Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Never leave, Rogic

For all the slagging he got at the start of the season, Starfelt is a very very good defender. Taylor suits the system really well, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Actually overwhelmed at how big a difference has been made at Celtic, I used to think all we needed was a competent manager but to call Ange Postegcoglu that is doing him a disservice. What he's done here is something special, really hope we have the energy to grab that title with both hands now but what a position to be in.

JayhawkCSC
Sep 18, 2012
Me right now...

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Hibs are poo poo.

Livingstone are poo poo and I'm glad we don't have to play them again.

St Johnstone are poo poo.

Celtic today :eyepop:

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
This buying strikers and integrating them seems like it’s cheating somehow.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Rangers are amazing

Celtic are bottlers

Hibs are poo poo and have sacked their manager again

Hearts are in Europe

gently caress knows what Aberdeen are up to

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I don't know what's going on with Aberdeen either. I'm hopeful that Goodwin can cut some of the dead weight and shite signings of the past few years, but it remains to be seen whether he can actually shape a squad with an identity.

The manner of Considine's departure was a disappointment too. My dream of him becoming a coach, then manager, then chairman is over.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Aberdeen continue to be poo poo.

https://twitter.com/Calbell0/status/1517884458107654147

Also lol at Charlie Adam, who seems to age five years every time I see him.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Roy
Keane
Managed
Ryan
Porteous

Slap it on a banner and sell the TV rights for £3bn a season

https://twitter.com/footyaccums/status/1518621442673455105?s=21&t=4swoo6d1n51e2srqow06ig

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Chas McGill posted:

I don't know what's going on with Aberdeen either. I'm hopeful that Goodwin can cut some of the dead weight and shite signings of the past few years, but it remains to be seen whether he can actually shape a squad with an identity.

The manner of Considine's departure was a disappointment too. My dream of him becoming a coach, then manager, then chairman is over.

We have a poo poo aging team. Was always going to happen, anyone could have seen it coming, but they tried to plug the leaks with loan signings and then didn't play them properly. I'd keep Besuijen, Ramsay, Ferguson, and McCrorie. Everyone else needs kicked to the fuckin curb.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Think Stryjek tried but misunderstood his brief?

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Coohoolin posted:

We have a poo poo aging team. Was always going to happen, anyone could have seen it coming, but they tried to plug the leaks with loan signings and then didn't play them properly. I'd keep Besuijen, Ramsay, Ferguson, and McCrorie. Everyone else needs kicked to the fuckin curb.

Hasn't Ramirez been decent for you?

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Her Dryer posted:

Hasn't Ramirez been decent for you?

Eh. Briefly, he seems to have stopped giving a poo poo and reportedly wants to move back to the states. Don't blame him.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Coohoolin posted:

Eh. Briefly, he seems to have stopped giving a poo poo and reportedly wants to move back to the states. Don't blame him.

His missus seems to love Aberdeen though?

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I remember thinking a good Christian boy would find it tough here.

He was amazing compared to the ultimate fraud...JET

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61247128

That's uh, an interesting selection of Celtic players. Everyone loves Big Tam but literally no one has suggested he was Player of the Year.

Can see Gordon winning it.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Total Meatlove posted:

His missus seems to love Aberdeen though?

No idea. He keeps saying he wants back home. Meh.

And yes what the hell was JET playing at lmao

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Coohoolin posted:

No idea. He keeps saying he wants back home. Meh.

And yes what the hell was JET playing at lmao

She posted up on Instagram about how living in Aberdeen showed her how spoilt Americans were.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Total Meatlove posted:

She posted up on Instagram about how living in Aberdeen showed her how spoilt Americans were.

I saw that, I assumed she meant gently caress this grey place lmao

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Niall Mcginn and Dylan McGeoch were in the pub tonight for my gig. At closing time Dylan managed to find an umbrella and was dancing around doing singing in the rain covers, then called me big man and said my set was brilliant.

Thassa win.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Five derby games this season. Two wins and a draw for Celtic and Rangers.

Celtic looking almost certainly like they're winning a league and cup double after being a disaster last year.

Rangers within a stone's throw of a European final and might win the Scottish Cup too.

Is this the rare instance where both teams can look back and say they've had a good season?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Her Dryer posted:

Five derby games this season. Two wins and a draw for Celtic and Rangers.

Celtic looking almost certainly like they're winning a league and cup double after being a disaster last year.

Rangers within a stone's throw of a European final and might win the Scottish Cup too.

Is this the rare instance where both teams can look back and say they've had a good season?

Think for having been ahead, it’ll be a disappointment to have had Celtic claw their way back. Even with the caveats of changing manager etc.

Could still do with some helicopters.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/rangersfc/status/1521412975042646017?s=21&t=ah3YrGC_CdX2u3niAEJepw

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Minutes applause across Scottish football for this Scottish Football legend. RIP.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
:nws:https://twitter.com/footballerswith/status/1521501922582278144?s=20&t=UXFEmvhbRYgPyGsQLrQzfg:nws:

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

I’m fairly sure he had that mug

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
loving yas

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

goodnight sweet princes

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

RIP Cowdenbeath, you were poo poo for ages and now you are dead*

*getting relegated to the lowland league

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Her Dryer posted:

goodnight sweet princes

It's like the 3 stages of hair loss

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Rough paper round in Fintry.

In other news

Hibs (and Aberdeen) are poo poo

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Went to the Edinburgh City FC - Annan Athletic playoff. First in-person game I've been to in ages and the rain was outrageous.

Pretty good game with a couple of nice goals though
https://twitter.com/bbcalba/status/1524115668752289794?s=20&t=0MdFR1nLL1T9Dbzxpi7Wsg
https://twitter.com/bbcalba/status/1524112440442736640?s=20&t=0MdFR1nLL1T9Dbzxpi7Wsg

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
I don't think I've known a lower time as a Celtic fan than the year before this one. Worse moments maybe, but as a general prolonged period, even the Mowbray season wasn't as bad. We looked like a club in total shambles with no obvious way out. Years of poor transfers, complacency and arrogance that leaked from the top down to the pitch.

When Howe knocked up back and we ended up appointing an unknown fat Aussie instead, it looked like it would at best be a transitional season, at worst another disaster with Rangers running away with it again. Within the first couple of months we'd made an arse of CL qualifying again and lost 3 of our first 6 league games, our worst start to a league this millennium. We hadn't won an away game in seven months. Our best players (Edouard, Ajer) had left while Rangers had kept all of their team. It was meant to be our turn for the Banter Years.

We just won the league with a game to spare, having went unbeaten in the league since September, and with a League Cup in the bag as well, at the exact same ground we lost the championship last season.

I have no idea if Big Ange will be able to keep improving us, or if we'll collapse into an exhausted mess, but he deserves so much credit for sticking to his guns about his tactics, signings etc and pulling it out of the bag against a clearly very good Rangers side.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Her Dryer posted:

Never leave, Rogic

https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky/status/1525455077493940224

:(

Also lol at Giakoumakis finishing joint top scorer despite only starting something like ten games.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Edinburgh City were promoted to League 1. Great time to be a plastic. Arguably better football than what the dons have been serving up lately as well.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
I did not expect Jim Goodwin to make Aberdeen even worse than they already were.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Aberdeen finish the season in 10th place, the lowest position for them since 2004. Surely they can't be that abject next season?

Hibs won 4-0 but are still poo poo. St Johnstone will probably still beat ICT in the play-offs. Killie and their shite plastic pitch are back up, was nice to go a league season without them.

Hearts are finishing the season terribly, Rangers will almost certainly win the Scottish cup for the first time since 2009. I'd make them realistic favourites for the EL as well, meaning we could have two Scottish teams in the CL group stages for the first time since 2007. I said it further up the page and I stand by it, it's the first time since that 2007 season when you could say both Celtic and Rangers have had good seasons. Interesting to see what both teams do with Champions League money.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Pretty much the only way next season could be worse is if we're actually relegated. I don't live in Aberdeen anymore so I don't have a season ticket, I'd be raging if I did.

Obviously Rangers and Celtic are completely untouchable with their budgets, but it's crazy how much Aberdeen and Hibs have underperformed relative to other teams with even smaller budgets. Bad recruitment, bad managers, no identifiable style of play. The glimmer of hope is that some decent youngsters have come through.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lmao at making 2 of these urging supporters to behave themselves

https://twitter.com/RangersFC/status/1526107730645327873?s=20&t=DWJUwt-cmeu2YIW4lHAK9g
https://twitter.com/RangersFC/status/1525877740271960064?s=20&t=DWJUwt-cmeu2YIW4lHAK9g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

At least we won something :woop: