Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Late but if you’re genuinely curious about the Disney Fast Pass/ Genie+ thing and the reasoning behind its steady devolution this is excellent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yjZpBq1XBE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Today's work status: :piss:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/chrissy_smithy/status/1527353620244549647

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Today's work status: :piss:

I start my new job on Tuesday (Salesforce / Salesforce Marketing Cloud admin) and I was told to expect Tuesday and Wednesday to basically be non-stop meetings from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. :shepicide:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The ugly truth is that it's the venues that implement all the bullshit fees and Ticketmaster is just the face of the bad guy.

Like Goodell is for the owners.

Not actually true because ticketmaster also owns a lot of the venues or other parts of the chain that are collecting those fees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_Y7uqqEFnY

The whole "we're just the bad guys" is bullshit.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Timby posted:

I start my new job on Tuesday (Salesforce / Salesforce Marketing Cloud admin) and I was told to expect Tuesday and Wednesday to basically be non-stop meetings from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. :shepicide:

I do enjoy when marketing teams want everything done yesterday with no warning and when you ask for details on what campaigns they want to run they throw their hands up and say something along the lines of “I am not a computer person just make it generate leads”.

When they start talking about consultants for hit me up :v:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

BigPaddy posted:

I do enjoy when marketing teams want everything done yesterday with no warning and when you ask for details on what campaigns they want to run they throw their hands up and say something along the lines of “I am not a computer person just make it generate leads”.

When they start talking about consultants for hit me up :v:

This is for an agency and it's a client-facing role, I'll actually be running the automation and Salesforce.com environments for a fairly large company in the veterinary / animal pharmaceuticals space. But apparently they intend to put me through the wringer as soon as I'm done with my first-day HR paperwork.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Intruder posted:

https://twitter.com/AlphaMasculini1/status/1527056029351043072

Just one of the weirdest twitter threads I've ever seen. Really hoping this is a gimmick post

Nah these freaks are everywhere. It's legitimate and a big reason why everyone has such a broken brain on the internet

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Intruder posted:

I like how the pictures he uses are just utterly horny

Yeah, like all-caps HORNT

I’d feel sorry for these weirdos if they weren’t all one embarrassing rejection away from being school shooters.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Bird in a Blender posted:

Had a very weird experience on a work trip today. I had planned to stay the night in Cleveland because I was going to be in a meeting until 5, and the latest flight out on United to O'Hare was 6 PM, and I figured no way I'm going to make that flight, so I booked a flight for tomorrow morning. At 4:30, the meeting was wrapping up and my boss told me to try and change flights to today, except when I tried it was all booked up and only had standby. Well me boss kind of kept pushing it, even though he was still staying the night. He ended up suggesting I book through another airline, which I eventually did. So I made it home, but now I've been on hold with United for like 45 minutes trying to cancel my flight.

I wouldn't have bothered, but he kept pushing it, so I finally just booked a new flight. I'm probably wasting like $300 between cancelling flights and a hotel reservation that I was too late to cancel. Good thing my boss was there because my expense report is going to be a loving mess and I hope I don't get a bunch of questions.

He thinks you're a narc

Pain of Mind posted:

I would like to imagine the conversation started off with rational arguments, and as it became clear it was not feasible to actually fly out that day the arguments devolved into outright begging you to just leave before 6:21 for no actual reason at all. I had something similar happen trying to tell my dad not to look under the bed once at like 13 when some skin mag was hidden there or something. To be fair he did not actually look, though I think he knew what was going on. Is your boss in sales? Whenever I had to travel to conferences for work, all of the non-sales people would go and get dinner together and see more touristy stuff, while all the sales people would hangout in the hotel bar without their wedding rings.

*nods sagely*

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Late but if you’re genuinely curious about the Disney Fast Pass/ Genie+ thing and the reasoning behind its steady devolution this is excellent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yjZpBq1XBE

"let's take an excruciatingly deep dive"

an hour and 44 minute video. Checks out.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm flying to STL from PDX with a layover at MSP. When I arrived at MSP I learn my connecting flight is canceled, so now I'm flying to ATL so that I can get back to my final destination at STL.

My Jack & Coke cost more than the WiFi I spent to shitpost at 30,000 feet.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Android Apocalypse posted:

I'm flying to STL from PDX with a layover at MSP. When I arrived at MSP I learn my connecting flight is canceled, so now I'm flying to ATL so that I can get back to my final destination at STL.

My Jack & Coke cost more than the WiFi I spent to shitpost at 30,000 feet.

Thanks Obama

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Alaois posted:

Cheers and I Love Lucy are both in that image

welp

I didn't click in. I was supposed to click in, I guess. Also I Love Lucy is right there and I didn't even see it.

:negative:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I thought you were commenting that none of us mentioned I Love Lucy and was just thinking to myself: Yeah, but none of us are 60.

Heck, even Cheers is so old it's a plot point in a show about a dude going through magic alzheimers trying to use it to keep his mind working.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Kalli posted:

I thought you were commenting that none of us mentioned I Love Lucy and was just thinking to myself: Yeah, but none of us are 60.

Heck, even Cheers is so old it's a plot point in a show about a dude going through magic alzheimers trying to use it to keep his mind working.

Where’s Andy Griffith? Leave It To Beaver? Kids these days.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

A few posts had gone by and I was posting from my kindle and started with Cheers, which I didn't see in the tweet thumbnail, and then was thinking "hmm what other seminal old comedies" and thought oh yeah, I love lucy.

I shoulda clicked in, but it really looked like it was just a draft of six shows each across three teams.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

If you find a person who is old enough they would almost certainly want All in the Family in there somewhere from what I can tell. Like someone mentioned there's a divide between 'what is funny' and 'what changed how we think about things' going on here to some extent.

Anyway like a few others Friends going first overall had me :psyduck:ing all over the place.

e: I guess MASH is missing too from the old rear end shows. Which I never thought of seeing reruns as all that funny but, well everyone in the world apparently watched it.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 17:55 on May 20, 2022

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

The most jarring thing watching old shows is having a laugh track. It something I never considered once at all, but I think it was on Twenty Thousand Hertz where they discussed the life and death of it, and how The Office basically killed it.

I find it so grating now that I can barely watch a show that has one.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Kalli posted:

I love lucy holds up remarkably well, and because desilu shot it all on film and saved it, the HD transfers are really nice.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Braksgirl posted:

Where’s Andy Griffith? Leave It To Beaver? Kids these days.

Andy Griffith is cancelled now thanks to the tireless efforts of a goon with a 100+ episode podcast about how it singlehandedly ruined America.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
We know Lucy holds up well cause half the sitcoms ever made have been recycling Lucy plots.

Nov 6, 2002

Its Rinaldo posted:

I am appalled by cringe comedy so thanks for the warning

People talk about Fawlty Towers but some one season show doesn't seem like it could ever be really that good. Like, it's Firefly levels anti hype for me.

Faulty Towers is like Monty Python: there are a few bits which are hilarious but the bulk of it is pretty stupid.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Oh so it's english

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

We know Lucy holds up well cause half the sitcoms ever made have been recycling Lucy plots.

I Love Lucy also aced hitting that spot between being really funny and also challenging people to maybe rethink a little bit what they were thinking at the time.

Nov 6, 2002

Like how many times you should hit your wife?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Pron on VHS posted:

The best casting decision in TV history is James Purefoy as Marc Antony

I saw this post.

I read this post.

I agreed with this post.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Like how many times you should hit your wife?

I mean we're definitely grading on a curve here. It aired at the same time The Honeymooners did and the only joke I know from there is about slapping your wife to the moon? I'm sure there were others, and wiki tells me it has some storylines. But it didn't sit in popular consciousness long enough for me to get anything other than that.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I've never watched All in the Family outside of bits, but I did watch a ton of the Jeffersons growing up.

Other old as hell sitcom chat:

The Sitcom Soap aired from '77-'81 and featured Billy Crystal playing the first openly gay character in a sitcom.

Naturally they immediately have him want to become a woman so he can keep his relationship with Joe Namath and then later had him hosed straight, but hey, firsts!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm suddenly reminded of that sitcom Coach. I remember the intro but cannot remember if the show was funny or not. It lasted for 200 episodes though, so it must have been decent!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I am unable to take any of these seriously without Major Dad.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Was it a snake draft? If so, strong showing from #6 taking Curb and Always Sunny back to back at the turn.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

seiferguy posted:

I'm suddenly reminded of that sitcom Coach. I remember the intro but cannot remember if the show was funny or not. It lasted for 200 episodes though, so it must have been decent!

His assistant coaches being Dauber and Luther went from funny characters as a kid to ridiculous caricatures as I grew up a bit, then as an adult I realized they were far too accurate.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I enjoy discussing old sitcoms because one time when that happened in this thread I was introduced to Goth Mark from later seasons of Home Improvement and I still crack up occasionally thinking about it.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Kalli posted:

I enjoy discussing old sitcoms because one time when that happened in this thread I was introduced to Goth Mark from later seasons of Home Improvement and I still crack up occasionally thinking about it.

Holy poo poo I remember that :laffo:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I still have the image saved in my upload junk folder

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Because it's Tim Allen I have to assume Goth Mark was a parent's worst nightmare, and compares pretty much 1:1 to the liberal daughter he has on whatever dumbass show he has going now.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Just got into a 30 minute argument with one of my mechanics that ended with him quitting and leaving my side business’ shop. The argument started over me asking him to order a series of parts for this guys motor, a Yamaha. Only important to know that because it’s Japanese made and parts are hard to get because it’s from Japan. War. Covid. He told me it’ll be 2-3 and I asked if we really needed a new water pump… can he just rebuild so we don’t have to wait for the lovely supply chain because of the war and Covid…

NOPE it’s all Joe Biden’s fault. Every single second of it. It was a normal convo until he flipped a switch and said he couldn’t work for anyone whose blind to the world and quit. Which is good bc he’s frankly a bad mechanic who just throws his hands up in the air saying “welp need a new motor!!” To solve his problems. Sorry for the vent.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 19:31 on May 20, 2022

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I Love Lucy rules. Cheers rules. Mary Tyler Moore rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Intruder posted:

https://twitter.com/AlphaMasculini1/status/1527056029351043072

Just one of the weirdest twitter threads I've ever seen. Really hoping this is a gimmick post

Twitter nuked the entire thread apparently. It was up when I first saw it a couple of hours ago and now it’s all “this post violated Twitter rules”

Federalist Society-to-bench pipeline getting stronger and stronger