Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Would buy a brand new 2CV rn and be very happy.

I do wonder if that philosophy was done with modern design and materials would be like, without trying to go insanely cheap that ruins good designs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

KakerMix posted:

I do wonder if that philosophy was done with modern design and materials would be like, without trying to go insanely cheap that ruins good designs.

The current modern 2CV (aka the cheapest vehicle you can make while not being a horse cart) is the Citroen ami, which seems to have been a decent success in the markets where it got launched.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ok what are the chances a 2CV can actually reach 71.5 mph?

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

mobby_6kl posted:

Ok what are the chances a 2CV can actually reach 71.5 mph?

Very few unless assisted by gravity and external power

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

30 mph tail wind

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Drop it from a plane?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

KakerMix posted:

It pretty much couldn't be done today as a proper car without ruining everything that made a 2CV a 2CV due to all the requirements modern cars need to adhere to.

Even if they could I've got no doubt the design committee would miss the point entirely.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
If you want a small, slow, miserable vehicle why not buy a Mirage?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I've always been disappointed Mitsubishi hasn't marketed "Illusion", "hallucination", or "apparition".

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I saw an i-miev the other day and had to do a double take. I had never seen one besides the Goose channel.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

KakerMix posted:

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

The nano fail the insanely cheap metric, that thing is worse than a quadricycle grade vehicle while being sold as a car.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 20:53 on May 22, 2022

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Would.

I've seen one in person, maybe the only driving one in the US at Lane Motor Museum. It's 90% as good as a car as a Mitsubishi Mirage or 70% of a civic, but for like $2500 out the door.

Inflation adjusted, it is 1/4 the price of the cheapest the VW beetle ever was, or 1/8 the price of a Model T. There has never been a car near this cheap.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

SlowBloke posted:

The current modern 2CV (aka the cheapest vehicle you can make while not being a horse cart) is the Citroen ami, which seems to have been a decent success in the markets where it got launched.

ehh the ami is under quadricycle rules, i don't think it counts

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

ehh the ami is under quadricycle rules, i don't think it counts

If Dacias didn't currently cost as much as their Renault counterparts, i would have picked one of those, there are not many cars that don't cost an arm and leg nowadays. Even a cargo grade panda starts at 13k€.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Yeah I was going to suggest Dacia. Probably the best bang for the buck these days. The basic Sandero is less than 10k€. The 7-seater Jogger is advertized as 14900€ at a base price.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

bad_fmr posted:

Yeah I was going to suggest Dacia. Probably the best bang for the buck these days. The basic Sandero is less than 10k€. The 7-seater Jogger is advertized as 14900€ at a base price.

Good luck finding a barebone Logan or Sandero tho, no dealer stocks those, they only keep the top of the range models(which understandingly have the basic set of human comforts) and those don't run that cheap. Sometimes Suzukis are cheaper than whatever the dacia dealers offers

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Yeah that is true. And Suzuki is often great value option as well.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I thought this was a Mitsubishi I-miev at first.

https://twitter.com/GaytonaUSA/status/1519361630383050752?t=TAeoiJkub3vWjQvZIDxe-A&s=19

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

KakerMix posted:

This is currently outselling tesla in the China market. Perfectly suited for what it is.

https://youtu.be/sFSJDSh1jmE

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

omg the - + pedals

it’s adorable

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

GlassEye-Boy posted:

This is currently outselling tesla in the China market. Perfectly suited for what it is.

https://youtu.be/sFSJDSh1jmE

Hell yeah, this would be it I think.
Under $6,000 for that thing, and I could just do any and all errands I'd ever need to do and never stop and a gas station for the privilege. :allears:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

KakerMix posted:

Hell yeah, this would be it I think.
Under $6,000 for that thing, and I could just do any and all errands I'd ever need to do and never stop and a gas station for the privilege. :allears:

There's the Kandi range of neighborhood vehicles but they start at $12k!

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

Kia Soul Enthusias posted:

There's the Kandi range of neighborhood vehicles but they start at $12k!

Yea, any China prices you see online your gonna have to add add at least 30% in the US to cover shipping and customs.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

GlassEye-Boy posted:

Yea, any China prices you see online your gonna have to add add at least 30% in the US to cover shipping and customs.

That's likely why it's so much. There is a cool little truck too but I think it was $35k

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Henry Ford built the quadricycle in like 1896, are you guys sure this thing is worse than that? Sure being a Mitsubishi, it's probably less reliable, but I bet it's easier to find parts for it. And it might have a heater and ac. That's got to be a bit better right?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

wesleywillis posted:

Henry Ford built the quadricycle in like 1896, are you guys sure this thing is worse than that? Sure being a Mitsubishi, it's probably less reliable, but I bet it's easier to find parts for it. And it might have a heater and ac. That's got to be a bit better right?

In 1896, you weren't surrounded by F250s and Escalades barreling down the highway at 90 mph.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Well, it’s got a single speed transmission so it’s already limited by the maximum rpm of the motor and ratio of the single speed. But Ford also hosed up the power delivery so the motor will only give you those HP and torque numbers for a very short period of time at at lower speeds. Power gets drastically pulled above about 60mph. It’s designed to hit 0-60 in 3.5 seconds because that’s the number they put out there, but everywhere else it’s kind of dogshit.

Nobody other than Ford knows why they so aggressively cut power but it could be mechanical (insufficient cooling, motors not designed to handle sustained power) or excessive caution about longevity (don’t want to prematurely degrade battery pack).

They trap in the low 100s.

loving yikes. What a shame, seemed like a cool EV.

I wonder how long it will take for Hyundai to put the better motors in the Ioniq 5. Looks like they already have it in the Genesis version.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Imagine inviting Guigiaro to hang out with you and he basically just disses the poo poo out of your design department. :lol:

https://twitter.com/DerContinental/status/1528281532477186048?s=20&t=iI-gsn1d1cAOrXmuuA1Yzg

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I just realized how much I want an Italian EV. :discourse:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Wistful of Dollars posted:

I just realized how much I want an Italian EV. :discourse:

At least you'd look good sitting on the side of the road with a dead battery and "180km range remaining" fading out on the dash.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Powershift posted:

At least you'd look good sitting on the side of the road with a dead battery and "180km range remaining" fading out on the dash.

Hey now, you could get lucky and it might just not start before you try to go somewhere!

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

Hey now, you could get lucky and it might just not start before you try to go somewhere!

“If you’re going to break, please break at home.”
- every Italian car owner

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

I'm morbidly curious how passionate (?) the Italian battery fires will be.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Powershift posted:

An optimist!

McTinkerson posted:

:ohdear:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The Fiat New 500 EV is supposed to be very nice, actually. Besides the name being "Fiat New 500."

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Fiat taking ques from Nintendo, huh?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

The Fiat 500e was a lot of fun cause it had completely unregulated power. Just roast the tires by touching the accelerator.

My coworker had one and sold it, and if I didn’t rent a 130 year old house with no external outlets, I would have bought it. Fun little toy car.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

McTinkerson posted:

They have soul, a real je ne sais quoi. You just can't hate them and long for the day when the streets are alight with their brilliance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

GoutPatrol posted:

The Fiat New 500 EV is supposed to be very nice, actually. Besides the name being "Fiat New 500."

It's decent but it's kinda tiny on the inside, smaller than a mini. Almost Suzuki cappuccino/Daihatsu copen bad depending on the driver/passenger size.