Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

mosaic tiles are cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Ruby Gloom posted:

hahaha girlsid is honestly the best, what a boss (it is one of my favourite songs too)

guys should i buy the new evil dead game yes/no/butts

I was thinking same thing if it goes on sale but then eeeeew Epic so I'm in the maybe camp

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

I was thinking same thing if it goes on sale but then eeeeew Epic so I'm in the maybe camp

yeah the only thing making me go "hmm maybe" is they have a 25% off voucher right now for anything over 14.99 and it brings the deluxe version down to like 35. i'm guessing "season pass" is like, monthly dlc or something?

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Ruby Gloom posted:

yeah the only thing making me go "hmm maybe" is they have a 25% off voucher right now for anything over 14.99 and it brings the deluxe version down to like 35. i'm guessing "season pass" is like, monthly dlc or something?

Yeah season pass is usually dlc which could be good for playable content but usually just means unlimited pants

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

It looks like a game where you really would want to play with friends rather than pubbies tbh. I really like evil dead in general though

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I only own ~5 blu rays and Ash vs Evil dead is one of them

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

Yeah season pass is usually dlc which could be good for playable content but usually just means unlimited pants

hey let's not look an unlimited pants horse in the mouth

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Ruby Gloom posted:

hey let's not look an unlimited pants horse in the mouth

Ash Bell bottom smiley
Ash Flair bottom tie dye
Arthur Slim fit acid wash
Kelly Lycra rockers

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Our second season is underway, and our new posters are getting mixed into the thread.

DeadFatDuckFat has quickly become a short-yardage weapon both as a runner and receiver, as evidenced by the fact that we are punting approximately 0 times per game this year, as opposed to approximately twice per game last year. He’s also a legit goal-line weapon, as seen in his game-winning touchdown against the vaunted PYF Comics defense in week 2…

After a shaky start, Waterbed Wendy found her groove, and has become the most feared deep threat in Something Awful dot com, logging 26 touchdowns in our first 12 games, routinely going for over 150 yards per game. Her speed also allows TIP to utilize his arm strength to stretch the field, letting Wendy log an astonishing 9 touchdowns of 50+ yards, including this 69-yarder against the Hockey Player thread…

Ruby Gloom began to contribute to our defense immediately, and is on pace for a 100 tackle season. More importantly she’s been able to contribute with a couple of timely interceptions, which is crucial now that our high-octane offense forces other threads to pass all the time—against our lackluster secondary. You don’t get to play (or even see) defenses in this game, but every once in a while a kudo sneaks through…

Sadly, despite our high-powered additions, we sit at 8-4, in second place in GBS, beneath Pig Balls, and fighting for our playoff lives. Our schedule has been tough, but manageable: Pig Balls (L 14-17), Cursed Images (W 14-11), PYF Comics thread (W 21-7), Homebrewing Thread (L 28-29), SAS Hockey Player Thread (W 34-7), the Americana thread (W 21-0), the BYOB Traveling Spaceship (L 21-28), the PYF Action Figure Thread (W 22-7), Cursed Images thread (33-21), FYAD Flag thread (34-14), TGO Bicycle Thread (W 30-18), and the BYOB Hello Welcome & Chat thread (L 28-14)

Our lackluster season can be partly blamed on injuries that sidelined both Revins and Wendy for a few games, and partly blamed on the dynamic difficulty making the game more challenging as our thread gets better. Also on the maturity issues that continue to plague our locker room…

With one unexpected bright spot…

Still, we have a bye week coming up to get rested and ready for a playoff push.

Prof. Crocodile fucked around with this message at 17:52 on May 21, 2022

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Fuckin po po

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

Kelly Lycra rockers

:hmmyes:

although if there's "Pablo Jorts" i am immediately returning the game

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

The head of my pick axe flung off while I was gardening this morning. That was pretty terrifying. Thankfully I wasn't injured, but that was a pretty stupid move on my part.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Lol

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Sankara posted:

The head of my pick axe flung off while I was gardening this morning. That was pretty terrifying. Thankfully I wasn't injured, but that was a pretty stupid move on my part.

Wait, what was rhe stupid move on your part? Using the pickaxe without proper training/certification or maybe using outside its intended purpose....?

Are you sure it's not a mattock?? Sometimes that happens.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The unidentified substance turned out to be some strange British food.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

Zil posted:

The unidentified substance turned out to be some strange British food.

i was off my tits on deep fried Mars bars and irn bru

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
the only movies I have on blu-ray are fargo and predator 1 and 2 (in a collection). I never got into collecting movies on physical media, I was always content to uh, use the computer to access them until streaming services became a thing

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

if you're only going to have a couple things on blu-ray I think one could do far worse

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I'm playing rimworld and I'm up to 9 colonists (plus two who have died) and all of them have been female by sheer chance. I was wondering why absolutely no one was hooking up and its because they're all ladies I didn't even realize

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Revins posted:

I'm playing rimworld and I'm up to 9 colonists (plus two who have died) and all of them have been female by sheer chance. I was wondering why absolutely no one was hooking up and its because they're all ladies I didn't even realize

That doesn't mean anything my dude! Even if they are not "gay" they can still hook up but might or might not decide to be in a relationship. It depends on the climate, state of the colony, mood, etc.

You playing vanilla or with any mods?

E: I shouldn't say "it doesn't mean anything" it just doesn't mean they have 0% chance of hooking up

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

That doesn't mean anything my dude! Even if they are not "gay" they can still hook up but might or might not decide to be in a relationship. It depends on the climate, state of the colony, mood, etc.

You playing vanilla or with any mods?

E: I shouldn't say "it doesn't mean anything" it just doesn't mean they have 0% chance of hooking up

mostly vanilla I guess? I have a small modlist of QOL stuff and mods that add more clothing and weapon types, plus rimefeller and rimatomics

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

there were some gaps in their DNA we had to fill in with frog, so don't be surprised if they aren't all ladies when you check back

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I only own ~5 blu rays and Ash vs Evil dead is one of them

it was such a good series and i was so mad it got cancelled :mad:

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Ruby Gloom posted:

it was such a good series and i was so mad it got cancelled :mad:

I was honestly surprised we got as much as we did, 3 seasons is pretty good!

after they released that crappy evil dead remake I figured the era of ash was over so I was super happy/surprised when it got made

ok maybe the evil dead remake isn't crappy, it's not like it was incompetent, just not at all an evil dead movie and I found it needlessly grim and gross in a very unfun way

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

TIP posted:

I was honestly surprised we got as much as we did, 3 seasons is pretty good!

after they released that crappy evil dead remake I figured the era of ash was over so I was super happy/surprised when it got made

ok maybe the evil dead remake isn't crappy, it's not like it was incompetent, just not at all an evil dead movie and I found it needlessly grim and gross in a very unfun way

yeah it was fine as a stand alone horror movie but it wasn't an evil dead movie except for "oh no evil book"

there's a new one coming out set in a city instead of the woods and ehh idk

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Wait, what was rhe stupid move on your part? Using the pickaxe without proper training/certification or maybe using outside its intended purpose....?

Are you sure it's not a mattock?? Sometimes that happens.

It felt wrong when I picked it up, but instead of trusting myself, I just shrugged it off. I got invasive species to remove!

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Ruby Gloom posted:

yeah it was fine as a stand alone horror movie but it wasn't an evil dead movie except for "oh no evil book"

there's a new one coming out set in a city instead of the woods and ehh idk

I googled this and learned that a year after ash vs evil dead was cancelled (2019) raimi said that he was still interested in making a new evil dead with bruce campbell

goddamn I would be so happy if they did it

the wikipedia article did note that bruce previously said he was retired from the character but lol I don't believe for a second he'd turn down a starring role in a raimi movie

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

TIP posted:

I googled this and learned that a year after ash vs evil dead was cancelled (2019) raimi said that he was still interested in making a new evil dead with bruce campbell

goddamn I would be so happy if they did it

the wikipedia article did note that bruce previously said he was retired from the character but lol I don't believe for a second he'd turn down a starring role in a raimi movie

i would die a happy woman if they got him on board for another Evil Dead

i also just watched Black Friday and he basically plays Ash in a cardigan

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Ruby Gloom posted:

i would die a happy woman if they got him on board for another Evil Dead

i also just watched Black Friday and he basically plays Ash in a cardigan

at first I thought you meant the TV show but it turns out that's called black monday, I was confused as to how ash in a cardigan would fit into 80s stock market shenanigans

how was the movie? worth watching?

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

TIP posted:

at first I thought you meant the TV show but it turns out that's called black monday, I was confused as to how ash in a cardigan would fit into 80s stock market shenanigans

how was the movie? worth watching?

ehhhhhh it started out with a lot of promise but then kinda lost it midway. the practical effects were good and felt very evil dead-y, the non practical effects were.. something. bruce campbell was the best thing in it, and it was weird to see devon sawa as a grown up.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

If you want to see elderly Bruce Campbell battle the undead, I cannot recommend Bubba Ho Tep strongly enough.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

Prof. Crocodile posted:

If you want to see elderly Bruce Campbell battle the undead, I cannot recommend Bubba Ho Tep strongly enough.

:hmmyes:

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

you ever have something trigger a memory of a nightmare you had the night before that you hadn't remembered? and then you have a visceral rush of fresh horror from the flashback?

I don't like it

not a fan

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

TIP posted:

you ever have something trigger a memory of a nightmare you had the night before that you hadn't remembered? and then you have a visceral rush of fresh horror from the flashback?

I don't like it

not a fan

Yes. Anxiety is a real rear end in a top hat

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Zil posted:

Yes. Anxiety is a real rear end in a top hat

:respek:

my nightmares used to be so much worse though so I can't complain too much

it's been a couple years since I've woken up screaming, which is weird to look at as a little victory but it is :v:

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i have decided against buying the evil dead game because you have to play with other people and my bff who would normally play is now too busy being a cryptobro :mad:

also what up 5KPT what are we all doing tonight?

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Revins posted:

mostly vanilla I guess? I have a small modlist of QOL stuff and mods that add more clothing and weapon types, plus rimefeller and rimatomics

Nice! Sounds like fun, I am rooting that your colonists are not brutalized and taken as slaves!

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Sankara posted:

It felt wrong when I picked it up, but instead of trusting myself, I just shrugged it off. I got invasive species to remove!

METAL

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

TIP posted:

I don't like it

not a fan

Same bro, sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Ruby Gloom posted:

i have decided against buying the evil dead game because you have to play with other people and my bff who would normally play is now too busy being a cryptobro :mad:

also what up 5KPT what are we all doing tonight?

Sauerkraut and chicken dumplings, homemade wine