Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

IAMKOREA posted:

Which country are you in? Bro you are suffering from depression. All the alcohol you're drinking has hosed your GABA receptors and they are making you feel like total poo poo because they are hyperactive when you aren't drinking alcohol and that causes feelings of doom, despair, anxiety, hopelessness, etc...You need to stop drinking now. Then you need to get the gently caress off the internet for a while. Stop reading this thread for the love of god lol. Maybe stop smoking weed too. Then you need to start exercising. Go hiking in the most natural place around you. It will help you get good brain and you will notice there are still insects around. They won't be around for much longer so it's you're duty as a conscious being to see them and appreciate them right loving now. Go take a nap in the grass and sun (check yourself for ticks after lol). Watch some bees getting nectar from some flowers, they still exist. Also don't litter dude wtf lol.
                                                                                  /

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.
Sure are a LOT of first-day posters making GBS threads up the thread today....

whats up guys? whats wrong?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Eraflure posted:

Checking out the questions in my 12yo students' annual examination.

"Where do you see yourself in 30 years?"

:lmao:

My retirement plan is dying of dysentery in a climate refugee camp and being tossed in a mass grave.

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

tiberion02 posted:

They're like antimaskers who see people still wearing masks as being scolds

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the feedback loops, which kept the same posters safely circulating in this thread, have destabilized. leading to record breaking posting waves

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Trabisnikof posted:

Please explain how we can live outside of the ecosystem. let me guess your hero is musk?

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Eraflure posted:

Checking out the questions in my 12yo students' annual examination.

"Where do you see yourself in 30 years?"

:lmao:

Post them. Idk what kind of ethical poo poo there is to think about but figure it out and sanitize and post 'em

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Holy gently caress i just realized that this and the Steve Bannon biosphere 2 thing were in my brain together and whenever i saw those Steve Bannon interviews i was always like "wasn't Pauly shore in that experiment"?

two-time fee
Jan 13, 2022

Azathoth, why is this piece of poo poo suicide advocate still here ?

pnac attack posted:

remove yourself from the equation (which would make things better)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

IAMKOREA posted:

Holy gently caress i just realized that this and the Steve Bannon biosphere 2 thing were in my brain together and whenever i saw those Steve Bannon interviews i was always like "wasn't Pauly shore in that experiment"?

same, I assumed maybe he was connected to the Mnuchin cinematic universe.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

add this to the loving op, rime.... oh :(

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I'd vote for him

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

i made this :shobon:

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tiberion02 posted:

skooma512 posted:

I love how people kramer into doomer threads demanding positivity and receipts of our action, and after a couple pages it usually ends up with a suggestion we commit suicide.

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007
We're into the eco Khmer rouge now. Eat poo poo four eyes.

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

It does have a nice meter :shobon:

two-time fee
Jan 13, 2022

Tremendous content.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Re: cooking tofu to make it really good.

I've been focusing on this a lot lately - lotta stir fries and tofu fried rice and such.

I make a dual purpose marinade and sauce

1/4th cup soy sauce
1/4th rice vinegar
some drops of sesame oil
a little sugar of some type, I usually use brown sugar
some kind of spice to taste - I use gochugang past and just use like idk probably about a tsp?
mix that poo poo up with a fork or something

dry your tofu. cut it into about .5in blocks ish. Doesnt have to be perfect. - drop tofu into marinade
Start heating your pan. I usually put mine on kind of medium highish - like 6-7 - put some vegetable oil in there. something with a high smoke point.
Start cutting your veggies - i use a lot of bell pepper, snap pea, zucchini, mushrooms - just make sure everything is somewhat uniform. honestly I just use what ever is in the fridge and aim for things that are on their way out anyway
Get tofu in pan - this will pop ALOT so wear long sleeves - dont pour the liquid in. Just use tongs to grab it out of the marinade bowl. - leave the tofu alone for 3-4 minutes - use this time to do more chopping and maybe put a little corn starch in the left over marinade if you want it a little thicker
Shuffle pan a little and get the tofu turned. Once its been on for a total of about 8 minutes its probably ready - remove from pan and put aside.

Turn the heat up a little more on the pan - like an 8 - high medium - add a little more oil if it doesnt seem like theres much left. you want like 2 tablespoons ish. - get your veggies in the pan, add some sesame seeds if you got em, shake that poo poo up, get the veggies all covered and nice, dont let it sit for too long. - cook until your veggies are browning a little on the edges. - at this point you want to add rice if you are adding rice, incorporate that - then you add the left over marinade. i usually clear a little spot in the center and drop it in then stir it around, do some more shaking and tossing to get everything coated - drop your tofu back in to incorporate it.

Anyway. I've really started liking tofu a lot more now that i've kinda figured out that I HATE the big chunky block style cooking and making them into nice little cubes works for me. I also really like being able to get the whole process down to 1 pan and 1 bowl getting dirty. The leftovers are great.

You can really play with your sauce too. I used to get super caught up in following exact recipes but play with flavors you like. Theres no loving rules.

Live a good life folks. We can't stop climate change but we can eat some tasty food.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

IAMKOREA posted:

Post them. Idk what kind of ethical poo poo there is to think about but figure it out and sanitize and post 'em

They're written in French and most questions are regular reading and listening comprehension stuff. Nothing that should be posted ITT.
If you want to see something much worse, here is the 2022 French Baccalaureat (the exam students have to pass when they finish high school, usually required for uni/college etc.).

1) Using two arguments, prove that work is a source of social integration.
2) Using an example, prove that innovation can help push past the ecological limits of growth.
3) Using an example, demonstrate how the State acting in favor of social justice could have perverse effects.

Not screened : another question worth 10 points where you have to prove that actually, social classes don't really exist / are an outdated concept.

It goes without saying that modifying any of those questions would automatically fail the entire class.

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hahaha *a halo forms around your head as you prove the core theses of liberalism once and for all*

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Eraflure posted:

They're written in French and most questions are regular reading and listening comprehension stuff. Nothing that should be posted ITT.
If you want to see something much worse, here is the 2022 French Baccalaureat (the exam students have to pass when they finish high school, usually required for uni/college etc.).

1) Using two arguments, prove that work is a source of social integration.
2) Using an example, prove that innovation can help push past the ecological limits of growth.
3) Using an example, demonstrate how the State acting in favor of social justice could have perverse effects.

Not screened : another question worth 10 points where you have to prove that actually, social classes don't really exist / are an outdated concept.

It goes without saying that modifying any of those questions would automatically fail the entire class.

Haha holy gently caress that's the worst thing I've ever seen, Christ if i was one of those kids i would light up a gallouise right there at my desk and stub it out on the exam

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

le travail vous rendra libre

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
arbeit macht fffffffsocially integrated

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the french huh. they go oui oui in their pants

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

So global warming bad yadda yadda yadda, I for one am looking forward to the glaciers on Mount Ararat melting so that we can see Noah's Ark. Gotta think of the bright sides to things

e: I know that the answer is "they're ultraconservative religious people, they aren't interested in understanding the world, they're interested in reinforcing what they already believe," but it does own that all of the people who go to Turkey in order to find a 5000 year old boat forget that glaciers flow like a really slow liquid. Glaciers will carve giant gouges in the bedrock underneath them. Even if there was a boat on top of that mountain, which there wasn't, a wooden boat would never hold up to the forces of a glacier. But in the end the people "looking" for Noah's Ark are just a bunch of grifters stealing dumb 98 year old's retirement money so that they can go on a vacation in Turkey, so lol, lmao

TeenageArchipelago has issued a correction as of 21:19 on May 20, 2022

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Remembered my city is being reclaimed by the ocean so I decided to check this thread again. Nice to see this thread is staying consistent.

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

net work error posted:

Remembered my city is being reclaimed by the ocean so I decided to check this thread again. Nice to see this thread is staying consistent.

The ocean will have us all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-eRY5QG3yo

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

TeenageArchipelago posted:

So global warming bad yadda yadda yadda, I for one am looking forward to the glaciers on Mount Ararat melting so that we can see Noah's Ark. Gotta think of the bright sides to things

e: I know that the answer is "they're ultraconservative religious people, they aren't interested in understanding the world, they're interested in reinforcing what they already believe," but it does own that all of the people who go to Turkey in order to find a 5000 year old boat forget that glaciers flow like a really slow liquid. Glaciers will carve giant gouges in the bedrock underneath them. Even if there was a boat on top of that mountain, which there wasn't, a wooden boat would never hold up to the forces of a glacier. But in the end the people "looking" for Noah's Ark are just a bunch of grifters stealing dumb 98 year old's retirement money so that they can go on a vacation in Turkey, so lol, lmao

I mean they got great food and hot babes so

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

pnac attack posted:

imo at least *try* to make things better, or remove yourself from the equation (which would make things better)

could also bitch about how unsatisfying computer touching is, huck your starbucks cup out the window, and post about it i guess

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I missed this earlier, and it sucks! That's why instead of a long probe or ban, pnac should be forced to post in the Glenn thread for two weeks.

IAMKOREA posted:

just let the kids say they want to be a firefighter or police man! one of my colleagues did something like this at the beginning of the year where the kids put together a couple of sentences about who they were, their favorite food, and what job they wanted to do when they grew up. The number of "professional YouTubers" has increased by 100% (1-2) over the last year, but "army man" still dominates with a total of 25% of all kids wanting to be one.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

net work error posted:

Enjoying some "sunny day flooding" ?

Gotta give the recommendation for Disposable City again - specifically talks about Miami and all the stupid loving decisions being made

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

pnac attack posted:

be the change dude. life still exists outside those systems, i've seen your site and it'd be a lot more useful if you quit having lil tantrums and taking it down. "purge yourself of ignorance" is an insanely arrogant line, not exactly on track to build an army or even a goddamn squat with that poo poo

how bout you be the change you wanna see and 'remove yourself from the equation'.

and you've got a lot of ignorance left to purge if you're coming at me with ghandi quotes, liberal nonsense, and emotional fetishizing of a situation you know nothing about. i had to take the site down and move it because it has had serious consequences in my actual life, not because of 'lil tantrums'.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

emTme3 has issued a correction as of 21:24 on May 20, 2022

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

by all means, if someone can post a timeline to how our legal individual actions could lead towards avoiding +4C (on any baseline) id love to see it.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Trabisnikof posted:

by all means, if someone can post a timeline to how our legal individual actions could lead towards avoiding +4C (on any baseline) id love to see it.

1: Buy a chest freezer
2: Plug it in outside
3: Open it

don't know what you're supposed to do if you live in a city though lmao, but that's just proof that city living is unsustainable

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Trabisnikof posted:

sign up for this search engine that donates 2% profits to direct-air-capture every time you search

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

emTme3 posted:

how bout you be the change you wanna see and 'remove yourself from the equation'.

and you've got a lot of ignorance left to purge if you're coming at me with ghandi quotes, liberal nonsense, and emotional fetishizing of a situation you know nothing about. i had to take the site down and move it because it has had serious consequences in my actual life, not because of 'lil tantrums'.

he’s anarcho-primitivist

seems to actually live the lifestyle but it makes for a brief conversation

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Look if you just protest outside of goldman sachs in the special free speech box, you could definitely never convince them to divest from carbon investments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Trabisnikof posted:

Hold On I'm typing it