Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
Initiating and executing lawsuits? Directly??? This guy means business

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1527758961772007424?s=21&t=r4_Oh2rALeSEgiOmLvcwXw

Lol

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1527774704018280448

Wonder what Perkins and Cooley did to earn his ire.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Vox Nihili posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1527774704018280448

Wonder what Perkins and Cooley did to earn his ire.

Dunno about Perkins but I’d bet money the Cooley hate is because of this.

https://www.abajournal.com/news/article/cooley-is-praised-for-refusing-to-fire-associate-disliked-by-elon-musk-because-of-past-sec-work

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

evilweasel posted:

i don't think he'd be a worse client than trump

but i did have to think hard about it

I think he’s slightly more likely to actually pay.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Jesus loving Christ

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Elon doesn't want criminal lawyers, he wants criminal lawyers

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Bet you its about Sussman.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Anyone ELSE who may be thinking about opening their big mouths about my weird cyberdick or the things I do with it, be aware!!

Pinky Artichoke
Apr 10, 2011

Dinner has blossomed.
That job sounds like a great way to end up a character in a long-form New Yorker article featuring the phrase "drug-fueled suborbital meltdown".

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Pinky Artichoke posted:

That job sounds like a great way to end up a character in a long-form New Yorker article featuring the phrase "drug-fueled suborbital meltdown".

poo poo, I wasn't interested before but now it's tempting...

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
For the lawyers who saw the composite lawyer character in The Drop Out and said, "That could be me someday!"

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

Pinky Artichoke posted:

Yeah this is a selling point now.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
This one’s for any EEOC lawyer in here

https://twitter.com/real_joshjones/status/1528874128853573632?s=21&t=MfGtSoiOERw7_8V5vv7kMg

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

This guy is a god damned hero.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Mr. Nice! posted:

The hero America deserves, non-ironically

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Mr. Nice! posted:

Employment quality assurance.

Good idea. People ought to snitch a hell of a lot more.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
I don't know if this happened to you all after graduation and some of your classmates started making decent money and chasing other dreams, but for a couple of years I was getting constant messages from a classmate I didn't really know that well about investing in a New York City restaurant. In exchange for a measly $25,000+ investment, there were offers of special event booking privileges and what-not.

I just Googled the place out of curiosity and it only lasted for a couple of years tops. Maybe not even a year. Meanwhile the guy was bragging on social media about his small firm getting mentioned in the DC version of Super Lawyers.

I just felt like sharing this since "what else can I do with a law degree?" is the first question many law students and lawyers start asking almost immediately after their first real law job. Maybe you guys have happier stories about these escape routes, though.

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 15:58 on May 27, 2022

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I escaped by getting into a phd program.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Sudden urge to get a law related tattoo, what are cases that have strong imagery associated with them other than snail in the bottle and carbolic smoke ball? I am thinking of some fun snail bottle concepts but I feel like there must be others.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Eggshell head plaintiff

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

it's the boat from R v. Dudley and Stephens

alternately, a harrier jump jet inside a Pepsi logo

Valentin fucked around with this message at 06:21 on May 28, 2022

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Organza Quiz posted:

Sudden urge to get a law related tattoo, what are cases that have strong imagery associated with them other than snail in the bottle and carbolic smoke ball? I am thinking of some fun snail bottle concepts but I feel like there must be others.

I dunno OP, aren't tattoos tacky and look bad in the courtroom?

Anyway the blindingly obvious answer is to get a tattoo of Tyr, the norse god of justice and honor.

Something like this probably

But not exactly like that, whoever drew that hosed up the runes I think, that's the wrong name. I'll post the right ones for you. You can trust me.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

I genuinely held off on getting a tattoo all down my arm for a whole year cause I was like what about court?? What about clients???? And then I remembered we wear robes or at least a blazer in court and also one of my coworkers has a finger tattoo and it's fine this is 2022 so I went for it.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Organza Quiz posted:

Plenty to choose from here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_rem_jurisdiction

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Valentin posted:

it's the boat from R v. Dudley and Stephens

alternately, a harrier jump jet inside a Pepsi logo

He needs ink of Ploof’s sloop.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Some of the prosecutors I know have scales-of-justice tattoos.

Which seems boring when you could go for a blind lady with a sword

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Organza Quiz posted:

Kangaroo with a wig and gavel, banner accompanying that says "leaping to conclusions".

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Tattoo UCC sections on your body to become the free man on the land.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Nice piece of fish posted:

I dunno OP, aren't tattoos tacky and look bad in the courtroom?

Anyway the blindingly obvious answer is to get a tattoo of Tyr, the norse god of justice and honor.

Something like this probably

But not exactly like that, whoever drew that hosed up the runes I think, that's the wrong name. I'll post the right ones for you. You can trust me.
I might have to get a tattoo.

However, I have no doubt that the 'corrected' runes will read this:

Which I guess I can live with

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
A picture of a corgi with a suit and tie and underneath it a cite to state v Demesme

Alternatively "my lawyer has told me not to talk to law enforcement" on your forehead so the cop can see it

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Picture of yourself in major bondage outfit, hogtied with a ball gag, with the words AM I BEING DETAINED

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
RETA INER across your knuckles

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Organza Quiz posted:

I genuinely held off on getting a tattoo all down my arm for a whole year cause I was like what about court?? What about clients???? And then I remembered we wear robes or at least a blazer in court and also one of my coworkers has a finger tattoo and it's fine this is 2022 so I went for it.

Anyway, for lawyers this is pretty obviously the right answer:

Or whatever the aussie self defence statute is.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Devor posted:

RETA INER across your knuckles

FRCP 12(b)6 fits perfectly.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

joat mon posted:

I might have to get a tattoo.

However, I have no doubt that the 'corrected' runes will read this:

Which I guess I can live with

Nah, wouldn't do that to you. Wouldn't be as funny.

For authenticity you'd want younger futhark runes, as they are the viking ones. Tyr is then spelled

ᛏᛦᚱ

As ᛦ is used for both R and y interchangeably.

And Fenrir or Fenre then becomes

ᚠᛅᚾᚱᛁᛦ

And frankly that tattoo design could do with a lot more viking era scrollwork as filler of which we have a lot of examples.

That's enough nerd talk.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Protip, do NOT hire a tattoo artist and lead with telling them you want Norse runes. At least in America, Nordic rune tattoos are often associated with white supremacists.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Pook Good Mook posted:

Protip, do NOT hire a tattoo artist and lead with telling them you want Norse runes. At least in America, Nordic rune tattoos are often associated with white supremacists.

I mean it's far from the worst thing they've done, but if they hadn't coopted my loving heritage I would likely consider my own tattoo. There is some amazing art to be had.

But now? No. Not in the realm of possible. And I don't for real recommend anyone else get one either, sad to say. It's the same perception everywhere, even here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Organza Quiz posted:

Hairy hand