Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Incidentally, I think Gamestops being everywhere was an issue for a while (even here!) because like a lot of big chains they'd bought out their competition and had a lot of redundant stores they were slow to close.

After they bought out Electronics Boutique, there was a solid 2 or 3 year run here where they kept the old EB in the (dying) mall open, as well as the newer GameStop in a strip mall literally less than 1/4 mile away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrankSinatra
Aug 25, 2011
Oh no, the thread made it to the page number most significant to all cryptocurrency people.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

DrankSinatra posted:

Oh no, the thread made it to the page number most significant to all cryptocurrency people.

well there were pages 1-17 as well

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

ikanreed posted:

Love to confess to crimes while still on probation

https://www.cacp.uscourts.gov/faq/general/23#:~:text=If%20you%20believe%20the%20individual,the%20officer%20of%20the%20day.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Welcome to the Bitcoin page.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

DrankSinatra posted:

But this isn't page zero, it is... oh.... oooohhhh. :stonk:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Paladinus posted:

Thank you.
Let me tip you some bitcoin for your kindness, is Luna ok?

/btip 0.0000000000000000001

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
whoa what just happened here

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Taking each invidious word in the 14 words and adding coin at the end to rug nazis

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

stock underflow error

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

posting on the cryptocurrency enthusiast page

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

We must purge all the nocoiners to secure the future of our digital pogs

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
https://twitter.com/BagdMilkSoWhat/status/1528046286162862081

Might send the investors packing.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

yeah 'cuz if there's one thing tesla stans care about, it's women getting sexually harassed

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

istewart posted:

After they bought out Electronics Boutique, there was a solid 2 or 3 year run here where they kept the old EB in the (dying) mall open, as well as the newer GameStop in a strip mall literally less than 1/4 mile away.

Where I grew up they had 2 Gamestops in the same mall after the buyout. It was like that for years. Funny thing was that they'd sometimes have different stuff and they didn't coordinate at all.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Didn't Radio Shack also suffer from having too many stores and thin margins? Or do I just remember them as having stores all over the place?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Musk also paid for his Tesla job title right? I hope they scrub his name/existence from their PR and company histroy stuff.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Foo Diddley posted:

yeah 'cuz if there's one thing tesla stans care about, it's women getting sexually harassed

i mean, tesla fell another 6.5% yesterday while nasdaq was mostly neutral (-0.3%). most investors aren't stans, and wall street investors in general are easily spooked.

edit: but the real reason that won't have an immediate impact is because it's a six month old news story

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 22, 2022

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Stock people and Elon stans are not a circle.

They do that poo poo for free

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Does Musk even drive himself ?

Surely when he drives rides his limo and Enrique is driving, its a nice rich people limo and not a Tesla. Also if he does drive one a closed course, surelly he's driving one of those legit nice multiple 100K$ car brands and not his own pos death trap?

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Where I grew up they had 2 Gamestops in the same mall after the buyout. It was like that for years. Funny thing was that they'd sometimes have different stuff and they didn't coordinate at all.

I bet that's the funniest poo poo, like they were both franchises that paid through the nose to have competing brands. Then one gets bought out, but the owners hate each other. Head office can't do poo poo either, as long as each franchise owner sticks to their contract.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

istewart posted:

there was a window in like 2005 where Florence SC had three in the same mall and one in the outbuilding in the parking lot

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

DrankSinatra posted:

:golfclap:

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches
Hodl Hitlercoin?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Hail Holder?

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
I was born and raised in a small fishing village called Seattle.

One car out of three is either a Tesla or an Audi.

eta: maybe one in five but that's hedging.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Please. Elon has more horses in the stable, ready to go. Now he's just waiting for judges to do *their* due diligence.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

[quote="notwithoutmyanus" post="523625799"]
Please. Elon has more horses in the stable, ready to go. Now he's just waiting for judges to do *their* due diligence.
[/

yeah but at whatcost.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

PhazonLink posted:

Does Musk even drive himself ?

Surely when he drives rides his limo and Enrique is driving, its a nice rich people limo and not a Tesla. Also if he does drive one a closed course, surelly he's driving one of those legit nice multiple 100K$ car brands and not his own pos death trap?

He doesn't drive himself (that's time that he could be shitposting on twitter) but among his few good qualities one is that he seems to not care about yacht & limo style luxury

so yes in vids I've seen of him showing stuff at spacex they're driving around in model X teslas

maybe he specially reserves cars that were first off the line just after a long weekend for himself, when the assembly workers are fresh and haven't been sexually harassed in a few days.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
He drove his stupid truck prototype in Malibu and ran over cones because lol visibility

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Paladinus posted:

lol

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

PhazonLink posted:

Musk also paid for his Tesla job title right? I hope they scrub his name/existence from their PR and company histroy stuff.
Not sure what that means. He actually is CEO.

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003
Posting on the Nazi page. gently caress fash

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Foo Diddley posted:

well there were pages 1-12 as well

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

NecroBob posted:

Posting on the Nazi page. gently caress fash

Miner Kampf

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Prettz posted:

Not sure what that means. He actually is CEO.

Musk paid to be called a "Founder" even though he came in late

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Deki posted:

Musk paid to be called a "Founder" even though he came in late

Lol you can do that??

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gutcruncher posted:

Lol you can do that??

When you buy a company you can make them agree to all sorts of poo poo like referring to you as a founder

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

shame on an IGA posted:

there was a window in like 2005 where Florence SC had three in the same mall and one in the outbuilding in the parking lot

The trend these days in dying malls seems to be leasing to multiple independently-owned screenprinting places that do not give a poo poo about copyright. I'm sure we all remember the Naruto episode where he was dressed in bootleg Supreme and chugging Hennessy; I know I want that on a t-shirt; thankfully these people can provide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Gutcruncher posted:

Lol you can do that??

i mean the twitter thread title was a joke/refference to that, but then the horse and dick thing happened.