Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I actually have Michelle Pfeiffer cat woman hanging on my wall. My husband does not like it but - it is my wall to decorate!

Eeek everything looks crooked with my phone camera but it is not crooked in reality in my house.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 10:17 on May 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

EP 2 was absolutely the most FUN I've had with Drag Race in a long long time

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

There's no need for me to echo the praises for Jinkx's Judy but I gotta say Yvie's Boogieman got me feelin things

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I should watch Jinkx's season at some point so I have context about this Judy Garland assassin

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Tired Moritz posted:

I should watch Jinkx's season at some point so I have context about this Judy Garland assassin

You've never seen the iconic season 5? There's a reason why All Stars 2 was stacked with queens from season 5.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
Seasons 4-6 with the Untucked which are mandatory for those are definitely what people are talking about when they talk about the golden age of the show.

They don't have as much oomph as they did back when we weren't absolutely inundated with the show and $10000 runways, but they legit have everything you could ever want from Drag Race.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Zvahl posted:

Seasons 4-6 with the Untucked which are mandatory for those are definitely what people are talking about when they talk about the golden age of the show.

They don't have as much oomph as they did back when we weren't absolutely inundated with the show and $10000 runways, but they legit have everything you could ever want from Drag Race.

It was still a time where queens didn't spend $25,000 on looks for the show, and they were still a little too unaware of their online presence that they didn't know enough to care about being portrayed as a villain. The show felt a bit more raw.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

garthoneeye posted:

Seriously excellent television. My only complaint so far was I thought the sound mixing was terrible in the song in the first episode. I thought the verses came in way too quiet.

I couldn't tell you one word that Shea or Yvie said in their verses.

I wouldn't hesitate to call that Snatch Game the best of all time but Jinkx still destroyed them. That callback to Dave? :eyepop:

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

This season is such a joy so far. Smaller casts with this format should be the standard for all stars seasons.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

The scream I let out when Jinkx as Judy Garland started talking about Dave from her makeover episode. That was masterful.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

It's been long enough, enjoy!

https://twitter.com/Henry92589880/status/1527680027562852352

(i'm still dead)

e: I just saw Ross being :allears: during that whole exchange. Wonderful!

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

garthoneeye posted:

Seriously excellent television. My only complaint so far was I thought the sound mixing was terrible in the song in the first episode. I thought the verses came in way too quiet.

Missed this post earlier - Jaida's verse was INAUDIBLE and as an (...semi-pro) audio engineer it made me wanna go to LA and go "you really thought that poo poo would fly?"

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
Canadian viewer here. Having a hard time trying to confirm if the new season is on Crave or not? Seeing a lot of contradictory info on Google.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
It is on Crave! I cannot wait for more.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

run on sentience posted:

It is on Crave! I cannot wait for more.

Okay so that's what I thought, and maybe I'm just stupid, but its now showing the new season on mine. That is, its still only listing up to season 14.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

like on all other streaming services, all-stars has an individual listing on crave, separate from mainline

loved these two eps. I kind of felt exhausted after two-and-a-half hours of mid-stakes drag excellence

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022

Cyril Sneer posted:

Okay so that's what I thought, and maybe I'm just stupid, but its now showing the new season on mine. That is, its still only listing up to season 14.

I find Crave's apps to be stupidly buggy so it could be that. All Stars won't be listed with the regular seasons though, it's in its own grouping.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Thanks! Didn't realize it was a separate listing - managed to find it in the trending section :dance:

Bookish
Sep 7, 2006

80% sexy 20% disgusting
Is there untucked somewhere for this season? I've never actually watched any Untucked before and I know I've missed out on tons so I really want to now if possible. Just not sure where to find it. I'm in the US.

Edit: And of course right after I posted I found it on Paramount Plus. I was just confused because it said season 4 episode 1 so I didn't realize it was the correct one. I am easily confused.

Bookish fucked around with this message at 22:53 on May 21, 2022

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Jynx was unreal but that Madame outfit lives in my head rent free

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I fell in love with Jinx when she did a freaking Grey Gardens character.

God I love her:3:

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I fell in love with Jinx when she did a freaking Grey Gardens character.

God I love her:3:

?? She did Natasha in her Russian Doll character and Judy Garland.

????
Please explain.

E: I'm not being mean I just want to know where to look.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I just realized we get to see eight amazing runways, every single week. :allears: :love:

Is there no new episode next week, due to this week having two?

nunsexmonkrock posted:

????
Please explain.

They're referring to her original season, S5.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

nunsexmonkrock posted:

????
Please explain.

oh boy you're in for a treat

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Thank yous guys! I got it now, thank you!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

hahaha still looking over jynx reading "roger"

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Tired Moritz posted:

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Thank yous guys! I got it now, thank you!

I was joking with my fiancée that you really need a Drag Race PhD (which she has) to catch all the references this season. The Dave callback was an insanely deep cut

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I was just thinking, I'm surprised they let Raja do Madame. They've stopped people before from doing copyrighted characters, so the queens will just do that actress playing the character instead of being the actual character. Maybe they've stopped worrying so much about that, or maybe they got the rights, or maybe the copyright has lapsed?

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Nihonniboku posted:

I was just thinking, I'm surprised they let Raja do Madame. They've stopped people before from doing copyrighted characters, so the queens will just do that actress playing the character instead of being the actual character. Maybe they've stopped worrying so much about that, or maybe they got the rights, or maybe the copyright has lapsed?

enh, it's always been a sort of "when we want to we do it anyway" rule.

In the far back year of 2010 in Raja's original snatch game Stacey Layne Matthews won by doing a character and labelling it Mo'nique, and Blu just did it again recently with Mike Myers.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Zvahl posted:

enh, it's always been a sort of "when we want to we do it anyway" rule.

In the far back year of 2010 in Raja's original snatch game Stacey Layne Matthews won by doing a character and labelling it Mo'nique, and Blu just did it again recently with Mike Myers.

That’s always been the rule. You can play the character by naming the actor/actress but you can’t just say you’re the character. Mainly it precludes animated characters or people from works of fiction that aren’t really associated with a specific actor.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Yeah, it's odd that Raja could be Madame, but Monet had to be "Martin Lawrence" and not Sheneneh

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'd assume that Drag Race could easily get the rights to use Madame, or Raja started the process early since she was at WoW regularly for the Photo Revues.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Nemo posted:

Yeah, it's odd that Raja could be Madame, but Monet had to be "Martin Lawrence" and not Sheneneh

Oh is that what he was doing? I had no loving clue what the joke was there.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

This All-Stars All-Winners format has been very satisfying thus far. While it's supposedly a competition, everyone has been nothing but professional and good spirited. There's plenty of playful banter that's just so fun to watch. And these are all very smart queens who have their own brand to maintain and are keenly aware of how TV works. So it's refreshing, in a very clean way. I hope everyone gets a moment to shine through the season like Jinkx and Shea to clearly demonstrate they re very deservedly a winner. Goddsdamn Jinkx was on another level in snatch game. Not sure I care for the plunger shenanigans, but I trust them all to play fair with it.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I personally love the plunger. It harkens back to that old drag race feel of stupid, fun nonsense where you know the show isn’t taking itself too seriously. The walk and banter between the queens as they go from one to another is hilarious. It’s so campy and stupid that I can’t help but love it.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

It feels like a game of duck duck goose

Bolt Yaride
Oct 3, 2021

by Azathoth
The plunger doesn't make sense. It unblocks things.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Bolt Yaride posted:

The plunger doesn't make sense. It unblocks things.

Do you think Ru knows this? When her toilet is clogged she buys a new one.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Amazing episodes, they should retire Judy Garland like the number in a pro athlete’s jersey.

Also, please never invite that second guest judge ever again. She looked like a xenomorph in a human suit jfc. Like her hair would open and a facehugger would jump out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

dpkg chopra posted:

Amazing episodes, they should retire Judy Garland like the number in a pro athlete’s jersey.

Also, please never invite that second guest judge ever again. She looked like a xenomorph in a human suit jfc. Like her hair would open and a facehugger would jump out of it.

No.

She was the real life inspiration for Moira Rose on Schitt's Creek. She was asked to guest judge for a reason. There have been plenty of bad guest judges on the show. She was not one.