Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Lalo probably chumps the hell out of Victor before getting he jobs out this season. How else does Victor end up as such a nephew in BrBa when he seems like a made man in BCS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
Maybe the discussion about Mike's guys watching his house goes somewhere. Victor convinces Gus to order Mike to move those guys elsewhere, Lalo breaks in and, after finding something with her address, gives Stacey the Margarethe treatment.

Mike kills Lalo in response, tells Gus that from now on Victor stays on a tight leash, and that he'll choke him with it if he puts his family at risk again.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Victor’s a fuckin dipshit, it’s not hard to imagine why his position in the organization was effectively downgraded as Mike became further ingrained and brought in more competent people

Recall that Victor got owned by Gus because despite his long criminal career he was stupid enough to rather conspicuously run up to the scene of Gale’s murder while it was surrounded by people

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

back half takes place during breaking bad but is largely focused on Saul’s class action lawsuit over wayfarer 515

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

actually don’t think ive seen that suggested as having potential for a plotline, he’s running around with that ribbon on for like two seasons, if you can get Nacho and Lalo off of one line in the desert then i’m sure you can get something out of him suing an airline

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

actually don’t think ive seen that suggested as having potential for a plotline, he’s running around with that ribbon on for like two seasons, if you can get Nacho and Lalo off of one line in the desert then i’m sure you can get something out of him suing an airline

Surprise; guess who's the lawyer for the airline? That's right, it's Erin Brill, out to put a stop to Jimmy McGill for good!

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

If someone is doing a rewatch of the show before the finale please check if the following plot twists make retroactive sense

- Kim was a ghost all that time and only Saul and us can see her
- Kim and Jimmy are the same person
- Saul is a ghost

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

oh jay posted:

The only two Caspers I know are The Friendly Ghost and that guy Vince Vaughn kept talking about in True Detective.

This is van dien erasure and i won't stand for it

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Saul doesn't even exist. Gene is a sad recovering meth addict who's been escaping his mundane life fantasizing about this adventurous life of danger and intrigue with his high school crush who he once watched getting caught stealing jewelry.

In the finale, he'll be caught daydreaming as someone runs into him in the food court. When the person apologizes, Gene says to the camera, "It's all good, man!"

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I’m wondering if we’re even going to see Saul get the vets book since it’s so obvious it happened that having a scene where he goes “yes I would like to buy your book please” might be redundant.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Kim buys or acquires the black book. She was way more interested in it than Jimmy was last episode.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

back half takes place during breaking bad but is largely focused on Saul’s class action lawsuit over wayfarer 515

This isn't the worst idea I've heard, as it was certainly a thing he was trying to get going. I don't know if it'll be a focus, but I think that deserves some airtime at least to show some of what he was up to there. My headcanon is that at some point he got a quick and dirty settlement out of them because the airline's lawyers didn't want to take it to court, and Saul's certainly sleazy enough to get a relatively cheap and easy payday from that rather than trying to tie them up in a Sandpiper-esque case in terms of length and effort involved.

I think realistically what we'll have is the Lalo vs. Gus and Mike conflict up until we jump ahead to the timeline of Breaking Bad, then some minor things to flesh out things from their perspective during that timeframe. The extra Saul stuff we'll see from BB time will mostly be about seeing what his life is like when he's not "on" as Saul, such as showing him buying and living in that big rear end mansion and the type of person he actually is. We'll get some Walt and Jesse and bits of whatever other cases he's going after in there too. Resolution on Kim's status during BB will obviously be a major thing that'll be figured out in that time period as well.

I think out of the overall 13 episodes of this last season of BCS, either 10 or 11 of them will be pre-BB, then 1 or 2 will be set during BB, and the finale will be entirely in the Gene timeline. I think the BCS equivalent of the amazing Ozymandias episode, and really the big climax of the show, will be the last episode before we start shifting into BB Saul, and that'll be the episode where they pack in the resolution to the Lalo/Gus/Mike conflict and Kim and Saul having one hell of a breakup scene, and then seeing a bit of the aftermath of those two situations. Then we get some denouement of things in the last 2 or 3 episodes.

We've seen enough of Saul's good side that I think we'll get a bittersweet but overall happy ending for him, including some kind of reunion with Kim and him coming back to life in some form. I wouldn't mind seeing him turn himself in, somehow swing bail for himself, and see him geared up, ready, and eager to defend himself (maybe with one hell of a montage to help sell that process). Then I feel like you could wrap things up with him in a well-furnished jail cell wearing a very bright and vibrant orange jumpsuit doling out legal advice to all the prisoners (I'd see this as the most likely ending). It's even more impactful if you have color slowly creeping in here and there in a black and white finale, but it's when he's locked up and truly able to live as himself that full color suddenly arrives in what you would expect to be the most dreary place. Or alternately, he manages to beat the charges against him and we see him relaxing in Belize or something. Or maybe we don't know what his fate will be at his own trial, but he has Kim as his attorney and we end with them plotting out schemes to try to get him an acquittal. There's a lot of fun and interesting ways for this show to end, and I can't wait to see what this very good creative team has come up with.

The only thing I'm really drat sure of at this point is that Kim's not going to end up dead on this show, which is a big relief to me. Sadly for him, I think Howard has drawn the "gonna end up dead or seriously messed up" straw. He's wound too tightly and dealing with too many things, and he's not used to proper caffeine since he drinks tea. Dosing Howard is going to end up going real bad, and that's going to be the major fallout/cliffhanger that we'll have going into the last 6 episodes on the Kim/Saul side of the story.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 14:02 on May 21, 2022

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
At this point even if they don’t go through with the horse cocaine plan at the last minute, they were still going to the whole time, which makes both of them irredeemable.

And I’m looking forward to it.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/BreakingBadIrny/status/1528001457873723392?t=WzCVei8jPasHH1qCcqrneg&s=19

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

iamsosmrt posted:

You think so? I mean, likely by the end of the next episode sure, but they haven't crossed that line just yet for me anyway. Not until we know the full scope of the plan and whether they go through with it.

Kimmy just turned around on her dream job to go ratfuck Howard, it’s as bad as Walt not accepting the grey matter money to go cook instead

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
I’m only cheering for Ernesto at this point

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

skipmyseashells posted:

I’m only cheering for Ernesto at this point

Hope we get another scene of Ernie and I hope he’s happy in it

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Ernie and Lyle run away together.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

skipmyseashells posted:

Kimmy just turned around on her dream job to go ratfuck Howard, it’s as bad as Walt not accepting the grey matter money to go cook instead

I'm just saying, technically they can still back out until they do it. That still matters in my eyes--pointing a gun is not the same as pulling the trigger. And in this analogy, the gun is concealed and Howard thinks the threat is a water balloon.

I feel Jimmy is not fighting hard to follow through and Kim can still change her mind. Heck, he's probably hoping she does.

That said, I fully expect them to follow through.

iamsosmrt fucked around with this message at 22:05 on May 21, 2022

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://youtu.be/F8dKVbP1Nzo

Pouring one out for Jimmy and Kim here tonight before the mid season break.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Probably not going to happen at this point, but I'd love it if Tortuga showed up at some point.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
an interesting thing about Jimmy is that his friends seem to be extremely loyal. Ernie is a good example of this.

Even though Jimmy lied, HHM paid for his law school, and Chuck was his boss he still had solidarity with Jimmy.

Now, whether that means Jimmy is THAT good of a confidence man or just discerning or else there's something about him that's trustworthy is up to the viewer to figure out.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

He's got a like, ten foot long schlong. That BDE just can't be denied.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Cranappleberry posted:

an interesting thing about Jimmy is that his friends seem to be extremely loyal. Ernie is a good example of this.

Even though Jimmy lied, HHM paid for his law school, and Chuck was his boss he still had solidarity with Jimmy.

Now, whether that means Jimmy is THAT good of a confidence man or just discerning or else there's something about him that's trustworthy is up to the viewer to figure out.

jimmy seems to be a pretty decent guy to his friends overall

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Jimmy lets his friends have cucumber water without having to buy his services. Also Kim's final slip will be when she makes a website that allows people to pirate cartoons.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 07:46 on May 22, 2022

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Still using Google DNS instead of 1.1.1.1 :chloe:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
oh my god I only just learned that they released a bunch of shorts way back when they were promoting BB season 3, a lot of which were Saul Goodman related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B-hSSiaEAw

had everyone already seen this?? it's good poo poo

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I just caught up. I understand Lalo found the ruler in Werner's house that has some manufacturing company address on it - how did this lead him to Casper? I feel like I missed something in-between.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Harriet Carker posted:

I just caught up. I understand Lalo found the ruler in Werner's house that has some manufacturing company address on it - how did this lead him to Casper? I feel like I missed something in-between.

They didn't show every single step. It's assumed he got to Casper from that company. That's all.

I don't know, I'm fine with that :shrug:

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Harriet Carker posted:

Presumably Lalo went to the company that encased the ruler and charmed/menaced them into revealing who paid for it. He got Casper's name and went from there

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Harriet Carker posted:

You didn't miss anything - it's not explicitly shown how he got Casper's name/location.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

He used his Lalo-senses.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Fair enough! I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something. Sometimes things in this show are (awesomely) subtle and I can't pick up on it without discussing online first.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

anime was right posted:

jimmy seems to be a pretty decent guy to his friends overall

he does seem like a guy you'd call when you have a flat and instead of coming to help you change the tire to your donut he'd con the tow company into towing it to a tire change place and then get them to do it for free.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

Cranappleberry posted:

he does seem like a guy you'd call when you have a flat and instead of coming to help you change the tire to your donut he'd con the tow company into towing it to a tire change place and then get them to do it for free.

Mike shows up in the tow truck and hauls your car to the airport. When you ask him what he's doing he hands you a bundle of cash and tells you to leave town for a couple of days. When you get back it looks like your tire's been changed but on further inspection his guys have replaced the entire car with an identical model with four inflated tires. None of this is ever explained.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Harriet Carker posted:

Fair enough! I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something. Sometimes things in this show are (awesomely) subtle and I can't pick up on it without discussing online first.

not the first time lalo’s been jumping around scenes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

oh my god I only just learned that they released a bunch of shorts way back when they were promoting BB season 3, a lot of which were Saul Goodman related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B-hSSiaEAw

had everyone already seen this?? it's good poo poo

A partial playlist of similar stuff from BCS. It doesn't have the full Squat Cobbler vid so B+ at best :(

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1etYmmm3WJ1FNkhKdjuwgKu7B5icbeEu