Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Hillary or Leslie were my guesses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

haveblue posted:

At least he didn't name the boy Sue

my name is Sabrina
so nice to meet ya
now you gonna die!

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I knew a dude named Kelly but he went by his middle name, Duane. actually he preferred to be called 'Gator' yes this was in Florida why do you ask

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
If that dude rolled Sabrina for 21 years, he is either possessing godlike patience or someone gonna die.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Had a guy that was in my unit whose name whos first and middle names were Alma Levi. He usually went by Levi or his last name.

I thought that was a unique name until I met someone just recently that also served with a different Alma Levi.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

limp_cheese posted:

Had a guy that was in my unit whose name whos first and middle names were Alma Levi. He usually went by Levi or his last name.

I thought that was a unique name until I met someone just recently that also served with a different Alma Levi.

Alma's a feminine name in at least two languages, and with "Levi" I'd assume that came from one of them. :raise:

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

My money was on 'Elizabeth', but Sabrina's good too.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

limp_cheese posted:

I was guessing the name was Courtney or maybe Jordan. Possibly an Alex but I think that's become more male over the years.

Lol at the actual answer.

Alex has always been a more male than female name to me.

Of course I'm biased because that's my son's name (well, Alexander).

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Hellblazer187 posted:

I knew a dude named Kelly but he went by his middle name, Duane. actually he preferred to be called 'Gator' yes this was in Florida why do you ask

This him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI-aDjb2sAA

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Couldn't they have just called him Severn?

Oh, our minds think alike, because that's exactly where I went with that too.

Also, I know a bloke called Meredith, he goes by "Beddoe", which is a Welsh derivative/nickname for Meredith. (I am unclear how you get from Meredith to Beddoe, but Welsh is a law unto itself when it comes to pronunciation, so whatever)

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Poor kid grew up wishing his parents were weird enough to name him something like Sabrandon instead

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Sabrino, while not a common name, could have also worked, maybe?

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for asking my wife 'what the gently caress do you want me to do?' after she asked me to feed our son and 'shaming' her for breastfeeding?

quote:

My wife and I (both 30f) have a 4-month-old son. He's the light of our lives. My wife carried him and is the one who feeds him. He is exclusively breastfed. Fine, it's my wife's choice. I suggested pumping so I could also feed him but she says it's uncomfortable and time-consuming so that's not an option. She also doesn't want to use formulas.

Last night our boy woke up and was crying. I got up and it was clear he was hungry so I woke my wife up. She was very annoyed and groggy and told me to feed him. I told her I can't and that she needs to get up to feed him. It turned into a small argument and I ended up saying 'what the gently caress do you want me to do?'. It wasn't a yell or anything, but my tone was definitely annoyed.

After a minute or so, she got up and fed our son but she didn't get back into bed. I tried to get her to come back to bed, but she wouldn't. I woke up the next day and found she'd cooked a whole breakfast but was being super cold to me. I asked if she was ok and she said she was mad at me for waking her up. I asked her what she wanted me to do- our son is only breastfed and she won't pump or use formula. That was the wrong thing to say as she got super mad at me and yelled about how I'm 'shaming' her for her choices. I said I'm not, but she's not making it any easier on either of us.

I asked my friend who has a 2-year-old and she sided with my wife and said breastfeeding isn't a walk in the park and I was wrong.

So, AITA?

EDIT: I am a very involved parent. I take care of our son during the day (wife still feeds him but that's all she does during the day). She doesn't change nappies, bathe him or do any household chores. Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting her to be busting her rear end deep-cleaning the house but I do everything during the day (apart from feeding_. She's in therapy (not diagnosed with anything), too. I'm the one who gets up at night first every time.

ALSO I'M A WOMAN. NOT A MAN.

EDIT 2: To all the people telling me simply just start lactating, please do a google search. Breasts do not work that way.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Bargearse posted:

Number Six

now i'm imagining a The Prisoner themed wedding

aw damnit, now i'm wanting a The Prisoner themed wedding

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Doc Hawkins posted:

now i'm imagining a The Prisoner themed wedding

aw damnit, now i'm wanting a The Prisoner themed wedding

I had no idea I wanted this

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for asking my wife 'what the gently caress do you want me to do?' after she asked me to feed our son and 'shaming' her for breastfeeding?

wondering what the gently caress she wanted her to do

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

hawowanlawow posted:

wondering what the gently caress she wanted her to do

Feed the drat baby some formula and keep it hidden/not tell her about it.

Christ are all dudes this clueless?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Bargearse posted:

I had no idea I wanted this

We want consummation... consummation... consummation...

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Alma's a feminine name in at least two languages, and with "Levi" I'd assume that came from one of them. :raise:

The guy that was in my unit joined the Army because his family were all hardcore Mormons and it was either the military or a missionary trip. He wanted out of Mormonism so he made his choice.

Considering he had a shitload of tatoos, had at least 1 kid out of wedlock, and was an alcoholic like the rest of us I can understand why he wanted out.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

DandyLion posted:

The OP is female.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Arsenic Lupin posted:

There used to be a lot of LOTR weddings, but either they've died out or Tolkien fans are less crazy than Rowlings fans? I can't vouch for the latter.

On the bright side, LOTR weddings are sure as hell prettier. I'd wear some elfy poo poo for a day, just make it costuming from the movies and not the cheap-looking series they're doing.

DandyLion posted:

Soylent Pudding posted:

ALSO I'M A WOMAN. NOT A MAN.

In comments, she adds that she does not have functional nipples, so while she's generally wrong about how tits can work, it is actually true in her case that she can't get things going. She had some damage to her chest.

MK-Ultramarathon
Aug 12, 2009

Been reading the previous thread off and on so here's a repost from one I just read; figured everybody likes a good no-stakes weird one:

quote:

every time by boyfriend (M23) and I are cuddling after sex he pushes me (F23) off the bed and yells "CLOTHES TIME!!!"

so my boyfriend and I have been together for almost a year. its great- he's super sweet and we get along really well. I haven't really told anybody about this because I didn't think it was a big deal but the other night it escalated. we were lying together after sex and we were cuddling and everything was great. I reached down to caress him, and suddenly he pushed me off of the bed and onto the floor, where I lay, naked, feeling very surprised. he yells "CLOTHES TIME" and scampers off into the bathroom and hurriedly put on clothes. I was very confused at this point, and wondering what was going on. I put on clothes and then he left like everything was totally normal. Like I think it’s kinda funny but idk

I'm just feeling confused, is this normal?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

DandyLion posted:

It's two women.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Batterypowered7 posted:

It's two women.

Also she specifically was told not to use formula

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

whole lotta you need to watch the documentary Goodburger (1997), just smdh here

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Defiance Industries posted:

Also she specifically was told not to use formula

Look sometimes women's feeble little brains just can't handle the truth, and in those times it's important to lie to your partner about what you are feeding your infant.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

DandyLion posted:

Lying to your partner is extremely cool and good.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Soylent Pudding posted:

OP has a point, her wife:

1. Doesn't want to use formula. (Good luck finding that poo poo right now anyway)
2. Doesn't want to pump, so we can safely assume there's no milk saved in the fridge.
3. Doesn't want to get up and feed the baby.

Her frustration makes sense and I'd also be saying, "What the gently caress do you want me to do?" It's super early morning and everyone is tired and there's a crying baby, brains aren't working correctly here.

Can't exactly feed the baby a hot dog can we?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Bargearse posted:

Lying to your partner is extremely cool and good.

Lying to your partner about the care and feeding of your child. Secretly feeding a baby, whether with formula or donated milk or whatever, is a terrible idea because it will give the other parent incorrect information about how much the child is eating, which is very important info. It can also easily lead to a drop in milk production, so coming back from doing it a little can be difficult and demoralizing to the other mother.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Sabrino, while not a common name, could have also worked, maybe?

That sounds like a soft drink brand you can only find in one corner store near you, and while it's not like mind blowingly good it comes in a bunch of weird cool flavours so you go out of your way to get it.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

MK-Ultramarathon posted:

Been reading the previous thread off and on so here's a repost from one I just read; figured everybody likes a good no-stakes weird one:

This is in fact "One Time" and not "Every Time". Sorry.

Re. the boy named Sue: My grandad was Lesley which is a fairly feminine name these days so he just called himself Les for seventy years instead. When he died they happily put "Les" on the death certificate because to the world that's what he was called and who really cares?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Kuros posted:

10 Simple Tricks Pediatric Physicians Don't Want You To Know

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
AITA for not getting my son (16M) out of a repulsive punishment?

quote:

Recently I got the news that my son (16M) and a couple friends thought it would be a funny prank to take a few gallons of pig manure (courtesy of a friend who works on a farm) and pour it into a trashcan in one of their school classrooms.

He snuck in and did it before class, ran away, and apparently the stench was so bad that it cleared out the classroom.

Thankfully a camera caught him, and instead of suspending him, they offered a punishment of 1-day ISS (in-school suspension) doing schoolwork - on the condition that he serves the ISS in the same room as the trash can he befouled (in a warehouse sort of building adjacent to the disconnected gymnasium - it's certainly not still sitting in the school).

He begged me to say no and to take a suspension instead, but I said absolutely not. I think that's a fair punishment. He said his friend was the one who gave him the jug and he had no idea it would smell that bad and couldn't stand being around it for a day, but I think he should have thought of that before pouring it out in the school.

Then he started saying he's worried it's unsafe, but I think that's completely nonsense. It's ventilated, it's 1 gallon, and it's not like he'll have to touch it - pig farmers are around much worse every day, I'm sure. Not that I've ever been to one, but I feel like he's getting off very easy.

AITA?

I'm curious about how bad pig poo poo actually smells. I work in wastewater and a lot of stenches don't really register any more (although a dumpster sitting in the summer Texas sun full of rotting meat and maggots still got me pretty bad).

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

artsy fartsy posted:

I'm curious about how bad pig poo poo actually smells. I work in wastewater and a lot of stenches don't really register any more (although a dumpster sitting in the summer Texas sun full of rotting meat and maggots still got me pretty bad).

Pretty awful, but also your nose stuns pretty quick and it is just occasionally awful. Especially in one-gallon rather than million gallons circulating quantities.

This is still a bullshit(heh!) punishment, and any non-Texas school system should be very unsurprised if they have to settle a case over it.

Obvious course of action is "take the usual idiot-white-child punishment of in-school suspension with no pigshit" but the temptation would be to let them do it, then get college and a little something for the future paid for once a lawyer calls.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

artsy fartsy posted:

Staggeringly bad. Like, incomprehensibly awful, it shouldn't be ranked alongside waste products from any other livestock/mammal. If it is present in any significant volume there is a penetratingly *chemical* odour to it that sets instinctive alarm bells ringing in your hind brain to "get away, get away!".

tired gay and dead
Apr 4, 2022

by Hand Knit
The pig poo poo punishment seems pretty funny to me tbh

DandyLion posted:

Why is there always someone who thinks that gay people don't exist every single time a quote has two women or men in a relationship lol

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Kuros posted:

OP has a point, her wife:

1. Doesn't want to use formula. (Good luck finding that poo poo right now anyway)
2. Doesn't want to pump, so we can safely assume there's no milk saved in the fridge.
3. Doesn't want to get up and feed the baby.

Her frustration makes sense and I'd also be saying, "What the gently caress do you want me to do?" It's super early morning and everyone is tired and there's a crying baby, brains aren't working correctly here.

Well, not more than once, anyway.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA for pointing out that my son is smarter than his sister?

quote:

This is for a while ago but my daughter is still mad at me so i needed to know if i did something wrong.

English isnt my first language.

i have 2 kids Daisy(F18) and Luke(M20). Both my kids are very smart and growing up it was like a competition for them. Each one of them would try to show that they are smarter and they would compete in everything. when luke graduated highschool he got accepted in a very good college. 2 Years later daisy applied to colleges and she got accepted into a very good college but her college wasnt as good as lukes so i jokingly said:" see. Now we know for a fact that luke is smarter" she suddenly got very angry and started yelling at me and even blamed me for not getting accepted in a better college!

It was just a joke. I didnt think she would get so angry. Both colleges are very good and we are so proud of them but she is barely talking to me now.

Edit: OK OK IM THE AH I SEE IT NOW YOU CAN ALL STOP INSULTING ME.

I texted my daughter to apologize and asked her when she is coming back so we can talk about it she said:' i chose a college far away from home to get away from you and you think im coming back?' I tried calling her but she is not answering so i guess yall got what you wanted

From the edit I get the feeling this wasn't the first time OP made such a joke.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

artsy fartsy posted:

Grew up and live in the midwest and used to pass a pig farm on the bus to school in the morning.

It smells horrendous. I'd rather smell human poo poo 100 times out of 100.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Pig poo poo is hazardous, especially in a closed space. It makes some people faint or vomit very quickly. The stuff causes 11% of all MRSA infections, especially antibiotic-resistant ones. People even living near pig farms are at risk, and more than half of pig farmers develop health problems. Gas from the poop can impair neurological functions and breathing. It can contain ammonia, hydrogen sulfide, carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, and methane. It can eat through metal.

Seriously, "creative" punishments are universally stupid things that adults do so they can talk to other adults about how clever they are with punishing their children.