Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the federal Election
This poll is closed.
Labor Majority 48 42.48%
Labor Minority 29 25.66%
Liberal Majority 3 2.65%
Liberal Minority 12 10.62%
UAP Majoirty 21 18.58%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Time to lose all hope

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Yup we're hosed.

SecretOfSteel posted:

Oh my god this loving country

Comstar posted:

There's no Labor landslide. All going to indi's.

I am sick.

quote:

I have horrible 2019 vibes. Hope is a lie. I agonised about putting ON or the Libs last. Plumped for Libs last in the end.

Rust Martialis posted:

Lol the Terror begins

wow death must be certain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

lih posted:

they're not going to formally do a deal with anyone, they'll get supply & confidence from the Greens at least (though they'll try for as many crossbenchers as they can on top for the appearance of stability, Wilkie will surely at least too) and that will be enough. no deals, negotiate everything with the Greens bill-by-bill because it doesn't matter if Labor pass something with Teals in the house if the Greens won't support it in the Senate

the ICAC model that Labor/Greens/Teals all support is very good & i don't think there's really any room for Labor to suddenly have second thoughts about that

the Liberals have been decimated, this is one of their worst results ever & ICAC will rip into all their corrupt dealings over the past decade while they're also tearing themselves apart internally

So like what kind of corruption are we talking about here? Im mostly only aware of the sex scandal stuff and like ScoMo going to like Hawaii during the floods and fires.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin

Lawman 0 posted:

So like what kind of corruption are we talking about here? Im mostly only aware of the sex scandal stuff and like ScoMo going to like Hawaii during the floods and fires.

cock for cash was a big theme

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Yikes.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Lawman 0 posted:

All of Angus Taylor's dealings

The badgerys creek airport land buy back value thing

Cotton farm watergate

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
and sportsrots

carparks never built

contracts given to donors without tender

flood and fire relief promised but never delivered to areas that voted for the other party

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Lawman 0 posted:

Here’s a handy list: https://chaser.com.au/national/an-exhaustive-list-of-the-liberal-partys-corruption-over-the-last-7-years/

Yeah it’s from The Chaser but everything there is sourced and accurate

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Congratulations comrades

I spent election night drinking beer, playing virtual darts and eating Korean BBQ in the city with my best mates and didn't even check my phone until half 8, which was a hell of a lot better than chicken littleing in this thread. Highly recommend it for next election

Ol Sweepy
Nov 28, 2005

Safety First

Budzilla posted:

Thank you for reminding us to Clam Down.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Oh it's good to see a Liberal bloodbath. Get in the loving bin.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I'm so glad I get to wake up happy tomorrow

I had a great time tonight once Labor hit the front and the greens results came in.

My seat turned red, first time ever.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Budzilla posted:

My meaning was this exact scenario plays out every drat election. The low-population seats always report quickly - in .au and .us both, so the right wing party always jumps to an early lead because those seats get called first. The high-pop density urban seats always come in later and counteract the initial lopsided results.

It's both funny and depressing to see people start freaking out every goddamn election over it.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Rust Martialis posted:

My meaning was this exact scenario plays out every drat election. The low-population seats always report quickly - in .au and .us both, so the right wing party always jumps to an early lead because those seats get called first. The high-pop density urban seats always come in later and counteract the initial lopsided results.

It's both funny and depressing to see people start freaking out every goddamn election over it.

This is of course true; but the difference is last election people people gave the same explanation; but the correction never happened and so after that everyone was paranoid.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I was tired and sore as poo poo yesterday but gently caress once we finished at the booth, but I should have gone to the greens afterparty.

gently caress

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds
any idea why the AEC data for griffith has gone completely blank?

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

I guess kind of an odd question from abroad:
I've seen the charismatic christian connection of Scott Morrison mentioned a couple of times in the thread, to Hillsong Church, but how influential are those circles in Australian politics anyway? Hillsong has been something that pops up even here (Finland) if you follow the pretty much charismatic christian TV channel we have here - no local Hillsong churches, but worship and music pops up on that channel occasionally.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I am so very happy this morning. Morrison is really the worst kind of person.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Libs lose, greens pick up seats, the electorate sends a message that climate must be taken seriously, I was able to personally cast a vote to get rid of frydenberg, don't have to see Scott's face anymore. :unsmith:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
I am reasonably satisfied with this result. See you at the next one.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Ahhhh good morning. I might go have a walk to enjoy the progressive hellscape that is now Australia.

ABC seem to have revered a few calls, only 50 seats for LNP, 72 Labor, 15 OTH and 14 in doubt.

Bloodbath not over yet :D

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"

Lunsku posted:

I've seen the charismatic christian connection of Scott Morrison mentioned a couple of times in the thread, to Hillsong Church, but how influential are those circles in Australian politics anyway? Hillsong has been something that pops up even here (Finland) if you follow the pretty much charismatic christian TV channel we have here - no local Hillsong churches, but worship and music pops up on that channel occasionally.

Not sure Hillsong holds much sway with voters outside maybe a couple of seats. Morrison was one of those political operators who will tell you he has loved doing something or supporting something his entire life but actually his PR team told him to do it a week ago. Like him using the horrific treatment of Sri Lankan refugees was spun into a tale of him learning to cook Sri Lankan curries. I always thought the Morrison's support was more to do with Hillsong's place as a growing Christian group which he was trying to latch onto. That the (former) head of Hillsong was accused of sexual misconduct was no surprise as they seem to be more of a capitalist cancer rather than a new type of faith.

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Hey the terror is a coping strategy after having been traumatised by too many elections. This is loving amazing though.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lizard Combatant posted:

I am reasonably satisfied with this result. See you at the next one.

LIZARDMASTER

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Looking forward to the incoming barrage of interest rate rises being blamed firmly on this election result though.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
lmao at Keneally losing her seat, the cherry on top of an incredible night for progressives.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

Eediot Jedi posted:

lol my extremely safe nationals seat is now an even more extremely safe nationals seat

Mallee? We're so embarrassing.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

hambeet posted:

LIZARDMASTER

Lol still got that classic av.
Never stop stirring, HB

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

screaden posted:

Mallee? We're so embarrassing.

yes lmao, and we have proportionally high UAP and ON votes, strong growth for both. What a wasteland.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

Eediot Jedi posted:

yes lmao, and we have proportionally high UAP and ON votes, strong growth for both. What a wasteland.

I thought that might happen, there were so loving many UAP signs around, and a huge almost billboard sign on one of the buildings in my town.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Lunsku posted:

Unlike America, because of preferential and compulsory voting, passion in Australia does not equal winning votes. The religious right tend to be far more influential at voluntary levels of Australian voting, largely preselection for the state and national Liberal party. The same goes broadly for Trumpist-style politics in Australia.

Which has lead to the current problems of the New South Wales branch of the Liberal party where the party leadership has been trying massage or ignore democratic preselection results to stop absolute unelectable maniacs being selected for state and national polls.

The radicalisation of the right in Australia has lead to some very real problems in electability of the LIberal party and the teal independents have shown that you don't have to "work with in the system" of the Liberal party to get moderates elected. An essential impossibility under America's first past the post system.

At least, that's how I understand it.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Gentleman Baller posted:

lmao at Keneally losing her seat, the cherry on top of an incredible night for progressives.

What is (was) the problem with Keneally?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

congrats on legalise cannabis making a show in the senate in every state, especially in greensland

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Good morning to my fellow comrades in Greensland.

huh posted:

She sucks lol

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

huh posted:

NSW Labor tried to parachute her into a safe seat that she has zero connection to and hosed over a very popular local named Tu Le. She has then been vocally anti refugee in an electorate with a lot of people that fled Vietnam and the Middle East and thus she got smashed in the seat by an Independent named Dai Le. Dai Le isn't great as she's mostly just a dodgy former Liberal running as an Independent but ALP being able to form government without the seat of Fowler is a massive win.

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

huh posted:

The only campaigning I heard her do was her talking about how she will kick refugees even harder than Dutton. She absolutely sucks.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Thank you and congratulations to all the Greens volunteers and everyone else who worked for this result

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gentleman Baller posted:

Love it

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Zero seats for PHON and UAP so far, lmao

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Lunsku posted:

Not really influential at all. Morrison's Pentecostalism is just something he happens to be into, and outside of a few too-online Labor ideologues who think he was trying to usher in the Handmaid's Tale, nobody gives a poo poo. Australians are generally pretty tolerant of religious PMs despite the nation on the whole being probably as irreligious as the Nordic countries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Kenneally was also a shithouse Premier.