Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

Raine posted:

my favorite recent individual action has been daydreaming/thinking about what a Guilty charge in a theoretical People's Court for Crimes Against Humanity would entail and the ethical/functional nature of each potential punishment

guillotine, the meme option, seems unsatisfying and a poor punishment for aggregious offenders given how quickly it ends

other historical punishments are more fun to think about, for example: simple fire, dawing and quartering, flaying etc

my two favorites are currently Scaphism and the Brazen Bull. both are creative and simply incredible ideas

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

your posts really do match your av, i'll give you that.

we have to use the guillotine or we're no better than they are. it's merciful, it is swift, and it is just. anything else leads to some truly sadean enjoyment habits. don't do it to yourself man!

of course, making the trials a reality tv show where the votes of the masses directly determine the decision of the blade would be the democratic way to do things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Stereotype posted:

talking about killing one rich person is illegal and will get you banned from the forums. talking about killing all life on earth is the policy position of every government on earth

hardt and negri talked about this eventuality although they did not foresee this kind of accelerating factor.

this is the inversion point, if there is to be one.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AceClown posted:

you guys do know that eating right and exercising makes you live longer right? lol why tf would I want that

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

emTme3 posted:

ah! you're an anarcho-primivist. an anti-humanist, actively rooting for historical obliteration. i'm a communist - i couldn't give a rats rear end about your silly hippie bullshit. the change i wish to see is again - unpostable.

you're not outside of the capitalist system, no matter how back to nature your tribe gets. there is no outside, and pretending otherwise is just lying to yourself.

but your smug bullshit makes more sense now. you're operating off of unquestioned liberal moralisms and you don't have a sufficiently materialist understanding of the world you live in. again, i'll redirect you to my site. it'll help!

i do wish that there was a way for me to be around for that post-cliff moment you anprims realize there ain't gonna be much of anything to hunt or gather.

*Breathes Taoishly*

Chill man, chill, you gotta come to see the dualism here. If you know you are trying to post the unpostable, and so is he, you can come to see two ways out of the trap, and silly hippie bullshit as a yin to your yangish identification with ludicrous commie nonsense. You know you're not outside either, but your essence rebels that it cannot escape the vessel, and resents those who slip through the fine cracks because they find it easier to let go and become formless than to consider shattering the vase once and for all. Both options are the limit of our choices.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

maybe we should just post links about bad things going on and bdell pictures and your natural hobbies

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The tao sounds tight maybe I'll check it out I will not be doing any learning of any kind

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net work error posted:

The tao sounds tight maybe I'll check it out I will not be doing any learning of any kind

there’s a book about it called wheel of time that also has climate change

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
is the wheel of time really about climate change?

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

FUCK COREY PERRY has issued a correction as of 02:27 on May 21, 2022

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Eraflure posted:

They're written in French and most questions are regular reading and listening comprehension stuff. Nothing that should be posted ITT.
If you want to see something much worse, here is the 2022 French Baccalaureat (the exam students have to pass when they finish high school, usually required for uni/college etc.).

1) Using two arguments, prove that work is a source of social integration.
2) Using an example, prove that innovation can help push past the ecological limits of growth.
3) Using an example, demonstrate how the State acting in favor of social justice could have perverse effects.

Not screened : another question worth 10 points where you have to prove that actually, social classes don't really exist / are an outdated concept.

It goes without saying that modifying any of those questions would automatically fail the entire class.

:psyduck:

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Karach posted:

Yeah the climate changes from normal to a year of summer followed by a year of winter

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
As I try to practice gratitude every day, I'm glad to be here with my fellow posting pals. :shobon:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Hubbert posted:

As I try to practice gratitude every day, I'm glad to be here with my fellow posting pals. :shobon:

:shobon: :hf: :unsmith:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1527744291619033088

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the real move is to buy those dishwasher tabs but off of ebay. since they 'fell off the back of the truck' you can get em really cheap. im still going through the 400 of those quantum tabs i got ages ago lol. i think the 800 dollar limit is loving with it tho.... thanks a lot brandon.

also theyre the ones with the plastic that melts right off, sometimes i throw in two why the hell not

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Karach posted:

Mayor Dave posted:

Yeah the climate changes from normal to a year of summer followed by a year of winter

yeah it’s a fantasy series where climate change happens, and it sucks and kills a bunch of people, but it has one cause (space satan) so they find him beat the poo poo out of him

it’s v. cathartic

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

lmao all the replys telling latimes to get hosed lmao

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

the real trick is to run your dishwasher so much all the bottling companies run out of water and leave the state

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fly Molo posted:

there’s a book about it called wheel of time that also has climate change

*folds arms under man-boobs, tugs ponytail*

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
your dishwasher repair person will tell you to keep rinsing

i switched back to just buying boxes of powder. it’s cheap everywhere and nearly as easy to use as the tabs of poo poo that have a squirt of dawn added

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

empty whippet box posted:

:redass:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

mediaphage posted:

your dishwasher repair person will tell you to keep rinsing

i switched back to just buying boxes of powder. it’s cheap everywhere and nearly as easy to use as the tabs of poo poo that have a squirt of dawn added

really i feel like heating the water up beforehand does like 90% of it. i just got it so drat cheap idgaf. i got other tabs too they just came in a box all loose lol. :rip: michael jackson or w/e that ebay account was called

hobbez
Mar 1, 2012

Don't care. Just do not care. We win, you lose. You do though, you seem to care very much

I'm going to go ride my mountain bike, later nerds.

Wait wait wait hold the gently caress UP

will raw dogging my dishes thru the washer really get em clean I always feel like there’ll be scraps n stuff left over? Would be nice to not pre rinse tbh

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

hobbez posted:

will raw dogging my dishes thru the washer really get em clean I always feel like there’ll be scraps n stuff left over? Would be nice to not pre rinse tbh

i just heat up the water beforehand, have detergent for the prewash (directly into the chamber idgaf) + regular and never do poo poo.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
if you've got a pretty modern dishwasher then pre-rinsing is worthless at best and possibly actively harmful at worst

either way it's a pretty big waste of water

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE
My dishwasher is at least a decade old (I've had it eight years, I got it second hand) and I've never pre rinsed a single loving thing that's gone in there, not once ever. It's got a little crud catcher thing at the bottom that I empty out every few months I guess, I fill the salt up at the same time. About once every two years I remember to use one of those dishwasher washer packet things. I also leave stuff in there for a week sometimes before washing it because I live alone so it can take a while to fill it so it's super crusted. When I first got it I had to buy more plates and chopping boards (and steal more glasses from the pub) so I'd have enough crockery to fill it and not run it half empty because gently caress that.

Anyway it cleans everything perfectly every time, pre rinsing is the sign of a diseased mind imo. Also none of it makes the slightest bit of difference do what you want that's my dishwasher story

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

you guys in some very fancy places to have dishwashers younger than 10 years. if I don’t prewash a little it won’t get done.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i'm pretty sure my dishwasher was one of the first solid objects to form after the big bang

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
The dishwasher is a decadent extravagance, as is having more than one utensil.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

prerinse lol what the gently caress

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Fly Molo posted:

yeah lets not fantasize about specific rich people murder methods itt, were on enough watchlists already

i'm becoming a helicopter mechanic

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
just remember the jesus nut

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

empty whippet box posted:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

hobbez posted:

i just make sure there's no solid chunks on anything, so i don't have to pick them out of the filter. and so there's not rice stuck to everything.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

hobbez posted:

Just scrape the biggest stuff into compost/trash as appropriate, sauces and crumbs will almost always just completely vanish

The exception is if you let it get too caked on before you wash you should let it soak a bit before you put it in

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I have a 20 year old Siemens. I save dish for 1-2 weeks. I use the 15-minute prewash program and wait an hour or so. I then put in the detergent and do a full wash. Dishes are always clean. I never pre rinse anything manually, gently caress that.

I always silently wonder when visiting friends, why do they manually prerinse? The machine is there for the job. Just put dishes in and let it clean the dishes for you, man..

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

Car Hater posted:

*Breathes Taoishly*

Chill man, chill, you gotta come to see the dualism here. If you know you are trying to post the unpostable, and so is he, you can come to see two ways out of the trap, and silly hippie bullshit as a yin to your yangish identification with ludicrous commie nonsense. You know you're not outside either, but your essence rebels that it cannot escape the vessel, and resents those who slip through the fine cracks because they find it easier to let go and become formless than to consider shattering the vase once and for all. Both options are the limit of our choices.

i like you car hater. and i also hate cars.

*takes some deep breaths*

you're right. it's the other way 'out' (like snowpiercer!) but i'll never be able to let myself believe that it could ever be 'out'. what's the difference between anprim and like, white core-settlers going camping on the weekends? it fulfills the same function, satisfies the same urge. escape.

but there is no escape. chasing that all the way the bitter end, accepting it absolutely, and turning back around claws out teeth bared - that is liberation. or as close as we can get.

Hubbert posted:

towards the unpostable!

emTme3 has issued a correction as of 09:29 on May 21, 2022

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I don't have a dishwasher. Even when we remodeled the kitchen I actively decided we wouldn't be getting one. I find washing the dishes quite therapeutic, and I watch TV on my tablet while I'm doing it.

Anyway I need to go wash the dishes and then I'll be back with a question about that earth battery paper

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
no dishwasher? where do you shed all the microplastics from all your tupperware?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Griz
May 21, 2001

Ihmemies posted:

I always silently wonder when visiting friends, why do they manually prerinse? The machine is there for the job. Just put dishes in and let it clean the dishes for you, man..

they grew up with some old-rear end dishwasher and got yelled at by parents for not prerinsing

modern ones use like 5 gallons per load (2-3 minutes worth of kitchen sink) and probably do a better job than hand-washing