Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
They’re going to make the oled 3ds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I'd buy three OL3DS tbh

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

I’d rather wait for the New OL3DS

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I have an OLED 3ds. It's called my android phone and it is mostly a superior experience to my cherished 2ds xl. I'd buy an official one tho

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

KingSlime posted:

I have an OLED 3ds. It's called my android phone

:dafuq:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

KingSlime posted:

I have an OLED 3ds. It's called my android phone and it is mostly a superior experience to my cherished 2ds xl. I'd buy an official one tho
You're sick in the head mate.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
I'd like to play 3DS games on my OLED Switch.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
I'm serious y'all citra mmj has pretty amazing performance these days, a fact I just discovered last week. With a stereoscopic controller its really comfortable and it's hard for me to go back to the original hardware which I have right here fully modded and ready to go. The pixel screen is just too good

If only my 2ds xl screens could be as grossly incandescent...

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
They really ought to port kid icarus uprising to switch, it would benefit a lot from having 2 sticks. Loss of a 2nd screen would complicate it though

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Yeah alternatively they should keep porting upscaled 3DS games so I can just play them on my switch instead. A lot of games are just fine without the second screen, but they could also do it the way emulators do, let you customize the layout or toggle screens with the press of a button

Still waiting to see wtf is up with etrian Odyssey.... I thought they would have made something new by now!!

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
the 3d effect was kinda bad on the 3ds but man it was one of my favourite nintendo consoles

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

new 3ds xl was goat

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I got one of the $99 Walmart black friday ones. Great use of a hundred bucks.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Man I'd pay like $30 or $40 for a baten kaitos port on switch. That game was neat n the environments would really pop on the OLED.

Never really played the second one either. I'd buy it separately too, someone please share this information with your uncle at monolith soft

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Baten Kaitos Origins is a pretty incredible game. I'd drop full price on a port of both. I didn't like the first as much but you do get a lot of mileage out of lore in the prequel-sequel if you play it first

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
I remember thinking that the magus card system was so deep and intricate with the way that they evolved or even in some cases "rotted" and became spoiled with time. Probably a nightmare for completionists, but it was really unique

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

KingSlime posted:

I remember thinking that the magus card system was so deep and intricate with the way that they evolved or even in some cases "rotted" and became spoiled with time. Probably a nightmare for completionists, but it was really unique

https://www.speedrun.com/baten_kaitos_eternal_wings_and_the_lost_ocean#100

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I loving love Etrian Odyssey but without 3DS/DS idk how they're going to really handle the mapmaking part of the experience. Unfortunately it felt like such an integral part of poo poo, swapping to map back and forth won't be the same as having the dual screens.

I last heard about a "new Etrian project" like 3 or 4 years ago and then there's just been silence. Atlus takes eons before releasing stuff like a new Persona/SMT game and I'm guessing they got burned out from making so many Etrian games on the 3DS.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Jesus Christ. Oh well completionists enjoy being punished swiftly and mercilessly

DLC Inc posted:

I loving love Etrian Odyssey but without 3DS/DS idk how they're going to really handle the mapmaking part of the experience. Unfortunately it felt like such an integral part of poo poo, swapping to map back and forth won't be the same as having the dual screens.

I last heard about a "new Etrian project" like 3 or 4 years ago and then there's just been silence. Atlus takes eons before releasing stuff like a new Persona/SMT game and I'm guessing they got burned out from making so many Etrian games on the 3DS.

Imo they could either set it to automatically map and have you add icons only. But pulling it up with L or whatever and using your finger would work ok too. Over time the game becomes more about party synergy anyways so as a long time fine I could live with a slightly decreased focus on mapping.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The Baten Kaitos 100% speed run is a god drat trip and it's worth watching a video about just for the novelty of a two-week speed run.

I also wouldn't mind playing it again, got far in the first one before I got bored of the gameplay and got stuck, the story itself was kinda generic but had some cool twists and the characters were alright.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Wintendo

Mega64
May 23, 2008

hosed up if true.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Skies of Arcadia Legends and Baten Kaitos 1+2 are my dream JRPG ports for the Switch. :pray:

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

lmao that the vita came out more than a decade ago and is still a technically better handheld than anything nintendo, who has been in the game for 30+ years, has ever produced

i love the switch's game selection but god drat this feels so rear end backwards

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's very unfair to compare any gaming console to the Vita, the greatest console of all time

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

switch actually has games

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’m gonna say it but the Vita was bad sorry. PSP was better

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the vita was good and sony unfairly killed it

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

free hubcaps posted:

lmao that the vita came out more than a decade ago and is still a technically better handheld than anything nintendo, who has been in the game for 30+ years, has ever produced

i love the switch's game selection but god drat this feels so rear end backwards

i bought a vita (means life) to play psp and psx games on it but it's just so uncomfortable to hold and use i haven't really played anything on it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Nintendo should make a Switch Super Lite that can actually fit into a freaking pocket

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it’s good if you hack it. the first party games and tbh most of the native library are total poo poo but being able to play ps1/PSP and loads of home brew is really good. i’m talking about vita not switch

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
By the time people figured out how to use regular SD cards instead of the proprietary Sony garbage it was too late

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Nintendo should make a Switch Super Lite that can actually fit into a freaking pocket

Get bigger pockets.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mega64 posted:

Get bigger pockets.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the nintendo switch needs more games

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the nintendo switch needs more games

There aren't even any Ridge Racer games on the Switch

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It's very unfair to compare any gaming console to the Vita, the greatest console of all time

:yeah:

if capcom somehow manages to sneakily add soul sacrifice delta, the greatest cooperative game ever made, to the switch's huge but poorly optimized library of games, we may have a competition on our hands

Feels Villeneuve posted:

There aren't even any Ridge Racer games on the Switch

there isnt even any playstation allstars on teh switch!!!

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Man exploration in XB:DE is so chill. Right now my strategy is to beeline to plot line stuff in expert mode and stop to do side quests only if I'm under leveled. I'll still take time to explore the geography but only doing maybe 30 to 25 percent of sidequests seems to be working out well

Mega64
May 23, 2008

free hubcaps posted:

:yeah:

if capcom somehow manages to sneakily add soul sacrifice delta, the greatest cooperative game ever made, to the switch's huge but poorly optimized library of games, we may have a competition on our hands

there isnt even any playstation allstars on teh switch!!!

Switch has all the Playstation All-Stars! Cloud, Sephiroth, Solid Snake, Richter, Joker, Kazuya, Sora...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

super mario rpg is still not on the nintendo switch...

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 22:34 on May 23, 2022