Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Ugh isn't it Saturday? Scared the poo poo out of me there for a sec

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

:kstare:Sinfest Sunday!:kstare:

The freedom thing in the first one must be about abortion, right? They’re even dressed like handmaidens. Or is it about twitter and our lovely male feminist author is going to ignore the loss of bodily autonomy entirely?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I AM GRANDO posted:

The freedom thing in the first one must be about abortion, right? They’re even dressed like handmaidens. Or is it about twitter and our lovely male feminist author is going to ignore the loss of bodily autonomy entirely?

Nah, part of Ishida's thing is that women are incapable of wanting to be sex workers, and any woman who is a sex worker is being forced into it whether she realizes it or not.

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
they're always dressed as handmaids because ishida is signifier-becoming-signified.png

Victar
Nov 8, 2009

Bored? Need something to read while camping Time-Lost Protodrake?

www.vicfanfic.com

Crossing out "Rare" is a reference to the House Pro-Choice Caucus sending a memo out to Democrats about "harmful language" when referring to abortion. The memo recommends that the slogan "safe, legal, and rare" be replaced with "safe, legal, and accessible".

Anti-choice websites and media have been having a field day with the memo.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I AM GRANDO posted:

It's just about Musk backing out of buying Twitter.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The wokenados are so triggered by me saying stupid poo poo like "9/11 was nano thermite" and "covid is the flu" which means I must be right.

I'd say that 30 years ago he'd think he was a brave truth warrior for HIV/Aids denial but the same will probably be true in 6 months.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

moonmazed posted:

they're always dressed as handmaids because ishida is signifier-becoming-signified.png

Actually I think you'll find that it's because Ishida has dogshit where you'd normally expect a brain to be

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

is that last one supposed to be a self-pitying “everyone loved me when i was talking about peace and love but now when i talk about the masons and illuminati everyone hates me” or am i just pulling what i can from a rorschach inkblot

Frostyhawk
Jan 21, 2012

Bird Up!

Is 'Epstein didn't kill himself' supposed a hot take for anyone?

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Looking forward to Monique gettinf her guest spot on the Joe Rogan podcast and a million-dollar Netflix special.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I don't know but it maybe NSW

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I AM GRANDO posted:

Ishida, like most true and real TERF feminist allies, hasn’t actually said anything about women’s reproductive rights after the SCOTUS leak about striking down Roe vs Wade. Sure is strange!

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Boy Stantis is getting confused

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"Boris Johnson, dancing queen – The prime minister celebrates the end of the Met police investigation into Partygate"

Sunday Telegraph:

Prove No 10 was ‘like Ibiza on a Saturday night’, Boris Johnson tells Sue Gray

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Brawnfire posted:

Boy Stantis is getting confused

I'm increasingly convinced that Stantis paid someone to make a random panel generator for him and he just submits whatever the Randomize button gives him.
Like I said before, I honestly can't help but be jealous of the grift he's got going. I wish I could make a decent living just turning in the same assignment every week.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Cowcaster posted:

is that last one supposed to be a self-pitying “everyone loved me when i was talking about peace and love but now when i talk about the masons and illuminati everyone hates me” or am i just pulling what i can from a rorschach inkblot

That was my read on it, but like you said it's hard to be sure.

If I had to guess I'd say he's setting up a sort of "the woke mob was mean to me so I had no choice but to become a Nazi" storyline with Monique.

She's been hanging out with devils who she knows are doing terrible things (yet she does nothing to stop them), and then people get mad at her for hanging with devils (who, again, are openly doing terrible things), so of course she has no choice but to join the devil's permanently (which she's already basically done, but it's somehow it's the Woke Mob's fault that she's going to continue to do the things she's been doing).

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

Labor has won the election ending the nine years of Coalition Abbott-Turbull-Morrison government. Big swing to Labor in Western Australia, the Greens have picked up seats in Queensland, and an absolute teal wave has wiped out the Liberal heartland in the cities.

Shakespeare:

Herbert:

David Pope hasn't made an official cartoon yet but he updated his Kooyong cartoon series on social media as Josh Frydenberg has lost his seat (probably, he's holding on for postals to save him):

Golding:

Downes:

Broelman:

Anthony Albanese, Penny Wong and a couple of other Labor ministers will be sworn in today. Albanese and Wong will be heading to the Quad meeting tomorrow.

Lethbridge 1:

Lethbridge 2:

"There's a hole in your budget" was a Liberal attack ad which was constantly playing on TV. The teals have knocked out Frydenberg and a whole bunch of senior Liberals. With so many moderate Liberals out the right wing is almost certainly going to get Peter Dutton in as Liberal leader.

Knight:

Warren Brown:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Trapezium Dave posted:

Leak, Son of Leak:

You'll notice how he removed the black man from the painting.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Trapezium Dave posted:

Leak, Son of Leak:

This is more of a Brit thing but can we do a Kellies for Worst Apology to...?

If so

Kellies nomination: Worst Apology To

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Nameless Pete posted:

You'll notice how he removed the black man from the painting.

just be thankful he didn't draw the breast

also, why is that lady stuck in a tree in the first two cartoons. should somebody help her

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

I basically get all my exposure to Australian politics from these threads, and that's enough to realize that if a politooner named Leak is mad, something good probably happened. This rule has yet to fail me.

This is incoherent even by Sinfest standards. None of these relate to one another in any way besides "today I'm mad at ____". Also it's almost June and the Anthropomorphized Year has yet to do...anything at all?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Angepain posted:

also, why is that lady stuck in a tree in the first two cartoons. should somebody help her

The lady is Kristina Keneally, the Labor former premier of NSW who tried to become a rising star when briefly made the switch to federal politics when she was given a senate seat when it was vacated. She then lost senate per-selection so her faction the NSW Labor Right demanded she got dibs on the extremely safe lower house seat of Fowler (being "parachuted in", as she isn't from there) despite the outgoing Labor MP and the local branch having already picked a local Vietnamese Australian woman for a Vietnamese Australian seat who wanted a local to represent them.

Consequently Keneally lost the extremely safe seat to another local Vietnamese Australian woman.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I love a good "carpetbag candidate takes safe party seat for granted, eats poo poo" story

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Robert Ariail

Clay Bennett

Steve Breen

Tim Campbell

Matt Davies

Al Goodwyn

Phil Hands

Clay Jones

Steve Kelley

Jack Ohman

Michael Ramirez

Jeff Stahler

Tom Stiglich

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Somebody mad that they're wife divorced them and got a restraining order and won't let them see the kids, Tom???

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

At least half of Stiglich’s comics are complaining about Biden, but sure go off I guess.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

So this woman is listing off a mix of the kind of excuses yet conflicted feelings an abused person gives for their abuser partner, stuff like "oh but he was so good to X" which far too many will sadly use as some kind of compensatory excuse for why they stay with someone who abuses them. "The good times were really good," something a relative said to explain why they had stayed with someone abusive so long. And the "therapist" here is dismissing it as a "derangement syndrome."

Again, this comic is using a script about abusive relationships and then dismissing them to score some weird point that the only reason anyone would hate Trump is because they were "deranged."

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK yyyyyyyyyyyyyyoooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, Stiglich.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Culture of Life

Ted Rall posted:

The right-wingers who comprise the majority of the pro-life movement are only consistent in one respect. On issue after issue, they have no respect for life. Their hypocrisy leads one to suspect that they are more interested in controlling women than saving lives.

First Dog on the Moon: Is it really true? Surely there is a false dawn! Are they really gone? Prime minister Albo!

Trapezium Dave fucked around with this message at 08:47 on May 23, 2022

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Now that I see how pissed of Son of Leak is I finally accept that something good happened in Australia.
Good on you mates.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
How awful.
That shadow should be banned!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Brian Adcock on the looming Sue Gray report – Could the party finally be over for Boris Johnson when the long-awaited report is published?"

Telegraph:

Chelsea Flower Show 2022: when it starts, how to buy tickets and the best day to go

Times:

Meeting between Boris Johnson and Sue Gray was instigated by No 10

Evening Standard:

Cabinet Secretary blocked from giving evidence on partygate to committee

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Is... is this a good Rall? As in, there's no hidden asinine views on women or any other typical Rallism?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Nenonen posted:

Is... is this a good Rall? As in, there's no hidden asinine views on women or any other typical Rallism?

There are no good Ralls. The ones that seem appealing exist to attract an audience for the others.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
*in Kratos voice* there are no good Ralls boy, I thought I taught you that

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

If you still have to rely on speech bubbles then you're not good enough to be able to pull off a "silent" comic strip.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Alhazred posted:

If you still have to rely on speech bubbles then you're not good enough to be able to pull off a "silent" comic strip.

It could be worse, he could go the Mookie route and have a wizard use a magic spell to transcribe speech in real time, but since there's no speech bubbles technically it's not dialog!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nenonen posted:

There's never a Good Rall, but there's times when a Rall describes something accurately.