Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Oh poo poo, I remember people saying 'nads. I don't hear that poo poo anymore. Pubes, neither. Pubes and 'nads, people were always talkin' about 'em.

In middle school I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

quote:

v'lu: no one gets an ccount. ill find it somewhere else.
darkhat: "rl"?! heh.
v'lu: but thanks anyways assholes.
silent bob (3: does this server need the "ignificant other" CD by limp bizkit?
v'lu: heh
v'lu: no
v'lu: limp bizkit blows monkey nards
darkhat: Leemp Beezkit
• Carth™ •: no no no
silent bob (3: compared to KoRn or RATM, yes they do
v'lu: uhh no

dated December 25, 1999

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sweH1131Vw0

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
mods please change my name to •: no no no

the more I look into this, the more I'm convinced that the scriptwriter of monster squad just made a fuckin typo and just had the kid roll with it, to the point that their retrospective documentary about the film is literally called "wolfman's got nards"

It's the absolute gem-ensconsced definition of a neologism and I love it

Also this entire conversation got me to buy a "Stephen King Rules" t-shirt today, so thanks

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

postmodifier posted:

t the scriptwriter of monster squad

Shane Black, somehow

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Shane Black, somehow

I should have known this, but it about 10,000% confirms my theory

Also that year was like the best loving year a guy in the industry could have had, predator, monster squad, and lethal weapon. All at the same time.

Too bad about iron man 3, I guess

Coulda used a nards reference when Harley shows up with the potato gun

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Iron Man 3 is probably the best MCU movie.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Iron Man 3 is probably the best MCU movie.

I literally just watched all 3 of them back to back to back last night and I can straight up just say no, no.

Iron man 2 is bar none the best thing the entire series has produced, across all five phases and beyond

Best jokes, best throughput, mickey rourke is a treasure, you get the one-off, it's a gorgeous bird

I've argued this in other places but mark my words, when George Lucas finally dies and Jon Favreau completely subsumes lucasfilm, we're gonna see some real goddamn 70s-rear end good cinema coming our way

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

credburn posted:

I remember Mrs. Doubtfire had a scene where a kid said something like, "I saw her peeing; she has nards." I was in a room full of girls and I was awkward and shy and like 10, and got embarrassed or something. My mother and her stupid loving friends would call me "nards" for years after that.

My mom called me dildo occasionally because I guessed the word meant idiot when asked.

For like 5 years.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

postmodifier posted:

I literally just watched all 3 of them back to back to back last night

:stare:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I've only ever seen any Marvel movie in a theater and never rewatched anything because that seems counterproductive.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Is there a list of all the movies and TV serieses in order somewhere. All I can find is "chronological" lists but gently caress those.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Is there a list of all the movies and TV serieses in order somewhere. All I can find is "chronological" lists but gently caress those.

If you just want a list, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Cinematic_Universe does it pretty handily, you just need to parse it

Disney+ has everything grouped by phases in order of release date, so that's a quick way to do it too

Other thing to note is that to date, there's almost no real interaction between television mcu and film mcu, it's all just easter egg bullshit, so it's not like you need to be invested in both to get the full picture

There's some weird crossover poo poo happening with daredevil in the latest spiderman film, but I don't see it going anywhere, much like all the Netflix properties

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Failed Imagineer posted:

"Have you met my son, Nards?"

Are you talking to me?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

postmodifier posted:

I literally just watched all 3 of them back to back to back last night and I can straight up just say no, no.

Iron man 2 is bar none the best thing the entire series has produced, across all five phases and beyond

Best jokes, best throughput, mickey rourke is a treasure, you get the one-off, it's a gorgeous bird

I've argued this in other places but mark my words, when George Lucas finally dies and Jon Favreau completely subsumes lucasfilm, we're gonna see some real goddamn 70s-rear end good cinema coming our way

The Jungle Book is loving extraordinary. The kid and Jon Favreau just made something magical together. People bitch about it and call it woke because they changed the elephants but the story is far darker than the first Disney one and ends up with a old school bambi vibe to it.

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
iron man 2 is tied for worst with thor 2, what are you smoking

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

thor 1 is way worse than iron man 2. sam rockwell alone gives it life

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I didn't like Iron Man 2 enough to watch it again outside the theater, and I plan to stand by this. I am prepared to die on this hill

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
I have a soft spot for Iron Man 2 because it has The Blue Beam of Science, the least scientifically accurate scene in any movie since The Core.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Carthag Tuek posted:

same here, but 15 posts ago

That's what I get for ignoring unlabeled youtube links

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Wasabi the J posted:

My mom called me dildo occasionally because I guessed the word meant idiot when asked.

For like 5 years.

Well, now I have this avatar. It's like she's always there. I mean my mom; not yours.

One thing I didn't figure out until I was halfway through my twenties is that there is no such thing as "spitting moths." My mother just had little water pistols she'd constantly shoot me with. Her and her stupid loving friends.

So on the topic of nards; I definitely heard nards from somewhere. I thought it was Mrs. Doubtfire. I've seen Monster Squad, but that scene doesn't seem familiar. In my head the word "nards" was associated with someone pretending to be a woman. Was there a scene like that in 3 Ninjas, maybe?

Time to scour the Internet for nards.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

credburn posted:

One thing I didn't figure out until I was halfway through my twenties is that there is no such thing as "spitting moths." My mother just had little water pistols she'd constantly shoot me with. Her and her stupid loving friends.

Every time I think I have a handle on the human race, someone manages to spring something entirely unprecedented on me

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Thor 2 sucks, but Thor is the only MCU stuff I'm still onboard for

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Iron Crowned posted:

Thor 2 sucks, but Thor is the only MCU stuff I'm still onboard for

Thor 2 is the only movie I think I dislike more than Thor but Ragnarok was good enough to change my feelings toward the franchise as a whole.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

DontMockMySmock posted:

I have a soft spot for Iron Man 2 because it has The Blue Beam of Science, the least scientifically accurate scene in any movie since The Core.

I love the blue beam of scienceness.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Philippe posted:

I love the blue beam of scienceness.

I just love the way he slowly rotates a mirror with a big pipe wrench, sweeping the beam across his lab cutting cabinets and poo poo in half, so that the beam can hit his tiny magic triangle, instead of simply picking up the triangle and putting it in the beam where the mirror is

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Gotta stop getting high before lab time

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

DontMockMySmock posted:

I just love the way he slowly rotates a mirror with a big pipe wrench, sweeping the beam across his lab cutting cabinets and poo poo in half, so that the beam can hit his tiny magic triangle, instead of simply picking up the triangle and putting it in the beam where the mirror is

That's how puzzles work! It's like you've never played a video game before, gawd :rolleyes:

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

it's a good thing he got that. . . schematic???. . . for the structure of a new "element" that was hidden in the scale model of the world's fair from his dad's office. 100% of that makes total sense

you know, that new element that he makes in his basement, when teams of thousands of nuclear physicists can't accomplish the same thing with particle colliders that are literally miles in diameter

his particle accelerator isn't even airtight. how does he get it up to speed with all that air in the way?

also it's a good thing that his dad was working on synthesizing a new element that would make his arc reactors work, for literally no reason because they already worked with palladium

a new element that is somehow stable for longer than a fraction of a second

also love how Tony designed a little blood-sugar-meter type device that measures the palladium(?) levels(?) in his blood on a completely arbitrary scale from 0 to 100 "percent". iirc the meter has the words "blood toxicity" written on it, despite the fact that this is a device built by tony for tony; who are these words for? (the audience)

also love how palladium poisoning mostly just gives him varicose veins

i maybe have spent a little too much time thinking about Iron Man 2

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

DontMockMySmock posted:

you know, that new element that he makes in his basement, when teams of thousands of nuclear physicists can't accomplish the same thing with particle colliders that are literally miles in diameter

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
If you haven't watched ant man or ant man and the wasp yet then I'd give it a miss tbh.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

learnincurve posted:

If you haven't watched ant man or ant man and the wasp yet then I'd give it a miss tbh.

they send me into a kind of fugue state where my consciousness detaches from my eyes and ears

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I liked Ant Man for the same reason I like Honey I Shrunk the Kids

I like seeing big things little and little things big

More movies in that vein would be nice

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Brawnfire posted:

I liked Ant Man for the same reason I like Honey I Shrunk the Kids

I like seeing big things little and little things big

More movies in that vein would be nice

Ant man loving owns and is the best of the marvel dreck

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Ant man loving owns and is the best of the marvel dreck

Second person itt to forget Thor Ragnarok exists

Feb 28, 2007

1️⃣
Just another number.

postmodifier posted:

mods please change my name to •: no no no

the more I look into this, the more I'm convinced that the scriptwriter of monster squad just made a fuckin typo and just had the kid roll with it, to the point that their retrospective documentary about the film is literally called "wolfman's got nards"

It's the absolute gem-ensconsced definition of a neologism and I love it

Also this entire conversation got me to buy a "Stephen King Rules" t-shirt today, so thanks

Fun fact: According to the Christian Bible, Mary Magdelene annointed Jesus' feet with nard juice.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

postmodifier posted:

Other thing to note is that to date, there's almost no real interaction between television mcu and film mcu, it's all just easter egg bullshit, so it's not like you need to be invested in both to get the full picture

There's some weird crossover poo poo happening with daredevil in the latest spiderman film, but I don't see it going anywhere, much like all the Netflix properties

For purposes of being clear, I’m assuming TV MCU is Daredevil/Jessica Jones/Iron Fist/Luke Cage/Defenders. Anything else like Scarlett Witch or Hawkeye are considered part of film MCU even though those were shows too, correct?

If so, Kingpin was in the Hawkeye show, also tying Daredevil to the film MCU. Daredevil/Matt Murdock is going to be in the new She-Hulk show. The both of them are going to be in the new Echo show that’s a spin-off of Hawkeye.

Those things are at least confirmed but there’s also rumors of a Daredevil show reboot that directly ties to into the main storyline.

It seems like at the very least Daredevil is being pushed up into the film level. But yeah the rest of them probably aren’t unless they’re just small bit parts.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Goddamn nerds talking about Marvel and ignoring the single best post in 363 pages.

Just look at this thing, it's magnificent:

credburn posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

credburn posted:

One thing I didn't figure out until I was halfway through my twenties is that there is no such thing as "spitting moths." My mother just had little water pistols she'd constantly shoot me with.
Your mom is cool as gently caress