Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I mean a targeted tax on the wealthy fucks who've been profiting off the inflation would stop it but lol at the Dems being able to pass anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

Kreeblah posted:

:shittypop:

Biden knows what the DPA is?

biden knows all about diaper poopoo accidents

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

vyelkin posted:

they ruled that an agency enforcing regulations deprives the regulated of their right to a jury trial, which if applied more broadly would mean that the government is pretty much literally forbidden from doing anything ever

*The right to a jury trial may not apply if you are a black teenager in New York

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Agean90 posted:

I mean a targeted tax on the wealthy fucks who've been profiting off the inflation would stop it but lol at the Dems being able to pass anything

While we're wishcasting they should make all regulations be criminal offenses instead since they have to go to court to enforce them now they might as well make it interesting

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ok

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/pareene/status/1527060696122408960

DoubleDonut posted:

have any democrats proposed any kind of action or legislation that might prevent things like, I don't know, amazon warehouses collapsing and killing dozens of people being forced to work during a loving SimCity disaster

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Nothus posted:

lol @ mayo pete bravely eating poo poo on the news for nothing

:hai:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
They're wrong about the process, but I'm pretty sure they're right about the end result. If you take money out of the pockets of people who spend it, inflation will go down. Of course this doesn't actually help people afford stuff, but bad number will go down. (Other bad numbers will go up)

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Agean90 posted:

here's the thing about capitalism none of them are going to admit

that inflation isn't ever going to be stopped. it can only be delayed and delayed and delayed until it inevitably explodes. no economic genius(lol) can ever tame it, its simply an inevitable feature baked in that blows the system up eventually

the fed can inject all it wants, they know its like pissing on an inferno

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Lastgirl posted:

here's the thing about capitalism none of them are going to admit

that inflation isn't ever going to be stopped. it can only be delayed and delayed and delayed until it inevitably explodes. no economic genius(lol) can ever tame it, its simply an inevitable feature baked in that blows the system up eventually

the fed can inject all it wants, they know its like pissing on an inferno

The thing about inflation is that you don't ever want it to stop. Deflation is much, much, much worse than inflation. You want inflation around 2%/year.

The problem is there are a lot of other things you also want, depending on your class. Things that we'd want like rising wages, worker's rights, or a tight labor market all contribute to inflation simply because the betterment of material conditions for the proletariat will result in more money circulating.

To focus on one aspect of the economy and say well THIS NUMBER HERE needs to move in this direction is a distraction from the fact that the entire system is one of exploitation to move money upward. Whether the mechanism is inflation or low wages, the result is the same. The problem isn't inflation, it's capitalism.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

LastInLine posted:

The thing about inflation is that you don't ever want it to stop. Deflation is much, much, much worse than inflation. You want inflation around 2%/year.

The problem is there are a lot of other things you also want, depending on your class. Things that we'd want like rising wages, worker's rights, or a tight labor market all contribute to inflation simply because the betterment of material conditions for the proletariat will result in more money circulating.

To focus on one aspect of the economy and say well THIS NUMBER HERE needs to move in this direction is a distraction from the fact that the entire system is one of exploitation to move money upward. Whether the mechanism is inflation or low wages, the result is the same. The problem isn't inflation, it's capitalism.

the thing about capitalism is that its capitalism :capitalism:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Lastgirl posted:

hmm. source?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Lastgirl posted:

Once you allow for personal property of a value exceeding small amounts, credit becomes necessary and inflation is necessary for credit to function. While you wouldn't get an argument from me that perhaps we should abandon the concept of personal property, I would imagine that I would be in the minority on that one.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

didn't apple try to patent right clicking

i thought they tried to patent rectangles

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

joepinetree posted:

Lowell, MA is named after a guy who became rich by memorizing the design of English machinery and recreating it in the US.

Of course, after stealing most technology that allowed it to surpass Europe, the US then created the most IP system in the world. There are (or were) patents for 1-click buying, "buy it now," receiving online donations through a website... Note that we are not talking about the code or some software language or any of that. The concept of requesting donations through a website was patented. So of course now every other country infringes on American IP.

i stabbed you in the back and you should thank me because some other dirty commie would have stabbed you harder

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

mawarannahr posted:

hmm. source?

lol

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

LastInLine posted:

Once you allow for personal property of a value exceeding small amounts, credit becomes necessary and inflation is necessary for credit to function. While you wouldn't get an argument from me that perhaps we should abandon the concept of personal property, I would imagine that I would be in the minority on that one.

Do you mean personal property or private property?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/sarahnferris/st...ingawful.com%2F

👍

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Klob's plan is to construct the world's largest comb and throw it at the supreme court for displeasing her.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

problems are meant to be promised to be fixed

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

who is CCM

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

platzapS posted:

who is CCM

masto from nevada probably

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
why do they have a drop date for the decision, did the other justices just not finish their opinions yet

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
how will you know if they deserve a good grade if you don’t see their essay

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

projecthalaxy posted:

Klob's plan is to construct the world's largest comb and throw it at the supreme court for displeasing her.
she could absolutely literally kill Clarence Thomas with a stapler to the head given what we know about her aim and velocity

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

i can’t wait to see what pandering, useless poo poo they write to fundraise on

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

DACK FAYDEN posted:

she could absolutely literally kill Clarence Thomas with a stapler to the head given what we know about her aim and velocity

she could easily do it without even needing hairspray to spot fix her 'do

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I'd like to see how your hair would fare when I'm pelting you with various objects!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Cpt_Obvious posted:

nope we all have to share a toothbrush now

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

I thought it was a stapler

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

right! she used the comb to eat her salad

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

my mistake lol

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Private property being the greater set is also of consideration but my point is that at the most micro of levels, personal property like houses or cars require loans. Anything one couldn't afford all at once, like even phones, computers, or appliances, either require credit to buy or would need some other system to acquire. Inflation is fundamental to allowing for credit which leads to the movement of currency. We'd either need to account for personal property of this value to be subsidized or accept market precepts to allow for it under a non-market currency, you can't get around it.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Biden did everything Republicans wanted on covid and they're still whining. Meanwhile he broke his campaign promise to get the virus under control, and Dems lap it up. Corporate media is a powerful force for evil.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/politics_polls/status/1527789945410269185?s=21&t=_mQqc0iBBgzQ5aTxmDS2pg

was trump ever this low lmao

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

trump was pretty consistently that low

it's still "historically unpopular" though

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

LastInLine posted:

We'd either need to account for personal property of this value to be subsidized

:c00l:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Stereotype posted:

trump was pretty consistently that low

it's still "historically unpopular" though

stable, healthy states always have constant processions of unpopular leaders, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
:shuckyes:

https://twitter.com/SallyGold/statu...ingawful.com%2F