Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

one day we wont have usable dishwashers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Eraflure posted:

They're written in French and most questions are regular reading and listening comprehension stuff. Nothing that should be posted ITT.
If you want to see something much worse, here is the 2022 French Baccalaureat (the exam students have to pass when they finish high school, usually required for uni/college etc.).

1) Using two arguments, prove that work is a source of social integration.
2) Using an example, prove that innovation can help push past the ecological limits of growth.
3) Using an example, demonstrate how the State acting in favor of social justice could have perverse effects.

Not screened : another question worth 10 points where you have to prove that actually, social classes don't really exist / are an outdated concept.

It goes without saying that modifying any of those questions would automatically fail the entire class.

lol you have to pledge allegiance to neoliberalism to graduate highschool. our civilization is extremely ill

Griz
May 21, 2001

the only time i've actually used a dishwasher was after my grandpa's funeral last year when no one else in my family could figure out how to use the one he installed a few years ago (the secret was press and hold on the start button)

my parents had one that was probably original construction from the 60s, it never worked and was just used as another cabinet, then out of all the lovely apartments i went through post-college only one of them had a dishwasher and it was also some ancient broken bullshit.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

emTme3 posted:

ah! you're an anarcho-primivist. an anti-humanist, actively rooting for historical obliteration. i'm a communist - i couldn't give a rats rear end about your silly hippie bullshit. the change i wish to see is again - unpostable.

you're not outside of the capitalist system, no matter how back to nature your tribe gets. there is no outside, and pretending otherwise is just lying to yourself.

but your smug bullshit makes more sense now. you're operating off of unquestioned liberal moralisms and you don't have a sufficiently materialist understanding of the world you live in. again, i'll redirect you to my site. it'll help!

i do wish that there was a way for me to be around for that post-cliff moment you anprims realize there ain't gonna be much of anything to hunt or gather.

a landian! i liked him before he went off the deep end. any current stuff of his you recommend?

i am not the domevid guy, whoever who/she/they is. i've just watched it a bunch cuz it's been really helpful. wanna thank whoever did it.

e: quick critique of the land quote - he's doing what eco-reactionaries tend to do, and reducing the transcendental/symbolic/historical dimension down to bio-mechanisms. a quintessentially bourgeois/aristocrat move - but at least he's honest about it.

land really is the ultimate expression of capitalist logics taken to all the way to the end - an immediate and direct mouthpiece for capital itself. if you ever want to experience how capital thinks, he's the guy to read.

I read your site and I think you are overly hostile to idealism. it seems important for your personal journey to destroy solipsism within yourself, but in doing that you made a straw man out of idealism.

anyway, the climate is hosed lets play minecarft and sieze those diamond pickaxes comrades :tipshat:

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 14 days!)

i wash dishes the same way i will slay trump, with my own bare hands

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 14 days!)

then i will take crimea!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
bread crumbs or sauce i don’t worry about but i rinse vegetable bits like broccoli florets or similar off because they’re small enough to get anywhere and can sometimes block jets, and unlike the other things don’t, like, dissolve

oh also anything that uses poo poo like flax or whatever since those fuckers can turn into glue

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

CODChimera posted:

People say we're three missed meals away from total chaos. You think that's chaos - just wait until they stop collecting garbage!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
When the garbage rubbish stopped being collected in the UK we voted in Thatcher.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

When the garbage rubbish stopped being collected

weird way to talk about immigrants

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

emTme3 posted:

i like you car hater. and i also hate cars.

*takes some deep breaths*

you're right. it's the other way 'out' (like snowpiercer!) but i'll never be able to let myself believe that it could ever be 'out'. what's the difference between anprim and like, white core-settlers going camping on the weekends? it fulfills the same function, satisfies the same urge. escape.

but there is no escape. chasing that all the way the bitter end, accepting it absolutely, and turning back around claws out teeth bared - that is liberation. or as close as we can get.

towards the unpostable!

To be fair (not to put words into his mouth) but I'm pretty sure pnac is descended from the settled and not from settlers, and is living a modified tradition in defiance of capital more than an urge-satisfaction, and I respect that quite a bit.

It may not be generative of a Full Challenge to capital, but it does allow one a freedom that I'm not sure I have - to truly imagine what a world not ruled by capital would feel like.

two-time fee
Jan 13, 2022

“Qu’est-ce qu’optimisme ? disait Cacambo.”
“Hélas ! dit Candide, c’est la rage de soutenir que tout est bien quand on est mal."
Et il versait des larmes en regardant son Rime, et en pleurant il entra dans C-SPAM

two-time fee has issued a correction as of 13:48 on May 21, 2022

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Morning thread! Didn't see this posted yet:

https://www.thedrive.com/news/tesla-asks-texan-owners-to-limit-charging-due-to-heat-wave

It made me lol and lmao. enjoy!

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

The rain in Spain stays mostly in the...?

https://www.thejournal.ie/spain-heatwave-5769432-May2022/

quote:

AN UNUSUALLY EARLY heatwave brought extreme temperatures today to a large swath of Spain, putting the whole month of May on track to be the hottest this century.

Spain’s meteorological agency AEMET said the heatwave, caused by a mass of hot air coming from North Africa, had produced high temperatures up to 15 degrees Celsius above the seasonal average.

The worst-hit regions are Andalusia in the south, Extremadura in the southeast, Madrid and Castilla La Mancha in the centre and Aragon in the northeast.

Temperatures are expected to hit 39 degrees Celsius in Zaragoza in the northeast, 38 degrees in Seville in the south and 34 degrees in Madrid, sizzling conditions more usually seen in mid-summer than mid-May.

Heatwaves have become more likely due to climate change, scientists say.

As global temperatures rise over time, heatwaves are predicted to become more frequent and intense, and their impacts more widespread.

The Spanish health ministry urged residents to drink plenty of water, reduce physical activity and stay in cool places “as much as possible”.

Eric Solis, 32, who was visiting Madrid from the United States, said the heat was “a little bit concerning” and “not too convenient for tourists”.

“I was expecting a little bit cooler, fresher weather,” he told AFP.

The southern city of Jaen recorded a high of 38.7 degrees Celsius yesterday, its highest temperature for the month of May since 1883 and 15 degrees Celsius above the average high for this time of the year, said AEMET spokesman Ruben del Campo.

The month of May has been “very hot, much more than normal,” he told AFP.

“In 2015 we had an exceptionally warm month of May, it broke all sorts of records, and it seemed at the that time that a similar situation could not be repeated. It has been just seven years,” he added.

Del Campo said the meteorological agency will have to wait until the end of the month to know if it is the hottest month of May of the 21st century.

It broke the previous record from 7 years ago that for some reason people thought could not be repeated, but also tourists find it inconvenient

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

They keep getting bigger. :)

https://twitter.com/NWSSPC/status/1527709953791860736?s=20&t=M08ofIEXAHMkZlwFzrdgZA

Check it out.

https://twitter.com/OldPhotoInRealL/status/1527295589742186496

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Look how much nicer the dinghies are these days

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Superman’s Fortress of Solitude is gonna melt away!

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
are dishwashers still more efficient than handwashing if you factor in the energy used to produce the dishwasher and ship it to your home?

i mean my rental apartment comes with one so i use it but i still wonder

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

mediaphage posted:

weird way to talk about immigrants

JeremoudCorbynejad is Eric Clapton, OP.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lmao at Twitter. what if we had those warning messages here. lol.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Morning thread! Didn't see this posted yet:

https://www.thedrive.com/news/tesla-asks-texan-owners-to-limit-charging-due-to-heat-wave

It made me lol and lmao. enjoy!

lol

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Enfys posted:

The rain in Spain stays mostly in the...?

https://www.thejournal.ie/spain-heatwave-5769432-May2022/

It broke the previous record from 7 years ago that for some reason people thought could not be repeated, but also tourists find it inconvenient

Wont somebody think of the tourists!

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
‼️ You appear to be talking back to a corporation. Did you really mean to do this?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mawarannahr posted:

lmao at Twitter. what if we had those warning messages here. lol.

it'd just come up for every post, and it'd be right

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

the white hand posted:

‼️ You appear to be talking back to a corporation. Did you really mean to do this?

The New Yorker ran this article talking about how dangerous the internet is when you start getting into non-algorithmic content like forums and discord.

https://twitter.com/jaredlholt/status/1527737031777996802

The ideal internet for the elites would be one or two tech platforms that are heavily moderated, where all the bad people and content is removed forever.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pryor on Fire posted:

The New Yorker ran this article talking about how dangerous the internet is when you start getting into non-algorithmic content like forums and discord.

The ideal internet for the elites would be one or two tech platforms that are heavily moderated, where all the bad people and content is removed forever.

https://techcrunch.com/2022/05/18/buffalo-shooter-journal-discord-google-docs/

quote:

In early May, he expressed concerns that Google might discover his plan for violence in messages sent on the private Discord server. “Ok I’m a bit stressed that a google worker is going to see my manifesto gently caress,” he wrote. “WHY did I write it on google docs I should have had some other solution.” Unfortunately, those concerns were unfounded. After the shooting, Google did remove the document for violating its terms of service.

It looks like you're writing a manifesto! Would you like help formatting your kill list?

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Pryor on Fire posted:

unironically correct. the only people who dislike moderation are 4chan-type freaks and losers.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

writing a letter to AOC to introduce a bill to ban forums worldwide. it’ll be her signature legislation.

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pryor on Fire posted:

https://twitter.com/Wycked_Yum/status/1528016004348989441

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

is your child living in a good home with access to the internet and both parents? watch out! those are the building blocks for extremism!

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

Pryor on Fire posted:

Of course they promote the idea that it's all or nothing, either a completely lawless inevitably fascist shithouse collection of sites like 4chan, or Pepsico's UniSite Internet Discussion and Pepsi Appreciation Station, The Only Site Online

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

skooma512 posted:

My retirement plan is dying of dysentery in a climate refugee camp and being tossed in a mass grave.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lmao the comments

“i bet one was taken in winter and one in summer!”

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

mediaphage posted:

lmao the comments

All those people who died of covid and sputtered with their last breaths how it wasn't real

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mediaphage posted:

lmao the comments

You're right. I, however, refuse to change my mind.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

SKULL.GIF posted:

You're right. I, however, refuse to change my mind.

“I'm still pretty sure mtw is objectively correct revolutionary science but it's no way for me to live my life. Sorry everyone.”

Lost Time
Sep 28, 2012

All necessities, provided. All anxieties, tranquilized. All boredom, amused.

CODChimera posted:

Good. We need fewer plastic tubs in households.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

unironically correct. the only people who dislike moderation are 4chan-type freaks and losers.

:wrong:

The ideal online community is self-moderating. That is, the community "gatekeeps" without giving unilateral powers to select members. 4Chan is a cesspool because the community doesn't truly self-moderate, which is in fact part of its ethos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mediaphage posted:

lmao the comments

https://twitter.com/rthahen1/status/1527300754142179328

we run on dilithium crystals in the west now