Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Wonder how differently that game turns out if that Hagel hit remains a major penalty, but still can't blame that as the reason the Panthers lost. They just can't do anything and Bob did let them down today. Would like at least a gentleman's sweep if possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

MJeff posted:

How much of the Lightning can we still give Yzerman credit for?
A lot

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
Lightning are incredibly well-coached and disciplined. I think they are the favorites for sure ahead of Canes/Rangers/Flames, and I think they're a pretty live dog against Colorado. if they play St. Louis it will kill hockey for the next few years, and this has been a fantastic season.

even if they don't start calling them for 90s Sabres style clutch and grabbing in front of the net, I think the Oilers are actually a good matchup against them. I think McDavid could spin around the outside enough and do well against their massive defense.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/1528418997942853632
about what I expected to happen. Kadri's contact with Binnington wasn't his fault, running into Rosen changed his direction just like he said. Also, while funny, can't let a guy retaliate off-ice, should be a fine like MacKinnon throwing a helmet at a dude after the whistle last year.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

MJeff posted:

How much of the Lightning can we still give Yzerman credit for?

all of it

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Should have made the throw count Binnington... Should have used a brick.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
sucks that tiny avalanche defenseman wasn't there the day in pee wee hockey where they told you to get up against the boards when you're taking a hit

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Genuine question which probably comes off salty cause I'm an Avs fan but how do you contest the puck like Naz did and avoid contact? I don't think he can change directions and make a play. Binnington's step that Kadri sees before he makes his momentum changing move is moving right and Kadri has the opportunity for a rebound so this seems like it would be a total non-issue if it wasn't Kadri.

You're not allowed to run through the goalie. Every skater is responsible to not contact the goalie in the crease, it doesn't matter where the puck is at the time.

Kadri absolutely turned himself in such a way as to ensure he hit Binnington. It blows my mind that people who aren't Avs fans could possibly think otherwise. Even apart from his track record.

Running goalies is excellent strategy since it is never punished by anything more than a minor, and usually not even that, and goalies are easy to injure with how much they contort themselves and how much weight they're carrying while they do it.

Jordan Binnington is comically immature and all the LOLs at the Blues for giving him a megacontract he wasn't worth on the best day of his life. Switching him out for Husso doesn't really change their fortunes.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 22:49 on May 22, 2022

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Eric the Mauve posted:

You're not allowed to run through the goalie. Every skater is responsible to not contact the goalie in the crease, it doesn't matter where the puck is at the time.

Kadri absolutely turned himself in such a way as to ensure he hit Binnington. It blows my mind that people who aren't Avs fans could possibly think otherwise. Even apart from his track record.

Running goalies is excellent strategy since it is never punished by anything more than a minor, and usually not even that.

He didn’t run the goalie and I don’t give a poo poo about either of these teams

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's important that you learn early that should you turn out to be very good at something, you face a lifetime of assholes trying to end your career on purpose.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
i have the panthers winning in 7 so the bolts had to win 3 games anyway

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

That Kadri play was a Chris Kreider special. It's absolutely his fault but you generally can get away with smoking the goaler without much more that a 2 minute penalty.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

heehee posted:

i have the panthers winning in 7 so the bolts had to win 3 games anyway

I had this too, thinking at some point tampa's gonna be too tired. but honestly it feels like they're so good and so well-organized at playing their system it's like endless waves - even if one man falls, the next one is right there to step up. it's really, really impressive.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Carolina might be dangerous to Tampa if they can put the Rangers away, but most likely Tampa's going to threepeat and I loving hate it.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/zbeg/status/1528266582513750016
Kadri did nothing wrong.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Running goalies is excellent strategy since it is never punished by anything more than a minor, and usually not even that, and goalies are easy to injure with how much they contort themselves and how much weight they're carrying while they do it.

Jordan Binnington is comically immature and all the LOLs at the Blues for giving him a megacontract he wasn't worth on the best day of his life. Switching him out for Husso doesn't really change their fortunes.

Are we watching the same reply? Kadri had the momentum and direction to take a shot AND totally miss Binnington if the defender isn't there.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Eric the Mauve posted:

Carolina might be dangerous to Tampa if they can put the Rangers away, but most likely Tampa's going to threepeat and I loving hate it.

Id rather that than Deangelo getting a ring.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Yup, play is unfortunate but Kadri has nowhere else to go and the puck was loose. It’s the playoffs- nobody is leaving that puck there without a fight. I wouldn’t say the defenseman pushed him but given his position there was no alternative.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I agree with all of that except about it being unfortunate.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
that play was probably fine but kadri is still awful and a huge idiot douche

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I also agree with that.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

bewbies posted:

sucks that tiny avalanche defenseman wasn't there the day in pee wee hockey where they told you to get up against the boards when you're taking a hit

You get a perverse amount of satisfaction when hockey players suffer severe injuries from dangerous collisions. Just awful stuff.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Carolina being dirty little piss babies at the end of that game.

https://twitter.com/hayyyshayyy/status/1528500246120218625

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The only fair outcome, I think, is to just disqualify both the Avalanche and Blues.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Matt Zerella posted:

Carolina being dirty little piss babies at the end of that game.

https://twitter.com/hayyyshayyy/status/1528500246120218625

It’s almost like Tony D has chased himself out of every organization he has been in because he is a trash human being. But Carolina loves him!

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

fermun posted:

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/1528418997942853632
about what I expected to happen. Kadri's contact with Binnington wasn't his fault, running into Rosen changed his direction just like he said. Also, while funny, can't let a guy retaliate off-ice, should be a fine like MacKinnon throwing a helmet at a dude after the whistle last year.

LMFAO Binnington continues to get perma-owned by Kadri. This must be driving him insane

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

bewbies posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExAIolvVCYI

Boarding is, in fact, a penalty

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/Peter_Baugh/status/1528503107927392258
Blues fans having a normal one.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

All he did was knock out their backup and let them put their starter in.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Binnington, no!!!

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

First Binnington got his knee injured by Kadri. Then he got fined because of Kadri. Now he's going to go to prison because of Kadri :ohdear:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/MollieeWalkerr/status/1528512952298573827

:3:

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

correct. the video you linked is not a board

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Carolina is the better team but rangers have been making this pretty close one way or another

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
in other news I think the Rangers need to play like they did tonight again in game 4. it was nice to give up a lot fewer shots but I feel like we weren't using our offensive talents on the breakout or rush.

we got outpossessed today, but I thought we had better chances and let Igor handle his stuff. i say we go with what got us to the dance. if we play a low event game, that's Carolina's type of party. our type of party is getting out possessed and owning on the rush and power play. LGR baby, love da Rangers

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

in other news I think the Rangers need to play like they did tonight again in game 4. it was nice to give up a lot fewer shots but I feel like we weren't using our offensive talents on the breakout or rush.

we got outpossessed today, but I thought we had better chances and let Igor handle his stuff. i say we go with what got us to the dance. if we play a low event game, that's Carolina's type of party. our type of party is getting out possessed and owning on the rush and power play. LGR baby, love da Rangers

The spreadsheet says you are completely and categorically wrong.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I think it would be swell if Huberdeau and Barkov decided to participate in the 2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs (tm)

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

correct. the video you linked is not a board

A boarding penalty shall be imposed on any player who checks or pushes a defenseless opponent in such a manner that causes the opponent to hit or impact the boards violently or dangerously. 

:ok:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

shyduck posted:

I think it would be swell if Huberdeau and Barkov decided to participate in the 2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs (tm)

I agree and think it’d be cool if they won, say… oh, the next 12 games they play.

Watch then lose tomorrow like 11-2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

As someone who hates both teams the Kadri thing was not intentional. If they suspend on that Kreider is already permanently out of the league. Note I am only referring to the current standard and not endorsing a viewpoint in either way if that is the "right" standard.