sep 7, 2006

80% sexy 20% disgusting
I just love Yvie's full on, wide mouthed, head thrown back laugh.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I am ashamed to admit I completely forgot about this look, and just re-discovered it again. :allears: :love:

https://twitter.com/the_symonee/status/1386082576633262080

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Aside from my top 3, I'm kind of most excited to see what The Vivienne brings. I was too TeamDivina the first time to really appreciate her fully, but she's certainly a drag queen's drag queen. And possibly the only queen who can give Jinkx a run for her money in Snatch Game.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I love scouser accents. It's like a velvet brick.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

This season is off to a very strong start

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.
Oh thanks Twitter, that is definitely sensitive content in that tweet. What the gently caress.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I didn't expect to enjoy an Old MacDonald lipsync so much, but Shea turned that the gently caress out :allears:

e: Wait a second there are two eps already!!!

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 15:43 on May 20, 2022

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

First episode: Very fun, very drag summer camp-y vibes.
Second episode:

I even like the dumb plunger gimmick, though I expect the intensity to ramp up as the season progresses.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
unreasonable amounts of good tv between as7 and espana 2

and we just get to have jinkx and raja and shea around talking and nobody's going home and all these people won because they made good tv in the first place

help my ennui is disappearing

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

According to Wikipedia, AS7 is 12 episodes. :getin:

Plenty of time for the season to get reeeeeeeeeal interesting with The Twist.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

You know, when you get all star seasons and even winner seasons, you expect there to be like a few duds. I mean, Survivor had a winners season and that… was a thing.

Everyone in this season is here to play and they all make fantastic TV. I can only hope and pray that they keep up this momentum because what an amazing first two episodes.

The second episode is of particular note. At this point, retire Snatch Game cause we will never get anything as good as Jinkx as Judy Garland ever again. There were also no terrible bombs this year either.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Seriously excellent television. My only complaint so far was I thought the sound mixing was terrible in the song in the first episode. I thought the verses came in way too quiet.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I was expecting this to completely bomb and be horrible because I am always let down whenever I get excited about something. Boy-o am I glad I was wrong - so very very wrong.

jimmydalad posted:

The second episode is of particular note. At this point, retire Snatch Game cause we will never get anything as good as Jinkx as Judy Garland ever again. There were also no terrible bombs this year either.

OMG yes! I completely agree.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

jimmydalad posted:

And then Trinity's capper on that final song was :perfect:.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jinkx is the loving BEST. Goddamn, absolute goddess tier.

Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

garthoneeye posted:

Seriously excellent television. My only complaint so far was I thought the sound mixing was terrible in the song in the first episode. I thought the verses came in way too quiet.

I had the exact same issue. My partner and I had to replay it and try to turn the volume up since some of the queens’ lyrics were virtually inaudible over the music.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Can't watch it till tonight after work, because Crave didn't put the episodes up until after 4 a.m. Eastern, and the anticipation is killing me, in a good way.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I can't stop watching this (ep 2 spoiler FOR THE LOVE OF CHER DON'T WATCH IT UNTIL YOU'VE SEEN THE EPISODE)

https://twitter.com/Henry92589880/status/1527680027562852352

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Oh my god, did I just see Yvie Oddly Naruto-run off the main stage? :allears:

Bookish
Sep 7, 2006

80% sexy 20% disgusting
God I love Jinkx. I’m so happy to see her on tv again :love:

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Oh that Snatch Game from Jinkx. Shut it down, it’s done. Christ it was good. I want to see Jinkx live again.

Enjoying the season, I’m rooting for Raja, Jinkx and Shea.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Oh my God, Snatch Game was epic! Even the ones that didn't do so hot on their first Snatch Game did better now. But drat, some gave Master Classes in the art of Snatch Game.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
God I missed Jinkx and Shae on my screen on Fridays.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
So, it turns out that the spoilers from last summer about the twist were true. I love this format, and I think it should be the format for All Stars going forward.

That said, 3 hours of drag race is a lot to comment on, so my focus right now is mostly on episode 2.

That was probably the best Snatch Game we've ever had. Nobody was bad. Several queens were brilliant. Jinkx was maybe the best we've ever seen. I think Shea was probably the worst, as both characters. When Jaida said she was the trade of her season, I gave her major side eye, but for some reason her portrayal of Prince really did it for me. I questioned Raja's characters, I was vaguely aware of Madam, and after the last time someone portrayed Diana Vreeland it was a disaster, but that was wonderful. Monet's Mike Tyson was great, but I absolutely did not understand her Martin Lawrence. It wasn't an impression at all.

I'm not sure who I'm rooting for this season, but I just absolutely love that nobody is going home.

I was loving the twist that Raven was going to be able compete, but it was a nice gag.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 04:15 on May 21, 2022

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I think one of the best things this season does is go “yes, everyone here is a winner and 100% deserve to be winners”. The issue that normally happens with All Stars seasons is that you risk legacies being tarnished and fan favourites potentially getting thrown under the bus with bad edits.

It’s immediately clear that every queen this season is getting a good edit and the judges are definitely being nicer with their comments. It feels more like a celebration of drag and Drag Race than a competition, which is what this should be. These are iconic and legendary queens and they are being given their dues.

I just hope they keep this up. The format lends itself for queens to excel and loosen up. I read a comment saying that Jaida loosening up and just going “gently caress it, let’s just have fun” when their Prince snatch was bombing would never have happened if the threat of elimination loomed over them.

Just inject the energy of the first two episodes into my veins and keep it up for the whole season.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

My problem with All Stars is that it's overproduced and gimmicky rather than a real competition and I think this twist will mitigate that. At least it has in these first two episodes. It's so much fun watching these eight incredibly talented people who all respect each other compete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I'm surprised it took so long for anyone to do Judy Garland for Snatch Game, but it should probably never be attempted again because there's no topping that.