Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

quest curse warlock go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Made legend with this Big Beast deck, one big change that won me a couple of games was adding in a copy of Dire Frenzy.

### Beastly
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 1x (0) Devouring Swarm
# 2x (1) Arcane Shot
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Far Watch Post
# 2x (2) Quick Shot
# 2x (2) Selective Breeder
# 2x (3) Harpoon Gun
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 2x (3) Revive Pet
# 2x (4) Azsharan Saber
# 1x (4) Blademaster Okani
# 1x (4) Dire Frenzy
# 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
# 2x (5) Pet Collector
# 1x (5) The Rat King
# 1x (6) Beaststalker Tavish
# 1x (7) Hydralodon
# 2x (7) Mountain Bear
# 1x (9) King Krush
# 1x (9) Wing Commander Ichman
#
AAECAbv5Awrl7wPn8APK+wOU/APbkQThnwS9oATaowTHsgTnuQQK9+gD6ukDqZ8Eqp8Eu6AE16ME5aQEwKwEwLkEg8gEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I first put Dire Frenzy in as a way to refill the deck with more mountain bears or to make more rat kings; but I found that the best play was using it later on a Sunken Saber, either from hand or from a Revive Pet. That way the sabers keep pulling themselves out of the deck, sort of like having a bunch of copies of Persistent Peddler.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Excelzior posted:

quest curse warlock go

That's one hosed up mirror match

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Made legend with this Big Beast deck, one big change that won me a couple of games was adding in a copy of Dire Frenzy.

### Beastly
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 1x (0) Devouring Swarm
# 2x (1) Arcane Shot
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Far Watch Post
# 2x (2) Quick Shot
# 2x (2) Selective Breeder
# 2x (3) Harpoon Gun
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 2x (3) Revive Pet
# 2x (4) Azsharan Saber
# 1x (4) Blademaster Okani
# 1x (4) Dire Frenzy
# 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
# 2x (5) Pet Collector
# 1x (5) The Rat King
# 1x (6) Beaststalker Tavish
# 1x (7) Hydralodon
# 2x (7) Mountain Bear
# 1x (9) King Krush
# 1x (9) Wing Commander Ichman
#
AAECAbv5Awrl7wPn8APK+wOU/APbkQThnwS9oATaowTHsgTnuQQK9+gD6ukDqZ8Eqp8Eu6AE16ME5aQEwKwEwLkEg8gEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I first put Dire Frenzy in as a way to refill the deck with more mountain bears or to make more rat kings; but I found that the best play was using it later on a Sunken Saber, either from hand or from a Revive Pet. That way the sabers keep pulling themselves out of the deck, sort of like having a bunch of copies of Persistent Peddler.
Interesting. I'm gonna have to practice piloting this because it looks a ton of a fun but I'm just getting destroyed at the moment

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
here’s my current updated list for otk uther that I’ve been playing around with for quite a while

### OTK Paladin
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Aldor Attendant
# 2x (1) Blessing of Wisdom
# 2x (1) Crystology
# 2x (1) Knight of Anointment
# 1x (1) Sphere of Sapience
# 1x (1) Tour Guide
# 1x (2) City Tax
# 2x (2) Flash of Light
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Libram of Wisdom
# 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
# 1x (3) Auctionmaster Beardo
# 1x (3) Lord Barov
# 2x (3) Stonehearth Vindicator
# 1x (4) Cariel Roame
# 2x (5) Aldor Truthseeker
# 2x (5) Libram of Justice
# 1x (7) The Leviathan
# 1x (9) Uther of the Ebon Blade
#
AAEBAYsWCJ29Ao7TApvNA4/OA5PQA5HsA4v4A7CyBAv2B90K2f4C7IYDyrgD/bgD67kD7LkDysEDzOsD+aQEAA==
#

replaced liadrin with leviathan for more consistency in getting your combo pieces

the earliest you can pull off the combo is turn 9 if you coin uther on 8, played tour guide any turn before that, and have 3 zero cost spells (discounted librams or holy spells by cariel), since it takes 9 mana to do beardo and the 3 undiscounted horsemen. otherwise you’re usually pulling it off on turn 10+ if you can get all the pieces and survive until then

been having a lot of fun with it, if anyone has any suggestions on further refinements please let me know :)

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Excelzior posted:

Interesting. I'm gonna have to practice piloting this because it looks a ton of a fun but I'm just getting destroyed at the moment

It took some getting used to, a couple things I’ve figured out:

Mulligan for Harpoon and Watch Posts always, against DH you can keep arcane and quick shots. If you already have a Harpoon you want to look for either breeder or saber. If you’re against priest, Druid, or warrior you can keep Mankrik.

If you’re playing breeder early you almost always want to take saber so that you can start pulling beasts from your deck.

Because of the fewer # of beasts the Harpoons lose some consistency; don’t forget that Mankrik shuffles your deck so if you play Harpoon turn 3 and there’s only one or 0 beasts on the bottom, playing Mankrik the next turn will reorder the deck so you can try again to dredge a big beast.

On a similar note, if you don’t have anything on the bottom to dredge just hold your second swing until you get a saber to die

Don’t try to get too cute with Rat King, I almost never want more than two, maybe three copies on the board because of how much it restricts you.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
I did it! I finally made it to legend after half a year of playing and watching hs youtubes. Im playing Mech Paladin.

Ol' Limber Legs
Nov 20, 2002

PLEASE KILL ME NOW

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

### Beastly
# Year of the Hydra

#

This deck is extremely my jam, thanks. The dire frenzy has definitely been key in just about every game. It just set up an extremely satisfying win against a very emote spamming ramp Druid.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So curse warlock is pretty fun... but playing against quest hunter is hosed. When you curses damage them, it progresses their quest!!! No to mention them playing the curse counts as playing a spell for their hero power

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Excelzior posted:

the only hard counter to curse warlock is quest hunter

which will probably get nerfed in the next wave along with aggro dh so...yeah...that's going to be fun.

:thunk:

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So curse warlock is pretty fun... but playing against quest hunter is hosed. When you curses damage them, it progresses their quest!!! No to mention them playing the curse counts as playing a spell for their hero power

Huh that sounds like a pretty good reason to play Quest Hunter to me :shrug:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Quest Hunter is the worst, anyone who plays it should have a finger chopped off

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Quest hunter is pretty mediocre now that ramp druid exists again

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

goferchan posted:

That's one hosed up mirror match

I'm now actually running the quest as a tech card specifically for the mirror

it is almost impossible to lose once Tamsin is out since the curses only hurt your opponent

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
This is not a well tuned list. It's not winning a lot. It's fun though. That turn 4 Polkelt, turn 5 Holy Wrath, 20 damage to face feels great.

### Giant Wrath
#
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 2x (2) City Tax
# 2x (2) Equality
# 2x (2) Flash of Light
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Potion of Heroism
# 2x (2) Seafloor Savior
# 2x (2) Tuskarrrr Trawler
# 2x (2) Vitality Surge
# 1x (3) High Priest Thekal
# 1x (3) Lord Barov
# 1x (4) Lorekeeper Polkelt
# 2x (5) Holy Wrath
# 1x (7) Lightforged Cariel
# 2x (20) Molten Giant
# 2x (20) Naga Giant
# 1x (25) Shirvallah, the Tiger
#
AAEBAZ8FBr2GA86HA5PQA/bWA+CLBOWwBAyzA9wK7dICysEDzOsDi/gDi40E7p8EjbIEqbMEktQE2tkEAA==
#

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

what the gently caress, how does someone play two Guffs in one game

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Lumbermouth posted:

what the gently caress, how does someone play two Guffs in one game

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I am fine losing to a lot of decks, but gently caress is Ramp Druid like actively unfun to play against.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

You know what I hate? Dealing with so many Guffs in Duels. But what do I love? Surprising them with Manastorm and going hog wild with big minion mulligan. :getin:

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Dredge is, to me, what Discover should have been, and I’d still be happy to see Discover as a mechanic take a hit to only offer two, or have some further restriction to avoid seeing the fuckin’ third or fourth copy of the Mage & Paladin Mech Colossals.

(Like, Discover being hard set to never find Legendaries, given their entire point is being balanced around being 1* would be a start)

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

### Giant Wrath
#
# 2x (2) City Tax
# 2x (2) Equality
# 2x (2) Flash of Light
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Seafloor Savior
# 2x (2) Tuskarrrr Trawler
# 2x (2) Vitality Surge
# 1x (3) Divine Favor
# 1x (3) High Priest Thekal
# 1x (3) Lord Barov
# 1x (4) Cariel Roame
# 1x (4) Lorekeeper Polkelt
# 2x (5) Holy Wrath
# 1x (7) Lightforged Cariel
# 2x (20) Molten Giant
# 2x (20) Naga Giant
# 1x (25) Shirvallah, the Tiger
#
AAEBAZ8FCKcFvYYDzocDk9AD9tYDkewD4IsE5bAEC7MD3ArKwQPM6wOL+AOLjQTunwSNsgSpswSS1ATa2QQA
#

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Yestermoment posted:

You know what I hate? Dealing with so many Guffs in Duels. But what do I love? Surprising them with Manastorm and going hog wild with big minion mulligan. :getin:

Such a fun card, wish it wasn't so rare.

My Duels weekend: losing to Rod of Roasting in a game that was 99% a lock, and then a few games later my opponent and I both having Book of Wonders. On turn two his hit Survival of the Fittest and mine hit Catyclysm. I hung in for 5 or 6 turns then Alt-F4'd that poo poo to go take out my aggression on house chores.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

The worst mistake by hearthstone devs over the years imo are cards that allow you to get around the 2 copies/1 legendary limits in decks. The balance is so critical on those limits, so anything that gets around them fucks everything up.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Lister posted:

The worst mistake by hearthstone devs over the years imo are cards that allow you to get around the 2 copies/1 legendary limits in decks. The balance is so critical on those limits, so anything that gets around them fucks everything up.

i think it's a cool effect on cards like Shadow Visions and Elementary Reaction but Guidance being type-agnostic and drawing the card if played makes it a little bit silly/obnoxious, I agree

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

what’s the deal with guff carrying a treant on his back was that explained anywhere

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

This is what I am working on today. So much draw and 3 hand refills lol:

### DrawLoc
# Class: Shaman
#
# 2x (0) Murloc Tinyfin
# 2x (1) Murloc Tidecaller
# 1x (1) Sir Finley Mrrgglton
# 2x (1) Spawnpool Forager
# 2x (1) Toxfin
# 1x (1) Unite the Murlocs
# 2x (2) Amalgam of the Deep
# 1x (2) Firemancer Flurgl
# 2x (2) Prize Vendor
# 2x (2) South Coast Chieftain
# 2x (2) Underbelly Angler
# 2x (3) Coldlight Oracle
# 2x (3) Murloc Warleader
# 2x (3) Nofin Can Stop Us
# 1x (4) Old Murk-Eye
# 1x (4) Scargil
# 2x (7) Everyfin is Awesome
#
AAEBAc+LBQbgBYQXm8QCnJsDqO4D5bAEDNsD+AenCL8Xt2yMlAO1mAO24QOz6APd7AOV8AOywQQA
#

EDIT: I love filling someone's hand and watching them burn cards

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 23:16 on May 22, 2022

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

People think this is a normal Murloc deck, but it burns the opponents deck, forces them into bad decisions to keep their hand from overflowing,

https://hsreplay.net/replay/wXU4wwMLApg9WD3UD3U3aW

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Cry Havoc posted:

what’s the deal with guff carrying a treant on his back was that explained anywhere

In what art?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

oh my god curse warlock is disgusting im on a 80% wr tear

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

RatHat posted:

In what art?

moonlit guidance above

I recall seeing it pop up in at least another portrait / card art

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Excelzior posted:

oh my god curse warlock is disgusting im on a 80% wr tear

Man I haven't touched that or quest priest since the patch (which were previously my go-to pet decks!) because I've been having so much fun with naga priest. What's the list you're running? I'm excited to jump back in

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Maybe I'm being reactionary, but I feel like Naga have killed my interest in BGs for a while. I've played them a bit, tried a few variations, won a couple games. Now I'm kind of bored with them but at the same time they're still kind of a steamroller so not playing as them feels like a guaranteed 5th place.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

RatHat posted:

In what art?

Cry Havoc posted:

moonlit guidance above

lost in the park has it too

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Maybe I'm being reactionary, but I feel like Naga have killed my interest in BGs for a while. I've played them a bit, tried a few variations, won a couple games. Now I'm kind of bored with them but at the same time they're still kind of a steamroller so not playing as them feels like a guaranteed 5th place.

It's a little better than the Quillboar launch, which had that same problem -- I like that the patch also introduced several non-Naga minions, and I like that some of the Naga have interesting synergies with other tribes and aren't totally insular. I think it's definitely a bit overtuned but probably not totally busted, and the balance in general received a big shakeup with the removal of Buddies. We haven't seen a big Battlegrounds-focused patch since they launched; check back in in a few weeks after adjustments and I think they could probably settle into a decent pace. I'm definitely tired of them being included every game though, I'll be happy when that ends.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Cry Havoc posted:

moonlit guidance above

Tauren sometimes carry around a big wooden log/totem and use it as a weapon(Guff even has one in one of his hero portraits), I guess Guff turned his into a treant.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

RIP

Capped
Jun 21, 2005

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I've been climbing and winning with beasts, mechs, dragons, and elementals against them easily especially when half the lobby is still doing naga no matter what. Murlocs seem to struggle and demons always seem weak to me.

Get rocked by tess though, because of the aforementioned half the lobby.

Maybe because nagas never seemed as oppressive as quillboars were at launch, idk.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I did 24 damage from hand as a Thief Rogue last night vs a Curse Warlock. I went Shadowstepped Mr Smite into Prep>Azsharan Vessel into Gone Fishin' for the Sunken Vessel, then Wicked Stab for the kill. I even had Scabbs hero power and Tooth up my sleeve for an extra 3 damage. If I had another Wicked Stab instead of the Tooth, that could have been 30 damage from hand on Turn 10. I think with a perfect setup you can technically do 38 damage from hand in one turn using Fillet Fighters as well.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Know what’s really funny, and gets you a lot of hate messages?
Tamsin & Curse, and use Azshara for the Ring that copies a spell at 1 cost (thus triggering Tamsin)

Drop:
Curse Minion (3 Mana)
Tamsin (3 Mana)
Curse (3 Mana)
Tamsin Curse (0 Mana)
Ring Curse (1 Mana)
Tamsin Ring Curse (0 Mana)

Depending on number of Curses you’ve dropped already, that’s 1/2/3/4 for 15/20/25/30 instant damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

you can also use the School teachers with Brann to double up Nagalings that cast Dragged Below

they'll overkill with the 2nd cast if needed so ANY minion will do

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 12:56 on May 24, 2022