Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Slimy Hog posted:

I disagree

Do you want to see something beautiful? Turn off your monitor. :grin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Does anyone know what the title of someone you hire to critique your work is? Is that an editor?

Also, I'm gonna toot my own horn and say that I kind of enjoy being able to draw my character always smiling even while getting beat up. If I ever make her stop smiling that's going to be a very serious moment, and with the psychic link, I can have off-screen reactions to how bad she feels / how hurt she actually is. So I get to sell my cake and eat it too.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl posted:

Does anyone know what the title of someone you hire to critique your work is? Is that an editor?

Also, I'm gonna toot my own horn and say that I kind of enjoy being able to draw my character always smiling even while getting beat up. If I ever make her stop smiling that's going to be a very serious moment, and with the psychic link, I can have off-screen reactions to how bad she feels / how hurt she actually is. So I get to sell my cake and eat it too.

I think that might be a beta reader? Not sure if that comes before or after an editor, though.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Stand Still. Stay Silent

Those ghosts don’t seem all that friendly

Sigrun doesn’t give a gently caress

Reynir’s getting the hang of this dream magic thing

Spirit dog guides the way

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Makai no Ossan! Read right to left

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More
The Property of Hate

MACAW.AVI
Dec 1, 2013

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
That edit is inspired

Elviscat posted:

.... where do you work that men fighting each other with giant throbbing cocks with weapons attached to them is SFW?
All the important bits are covered

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Well, I work at the giant throbbing cocks with weapons strapped to them factory. But I don't use a computer, I just hose the cum out of the grates, so I can't really be looking at that comic either.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the oglaf is adequate

this one is good imo

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Boba Pearl posted:

100% Free and open source tool called https://obsidian.md/ Obsidian, it's insanely useful.

It's got goofy stuff, like web view to see who is connected to what and how.

That's awesome! I'm writing a novel (or ten) and need to organize my thoughts, I watching a YouTube video on how to use this to help, thanks!

I'm sorry I missed the great probing of PYF.

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

I mean really, imagine if you saw a grainy b/w video of this

Could also be found having choked to death in breakfast nook

POMMES ODER BROT

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

e-dt posted:

I mean really, imagine if you saw a grainy b/w video of this

Another classic. A BLOOO BLA BLOO has stuck with me

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
CLEARLY he retained extra skin from the lower arm to reduce the number of stitches near the frequently flexing joints GOD ROAST BEEF THINK

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Boba Pearl posted:

Yeah, that'd be a beta reader or just a friend.
And yes, I enjoy the link and the logical flow of "What the hell is that smear stuff" to "oh, that's Magical Targetting Fluid"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Transdimensional Brain Chip

169. Saucers

170. Calculating

171. Fields

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Angus Tales

And that's the last Angus Tale! Next issue we'll start getting vignettes from the life of an entirely different character.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

TBC: The War and Peace of Spy vs. Spy Comics

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Concerned: The Half-Life and Death of Gordon Frohman

Ah, Team Fortress. If you've even played just a few rounds of this Half-Life mod, well, you're lying. No one has ever played just a few rounds of Team Fortress. If you played it, you played weeks of it. Months of it. Ah, the memories.

Then came word of the sequel, some screenshots, a handful of drool-inducing gameplay videos, and then approximately 762 years of waiting. And still we wait. Supposedly, it is still coming soon. We still believe. We have to. In the meantime, Battlefield 2 will have to do.

As far as Frohman escaping Counter-Strike, well, when you lead hostages to a rescue zone, they vanish. It makes more sense than the end of "Donnie Darko" does, anyway.

Warez, for the uninformed, is the term for illegally downloaded software. I remember there was an exploit built into Counter-Strike: Source where if you changed your name to "%n" while you were playing, and then typed "kill" in the console, it would cause anyone using a pirated version of the game to disconnect. Word was, about half the players on any given server would vanish when someone used this exploit. Dunno if it still works; never tried it myself..

Finally, there actually is a "slow teleport" in Half-Life 2, so I'm not just pulling it out of my butt or anything. Oh, and de_dust is probably the most popular of the CS maps. There, I've detailed all the references, now feel free to laugh uproariously at the freshly-explained humor.

Posing Notes: To make it look like Frohman was diving through the window, I just positioned him in front of it, set up my remote camera, went inside the building, and chucked a grenade near the window, which blew the glass out while I took pictures. If you look closely you can see the smoke and the explosion of the grenade, so do me a favor and don't look closely.

I haven't played "Plan of Attack" yet (it's a new Counter-Strike-esque HL2 mod that's still in beta) but I've heard a lot of good things about it.
I have to take a short break, as I'm having some difficulties with the game crashing to desktop nearly every time I go in to make the comics, and it won't let me load prior saved games, which is a bit of a problem. I tried reinstalling Steam and HL2 this weekend, but it didn't solve the problem, so I think it's some sort of conflict with other software I've got loaded.

New comics will resume on Monday, August 29, earlier if I fix the problem before then.

Speaking of saved games, I usually will do the posing for one or more comics in the same sitting, which results in a saved game that looks sort of like a wax museum, with multiple poses, spawned characters, and discarded ragdolls littered about the level.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Chas McGill posted:

Another classic. A BLOOO BLA BLOO has stuck with me

I ain't ever even read Achewood before really and A BLOO BLA BLOO also sticks with me for some reason.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

It's time for detailed explanations.

Apocalypse Johto Part 3: Silver Bullet
Chapter 29: Pain Split

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Tree Bucket posted:

Yeah, I guess we can give Heathcliff a pass as the characters are only ever drawn from that one angle. (I tried drawing the cat head-on and it just doesn't work.)
For some reason the cartoony represantational style bugs me a lot less in Nedroid than in Heathcliffe.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I thought the rule against front facing Reginald was still in place!

:vomarine:

beaviss
Dec 20, 2021

https://twitter.com/yoloswagstudios/status/1528072509534326784

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Wow, it's just like Kelly but really bad.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
"people of cancer" is funnier than it should be

e:

but

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Wow, it's just like Kelly but really bad.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Pinocchio
Chapter 36.3

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

I don't remember if yoloswag is an actual actual nazi or if it's just the terminal irony poisoning alarm going off.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
"Butt Money" and "Big Homo" are pro tier usernames though

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

World Famous W posted:

Pinocchio
Chapter 36.3

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

I just noticed that TBC has canonicalized the plural of Ulf as "Ulfs" instead of "Ulfves"

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Flipperwaldt posted:

I don't remember if yoloswag is an actual actual nazi or if it's just the terminal irony poisoning alarm going off.

According to my 30 seconds of googling he's a fan of Stonetoss and chummy with the nazi webcomics circuit, so I guess that depends on whether your definition of actual nazi includes people who "ironically" promote them.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta
Educational comics from the thirties count, right?

Maybe NSFW?

https://twitter.com/EclecticHams/status/1528794311457923077

Technocrat has a new favorite as of 22:26 on May 23, 2022

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Foxfire_ posted:

I just noticed that TBC has canonicalized the plural of Ulf as "Ulfs" instead of "Ulfves"
Death of the author :colbert:

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

Technocrat posted:

Maybe NSFW?

Be careful when urinating, you might piss all the blood out of your left leg.

Felonious_Monk
Oct 26, 2008

Technocrat posted:

Maybe NSFW?

what kind of sick freak pisses pinky out?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Felonious_Monk posted:

what kind of sick freak pisses pinky out?

Its called class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

According to my 30 seconds of googling he's a fan of Stonetoss and chummy with the nazi webcomics circuit, so I guess that depends on whether your definition of actual nazi includes people who "ironically" promote them.
That's a firm yes from me then. Thanks for looking into it.