Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Worked for the Nashville Sounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Soul Glo posted:

Worked for the Nashville Sounds

https://twitter.com/LondonTitan/status/1527738218837319687?s=20&t=VnG7X8IOuxMePUqHSOa_xg

:qq: They have to sell some things to afford other things they want :qq:

Also deeply distrustful of anyone whose esteem for their owner doesn’t top out at “mild disdain”

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Perhaps the people maintaining the building should have done a better job. Or not, it's just the Titans after all.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Wasn't that the game where the Chargers could've made the playoffs with a tie?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Of course.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Android Apocalypse posted:

Instead the Raiders won, so we got another game of noted fat gently caress rapist Ben Roethlisberger looking like poo poo and getting blown out by Kansas City.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Poor Tannehill had to leave a gorgeous stunning Miami stadium to go play in that shithole but i mean at least they’re winning or whatever

Like 75% of the games

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Backer Quartermain is the best qb of all time with the game on the line. the game is on the line when i say so

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

MoaM posted:

That game was really fun to watch.

Actually the best game of the season, somewhat because of tie meme but still. And Burrow and Herbie are both wonderful and I look forward to a friendly rivalry and an nfl with fresh qb talent, not being sarcastic

e: and Allen, and a random non sex pest, and mahomes, tho it’d be funny if he just rodgers it and never won another sb, nothing against the guy, it’d just be funny, plus herbert

Pontius Pilate fucked around with this message at 12:12 on May 21, 2022

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I like herbert and Joe and Josh and lamar and even Mahomes!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Pontius Pilate posted:

Burrow and Herbie are both wonderful and I look forward to a friendly rivalry

I want to see boxing match or UFC style staredowns only instead of trying to goad each other into fighting at a dumb press conference they're goading each other to be the first to start laughing.

Also I want them mic'ed up so when they ask each other "How's your mother?" you can hear the genuine interest and maybe even the conversation about the new cookie recipe one of the moms is trying.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

a neat cape posted:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Happy Ross rules

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Amy Pole Her posted:

Happy Ross rules

What horror is this that I've forgotten?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

I wonder which if any QBs from last class will elevate? My guess in ranking of likeliness

Trevor Lawrence
Zach Wilson

that's the list

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

tarbrush posted:

What horror is this that I've forgotten?

I think he means it's good to see Ross in a healthy QB relationship after years of abuse from Phillip Rivers.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I think he means it's good to see Ross in a healthy QB relationship after years of abuse from Phillip Rivers.

Ohhh, I assumed you were talking about the Dolphins owner.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I can't believe I missed this, maybe Ross is in a good mood because of this

https://twitter.com/CBSSportsNet/status/1527774730853531648

a couple good points, for the sake of discussion

https://twitter.com/KSeaboldt/status/1527785064771231744

https://twitter.com/BinspectorQ/status/1527894734680731648/photo/1

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

This is counting Mahomes’ 2017 season as his first which is dumb.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Mahomes technically lost a playoff game to Mariota.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Is Mahomes already a HoFer? Given his years of playoff and regular season success added to the ridiculous highlights and a ring I think I'd have to say yes.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This is counting Mahomes’ 2017 season as his first which is dumb.

For determining who the better player is yeah it seems dumb, but it is factual which is fine in statistical arguments like this and doesn't bother me. Herbert fans get to crow about his first two record setting seasons and I'm ok with that. Not gonna make any Chiefs fans want to trade QBs of course.

The funny/sad thing looking back is that in Mahomes first season Alex Smith absolutely balled out (by Alex Smith standards). 4k yards, 26 TDs against 5 picks. He led the league in AY/A which is a funky stat but really...if Alex goddamned Smith led the league in any stat you can come up with that has yards per attempt in there he was not playing like he normally did.

Then he was shipped off to Washington and almost died and probably should have lost a leg the next year.

e: Oh god the best season of his career by far other than possibly by rate the abbreviated season where he got hurt and Kaep took over. What a cursed career.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He could fall off a cliff and not make it

I would blame Jackson Mahomes if that happened

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

Then he was shipped off to Washington and almost died and probably should have lost a leg the next year.

He also made 71m guaranteed and I love that he fleeced Washington even though they still tried to not give him the money for getting hurt

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Jackson Mahomes recording a video dancing on Alex Smith's severed leg.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Even if Mahomes plummeted to Jake Locker levels of QB play for 8 years, the 4 year stretch he's had overcomes that in my mind.

Anytime I feel bad for Alex Smith I think about the absurd amount of money he's made, the fact that he had so many chances to start compared to other 1st round "bust" QBs, and how at least the last time he was replaced as a starter it was by Patrick Mahomes. Poor guys like RG3 had to take a back seat to Kirk Cousins. That has to hurt your pride.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Alex Smith also managed to come back from a catastrophic injury to play in the NFL again, albeit worse than usual and having his first game back be against Aaron loving Donald.

He did fleece Washington out of a ton of money, which is good, but those idiots also just traded for Carson Wentz, so it's not like it's that difficult to outsmart them.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Justin Herbert is good and I look forward to watching him go 7-10 for years to come!

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

Mega64 posted:

Alex Smith also managed to come back from a catastrophic injury to play in the NFL again, albeit worse than usual and having his first game back be against Aaron loving Donald.

He did fleece Washington out of a ton of money, which is good, but those idiots also just traded for Carson Wentz, so it's not like it's that difficult to outsmart them.

I was wondering what the Washington mystery meat reminded me of :magical:

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
How many HoF cases are built on four seasons' worth of excellence?

Probably a lot of RBs, now that I think about it

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

JJ Watt's probably the easiest example. 3 DPOTY in years 2-5 of his career.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Toaster Beef posted:

How many HoF cases are built on four seasons' worth of excellence?

Probably a lot of RBs, now that I think about it

Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin come to mind.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin come to mind.

Is there anything those players have in common?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Well if Mahomes’ career ended right now so that what he’s already accomplished is all that he’ll ever do it’s due to some tragedy that’ll definitely give him that extra boost into the HoF.

Or he’s arrested for being a serial killer. That might keep him out.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 00:40 on May 22, 2022

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Well if Mahomes’ career ended right now so that what he’s already accomplished is all that he’ll ever do it’s due to some tragedy that’ll definitely give him that extra boost into the HoF.

Or he’s arrested for being a serial killer. That might keep him out.

serial rapist tho? tbd

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/1528177305645985794?s=21&t=LGleHT7qg9AzBDruGwgMTA

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The mystery meat was the final straw

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Sure Florio whatever you say.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I have plenty of votes right here :grin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Even if Mahomes plummeted to Jake Locker levels of QB play for 8 years, the 4 year stretch he's had overcomes that in my mind.

the eli manning rule