Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

lol that people didn't think birds were dinosaurs at all until like 35 yrs ago. joe burrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
It was more recent than that. I grew up with the dumb lizard dinos. T rex waddling like a drunken sallaryman after a bender.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Play this as loud as you can in your backyard and watch Nextdoor light up as people start asking about gunshots

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/jonas_shaffer/status/1528447610503237632?t=NW6vIIc9nKFn4Wi_0DnLAw&s=19

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Scott Solomon

Edit: Chris Gocong

Woozie66 fucked around with this message at 06:42 on May 23, 2022

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/1528728330765213699

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

fae-goh?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Faygo

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
drat came here to post that

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTzt3lrRaM

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

As true today as it was then

https://twitter.com/RSRLombardi/status/1529148833409679360?s=20&t=4GrqJvmeXS029KkJrPcsNw

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

amen

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I swear I heard that before though. Maybe I'd just heard of that. But I know I remember hearing Billick going off in the locker room that was a censored version before. Maybe I'm confusing it with the second Jaguars game that year where we played absolutely miserably but they managed to play worse and we won 15-10. It was the second game of the touchdown drought. And after the game on the season highlights they showed Billick saying "You go on the road against a drat good team that's absolutely desperate for a win and that's something to be proud of"(paraphrased). But I think it was in Hard Knocks the folllowing year they showed that again and he had more to it. He was like "Yeah they're going to give us all this poo poo about 3rd down percentage and yards per attempt. Well gently caress em!"(again paraphrased).

But the "gently caress the titans" thing was definitely known about so it's nice to see it. I would also like to see how Billick reacted after some of the TD drought games. Like how was that team handling that. But they don't show that very often but maybe there's hope. They released some stuff of the 25-0 loss to the Bucs in 2002 and you got to see them handling that loss. So I want to see more of that for the 2000 season. Now that it's been over 20 years I don't think it matters.

That Jacksonville game was really bad though. Just looking back through the play by play. There was one sequence where Matt Stover kicked off poorly and Jacksonville just didn't bother to pick up the ball and we recovered it and it shows up as a 36 yard "onside kick". I remember it though because I watched with my dad in the basement and remember seeing the ball bouncing and he was like "We can recover that...we can recover that!!" Then later there was a play where the Ravens threw a pick to defensive end Tony Brackens on our own two yard line. And he FUMBLED and we got it back. An absolutely rotten game.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 00:01 on May 25, 2022

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't know

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/10-first-impressions-from-first-ravens-ota-organized-team-activity-kyle-hamilton

quote:

The Ravens' young wide receiver quartet didn't have its finest day and Rashod Bateman was frustrated with some near misses. Bateman burst past Brandon Stephens on a deep pass but had the pass glance just off his fingertips. Then Bateman didn't come down with a leaping end zone fade after he beat Marlon Humphrey with a nice move at the line. Tylan Wallace had a couple drops over the middle and James Proche II punished himself for a drop with 10 push-ups. Devin Duvernay did score a red-zone touchdown from about five yards out. It's just one practice, but it will feed into some people's concerns about the wide receiver unit.

We are completely hosed at wideout this year.

We badly need some sort of stopgap solution at WR2. People say Landry wasn't a fit but he would have at least brought some experience to the group and been a guy that could have a few good games throughout the year, and a guy the other defense couldn't just ignore. Now we're back to this bullshit again. I know I don't want the team bothering with WRs anymore but we should have at least a solid 1 and 2.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 23:35 on May 25, 2022

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Lamar wasn't there today so until proven otherwise I am going to assume a good portion of those drops were just because Huntley kind of sucks.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I know for a fact without looking at the Bengals receivers looked loving incredible in otas.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/10-first-impressions-from-first-ravens-ota-organized-team-activity-kyle-hamilton

We are completely hosed at wideout this year.

We badly need some sort of stopgap solution at WR2. People say Landry wasn't a fit but he would have at least brought some experience to the group and been a guy that could have a few good games throughout the year, and a guy the other defense couldn't just ignore. Now we're back to this bullshit again. I know I don't want the team bothering with WRs anymore but we should have at least a solid 1 and 2.

wrong, we should abandon wrs like you have already suggested

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the ravens should have drafted kyle pitts. you can trade up in drafts so it doesn't matter what number anyone went

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

the ravens should have drafted kyle pitts. you can trade up in drafts so it doesn't matter what number anyone went

Hello Mr. Meyer can I have an autograph?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's spelled mayer, ya drat wiener!!!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

wrong, we should abandon wrs like you have already suggested

We should abandon using high draft picks on them. But we should have at least two guys who are competent.

It's just that I think we should stick to positions in the draft we aren't historically incompetent at developing.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 10:35 on May 26, 2022

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sometimes receivers are really good before nfl. no "dev time" needed. got to figure out finding one of them guys

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

sometimes receivers are really good before nfl. no "dev time" needed. got to figure out finding one of them guys

That's what I feel like we'd need to change the WR culture here. Some sort of Randy Moss. Like I could see a situation where maybe a major talented WR falls like Kyle Hamilton did and we have no choice but to draft him. And then that guy ends up exceeding expectations and beating double coverage. Then everything might change.

But for now it's not going to. And part of the reason is that our formula really hasn't failed us over these years even though WR has been such a glaring weakness that we do worse than other teams. That's why lately I'm saying just lean into our strengths.

The other thing that could make it change is years of prolonged failure causing organizational shakeups like getting rid of the coaches, GM, most of the players. And starting from scratch. But again we've never had to do that so that's why we build teams very similar to how we did back in 1999.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

got to look for a cooper kupp, chris godwin. michael thomas. tee higgins, tyreek hill, deebo samuel, aj brown. dk metcalf. those type of guy. after the 1st round. draft 3 or 4 wrs in a year. that should give them about a 35% chance of getting a wr who is already good and didn't learn how to be good from an nfl team.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

That won't work on the Ravens. Partially because we already have a successful formula with minimal WR use so those guys would end up just rotting on the bench or out there and not getting targets. Hollywood Brown is the best WR we ever drafted and he hated the offense here. He was one of those good WRs who didn't need to be developed despite his occasional lapses and we still had the same issues.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 12:18 on May 26, 2022

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Ut oh

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Brown was fine. Imo it's smart not wanting to pay him #1 money.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

Brown was fine. Imo it's smart not wanting to pay him #1 money.

I agree he wasn't worth the Ravens paying him #1 WR money based on his performance here. But I do think he could end up playing his way into that sort of money elsewhere. But on the Ravens guys are probably not going to end up getting that unless they are Randy Moss or Calvin Johnson. That's why I feel bad for Bateman.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://defector.com/bengals-beat-writers-fail-to-do-their-jobs/

Are the Steelers the only rapist free Ravens' rival this year?

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

The Puppy Bowl posted:

https://defector.com/bengals-beat-writers-fail-to-do-their-jobs/

Are the Steelers the only rapist free Ravens' rival this year?

Ravens and Steelers are the rape-free alliance of the AFCN and thus remain at the top

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Thanks for paying a guy who averages 11 yards a game mark andrews money

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hwut the Browns doing?!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

david is going to have 61 receptions for 724 yards this season, and 6 touchdowns. baker couldn't see to pass to him most of the time.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/ryanmink/status/1532423982162509824

Yeah just...be that

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
To be fair Proche has succeeded with every opportunity he's been give. Dude had an 80% completion rate and more than 10 yard average on targets last year. It's just that it was only 20 targets. I think he has more than enough talent to be a starting slot WR in the NFL. We simply need to see it over a bigger sample size.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

To be fair Proche has succeeded with every opportunity he's been give. Dude had an 80% completion rate and more than 10 yard average on targets last year. It's just that it was only 20 targets. I think he has more than enough talent to be a starting slot WR in the NFL. We simply need to see it over a bigger sample size.

What I understand is that he is a very skilled player but he lacks the size and speed to be a huge star. Then again this is the Ravens, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he were to go somewhere else and be very productive.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
https://mobile.twitter.com/FlockCwood/status/1532359322184962054

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't worry. they'll make a book when lamar wins the afc title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Lamar already has a book (that he wrote himself). :owned: