Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Jarla :finland:

Finnish Prez Niinistö and FM Haavisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Partygate and No 10 restructuring – Boris Johnson has shaken up his No 10 operation in response to criticism of its oversight in the interim Sue Gray report"

Telegraph:

World has just ten weeks' worth of wheat left after Ukraine war

Matt:

Monkeypox outbreak linked to superspreader event at adult sauna

Independent:

After Luis Melendez.

The i paper:

Times:

Rishi Sunak becomes first frontline politician to join The Sunday Times Rich List

Stephen Collins:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

ha! it funny when the big fat man wear the woman clothes

clay do you think you are helping

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

also apparently some drama around the Pulitzer Prize for Editorial Cartooning quietly changing its name to include general illustration after not awarding it to anyone last year

https://twitter.com/AAEC_Cartoonist/status/1527692509115301894

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

Glad to see that it's not just my country that suffers. It's pretty much the perfect storm: Everyone wants to travel because they've spent two years in a pandemic. Passports are now biometric and need a chip to function, but because of the pandemic the manufacturers are struggling to meet demands. And then a major bank decide that people need legitimitate themselves to keep their accounts, and the main identification that most people have are passports.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Alhazred posted:

Glad to see that it's not just my country that suffers. It's pretty much the perfect storm: Everyone wants to travel because they've spent two years in a pandemic. Passports are now biometric and need a chip to function, but because of the pandemic the manufacturers are struggling to meet demands. And then a major bank decide that people need legitimitate themselves to keep their accounts, and the main identification that most people have are passports.

actually I think you'll find that it's because all the UK civil servants are lazy and having naps all day working from home, and need to go back into work in the office because covid is over. this is what normal man of the people and definitely not a human caricature of the upper class jacob rees-mogg has told us and who are we to doubt him, plebs that we are

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

MOGG is a P.G.Wodehouse character that gained sapience and got really angry at a world that doesn't revolve around him, is he?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

You can't get an emergency passport at the airport in the UK? A lassiez passer at least?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Raised By Birds posted:

Tony Branco

loving "Technoking."

:laffo: perfect timing while Elon continues on his Meltdown May posts, already aged like milk

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
it's already come out that the reason Elon "came out" as a republican was that that morning he'd gotten a phone call from a journalist investigating a sexual harassment allegation

of course everyone smarter than Branco already figured out that the reason had to be at least that stupid, but lmao that he went ahead and put his credulity on display

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Elon hangs up the phone. "gently caress, who will support a serial sex abuser?" Then he laughs and slaps his forehead. "Oh duh, the toxic freaks who are already latched onto my dick!"

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

it's already come out that the reason Elon "came out" as a republican was that that morning he'd gotten a phone call from a journalist investigating a sexual harassment allegation

of course everyone smarter than Branco already figured out that the reason had to be at least that stupid, but lmao that he went ahead and put his credulity on display
No it's because Branco loves sexual abusers if they remind him of an abusive father.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

What?

I'm genuinely confused. Democrats are making fossil fuels more expensive and that's slowly cooking America? But electric vehicles aren't boiling?

Is this one of those things where it only makes sense if you think that electric vehicles are inherently bad?

i think it’s just a straight up simple “electric vehicles are equally as bad as gasoline, actually, so once we switch to them because of gas prices we’ll get boiled anyway”

edit: should refresh the thread before replying

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Brawnfire posted:

Elon hangs up the phone. "gently caress, who will support a serial sex abuser?" Then he laughs and slaps his forehead. "Oh duh, the toxic freaks who are already latched onto my dick!"
I was under the impression that the vast majority of weird nerds who worship Musk don't ID as republicans.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Xander77 posted:

I was under the impression that the vast majority of weird nerds who worship Musk don't ID as republicans.
They ID as libertarians, or "I used to be left before the wokesters pushed me into being a fascist". So they all vote Republican.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fister Roboto posted:

What?

I'm genuinely confused. Democrats are making fossil fuels more expensive and that's slowly cooking America? But electric vehicles aren't boiling?

Is this one of those things where it only makes sense if you think that electric vehicles are inherently bad?

Seems pretty clear to me, Lester seems to recognize that the fundamental issue at play here is that the status quo of scores of millions of any type of automobile being manufactured yearly to be deployed to cities and communities built entirely and exclusively with automobile transport in mind isn't sustainable in itself, and moving to EVs just represents the death throes of the present order. The Dems are acting as good far left revolutionaries by forcing the contradiction to a head so it may be resolved before it is allowed to fester to a point where it cannot be fixed without killing the host.

I mean surely the alternative interpretation - that EVs aren't any better for unspecified reasons, thus Biden should twist the GAS PRICE dial back from $ to $ and thus fixing everything - can't be right, that'd be a kindergartener's view of the world and Lester is a serious political thinker

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

Xander77 posted:

You can't get an emergency passport at the airport in the UK? A lassiez passer at least?

No, you cannot.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

I've been staring at this for a couple minutes, and I still have no clue what the message here is.

Kellies Nomination: Most Incomprehensible

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I'm sure it makes a lot more sense for the intended audience of dummies

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Boiling Frog is a saying for slowly worsening conditions are less likely to be realized than instantly making things bad. So Democrats are increasing the “heat” (cost) of fossils immediately to get the frog to move over to electric?

Gas prices are not going up slowly, so no idea how else to read this.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Michigan J. Frog is feeling patriotic (flag hat) and attempting to impress the fossil fuel industry with his endurance to heat in order to secure a contract as a spokesperson.
A democrat regulator is lowering the heat to OSHA standards by spending money ($) and providing a safer alternative (electric vehicle)

Clock means hosed if I know

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
If you're already boiliing the frog what would be the point in making the frog move to another, different pot to...also boil it?

I kind of understand he's trying to pull a "You idiots EVs are also too expensive so they won't solve high gas prices" but the analogy is nonsensical.

Pants Donkey posted:

Boiling Frog is a saying for slowly worsening conditions are less likely to be realized than instantly making things bad. So Democrats are increasing the “heat” (cost) of fossils immediately to get the frog to move over to electric?

Gas prices are not going up slowly, so no idea how else to read this.

Right, the Dems in the cartoon are turning up the heat (gas prices) really high so the frog isn't getting acclimated to try and get it into the Electric Vehicle pot. But why? If they want to boil the frog, they already have it in that pot. Why not just boil it in that pot? Why move it to another pot where they can boil it slowly when they could just be boiling it slowly right now?

It makes absolutely no loving sense. So I'm going to second this.

Kellies Nomination: Most Incomprehensible

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
Like the belief that a frog won't notice if water it is sitting in is slowly boiled, the premise of all of Mike Lester's opinions is factually incorrect. AGC.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Only thing I can reckon is the government is jacking up the cost of fossil fuels through various means in an effort to get the frog (the consumer?) to jump to the electric vehicles pot because it's cheaper. Once there, the government--being a government and, as such, only there to suck money out of people and businesses through taxes and regulations--will then begin to turn up the cost of electric vehicles and electricity and stuff I guess.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Nomination: most pathetic

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It's so good

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Two week delay strikes again.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Varvel has really stepped up his Total Piece Of poo poo game this year.
Doesn't quite come together enough to be an all-timer, but I really love the concept here.

I thought this was an edit on first glance.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Morrison got kicked out, so I'm very much looking forward to the next batch of aussie cartoons.

Leak, son of Leak will have the best tears.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

skeleton warrior posted:

Morrison got kicked out, so I'm very much looking forward to the next batch of aussie cartoons.

Leak, son of Leak will have the best tears.
Labor somehow managed not to gently caress it up again.

(Someone in the thread said the elections would be on Sunday, so I didn't even check)

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Sorry I've been mega busy since Thursday. Here's Friday's comics:

China Daily

by Luo Jie

Le Monde

by Heng from Singapore. Lianhe Zaobao is also credited, though I'm not sure why.
Apparently Sri Lanka is not doing well.

Charlie Hebdo

International day for biological diversity

The Maltese press is doing well.
It's circulating freely and safely.

Minimum-wage earners, Minimum Wage-earners...
Enjoy the sales!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

:ironicat:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Clay Bennett

Steve Breen

Jeff Danziger

John Deering

Al Goodwyn

Phil Hands

Clay Jones

Marshall Ramsey

Drew Sheneman

Tom Stiglich

Tony Branco

quote:

Code Blue: In hopes of saving his party from disaster in the next election, Biden is using racial division to revive their chances.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Oh gently caress off centrist.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The far left absolutely wants abortions to be rare (because ideally free and easily accessed birth control options would stop things getting to the point that an abortion is necessary)

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

as a far left strawman, i love getting an abortion just for the thrill of the hunt

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Nah, I'm the far left strawman that just keeps having kids to increase my welfare money checks so I can keep not working.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

:kstare:Sinfest Sunday!:kstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Ah yes, that famous Chinese man, Elon Musk.

"'I'm so angry that Larry Krasner isn't locking up all the minorities! - a black man' - a white man"