Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Johnny Joestar posted:

if anyone else has the brainworms i did in enjoying stuff like the bee breeding in forestry then this game is literally pretty much taking the grand majority of those mechanics and made it into a full, coherent thing. just released today.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1390190/APICO/
Hey thanks. Really enjoyed the demo, forgot about waiting for the full version. Great to see it's finally out!
And I don't even like Forestry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I have some cursed AE2 recipe requiring quantum processor arrays in my Nomifactory setup, but I had shut down that line when I had moved on to the higher tier version of the circuits. Some recipe somewhere needs it as an intermediary on the way to my creative rf block recipe. I have an ME interface terminal and try to search for "quantum processor" but it blacks out as soon as I add a space after "quantum." I have some stuff still taking quantum circuits (the 1st tier) but it doesn't look like anything else taking the higher tiers. Can anybody think of any other means I would use to figure out what recipe I need to update to use what I have? My fallback is to just restore the line, but those circuit assembly line setups are so annoying to do.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Welp I think I broke my server. Tried to update ATM7 to the latest but the update itself broke everything. As far as I can tell, ATM7 uses cursemeta in its script to grab stuff off curse and as of a day or two ago cursemeta is dead so the install script just spits out a bunch of errors and I can't see any other way to actually boot the server by rolling back to my previous files.

Bit of a reach, but has anyone run into this? Or is the issue on my end? I'm grabbing the server files straight from curseforge but the server install script is just riddled with errors now.

EDIT: ok yeah cursemeta is super dead and i guess this is all because of curseforge fuckery. May have to rethink my mods and just go another route

Yeah the curse fuckery is really annoying. I switched to PolyMC (a fork of multiMC) and it seems to still be able to download stuff off curse. Not sure about a server install, but I assume any custom scripts and stuff stay the same so I guess you can install the latest client pack using the launcher and then cross-check and manually update any server specific mods

EDIT: well it seems like between literally last night and today this has also broken lol

Xun fucked around with this message at 18:42 on May 21, 2022

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Vib Rib posted:

Hey thanks. Really enjoyed the demo, forgot about waiting for the full version. Great to see it's finally out!
And I don't even like Forestry.

i feel like it helps that the bee stuff is the point instead of being tacked on as a weird side system that never truly fits in with the stuff around it like how it tends to end up in minecraft modpacks

so you get a more expanded focus on the idea of it surrounded by a game world that vaguely reminds me of a 2d slime rancher in a sense

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I have some cursed AE2 recipe requiring quantum processor arrays in my Nomifactory setup, but I had shut down that line when I had moved on to the higher tier version of the circuits. Some recipe somewhere needs it as an intermediary on the way to my creative rf block recipe. I have an ME interface terminal and try to search for "quantum processor" but it blacks out as soon as I add a space after "quantum." I have some stuff still taking quantum circuits (the 1st tier) but it doesn't look like anything else taking the higher tiers. Can anybody think of any other means I would use to figure out what recipe I need to update to use what I have? My fallback is to just restore the line, but those circuit assembly line setups are so annoying to do.
I remember having this issue and post-tank; To fix it, I pulled out and redid all my packager/unpackager recipes (which I needed to do anyway, to merge/move all recipes to my vastly expanded draconic array). I think it may have been a the fusion mk2 block?

I think it happens because packager/unpackager recipes don't use oredict, they use whatever specific item you encoded in there. So it's going to be some obscure packager recipe that you probably used once at the time and then never again.

Another thing you can do is build each piece individually until you find the one that won't build. I ended up building a lot of individual pieces and manually fitting them into the ultimate crafting recipe grid, as a way to partition the massive amount of new recipes I had to add into manageable chunks.

I also had a huge problem with the various levels of flux capacitors, I think there was some sort of autocraft bug and I ended up calculating the # required and manually building all of them via mechanical crafters myself. I had big issues in the generator line in the rainbow generator and I think may have crafted all those manually because I forgot to check the oredict button in the autocrafting recipe or something.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 23:06 on May 21, 2022

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

Xun posted:

Yeah the curse fuckery is really annoying. I switched to PolyMC (a fork of multiMC) and it seems to still be able to download stuff off curse. Not sure about a server install, but I assume any custom scripts and stuff stay the same so I guess you can install the latest client pack using the launcher and then cross-check and manually update any server specific mods

EDIT: well it seems like between literally last night and today this has also broken lol

GDLauncher too. I guess overwolf is finally trying to block 3rd party launchers?

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

VegasGoat posted:

GDLauncher too. I guess overwolf is finally trying to block 3rd party launchers?

yes. they're trying to force userbase lock-in through hostile user experience.

https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/qsapjk/curseforge_is_going_to_prevent_other_launchers/

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Seems like MultiMC will work if they incorporate the overwolf api into it.

Overwolfs slogan is basically 'Sure we USED to be lovely but we totally arent now.
After their software started having multiple exe files running and everyone started bitching that they've always been spyware.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Turns out it's a default settings problem. By default, curseforge modpacks won't allow other launchers to get the files. Authors can turn that off.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ATM already switched to now including all the mod files in the server files. cursemeta, which is how most of these bigpacks downloaded stuff, has been killed/discontinued because or curse fuckery.

So yeah that loving sucks. That said, I've been having a loving BLAST with ATM7. Between the biome diversity and a shitload of mods, there's just so much to do. I haven't even started building a base because I'm getting caught up. Buddy and I have been playing on a server I'm running and it's been super fun. Between all the engineering and mystic and custom poo poo you can build, there's always something to chase.

Stuff like backpack and upgradable chests would be welcome additions in vanilla. Ender chest + shulkers is basically how I roll in vanilla so having a better implemented options is nice. Oh yeah merging elytra with chest armor rules, I hated micromanaging that between exploring and fighting.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I hated micromanaging that between exploring and fighting.

That's one of my least favorite parts about space-related mods. I get that logically I should not be able to survive on Venus without a space suit but it's loving annoying.

Not as annoying as AE2 channels, but close.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Seems Curseforge released a non Overwolf client (i'm sure after many complaints).
Anyone tried it?

https://twitter.com/CurseForge/status/1526286254308044800

e: well, that was a letdown

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

McFrugal posted:

Turns out it's a default settings problem. By default, curseforge modpacks won't allow other launchers to get the files. Authors can turn that off.

You have this backwards. By default, third-party launchers are allowed. Some mod authors, being turds, have disabled this.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Holy loving poo poo, I thought the minecraft community was past this poo poo, but NOOOPE.
Come to think of it, this is probably worse now because of overwolf spyware and curse poo poo that's now required in all the modpacks they have.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
It's a loving brilliant move by overwolf- they don't have to be the bad guys, they can count on modders to be greedy bastards.

People are just talking about bringing back "mod piracy" on Reddit though. I wonder if solder is going to get a second wind. I suspect multimc has won the launcher wars, but it does support solder packs I believe

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Time for illegal mod packs to return then, folks.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
What a time for a Technic resurgence.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Why all the launchers anyway? Why can't all that stuff work just from regular ol official one?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Khanstant posted:

Why all the launchers anyway? Why can't all that stuff work just from regular ol official one?

You mean the minecraft launcher? You can't download modpacks with that.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
If you download each mod manually off the website and set up things to work yourself, sure. These programs do all that for you.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They would have to make something akin to the windows/console versions which would likely start costing us coins for modpacks.
Imagine how much a 200 mod pack would end up costing us if every mod wants money.

Sadly this is probably our best end option.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

modrinth is an alternative to cursewolf that looks promising.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Holy poo poo there's a version of Create for Fabric now? :psyduck:

e: ...not that I can get it to actually work, even with a pretty minimal setup. Seems like it shits itself and explodes in the presence of Iris.

MonkeyforaHead fucked around with this message at 09:11 on May 23, 2022

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Man, I'm staring down what I need to make some of these creative items in Rustic Waters 2 and wondering if I want to bother. I finished the controller to let me go home but some of these creative things, man.

There's not even a good entry point that makes the rest of them easier. Antimatter doesn't go into a creative fluid tank, etc.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

MonkeyforaHead posted:

Holy poo poo there's a version of Create for Fabric now? :psyduck:

e: ...not that I can get it to actually work, even with a pretty minimal setup. Seems like it shits itself and explodes in the presence of Iris.

Create does some Custom Rendering poo poo, so other mods that gently caress with the rendering pipeline might make it poop itself.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

rustic waters 2 question - how the hell do i get fluids into my FancyFluidStorage tank?

i've tried the IE pump with IE pipes - no dice. i've tried mekanism pipes and tanks - no joy. i've sloshed a bucket of crude oil directly into the valve and that works fine, so i could make some insane Create contraption that ladles the oil in by the bucket, but...

also for anyone playing, stuff tagged with "FFS Blacklist" is in fact supposed to be an FFS whitelist. those are the only blocks that work, rather than the only ones that don't work - sure was fun smashing all that glass for a 10x10x9 underwater tank.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Unfortunately I only used ender tanks/mekanism tanks/thermal's black hole tanks for liquid storage. :(

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

rustic waters 2 question - how the hell do i get fluids into my FancyFluidStorage tank?

i've tried the IE pump with IE pipes - no dice. i've tried mekanism pipes and tanks - no joy. i've sloshed a bucket of crude oil directly into the valve and that works fine, so i could make some insane Create contraption that ladles the oil in by the bucket, but...

also for anyone playing, stuff tagged with "FFS Blacklist" is in fact supposed to be an FFS whitelist. those are the only blocks that work, rather than the only ones that don't work - sure was fun smashing all that glass for a 10x10x9 underwater tank.

Have you tried Create pumps and pipes?

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Create pumps/pipes seem to be the only thing that works to pull lava out of cauldrons in the new infinite lava generation using dripstone.
I couldnt get either Pipez nor Mekanism liquid pipes to connect.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

I can't believe there's also a Fabric port of AE2 of all things, but not Storage Drawers. Ehh, maybe tackling AE2 on its own will let me appreciate the challenge involved.

On that note, does anyone know if there are any mods that make it more feasible to find certain ores (e.g. diamonds) without completely trivializing the process? Like some sort of scanner that requires a lot of power to use, or dowsing rod that you can ping the immediate area with but has a cooldown? Ideally for Fabric.

e: AE2 also doesn't like Iris :cripes:

MonkeyforaHead fucked around with this message at 00:23 on May 24, 2022

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

OgNar posted:

Create pumps/pipes seem to be the only thing that works to pull lava out of cauldrons in the new infinite lava generation using dripstone.
I couldnt get either Pipez nor Mekanism liquid pipes to connect.

Create is 'balanced' - spits - around being fun and letting you do neat poo poo. Mekanism is not.

That's why.

MonkeyforaHead posted:

I can't believe there's also a Fabric port of AE2 of all things, but not Storage Drawers. Ehh, maybe tackling AE2 on its own will let me appreciate the challenge involved.

I wonder if anyone's asked to Storage Drawers dev for a Fabric port?

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

dragonshardz posted:

I wonder if anyone's asked to Storage Drawers dev for a Fabric port?

Constantly, as is the case these days with every mod ever made. Occasionally he'll bother responding "no" to people who ask if there's a Fabric version, but seems to entirely ignore requests for a Fabric port.

It's perfectly understandable, as is my understanding Fabric is a whole other beast entirely and doesn't have the libraries that Forge does to facilitate the process, I'm just more surprised that AE2 with all its impenetrable complexity made the leap, and despite SD being open source nobody's taken up that particular mantle. There are a couple offshoots of Simplified Storage, but that's not quite what I'm after.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

MonkeyforaHead posted:

Constantly, as is the case these days with every mod ever made. Occasionally he'll bother responding "no" to people who ask if there's a Fabric version, but seems to entirely ignore requests for a Fabric port.

It's perfectly understandable, as is my understanding Fabric is a whole other beast entirely and doesn't have the libraries that Forge does to facilitate the process, I'm just more surprised that AE2 with all its impenetrable complexity made the leap, and despite SD being open source nobody's taken up that particular mantle. There are a couple offshoots of Simplified Storage, but that's not quite what I'm after.

AE2 was has a couple benefits - it was written by a total wizard who architected it brilliantly then handed it off, where it's been steadily maintained (with no feature changes to speak of) by some of the more talented modders in the community. Being open source for years with nobody keeping a stranglehold on it has meant a lot of people have had the freedom to tinker with its internal systems and get familiar. It's been smoothly updated with every MC version with little or no delay because of that, so when Fabric got mature it was the first big mod to get ported. It wasn't stable until some months ago due to some challenges with the rendering system.

Now that Create has been ported too, I'm hopeful that'll put to rest any ideas of Fabric not being able to do certain things. The speed of Fabric (or rather, the speed of its mostly-exclusive performance mods) makes it extremely appealing over Forge, but there's a ton of catching up to do on the mod front. Also seems like it'll have less of a problem overall with MC version upgrades, as an ecosystem.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Taffer posted:

AE2 was has a couple benefits - it was written by a total wizard who architected it brilliantly then handed it off, where it's been steadily maintained (with no feature changes to speak of) by some of the more talented modders in the community. Being open source for years with nobody keeping a stranglehold on it has meant a lot of people have had the freedom to tinker with its internal systems and get familiar. It's been smoothly updated with every MC version with little or no delay because of that, so when Fabric got mature it was the first big mod to get ported. It wasn't stable until some months ago due to some challenges with the rendering system.

Now that Create has been ported too, I'm hopeful that'll put to rest any ideas of Fabric not being able to do certain things. The speed of Fabric (or rather, the speed of its mostly-exclusive performance mods) makes it extremely appealing over Forge, but there's a ton of catching up to do on the mod front. Also seems like it'll have less of a problem overall with MC version upgrades, as an ecosystem.

And it also doesn't have the Forge turd who literally bullied jellysquid so hard she stopped making Forge mods.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

MonkeyforaHead posted:

try functional storage, mostly similar stuff with worse graphics.

refined storage is also a lot like AE1, which I kind of prefer. and there's Tom's simple shortage which is like an even simpler similar system that uses regular chests and such.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 07:16 on May 24, 2022

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
quote edit fuckup oops

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

Light Gun Man posted:

try functional storage, mostly similar stuff with worse graphics.

Ooh, this does look promising, thanks! ...this is a Forge mod :crossarms:

Light Gun Man posted:

refined storage is also a lot like AE1, which I kind of prefer.

While searching around I discovered that Refined Storage 2 is in the works with Fabric as its base, was recently made cross-compatible with Forge, and is intended to ultimately supplant RS1. That said, it's been over a year in the works, the github releases are split up into like 13 different .jar's that I'm terrified to mess with (probably not meant for public consumption yet), and seems to be lagging behind RS1 in updates. So, who knows.

MonkeyforaHead fucked around with this message at 08:54 on May 24, 2022

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

alright, another quick rustic waters 2 question - how do i persuade the TE fractionating stills to split crude oil into light/heavy oil, rather than make rocket fuel? there's NEI recipes for both and, vexingly, they both need crude fed into a still.

alternate question if that's not a thing - what can rocket fuel be used for? i've been greatly spoiled by the amazing gregtech NEI experience of "seamlessly telling you what everything is for", and going back to "uhhh you can use this fuel to fill a bucket with fuel" is a pain.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

i've been greatly spoiled by the amazing gregtech NEI experience of "seamlessly telling you what everything is for", and going back to "uhhh you can use this fuel to fill a bucket with fuel" is a pain.

The sheer amount of work the GTNH devs put into making NEI useful is really mind boggling. A few years ago, I couldn't even play that pack because of the 10-20 second delay between button presses updating the NEI panel, and now their custom additions make it better than JEI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

alright, another quick rustic waters 2 question - how do i persuade the TE fractionating stills to split crude oil into light/heavy oil, rather than make rocket fuel? there's NEI recipes for both and, vexingly, they both need crude fed into a still.

alternate question if that's not a thing - what can rocket fuel be used for? i've been greatly spoiled by the amazing gregtech NEI experience of "seamlessly telling you what everything is for", and going back to "uhhh you can use this fuel to fill a bucket with fuel" is a pain.

Rocket Fuel is for... putting into buckets and then shoving into the tank of your rockets that you make later. :v: If you aren't gearing up for space yet, stash the rocket fuel but your real prize out of that conversion is a renewable source of Bitumen to mix for Ethanol.

If you're used to Mekanism like I am and had a momentary panic attack of "WHERE IS MY GAS BURNING GENERATOR AAAA :supaburn:", don't forget that you can feed ethylene into rotary condenstrators and then a still and get equal parts ethanol (for your gas turbines) and ether gas (for your hydroponic beds).