Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

Maybe your faction level isn't high enough for the foundation?

Maybe, the only way to raise that is the single daily (ish?) quest or finding them in need in the wild?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
I think all the rep glitches for the Settlers have been fixed so, yeah, the Daily and the randoms in the wild are the only way.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Flesh Forge posted:

imo the smartest first purchase is one of the backpack weight reduction mods, from either faction (raiders = chems/stimpacks, settlers = food), that's 3 perk points and is good for every character

Oh neat, but who do i actually trade it with? I looked all over crater and foundation and no one is selling anything.

And i really should work on getting the actual backpack someday, but its just such a long drawn out questline.

I could not resist calling the Nuka Cola I made "My blood is in it".

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
You have to have finished the Wastelanders main quest to unlock those vendors iirc, the machines to convert the currency are available to everyone but not the vendors. I think the only public vendor you can spend bullion at before finishing the Wastelanders quest is Minerva? The Raider vendor is a Mr. Handy robot named Mortimer:
https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Mortimer_(Wastelanders)

e: unlocking the backpack should take you like an hour post 50, the only slow part should be healing other downed players and you can generally get that done at one of the nuke events.
https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/The_Order_of_the_Tadpole

there's a lot more you can do with collecting scout badges but that's not necessary just to unlock the backpack.

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 18:47 on May 21, 2022

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Flesh Forge posted:

You have to have finished the Wastelanders main quest to unlock those vendors iirc, the machines to convert the currency are available to everyone but not the vendors. I think the only public vendor you can spend bullion at before finishing the Wastelanders quest is Minerva? The Raider vendor is a Mr. Handy robot named Mortimer:
https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Mortimer_(Wastelanders)

e: unlocking the backpack should take you like an hour post 50, the only slow part should be healing other downed players and you can generally get that done at one of the nuke events.
https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/The_Order_of_the_Tadpole

there's a lot more you can do with collecting scout badges but that's not necessary just to unlock the backpack.

Ya I've revived a ton of people during the Alien events, so i have that one. The one i'm stuck on is the Bravery task, but the guy I'm supposed to talk do just keeps telling me to bring up a bloodblood stinger, which i have, but he keeps asking for one.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I dunno what to tell you, I took three characters through that quest and didn't have that problem :shrug:

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Ya I've revived a ton of people during the Alien events, so i have that one. The one i'm stuck on is the Bravery task, but the guy I'm supposed to talk do just keeps telling me to bring up a bloodblood stinger, which i have, but he keeps asking for one.

That's the bot at Dolly Sods, right?

I do this daily to farm the Scout coins:

You need Radroach Meat, a Bloatfly Gland, a Bloodbug Proboscis, a Stingwing barb and a Tick Blood sac.

Make sure you actually have ALL 5 of those when you talk to the bot, the quest will only complete if you hand in all 5 at once. There is no "have this, I'll come back later with the other poo poo" to it.

Sensenmann fucked around with this message at 19:07 on May 21, 2022

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Sensenmann posted:

That's the bot at Dolly Sods, right?

I do this daily to farm the Scout coins:

You need Radroach Meat, a Bloatfly Gland, a Bloodbug Proboscis, a Stingwing barb and a Tick Blood sac.

Make sure you actually have ALL 5 of those when you talk to the bot, the quest will only complete if you hand in all 5 at once. There is no "have this, I'll come back later with the other poo poo" to it.

Yea that's who it is. And that's probably the issue. I'll grab the parts first then go back.

So that was weird, i logged in and it said I had to move my camp, but there was no one there. I guess they must have left as I was logging in?

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 05:05 on May 22, 2022

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
That can happen, yes. If there was a camp when you logged in and the other user logged out it will be blocked by a ghost for a couple of minutes.

Another reason could be a Survival Tent at your usual camp spot. That blocks camp placement as well. Same rules apply here, if the user with the camp leaves the world or moves their camp, your will be blocked by the ghost for a bit.

Other, more rare reasons are:

You stacked crops. As in, you placed several plants in the exact same spot. Used to be a thing to save room for other stuff.
That can trigger this as well but I think it has been fixed so crop stacking is no longer possible.

An enemy spawn point is close by. That can sometimes trigger this as well although, usually, the mobs just end up in your camp. Much in the same way as you fast travelling to a player camp can spawn you inside the foundation of your destination and you have to FT out and back again because your character gets stuck.

Sensenmann fucked around with this message at 08:50 on May 22, 2022

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Are the Pioneer Scout exams broken? I've tried the swimming one six times and cannot get more than 4/5 right even though I know the answers are right.

Of course I get it as soon as I post this. The swimming one is WHACK though.

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 15:59 on May 22, 2022

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Sensenmann posted:

That can happen, yes. If there was a camp when you logged in and the other user logged out it will be blocked by a ghost for a couple of minutes.

Another reason could be a Survival Tent at your usual camp spot. That blocks camp placement as well. Same rules apply here, if the user with the camp leaves the world or moves their camp, your will be blocked by the ghost for a bit.

Other, more rare reasons are:

You stacked crops. As in, you placed several plants in the exact same spot. Used to be a thing to save room for other stuff.
That can trigger this as well but I think it has been fixed so crop stacking is no longer possible.

An enemy spawn point is close by. That can sometimes trigger this as well although, usually, the mobs just end up in your camp. Much in the same way as you fast travelling to a player camp can spawn you inside the foundation of your destination and you have to FT out and back again because your character gets stuck.

Yea there was nothing there, no enemies, no other camp, no survival tent. I just left that server and went to another and everything was okay.

Someone did drop a nuke just above White Springs so I managed to kill a bunch of ghouls there, but i still didn't get nearly enough mats to refine the flux's I got. Its a start though. What can I do with inert flux's? Also it was kind of bad because they're such bullet sponges i used up literally all my ammo, except my fusion cells, my lasgun broke before i went through its ammo. So now I don't have any steel because i had to use it to make more 10mm and 5.56.

This double Xp weekend is great, i already hit 76, so I grabbed Legendary Strength as my second legendary perk card. Figured that would be better than any other choice right now. I'll probably grab the one for perception or endurance at some point. I was looking at builds out there but every combat/adventuring build seems based either being a sniper or a heavy weapons person. I really don't like FO4/76 guass weapons.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

riffleman and commando builds are essentially the same, just swap the specific weapon type perks. there is a little difference between sneak attack oriented and loud but that's pretty obvious (take sneak/sneak attack dmg perks or don't).

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Yea there was nothing there, no enemies, no other camp, no survival tent. I just left that server and went to another and everything was okay.

Someone did drop a nuke just above White Springs so I managed to kill a bunch of ghouls there, but i still didn't get nearly enough mats to refine the flux's I got. Its a start though. What can I do with inert flux's? Also it was kind of bad because they're such bullet sponges i used up literally all my ammo, except my fusion cells, my lasgun broke before i went through its ammo. So now I don't have any steel because i had to use it to make more 10mm and 5.56.

Inert Flux is an excellent thirst quencher. Gives the same amount of rads as Boiled Water but gives a slight buff to disease resistance and it fills the thirst meter by 25%. It's really great and my adventures into nuke zones when I was a low level made me appreciate it a lot.

For nuked Whitespring it's a good idea to slot in Glow Sight. Helps a lot against those Ghouls at lower levels.

quote:

This double Xp weekend is great, i already hit 76, so I grabbed Legendary Strength as my second legendary perk card. Figured that would be better than any other choice right now. I'll probably grab the one for perception or endurance at some point. I was looking at builds out there but every combat/adventuring build seems based either being a sniper or a heavy weapons person. I really don't like FO4/76 guass weapons.

The only good Gauss weapon, imo, is the Gauss shotgun and even that kind of sucks because of the charge mechanic. If you keep in mind that it needs to be charged to deal max damage it's one hell of a beast, though.

Re: Builds

What kind of build do you have in mind? If by adventuring you mean a couple of QoL perks slotted in for carry weight and all that jazz, that's not overly difficult. The only thing you have to be careful with is not mixing builds that are widely incompatible.

By that I mean that they should, if possible, make use of similar Special stats.

You can make builds that can use everything but you won't have a lot of fun with them. Mix two weapon classes and you can make some pretty hard hitting stuff that can carry a whole lot and not die all the time. Add a third into the mix and your build starts to struggle. Once we are at four different weapon classes, it will just plain suck rear end. :)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Adventuring means general utility I guess? I want to be able to do damage, and be able to survive the fight. I also want some stuff that makes moving around the map easier. So Travel Agent. But yea i want to only focus on 1 or 2 weapons. I mostly use my railroad rifle for sniping, I have a handmade and a 10mm smg for most fights and a laser rifle for when i need to do energy damage. The laser gun has double shot legendary on it so with the beam splitter and automatic reciver its basically a mini laser gattling gun. Its super fragile though so have to use it sparingly.

I have 3 slots, so slot one will be the adventuring. Second is crafting, which is easy to do, just dump any crafting related perks into it, and the last I'm making a power armor thats suited for doing events like Earl or the Queen. So increase the survivability and useage of power armor but also buffing heavy weapons. I have a gattling plasma and a regular gatting gun i use for it. That one is secondary because the adventuring one does it well enough for now.

So i think for weapons for the main build i have been focusing on automatic rifles, but i'd like to increase the damage of the railroad rifle a little, and i think thats still the rifle builds?

This is what i'm currently working on. It still is a bit funky because i haven't gotten all the perks i think I want for it yet.
https://nukesdragons.com/fallout-76...p0le1&lp=xb2xa0

I grabbed the Junk Collectron from the store, but it made me wonder if other collectrons only collect what they're called? Does the Silver one in the SCORE board just collect silver?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Adventuring means general utility I guess? I want to be able to do damage, and be able to survive the fight. I also want some stuff that makes moving around the map easier. So Travel Agent. But yea i want to only focus on 1 or 2 weapons. I mostly use my railroad rifle for sniping, I have a handmade and a 10mm smg for most fights and a laser rifle for when i need to do energy damage. The laser gun has double shot legendary on it so with the beam splitter and automatic reciver its basically a mini laser gattling gun. Its super fragile though so have to use it sparingly.

I have 3 slots, so slot one will be the adventuring. Second is crafting, which is easy to do, just dump any crafting related perks into it, and the last I'm making a power armor thats suited for doing events like Earl or the Queen. So increase the survivability and useage of power armor but also buffing heavy weapons. I have a gattling plasma and a regular gatting gun i use for it. That one is secondary because the adventuring one does it well enough for now.

So i think for weapons for the main build i have been focusing on automatic rifles, but i'd like to increase the damage of the railroad rifle a little, and i think thats still the rifle builds?

This is what i'm currently working on. It still is a bit funky because i haven't gotten all the perks i think I want for it yet.

I grabbed the Junk Collectron from the store, but it made me wonder if other collectrons only collect what they're called? Does the Silver one in the SCORE board just collect silver?

You can use the terminal at any collectatron to change what they collect, so you can have a silver collectron, but have it gather stuff from any other collectron you might own, like nuka-cola, gold or junk.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Yeah, this is a funky one. :)

So, Strength:

Barbarian isn't that good and later on you'll find better armor anyways. Blocker is much, much better. Swap those two.

Perception:

First, make the Railway Rifle full auto. Can still be used for sniping in VATS and since it can't be silenced anyways it makes no difference if it takes 1 or 5 shots to kill something. That way you can have all Commando perks and don't waste damage.

I think you're the one who didn't want mutations? If so, Ground Pounder is really important as you don't have Speed Demon. You also want Concentrated Fire. Being able to target limbs in VATS is important for Commando builds.

Two Rank 3 Commando perks is actually not as good as having 3 Rank 2 Commando perks. Two Rank 3 equals 40% more damage. 3 Rank 2 equals 45%.

Endurance:

Iron Clad and Lead Belly are a waste. Iron Clad because you will eventually get better armor and Lead Belly because eating or drinking isn't that punishing on the Rads and Radaway is pretty much everywhere.

Since you don't seem to be the sneaky type Adamantium Skeleton is the better choice. You can replace that with whatever you want once you're in PA.

For the remaining point I'd use either Cola Nut or Aqua Boy/Girl. None of those are necessary so you could also move that point into a different special stat.

Charisma:

Tenderizer is a must. Hard Bargain can be swapped in when you hit the vendor bots but at all other times it should be Tenderizer.

Intelligence:

Portable Power is an absolute waste. Parts ON a chassis weigh nothing and the Chassis weighs only 10 lbs when in your inventory. Once you jump into PA, not even the Chassis weighs anything. The perk might look like a good thing on paper but in reality it does pretty much nothing unless you are an obsessive hoarder who runs around with 10+ different Chassis or multiple single pieces not stored on them.

Science Expert. I'm assuming this was in for crafting reasons. It's not supposed to be slotted in for any other reason.

So by removing those 2 you have room for 3 more ranks or other perks. Batteries Included needs to be at 3. Power User 2 or Gunsmith 2 should be used instead. You don't have Electric Absorption yet to quick refill the cores so making them last longer is a good idea. Gunsmith is good so your weapon doesn't break all the time but for now you only have room for Power User 2 or Gunsmith 2. Swap them as needed.

Agility:

This is the really funky one. You don't want to sneak, it seems, and that's ok. However, Commando is a definite VATS playstyle and your AP pool is low, so you need something to counter that. The one point you technically have from Endurance should be swapped to Agility. Not only does this increase the AP pool it also allows you to slot in Action Boy/Girl for much needed AP refresh.

To get some more AP refresh, Corn Soup or Lemonade. Company Tea is the best option but that requires a fair amount of ingredient farming and you might not know the recipe yet.

Goat Legs is a waste. It might seem good early on but the only punishment for dying is dropping all your junk. Take the risk and should you plunge to your death, respawn and collect your junk from your death bag.

Acrobats on two armor pieces completely negates fall damage so that's what you should be aiming for. There is also no fall damage in PA so if in doubt, jump into your frame before you take the plunge.

Luck:

Lucky Break doesn't trigger often enough to warrant using it. Same for Quick Hands. You have Ground Pounder, the speed this gives to reloading is the better option.

Use Ricochet for additional tankyness instead.

https://nukesdragons.com/fallout-76...c1c52&lp=xb2xa0

If you want to keep using this build and expand on it, you need to focus on getting a couple more Legendary Special perks up and running so you have more perk points to distribute.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Fantastic. Yea that build was my only build for a long time and it was a result of per 50 thinking, where I was "what do i need RIGHT NOW?" so it has a lot of weird stuff in it that is situational or I thought would be good at like level 30 but never replaced it.

I can change special stats at the punch clock can't I? I want to reduce int and put it into endurance. I want to keep cha at 4 because holy poo poo there are a lot of 4+ charisma checks i've found. And they're not always paired with a strength or intelligence check.

I keep thinking of grabbing the ammo converter from the shop because i have tons of .308 and .44 and other ammo I am not going to use so could convert it to stuff i actually use. But I don't want to spend 500 atomics and then have it go on sale or show up in the next SCORE or something. I feel like there might be a big atomic shop sale July 4th? Anyways, Ammo is my biggest issue right now, and its less lead now and more steel. Should I grab the scrapper perk for my crafting build?

Also god drat I hate floaters, by far the worst enemy.

Oh and I finished the stings and things daily, yea you need to bring everything together not one at a time. The hardest thing was the bloatfly glands because there was a deathclaw in the area were they spawn and it had killed all the bloatflys and 1 of the honey beasts before dying itself. Now I just have to get the badges. Oh god all of these are super annoying and I don't even have the recipies to finish a bunch of them.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 17:35 on May 23, 2022

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

If anyone on PC is able to die in some water so I can rez them that would be cool. I tried it with a friend and the bear near Site Alpha but the bear hit me and then E only drank the water vice rez'ing which was real dumb. Do they have to be like fully in the water like under water or in like, a puddle?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I have some time in the next couple of hours, my ingame name is brick911 or I'll wait around a bit on the F76 discord
https://discord.com/channels/483328734452121621/500078846457020417

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 22:28 on May 23, 2022

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Fantastic. Yea that build was my only build for a long time and it was a result of per 50 thinking, where I was "what do i need RIGHT NOW?" so it has a lot of weird stuff in it that is situational or I thought would be good at like level 30 but never replaced it.

I can change special stats at the punch clock can't I? I want to reduce int and put it into endurance. I want to keep cha at 4 because holy poo poo there are a lot of 4+ charisma checks i've found. And they're not always paired with a strength or intelligence check.

Punch clock, yes. At any train station, the 3 Faction locations and your camp.

Why reduce Int? Yours is already a bit on the low side when it comes to PA perks. None of the Charisma checks in this game matter in a significant way.

quote:

I keep thinking of grabbing the ammo converter from the shop because i have tons of .308 and .44 and other ammo I am not going to use so could convert it to stuff i actually use. But I don't want to spend 500 atomics and then have it go on sale or show up in the next SCORE or something. I feel like there might be a big atomic shop sale July 4th? Anyways, Ammo is my biggest issue right now, and its less lead now and more steel. Should I grab the scrapper perk for my crafting build?

Most high levels have the ammo converter in their camp, just use that. And yes, Scrapper is a must. If you have enough Intelligence, you should have it slotted in at all times so you can scrap on the fly. Or just swap it out, if you keep remembering it.

quote:

Also god drat I hate floaters, by far the worst enemy.

Oh and I finished the stings and things daily, yea you need to bring everything together not one at a time. The hardest thing was the bloatfly glands because there was a deathclaw in the area were they spawn and it had killed all the bloatflys and 1 of the honey beasts before dying itself. Now I just have to get the badges. Oh god all of these are super annoying and I don't even have the recipies to finish a bunch of them.

Check all the gore bags near Super Mutant locations, they can have most of the parts required for the Stings and Things daily.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Unless they changed it the ammo converter kind of sucks and is painful to use.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

yeah it's an exercise in suffering, don't touch it until you have a very large amount of whatever ammo and can do it in the largest increments it allows (which still don't feel very large)

maddening they don't have a "convert ALL of this ammo" option

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've tried to use ammo converters in other camps and it just spins around.

And it is the tadpole badges that are going to be annoying. Killing a radstag with a crossbow and a bow? The best one is the mammal badge as it just requires me to take pictures of animals and the forest spawns lots if them. I'm sure there are guides out there that show you easy ways to complete them all.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

And it is the tadpole badges that are going to be annoying. Killing a radstag with a crossbow and a bow? The best one is the mammal badge as it just requires me to take pictures of animals and the forest spawns lots if them. I'm sure there are guides out there that show you easy ways to complete them all.

for the kill ______________ with a _____________ challenges you can get them down in damage and finish off with whatever you need to use and it counts as a kill.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

there are two interactible parts to the ammo converter, you want to use the terminal part. this gives you a standard Fallout terminal UI that you do menu picks from, like any other terminal poo poo.
PS: bows are *really strong* if you use them as sneak attack items. they're not as convenient as any reapeating gun but they're Not Bad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwhMG6-IWgc

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Next time I get a bow or crossbow i'll hold onto it and get hunting I guess. I went and did all the exams with the guide just to get them out of the way. The one that looks easy but isn't is the hacking one, because I cannot remember the last time I saw a level 3 terminal. Lots of level 3 locks everywhere.

And I discovered that Flux's are heavy AF and all that I had collected is filling my stash up, but I don't want to just dump them because I can sell them, but I already exhausted the days cap supply. Oh poo poo I guess I could have just bought an expensive plan and then bought all the caps back by selling the unneeded fluxes. Also found someone who dumped 1400 railroad spikes on the ground and at first I was "my ammo problems are over!" and then instantly realized that stack of them weighed like 50.

I only need one more pure violet flux to get the prime reciver on my handmade, so one more decent nuke site adventure should do it. The bottleneck seems to be the fluids. Someone dropped a nuke on Morgantown (which was hilarious because I was doing the Vault Tec U quest with the overseer when it happened, I did not want to find out what happens when you're in an instanced area that gets nuked so I buggered off pretty quick), and killed a shiton of ghouls but only got 3 fluids. Lots of hardened masses though.

Also I didn't realize ultracite spawns in nuked areas as well. I was wondering how you got it other than scrapping scorch beast wings.

Is there any suggestions on how to get more adhesive? I've followed the guide but its pretty much "look everywhere" because it is, but I never seem to have enough. I can make vegetable starch but thats only keeping me in repairs and not letting me craft or mod anything new. THe best place I've found is a farm in the north west, a decent amount of glue spawns there plus theres all the plants you need to harvest for starch, but thats one place. I look through every tool box I find, but only about a third of the time is wonderglue or something similar in it.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 18:31 on May 24, 2022

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

re: adhesive you can go around to the various farm areas on the map and harvest all the crap to make vegetable starch, there's really a lot of it just lying around. Corn, mutfrut & tato, and purified water (you should be having gobs of water post 50)

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Also, remember to always have Green Thumb equipped when you go plant harvesting and Super Duper once you get to the crafting part.

Edit:

I fired up Mappalachia and generated this:

Sensenmann fucked around with this message at 08:52 on May 25, 2022

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Flesh Forge posted:

re: adhesive you can go around to the various farm areas on the map and harvest all the crap to make vegetable starch, there's really a lot of it just lying around. Corn, mutfrut & tato, and purified water (you should be having gobs of water post 50)

Yea i found a thread on reddit that mentioned that. I had a small plot for this but just plum forgot that there are tons of tatos, mutfruits and corn all over the map. I was able to make 40 startches which let me repair all my gear and make some railroad rifles. No automatic reciver for it though. I don't need scopes, I have a medium recon scope on it already!

And I got my prime handmade receiver made, now to get enough flux to make the decon shower.

Sensenmann posted:

Also, remember to always have Green Thumb equipped when you go plant harvesting and Super Duper once you get to the crafting part.

Edit:

I fired up Mappalachia and generated this:

I found a similar one because I was short violet flux for the above mod, and discovered that there is no violet flux if you nuke the mine for an earl. But tons in the bog, so I just waited until someone started a scorch queen event.

Which I promptly crashed right as she was about to go down so I missed out on the loot and Xp.

Do enemies have a cap? I noticed that I've never seen an enemy higher than 80.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Edit: Max level for an enemy is currently lvl 100

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Taerkar posted:

Edit: Max level for an enemy is currently lvl 100

Ah too bad I was hoping I was starting to out level enemies. I noticed the ghouls that spawn in blast zones cap at 75, and the scorch queen is always 80. I guess some enemies are capped? This was when I was at level 78/79.

Also I had completely missed super dooper, i never even thought about taking that. That's perfect for crafting builds. Also I ignored green thumb because I was still in Not FO76 mindset where you can collect enough stimpaks so you don't have to worry about eating old food or cooked food. But yea, having that would increase production of adhesive massively.

I do find it interesting that there are some rare items that have a single location with tons of it for easy farming, but some other stuff is just everywhere so it doesn't, but that kinda makes it harder to get. I have 30 bulk screws right now due to all the earls i've done, so they'll never be a problem. But copper? Yea still needing to pick up every lamp and phone i find for it. Feels like there should have been a mine for each metal, but there's really just a lead mine.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Some enemy types have a lower max level and certain regions have a lower cap as well I believe.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Elendil004 posted:

If anyone on PC is able to die in some water so I can rez them that would be cool. I tried it with a friend and the bear near Site Alpha but the bear hit me and then E only drank the water vice rez'ing which was real dumb. Do they have to be like fully in the water like under water or in like, a puddle?

As long as they are in a puddle it counts. The shallow water in the Encrypted area is one of the usual spots for this achievement, I think.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Taerkar posted:

Some enemy types have a lower max level and certain regions have a lower cap as well I believe.

I figured just the forest had a cap, the rest would level with you.

I had a funny thing when doing the quest in Vault Tek U, The Overseerer didn't follow me back to professer bots office, so the camera kept panning to where she would normally be standing, but there was nothing, but Prof Bot would act like she just replied.

Looks like this is the questline I need to complete to use my gold? Also i finally got my decon shower. Rads are meaningless to me.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 03:46 on May 27, 2022

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

I figured just the forest had a cap, the rest would level with you.

I had a funny thing when doing the quest in Vault Tek U, The Overseerer didn't follow me back to professer bots office, so the camera kept panning to where she would normally be standing, but there was nothing, but Prof Bot would act like she just replied.

Looks like this is the questline I need to complete to use my gold? Also i finally got my decon shower. Rads are meaningless to me.

Yep. You can still use gold in Crater/Foundation/at Minerva, but the real good poo poo is unlocked from a vendor after the questline you're currently doing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Psychedelicatessen posted:

Yep. You can still use gold in Crater/Foundation/at Minerva, but the real good poo poo is unlocked from a vendor after the questline you're currently doing.

Yea I figured I'd follow this one as soon as i found out what the vault was for. I looked into the rewards and the ones for making friends with the Settlers or Raiders are pretty good, and both have good stuff that's worth working towards. Maybe i'll shell out for a 4th build slot and try out a stealthy sniper build I can get the stealth armor.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

twistedmentat posted:

Are you actually going to the terminal to use the converter or just clicking the spin tray. You have to interact with the terminal to the side.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

CheeseSpawn posted:

Are you actually going to the terminal to use the converter or just clicking the spin tray. You have to interact with the terminal to the side.

Yea I figured that out eventually. But as another poster said, its really annoying how it works.

I just sided with the settlers on a whim, but I saw I get the Chinese Stealth Suit out their questline so yea I chose right. I can get the ammo thingy from the raiders by doing their dialies. I'm glad Bestheda was smart enough not to make this an all or nothing choice. Looks like you just get a bump in rep with who you choose to help you break into the vault? The other one doesn't hate you and i think you can give both factions equal shares.

I might grab a 4th build slot or turn my power armor build into a sniper build with the stealth suit. I have plans for the Soul Suvivor (Thanks Earl!) and thats basically the best sniper rifle in the game that isn't a gauss rifle, at least according to what i was able to find.

Also, silly me, I didn't realize my prime handmade requires ultracite ammo. Oops, as I didn't want to waste the resources, plus I'm sure Scorchbeasts and Queens count as scorched so its probably worth keeping around but I don't have quite the banked flux's to make that ammo in any decent amount. Oh well i made a new handmade and uses from of my legendary cores and resulted in 3* vampire legendary on it which actually seems to do pretty well, i can see my health increasing as it shoots.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

it is possible to do both questlines until almost the end and get a bunch of faction standing as well as the stealth suit, my first character I had no idea what a game changing item the stealth suit is and later discovered it takes literally like 3-4 weeks of dailies to get it unlocked otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chem
Apr 30, 2003

Chem fucked around with this message at 01:07 on May 29, 2022