Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Man hideout spawn rate is some garbage. My boyfriend threw me all of his Primordial Blocks maps he had amassed in Standard (like 15 or so) and nothing from those. I've done maybe an equal amount of Summits with nothing so far and did a shitton of Icebergs a few leagues ago for nada.

Just give me something game. Making the spawn rate so low when you already have to luck into the correct maps and some of these rotate out of the general pool is some hot garbage.

I'm peeved at video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Really enjoying RF to just brainlessly farm 16s with as low an APM as humanly possible. Only issue is I'm a little fragile and my single target is a little questionable if something gets roided up by my sentinel and a fat stack of nemesis mods simultaneously.

I figure most of this is just solved by gear upgrades. The transition to Aegis Aurora block and Melding should do a lot for survivability, and a better weapon will work wonders for my damage. If I really want to lean in on damage I'm presuming Aegis to prop up survival and a big cluster setup is probably the correct approach looking towards peak gear goals?

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Man hideout spawn rate is some garbage. My boyfriend threw me all of his Primordial Blocks maps he had amassed in Standard (like 15 or so) and nothing from those. I've done maybe an equal amount of Summits with nothing so far and did a shitton of Icebergs a few leagues ago for nada.

Just give me something game. Making the spawn rate so low when you already have to luck into the correct maps and some of these rotate out of the general pool is some hot garbage.

Weird, I've seen like four hideouts spawn in maps this league for me so far and I was wondering if they bumped the rate. Guess we're just on the same ridiculous RNG-saw we always were.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
yeah, i've seen people claim they got glacial hideout in 10 icebergs, i'm up to a couple 100 and still nothing lmao

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I managed to do Uber Shaper twice but good loving lord the "Monsters take 70% less damage" mod is savage.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I play slow so I'm just about to hit red maps, and everything might be about to fall apart, but Whispering Ice Occultist may be the smoothest league start I've ever had. (which is not my usual experience with Whispering Ice builds!) I guess it's functionally a cold dot build even if it isn't technically that.

Probably helps that int-stacking isn't the current hotness so 4-stars-out-of-5 gear can be had for a reasonable price. And I'm nowhere near maxed out on gear though most of the obvious stuff (other than flasks, I really need to do something about my flasks) is already at the 'take out a second mortgage to afford this' stage.

It probably also helps that a lot of the worst Archnem bullshit seems to be mitigated by being CI, elemental ailment immune (running Purity of Elements), and being able to cyclone through ice prisons. I'm not amazingly tanky (6.5k energy shield and lots of ES leech, but the stuff I need on gear basically makes getting poo poo like spell suppression a 'just hit the lottery' prospect) but being mobile and freezing everything around me helps a lot. I'd like to get ignite/shock immunity from somewhere else eventually so I can swap from Purity of Elements to Determination or something, though.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im having a similar experience as pconc. i got two ex drops today which I transformed into a decent despair ring, a retch, and 3 flasks with BIS (or close enough) mods. i could probably swap to helix now, but I'm gonna wait until i have flasks to actually replace my HP flask with. the build I'm following basically just used wasp nest to do a billion damage on the cloud of poisoned enemies and unqil's to keep a high elusive effect up presumably for zoom and a little defence. but triple permanent elemental flasks makes you hilariously defensive as it is so I assume it's all for zoom.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006

Wilekat posted:

Really enjoying RF to just brainlessly farm 16s with as low an APM as humanly possible. Only issue is I'm a little fragile and my single target is a little questionable if something gets roided up by my sentinel and a fat stack of nemesis mods simultaneously.

I figure most of this is just solved by gear upgrades. The transition to Aegis Aurora block and Melding should do a lot for survivability, and a better weapon will work wonders for my damage. If I really want to lean in on damage I'm presuming Aegis to prop up survival and a big cluster setup is probably the correct approach looking towards peak gear goals?

Having the same experience, although I'm feeling pretty tanky by just going all in on shrines and using the gull, will almost always have some kind of defensive shrine buff active, and sometimes it snowballs ridiculously with acceleration shrines. It's also really good for delerium. Not really sure what to upgrade next, probably getting an actual horror craft helm, and maybe trying to fit in a doryani jewel for corrupted soul.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm off to sleep, but trip report

https://i.imgur.com/X5WIcMo.mp4

I did a shitload of uber shapers and nothing dropped

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

neurotech posted:

I don't mind minions - Skeleton Mages feels more like a totem build to me. Where is that carrion golem build? I can't find it :question:

Ethan's Zombie/Carrion Golems build. It's a youtube link earlier. It does have Vaal Skeletons in the PoB as well, but not sure on how required it is, since he was dual wielding clayshapers before switching to the convoking wands.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i was watching ethan absolutely stomp T16s as fast as he could run last night, and AFKing T13 blight maps so carrions are definitely legit. He AFKd a wave 30 simu last league as well. He also runs 9 zombies and didnt lose a single one doing juiced ritual and maps while i was watching so he has that figured out.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

queeb posted:

i was watching ethan absolutely stomp T16s as fast as he could run last night, and AFKing T13 blight maps so carrions are definitely legit. He AFKd a wave 30 simu last league as well. He also runs 9 zombies and didnt lose a single one doing juiced ritual and maps while i was watching so he has that figured out.

If its the same guide I saw, he's running mageblood and other crazy gear. I wonder how it would do on a budget; typically golem builds feel real bad until a threshold is crossed.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I've done a lot of hideout farming in previous leagues. 15 maps isn't near enough to be annoyed at not finding it yet. Like, you need to amass around 40-50, and get really fast at them. You might still not see it, but that's quite a bit by then for most hideouts. I saw the Blocks one twice in one league - I was farming for it, finally got it. Then found it again while just grinding maps.

However - you should also look into the TFT and the POE trade discords. They each have hideout channels and you can put yourself in roles for just the ones you want, and you'll get pinged when someone finds them. When a hideout is new it can be pretty expensive, but everything else will be free / donations / cheap (or they'll try to get like 30c for Divided or some poo poo, but end up just giving it away anyways because no one's paying that for it).

Elentor posted:

I did a shitload of uber shapers and nothing dropped

Yeah, the vibe I got is ubers are just for kicks, and should not be ran for loot.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I'm up to T5s so far just playing a few to no hours a night having a good time. Haven't even maxed out my fire resist yet or bought much better gear.

Is algor mortis seriously a 20-35% more modifier for lightning damage on dudes in chilling areas? That might be an easy first upgrade... with a cwdt cold snap or something

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Larry Parrish posted:

im having a similar experience as pconc. i got two ex drops today which I transformed into a decent despair ring, a retch, and 3 flasks with BIS (or close enough) mods. i could probably swap to helix now, but I'm gonna wait until i have flasks to actually replace my HP flask with. the build I'm following basically just used wasp nest to do a billion damage on the cloud of poisoned enemies and unqil's to keep a high elusive effect up presumably for zoom and a little defence. but triple permanent elemental flasks makes you hilariously defensive as it is so I assume it's all for zoom.

Are you following a guide?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Had some painful (as in, "aw well poo poo") bricks last night. Although, having not played melee in since Deli, once I got over a hump in white maps, it's gone pretty well until now. 89, in reds finally. I can do T14-T16s usually fine, but I've also only ran a few.

Kirac gave me the Rewritten synth map, and I bricked him around 40%. The degen would kill me in literally a second, so combine that with "it's loving hard to see it with everything flying around" + "I have to stand next to you" + "my dps is fine but not amazing", and yeah.

Then I also bricked the Vaal temple boss - only reason I was running it was for completion. It had rough mods, but nothing was a problem until the boss crew. They've given me issues on various builds before. I have my immune to bleed/corrupt flask, so that one guy was taken care of, but I'm not sure who the one boss left was that still kept killing me or what they were doing.

I have good defenses I think (82% evade, 87% phys red, max res (except chaos which is...uh...-60 that's not great...), 62/74 block). Ailments covered with flasks/pantheon mostly (missing poison I think) Spell supp is only 15, but I don't have a way to get more.

I think with an annoint and some slight tree rework, I can get about 28% more dps, 75/74 block. Only 4k hp, so not stellar, not a dumpster fire I don't think though. Few more levels and I can grab some more life nodes.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Is fireburst or selfcast dischage viable in current league?

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

xZAOx posted:

max res (except chaos which is...uh...-60 that's not great...)

You need to fix that ASAP. There's too much random degen and chaos damage in PoE these days to run around with negative chaos resist.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Plus one of the bosses drops Desecrated Ground and T16 Desecrated Ground with -60% chaos resist is...yeah...

Femur posted:

Is fireburst or selfcast dischage viable in current league?

Fire Burst got nerfed last league and there's exactly 2 people on the SC ladder using Discharge, so I'd say "no"

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Salvor_Hardin posted:

If its the same guide I saw, he's running mageblood and other crazy gear. I wonder how it would do on a budget; typically golem builds feel real bad until a threshold is crossed.

Last league, yeah, he found one like the first few days of the league. But he didn't this league, he made the currency to buy one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdgEtoZxGnc

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

xZAOx posted:

I've done a lot of hideout farming in previous leagues. 15 maps isn't near enough to be annoyed at not finding it yet. Like, you need to amass around 40-50, and get really fast at them. You might still not see it, but that's quite a bit by then for most hideouts. I saw the Blocks one twice in one league - I was farming for it, finally got it. Then found it again while just grinding maps.

However - you should also look into the TFT and the POE trade discords. They each have hideout channels and you can put yourself in roles for just the ones you want, and you'll get pinged when someone finds them. When a hideout is new it can be pretty expensive, but everything else will be free / donations / cheap (or they'll try to get like 30c for Divided or some poo poo, but end up just giving it away anyways because no one's paying that for it).

Yeah, the vibe I got is ubers are just for kicks, and should not be ran for loot.

Yeah I know the rate is rear end and you really need to farm a lot but it's annoying when I think of the combined amount of maps I've farmed on these three over the past few leagues I've played to no success.

It's a very particular bummer for Primordial Blocks and Iceberg since those are out of rotation making it an even more giant pain to try to get them.

So it goes I guess.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

xZAOx posted:

Then I also bricked the Vaal temple boss - only reason I was running it was for completion.

Pretty sure that Vaal Temple no longer counts for completion (at least it didn't last league, which I wish I'd known before dying like nine times across two separate maps trying to finish it).

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

quote:

Vaal Temple Map is not part of the Atlas of Worlds. It cannot be influenced by the Eldritch Horrors. There is no bonus objective for this map.

Yep, you played yorself.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Vaal Temple actually can be influenced by Exarch/Eater now. They changed it this league.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

whypick1 posted:

Yep, you played yorself.

Goddammit. Well, at least now I know to never bother again.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Salvor_Hardin posted:

It doesn't feel awful, but you definitely find yourself running in circles doing nothing while you wait for your golems to work.

The biggest problem with Ethan's builds, almost always, is that he's very much the type of player who considers Dying to be a viable form of tankiness. Any time a stray arrow makes it past the wall of minions, it's over.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Do not be me. Get curse resist on your gear. A great utility flask can give you 60%+ on its own.

Can't believe how much it improved my survivability.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

victrix posted:

Do not be me. Get curse resist on your gear. A great utility flask can give you 60%+ on its own.

Can't believe how much it improved my survivability.

Yeah, it's huge and cheap.
You can find jewels with anti-corruption + curse resist for under 10c

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Also to search for it on trade it's "increased effect of curses on me" :downs:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Game feels loving boring getting the same nemesis mods over and over and over. I know it’s just what is surviving and funneling into what I see but that doesn’t make it better.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Does any know of a guide on the best way to do a +1 +2 short bow for EA Ballista ?

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

euphronius posted:

Does any know of a guide on the best way to do a +1 +2 short bow for EA Ballista ?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XmkRdSanS9rs-y-HtgKQGIsOgfRQ7ePWOf6HK6gD9WA/edit

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thank you. That is perfect.

I will try this one

Method 5: Essence of Dread into Multimod - 6-7exalts, fairly consistent, 6L guaranteed from Porcupine Card, which makes this method good. Can get screwed if you can’t isolate the +2

Base: 6L Short Bow from The Porcupine

Spam Shrieking Essence of Dread until you have +2 and two open prefixes (or you can annul until you get 2 open prefixes while saving the +2)
Lock Prefixes (Prefixes Cannot be Changed) and Scour
Craft “Cannot Roll Attack Modifiers”
Leo Slam/Exalt (Bow should just have +3 now)
Craft Multimod + Attack Speed + Fire as Extra Chaos
Done

euphronius fucked around with this message at 20:51 on May 20, 2022

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

neurotech posted:

Are you following a guide?

more or less, yeah. i got it off the poebuilds reddit. although I've done pconc -> scourge arrow the last two leagues so it's not like I'm unfamiliar with the basic build

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I'm gonna try that Atlas passive where only Toxic Sewer can drop and the rest become currency.

Should I set one favorite slot as Basilica, would that allow Cortex to still drop? I got one Cortex already and don't want to miss out on that dosh.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Zero VGS posted:

I'm gonna try that Atlas passive where only Toxic Sewer can drop and the rest become currency.

Should I set one favorite slot as Basilica, would that allow Cortex to still drop? I got one Cortex already and don't want to miss out on that dosh.

Synth maps were changed to use a new "Synthesised Map" type. Setting that atlas passive would prevent any synth maps from dropping.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

DaveWoo posted:

Synth maps were changed to use a new "Synthesised Map" type. Setting that atlas passive would prevent any synth maps from dropping.

Ah, thanks. Well I'm just about averaging one T16 Toxic Sewer for every one of them that I run, and I'm getting a Delirium Mirror on like 75% of them, so I guess that's probably worth it. I didn't follow a guide or anything, just went with what made sense to me which was take those options and "small passives do nothing, notables give 1% pack size" to cram the most dense Sewer imaginable.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
PConc people, I have a devouring Diadem question.

Is the increased duration of ailments while focused really that much better than something like chaos resist?
Is the idea that you can poison a pack and just run past it knowing it will die eventually?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DangerDongs posted:

PConc people, I have a devouring Diadem question.

Is the increased duration of ailments while focused really that much better than something like chaos resist?
Is the idea that you can poison a pack and just run past it knowing it will die eventually?

inc duration for poison is effectively a more damage modifier. im not of the school that it's required necessarily but if you're not going to swap to a better skill then it probably is for single target. im in t9s and starting to wish i had crafted it already at this point instead of waiting for better gear to slap it on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Larry Parrish posted:

inc duration for poison is effectively a more damage modifier. im not of the school that it's required necessarily but if you're not going to swap to a better skill then it probably is for single target. im in t9s and starting to wish i had crafted it already at this point instead of waiting for better gear to slap it on.

Thanks, i've never played using Focus and it sounds like just one more button to have to manage. I guess I could just add it to my movement key.