Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

I'm currently enjoying a Genesee ruby red kolsch

gently caress yeah. This poo poo owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Brawnfire posted:

I'm currently enjoying a Genesee ruby red kolsch

The captain salutes

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

:hf:

I've got a Halloween Slice shirt with skeletons breathing fire and poo poo. It's awesome, and like the second beer shirt purchase I've ever made.

Their branding is so good. I have a couple shirts from them, and I don’t have many other brewery shirts.

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

Josh Wow posted:

Had a Live Oak hefeweizen this week and it probably is the best Hefeweizen in the country.

They bring a bunch up to MN whenever they do stuff with Fair State and I'm just so glad that those places are good buds (because Niko used to work there). That hefe is so good.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Snack Bitch posted:

Their branding is so good. I have a couple shirts from them, and I don’t have many other brewery shirts.

I’m pretty anti beer shirts, but I did grab a bunch of stickers and one of their discs for frisbee hikes.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

highme posted:

I’m pretty anti beer shirts, but I did grab a bunch of stickers and one of their discs for frisbee hikes.

But, have you considered....only wearing beer shirts?
I mean, how else do people know you like beer?!?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I just yell it at the Senate Judiciary Committee

highme
May 25, 2001

I got this gut.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Brawnfire posted:

I just yell it at the Senate Judiciary Committee

I believe you sobbed it, Your Honor.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Really upset that the true beer epiphany, brut IPA’s, lasted like 6 seconds but people still gobbling up the lactose phase.

Cold IPA is basically the same technique but better

even though the name is stupid

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

MunchE posted:

Cold IPA is basically the same technique but better

even though the name is stupid

Brut IPAs should be finishing entirely dry. Cold IPAs have residual sugars due to not using enzymes to fully convert the mash into fermentable sugars. Bonus points to Brut IPAs for being allergic to a bunch of adjuncts.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

highme posted:

I got this gut.

hosed up if true

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Also same

It was definitely the beer...

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

drat, it's a warm and sunny day, perfect for some refreshing fruited sours :cheers:

the left one is a tropical blueberry gose, and the right is a mix of peach, apricot, pineapple, and navel orange!

modist is my favorite local brewery by far (i'm in minneapolis). I haven't heard of great notion but it looks like they are based on portland

Only registered members can see post attachments!

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 28, 2022

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

It is truly beautiful out, and I have a Three Heads Tiny Kind Session IPA

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

having the one on the right, very tasty, but is beer normally green?

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

IF YOU AIN'T GETTIN LIT YOU BETTER STAY OUT BITCH
no it isnt

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I had a green apple beer that was green.

It was nasty.

Had a blueberry beer that was blue.

It was nasty.

I had a raspberry sour that was bright red.

That was pretty decent.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I love my ecto cooler beer

Crumps Brother
Sep 5, 2007

-G-
Get Equipped with
Ground Game

actionjackson posted:

I love my ecto cooler beer
Lots of places have done it, around here it was Ecto Coolest from Barn Town. And yeah, it was pretty good.

nullfunction
Jan 24, 2005

Nap Ghost
https://i.imgur.com/XZDFERV.mp4

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Words no longer have meaning

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

No

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Why so viscous?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

is that on purpose?

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

Absolutely the gently caress no

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

tales from the crypt the beer

highme
May 25, 2001

I’m guessing that’s the American Slime Ale out of TX. I got a can in a secret Santa box a couple years ago and it wasn’t awful.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

highme posted:

I’m guessing that’s the American Slime Ale out of TX. I got a can in a secret Santa box a couple years ago and it wasn’t awful.

Armadillo Ale Works went under a couple months ago. RIP American Slime Ale

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

American Fail Ale

Casual Yogurt
Jul 1, 2005

Cool tricks kid, I like your style.
Is Heady Topper still a rare thing? I've been outa the game for quite a while but the newly gentrified booze store across from my apt here in LA has it and I feel inclined to buy it.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Casual Yogurt posted:

Is Heady Topper still a rare thing? I've been outa the game for quite a while but the newly gentrified booze store across from my apt here in LA has it and I feel inclined to buy it.

It is, but check the date on the can.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Yummy

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Casual Yogurt posted:

They ship them to the west coast a few times a year and everyone goes ape for it, but at least by me in Sacramento, many breweries absolutely slay HT and focal banger. They don’t even move my needle anymore when I read about a drop in the area.

Every time I do try it, it’s just “yep this is a hazy from a decade ago that still tastes the same.”

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

my favorite brewery has done it again

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Casual Yogurt posted:

You don't have to truck chase anymore if you're driving to VT and can get it basically everywhere, but it still sells out very quickly every time its distributed down to the boston metro area. I still enjoy it because I've been drinking it for a decade and it has a very nostalgic feeling, but trying it for the first time now might be disappointing, but worthwhile if you never have.

Lawsons though, you can get Sip in practically every grocery store thanks to contract brewing at two roads.

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

They ship them to the west coast a few times a year and everyone goes ape for it, but at least by me in Sacramento, many breweries absolutely slay HT and focal banger. They don’t even move my needle anymore when I read about a drop in the area.

Every time I do try it, it’s just “yep this is a hazy from a decade ago that still tastes the same.”

People make the mistake of comparing Heady to modern hazy IPAs when it's much closer in style to a modern West Coast IPA. If you are going into it expecting a hazy IPA, it's just going to taste wrong.

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

consensual poster posted:

People make the mistake of comparing Heady to modern hazy IPAs when it's much closer in style to a modern West Coast IPA. If you are going into it expecting a hazy IPA, it's just going to taste wrong.

No, it is a hazy IPA like it should be. Along with Lawson's. The chicken soup silicone fruit smoothie bullshit isn't "hazy IPA" no matter what it calls itself, it's Johnny come lately garbage for child palates.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Kaiho posted:

No, it is a hazy IPA like it should be. Along with Lawson's. The chicken soup silicone fruit smoothie bullshit isn't "hazy IPA" no matter what it calls itself, it's Johnny come lately garbage for child palates.

But tell us how you really feel...

Though yeah. Heady remains a drat fine beer (as does focal banger). Particularly on tap, too. But it's a drat fine IPA from when bitter was still a feature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
It's kinda funny to see some breweries still using "NE IPA" or "NE style IPA" (Revision for example) while most of the world has moved to "hazy".

I still like HT and usually grab a couple cans of it and Focal when they drop in Portland, they're still sitting on shelves 3 weeks later since the novelty has worn off.