Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
The gently caress is the goodbye room?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Cowslips Warren posted:

The gently caress is the goodbye room?

Totally not where children say goodbye to any sense of innocence and humanity they managed to take with them off the blanket.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
yeah, i was wonder... oh i guess they dont let ppl out the front doo so the shove them out the side door,

and it turns out no house design is joshproof, hell, even if the girls were in a seperate house he'd have somehow tunnelled to get there.
they could have covered the floor walls and ceiling in gimpie plants and he'd be there, molestin' away with the same dead rictus.

staberind fucked around with this message at 05:35 on May 21, 2022

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
What is the unlabled separate room that takes up 1/4 of the boys room?

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

The shame box.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Nooner posted:

routers, NAS, laptops, that sort of thing

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Nooner posted:

The in home equivalent of the shack on a used car lot.
Just think of the smell

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Nooner posted:

Josh

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The Mechanical Room sounds ominous.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
I skimmed over it too fast and thought it was michelles mechanical office room. like it transforms into a preist to stop rampaging josh's in must.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark
We all just ignoring the 5x5 "Prayer Room"?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
indeed we are. with the surprisingly soft walls and assortments of jazz funk hits of the 70's

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Nooner posted:

I think it's a bathroom.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

They literally designed the house so the boys couldn't molest the girls.

These Five Nights At Freddie's spinoffs are getting esoteric

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

*Jim Bob on his quarter hourly patrol to make sure Josh is not whacking off*

Atticus_1354 posted:

You have to have a prayer room if your whole grifting schtick is to pump out Joshs in the name of the Lord.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

They literally designed the house so the boys couldn't molest the girls.

Are those two side-by-side toilets in the bathroom coming off the playroom?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I think the thing that bothers me the most is the guest suite. That people would volunteer to stay in that house long enough to need that room.

Pogonodon
Sep 10, 2010

Almost Smart posted:

Possibly one is a bidet? I know one of my older relatives had a bidet that was just a standalone thing next to the actual toilet. It confused a few people since it looked like a regular toilet at a glance.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Almost Smart posted:

The longer you look at the floor plan the more this looks like some sort of prison/torture dungeon. The side-by-side toilets, warden’s offices covering access to the combined sleeping quarters, all that poo poo. The “good bye room” is where bodies are quietly shuffled out the side away from the eyes of the media.

Probably a sign on the front door saying “~Welcome to our little Guantanamo Bay~”

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

funeral home DJ posted:

Probably a sign on the front door saying “~Welcome to our little Guantanamo Bay~”

In this house, we
REJOICE in the LORD
REJUVENATE from HARD WORK
REFRAIN from INCEST

sootikins
May 24, 2008

Did I ever. Remember it as if it were yesterday. Soon as I woke, I went to empty my bowels - my favorite part of the day. Defecatin' to the sunrise - downright glorious.
the gap between Michelle's office and the sewing room is kinda weird, and that massive block of dead space in the boys playroom is extremely off-putting

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

IT HAS BEEN ______ DAYS SINCE A CHILD SEX OFFENSE. SPIRITUAL CLEANLINESS BEGINS WITH YOU!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I'm the closet sized void in Jim Bob's room with no ascertainable entrance.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I'm the closet sized void in Jim Bob's room with no ascertainable entrance.

In the dos game Sleuth, that kind of room would be a warp/shortcut to other rooms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4_C8i5V8Dw

:stare:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The duggar house is actually the house from house of leaves.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

teen witch posted:

Hi y’all,

We’ve noticed chat about “the video” has sprung up again.

You can’t exactly discuss the trial without mentioning of facts established within, of which Josh Duggar voluntarily and willingly watched a video of CSAM so horrendous that it’s hosed up hardened detectives. It would be unrealistic to ignore that fact, and I don’t expect you to. You can mention it within the context of the trial, sentencing, and anything related to it, within sensible reason. Likewise if an article you link mentions that, give a warning for others out of courtesy.

Anything else beyond that is within sight-lines of sixers or worse. Don’t ask for more info on the video here including the name, do NOT pm others for information, and for fucks sake if you describe the contents, I will see to it that your rapsheet reflects your actions. Furthermore, no “dog playing basketball” type crap, aka “well there’s no rule saying I can’t do x”, regarding this.

Make anyone that breaks the rules post a video of themselves doing an original interpretive dance based on the trial of Josh Duggar.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The duggar house is actually the house from house of leaves.

Jim Bob is the minotaur.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
It would be funny if Josh got a 19 year sentence.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

I think it's a bathroom.

I thought they already had 2 listed for them.

This might be my OCD kicking in, or just something due to all the home repairs I tend to planning right now, but am I looking at that floorplan right to notice the girls have two separate bathrooms with toilets and tubs, but only ONE of them has a sink?

I'm sort of willing to chalk that up to an error in the plans and both bathrooms have a sink because that's a really strange decision, otherwise. They don't even have a countertop space that could potentially have one like the playroom and dining hall bathrooms have.

Atticus_1354 posted:

Location seems like it's placed so that its directly above the closet area of Jim Bob's Office. Might be an intentional thing of, "I want to hear someone going in and praying multiple times a day while I'm working."

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah they did.

Why do you think this i.e. where are you getting this from?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I think the thing that bothers me the most is the guest suite. That people would volunteer to stay in that house long enough to need that room.

What’s weird to me is that it’s only accessible through the laundry room. It could be the break room for the tv crew?

Anyway I’m the “pretty kitchen”.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

wtf not a single match

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
The "Clue Room" makes me wonder if it's a potentially and intentionally dead-spaced area to exploit later.

"Well, we've got to make room because the family's growing, so we're going to have to do a MAJOR RENOVATION of the boy's room to expand!"

*Do a big production about knocking out walls, making it look like they're doing a bunch of work, how expensive and difficult it is, etc.*

That, or they're working some sort of "Well, our taxes would be XXX, but we technically don't have as much actually livable floorspace as the footprint of the house would imply."

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Atticus_1354 posted:

There's a Bible verse (I want to say it's somewhere in Matthew) that says not to make a big public production out of your praying, and that it's better to do it privately, even to the point of going into a closet to pray. Some present-day Christians take this literally and set aside a special "prayer closet" in their homes. Honestly, as Christian lifestyle oddities go, that one's pretty harmless, but you do have to appreciate the irony of such a closet being in a home that was the focus of a drat TV show that made a big public production out of their religious life.

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine

JediTalentAgent posted:

I thought they already had 2 listed for them.

This might be my OCD kicking in, or just something due to all the home repairs I tend to planning right now, but am I looking at that floorplan right to notice the girls have two separate bathrooms with toilets and tubs, but only ONE of them has a sink?

Women are sinful. So proclaims me, the holy Jim Bob.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Best post in the thread.

Holy poo poo.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Someone needs to incorporate the Doom bathroom in to that house.

Sunken bathtub to attract the :females:, uhhh i mean like angels and holy poo poo and whatnot. Being held up by the grace of god.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
My "favorite" detail of that house is that the boys' room has a slide into the playroom, and the girls' room gets a spiral staircase into the kitchen. And of course, easy access to the sewing room!
I hate fundies so loving much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Powered Descent posted:

There's a Bible verse (I want to say it's somewhere in Matthew) that says not to make a big public production out of your praying, and that it's better to do it privately, even to the point of going into a closet to pray. Some present-day Christians take this literally and set aside a special "prayer closet" in their homes. Honestly, as Christian lifestyle oddities go, that one's pretty harmless, but you do have to appreciate the irony of such a closet being in a home that was the focus of a drat TV show that made a big public production out of their religious life.

Matthew 6:5

The Bibble posted:

when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward.

Seems pretty obvious its more about not making a giant show of your faith and not " y'all should pray in a closet" but idiotic interpretations are nothing new. My favorite is the " harder to get a camel to through the eye of a needle then for a rich man too get into Heaven" means rich people still go to Heaven.