Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Slowed down and R1 came past me with a aftermarket exhaust...we'd somehow synced throttle input, so his sound matched.

Oh i love it when that happens. A long time ago, 3 or 4 identical sport bikes came rolling past at almost exactly the same speed, in the same gear. That sounded badass. You could hear the beat frequency between the ever so slightly different engine RPMs, a bit like a 4 engined piston engined plane but much higher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Slavvy posted:

All the lurkers with Harleys need to come out of the woodwork and post their potatoes asap

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I laughed at the first reveal but the livewire's dick actually looks really good somehow? :awesome:

I guess because it balances out the look of the whole thing, making the motor and transmission a noticeable and attractive part of the visual design vs for example most of Zero's electrics where the battery stack just dominates the entire bike and makes it look like someone attached wheels to a giant brick while the motor is hidden away inside the swingarm pivot

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

The Zeros aren't as pretty as the LiveWire IMO as well.

Looking forward to playing with it a bit more when it's nice and sunny!

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Steakandchips posted:

The Zeros aren't as pretty as the LiveWire IMO as well.

Difference of opinion but I think mine is quite sharp :cool:

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

The SR/F is indeed good looking!

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Going back to KTM chat for a brief moment, I’ve had my Duke 390 for three years without a single even minor hiccup other than the clock being constantly wrong.

Even when I did my first oil change (yes I replaced both filter sets), I found no metal at all.

Hope that Husky 401 treats you as well as my Duke has me. I almost went for the Husky but I didn’t really want to spend the extra grand.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Bob's clock is often wrong; it likes to reset when switching the bike off and on again in relatively quick succession (e.g. at a drive through).

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat

Steakandchips posted:

(e.g. at a drive through)

What?

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
I feel like our bikes have been posted before, but here are the Harleys from the back of my scooter (excuse the messy garage and the 8 bicycles).

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
A $30k Harley Davidson in its natural habitat: the garage.

Mine is neither particularly cool nor unknown, but it's potentially one of the largest motorcycles on these here forums. I really enjoy this motorcycle, even though it being so humongous means it comes with certain limitations. But I can also go grocery shopping in the next state without issue, so there's pros and cons.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Need to do a length and beef census to see who's got the biggest and heaviest hog/wing here

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

1986 Goldwing Asspencade

Length: 92.7”
Wheelbase: 63.4”
Curb weight: 778lbs

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

1983 Goldwing GL1100

Length: 92.1”
Wheelbase: 63.2”
Curb weight: 737lbs
Beef: 8

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
Oof.

2020 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special

Length: 95.7”
Wheelbase: 64”
Curb weight: 853lbs

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Strife posted:

Curb weight: 853lbs

This is nearly as much as both of my bikes combined.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

it's more than double the weight of my gsxr600.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
That's definitely more than double the weight of my Rebel too. :magical:

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

2019 Harley-Davidson Fat Bob 114

Length: 92.13"
Wheelbase: 63.58"
Curb weight: 674.61lbs
Beef: 7

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Steakandchips posted:

2019 Harley-Davidson Fat Bob 114

Length: 92.13"
Wheelbase: 63.58"
Curb weight: 674.61lbs
Beef: 7

All the huge bikes posted so far weigh more than both my bikes combined.

helno
Jun 19, 2003

hmm now were did I leave that plane
Did a bit of exploring. The C70 on pizza cutter street tires had no trouble on the rocks.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

900lbs has to be out there show yourself

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Amazonas 1600 and Boss Hoss owners, we want to hear from you.

Marvin K. Mooney
Jan 2, 2008

poop ship
destroyer

Scam Likely posted:

Thank you to the posters who tried to dissuade me from going with the Husqvarna. A reward for your efforts.

It's so fun to ride, can't wait to zip around crowded city streets on it.

*This space reserved for images of it broken down on the side of the road*

Nice! I've had mine for a year and a half, no issues yet. First 2 oil changes had no particles in the filter, nothing nasty. Just wish it had a bigger tank.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Gorson posted:

900lbs has to be out there show yourself

If I put the trunk on I'm easily over 900lbs.

Trying to back such a behemoth up a hill with a titanium rod in your leg is.. challenging.

But that's why I have a Ducati Scrambler and a Kawasaki KLX230 that weigh 417 and 280 lbs.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I offset the goldwing by also owning a Suzuki JR50 that according to google weighs 83lbs. I loaded it on a trailer yesterday and just…….picked it up.

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 15:30 on May 23, 2022

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Beautiful picture:

Strife posted:

If I put the trunk on I'm easily over 900lbs.

Trying to back such a behemoth up a hill with a titanium rod in your leg is.. challenging.

But that's why I have a Ducati Scrambler and a Kawasaki KLX230 that weigh 417 and 280 lbs.

I love that the R18 has a reverse.

Screw your heritage Harley and give me a reverse.

You too, Triumph, the Rocket 3 GT should absolutely come with reverse.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Steakandchips posted:

Beautiful picture:

I love that the R18 has a reverse.

Screw your heritage Harley and give me a reverse.

You too, Triumph, the Rocket 3 GT should absolutely come with reverse.

Christ I wish my Road Glide had a reverse. And a backup camera.

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat

Strife posted:

Christ I wish my Road Glide had a reverse. And a backup camera.

If that thing had reverse I’d expect it to beep loudly when backing up.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

My motorcycle weighs 621 lbs but it can go in reverse.

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

epswing posted:

And have air brakes that give a 'Pshhh' when you release them.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

epswing posted:

Adding aftermarket noise to a Harley is an important part of Harley Ownership.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

The 919 I just got has an aftermarket can, so I hopped on one of the FB groups looking for a stock set (which I easily found for the cost of shipping). So many people were dumbfounded that I want to "downgrade" to stock exhaust, but I'm over loud bikes. Riding my Zero made me realize how nice it is to cruise through some pretty scenery in near silence.

Don't get me wrong I still love hearing a glorious engine sing, and if I could easily hear it sometimes (like the valved exhaust on my Mustang) I would. But 95% of the time I'd be in quiet mode anyway.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Went riding with a newbie friend yesterday and it really highlighted how I need better mirrors. All I see in mine are my shoulders, unless I shift to the side.

Choices are kinda limited, it seems. Extension blocks for the stock or bar end mirrors?.
Both are kinda dorky looking, but I'll take that over being able to see behind me.
Any hot takes on what kind for sportsbike?

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
Anybody with a bigger heavier bike and a small light bike ever gone to move the small bike after exclusively riding the bigger bike for a while and nearly thrown it over sideways

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

After riding Bob for a few months, I took the Honda CBF125 out for a ride before selling it. Some observations from that last ride:

1. The brakes really are quite forgiving (i.e. I could grab a handful and not endo myself).
2. Did I shift? Oh, yes, I did.
3. This was a good tool to learn on, but I'm not going to miss it.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Dog Case posted:

Anybody with a bigger heavier bike and a small light bike ever gone to move the small bike after exclusively riding the bigger bike for a while and nearly thrown it over sideways

I nearly dropped my dirt bike in the garage after only riding bicycles for a couple of months.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
2021 Goldwing Tour DCT

Length: 101.4" (8.45')
Wheelbase: 66.7"
Curb weight (with fluids): 838lbs

Road Kings or Indian Road Masters / Pursuits, are at like 910 wet, stock

edit: I missed Gorson's Boss Hoss post - those things have gotta pushing 1000lbs

Jazzzzz fucked around with this message at 16:01 on May 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

Alan Millyard's viper bike weighs 630kg (1380lbs).

It has a 2 speed transmission apparently, and that's enough because of the laughably high amount of power.
It also has a ratcheting system to get it onto its centre stand and all kinds of bizarrely well thought through bits of engineering.