Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

marumaru posted:

are vt*bers just LCD screens in live events

Yeah but the resolution is so crisp it's like a 2D picture is right in front of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marumaru
May 20, 2013

technology is amazing

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

marumaru posted:

gura is under house arrest in florida so she couldnt attend even if she wanted to

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Haku using his mirror jutsu to make all the Vocaloids look like 3D characters somehow

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

gura is under house arrest in florida so she couldnt attend even if she wanted to

you're telling me a house arrested a fish?

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

RareAcumen posted:

Haku using his mirror jutsu to make all the Vocaloids look like 3D characters somehow

Bacon wrapped hot dog

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Kild posted:

you're telling me a house arrested a fish?

who said anything about finana

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

marumaru posted:

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

truly anime has come to life

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I've heard (since I've wisely avoided conventions) that they do have those iPads on a wheeled drone to let the talent interact with fans and tour the convention grounds. Normally they just have panels though and those are just big screen events where they chat and answer questions.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Kwyndig posted:

I've heard (since I've wisely avoided conventions) that they do have those iPads on a wheeled drone to let the talent interact with fans and tour the convention grounds. Normally they just have panels though and those are just big screen events where they chat and answer questions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcjIR63P7c0&hd=1

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

The future is now

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I've been enjoying Ping Pong

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i'm watching gun x sword and it's good

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Tales of Woe posted:

hell yea

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tales of Woe posted:

Is this an Ecks, a Cross, or a silent X?

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

it's a shuriken

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Waffleman_ posted:

It's like Hunter x Hunter, it's silent.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
my favorite silent x is in yugioh zexal

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

my favorite silent x is in yugioh zexal

thankfully the dub fixed this oversight

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Im a genius.

Oh no!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm out in town seeing Wicked on tour and I swear Defying Gravity gets me every drat time.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

me when i read my own posts

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
land of the lustrous ft mothereffin' w

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
It feels weird that Seven Seas has gone from "the company constantly trying to push buttons with their licenses" to "one of the companies I buy from the most" over 20 years, but this news rules

https://twitter.com/_UW7S/status/1528767722040938504

Please don't gently caress up your response and make me regret that statement, 7S

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yo that rules

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

secretly best girl posted:

It feels weird that Seven Seas has gone from "the company constantly trying to push buttons with their licenses" to "one of the companies I buy from the most" over 20 years, but this news rules

https://twitter.com/_UW7S/status/1528767722040938504

Please don't gently caress up your response and make me regret that statement, 7S

This is awesome news on top of them probably being my favourite publisher atm

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i rewatched diebuster yesterday. i used to think it was kidn of middling but now my actual complaint is that unlike gunbuster i think the six episode run time just kind of limits all of its creative and narrative ambitions and that really bums me out now. it's probably one of my favorite 2000s gainax things and i think it'd go from like, very good, to great if it had an extra six eps to pace out nono and lal'c's relationship a bit more cause it's a much stronger core to me than a lot of gunbuster had and it's way too squeezed in there for how much it's, the thing that carries the entire story

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

RuBisCO posted:

This is awesome news on top of them probably being my favourite publisher atm

Yeah I think it's them or Yen Press if I look at my recent purchases. Just shows how much my tastes have shifted since my SHONEN SHONEN SHONEN days

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

The Colonel posted:

i rewatched diebuster yesterday. i used to think it was kidn of middling but now my actual complaint is that unlike gunbuster i think the six episode run time just kind of limits all of its creative and narrative ambitions and that really bums me out now. it's probably one of my favorite 2000s gainax things and i think it'd go from like, very good, to great if it had an extra six eps to pace out nono and lal'c's relationship a bit more cause it's a much stronger core to me than a lot of gunbuster had and it's way too squeezed in there for how much it's, the thing that carries the entire story
Diebuster rules but yeah the pacing is brisk

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Agreed about Diebuster. Even another hour of character/relationship development could have made the ending even more impactful than it was, and that's saying something considering how very few pieces of media have given me the level of overwhelming bittersweet feels that the finale of Diebuster did.

The soundtrack is so drat good too.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO-UCknsxl4

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
i'm just glad they made space for the tycho episode. nono repurposing tycho's earrings into a snowman at the end is my favorite part of diebuster.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
tycho's cool though i feel like she also is a bit of a victim of the pacing. she doesn't get to do much after her ep despite basically forming into a trio next to nono and lal'c in terms of personal growth and how she comes to view and treat them. it's kinda sad since she basically forms an opposite end from nicola where his downward spiral as a person and inability to really acknowledge or change himself ends up impacting the two, tycho becomes the one closest to and most understanding of them both

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Mentat Radnor posted:

Agreed about Diebuster. Even another hour of character/relationship development could have made the ending even more impactful than it was, and that's saying something considering how very few pieces of media have given me the level of overwhelming bittersweet feels that the finale of Diebuster did.

The soundtrack is so drat good too.
i still feel like a moron for not realizing what a Nono-Riri was until the explicit reveal and ALSO not figuring out what year it’s obviously supposed to be

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

TenementFunster posted:

i still feel like a moron for not realizing what a Nono-Riri was until the explicit reveal and ALSO not figuring out what year it’s obviously supposed to be

I got the (Diebuster spoils) Nonoriri mythology part almost as soon as the name was mentioned, since my first watch of Diebuster was immediately after my first watch of Gunbuster, but just like you I didn't realize the time frame and its relevance until that last scene hit, and oh jeez oh man what a moment when those lights came on and the wailing guitar lick comes in.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

i mostly remember feeling kind of disappointed/underwhelmed with diebuster vs really liking gunbuster

i think part of it is the pacing issues people mentioned and the main relationship feeling kind of undercooked?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's kind of undercooked but at the same time i like it a lot more than gunbuster because gunbuster is cool for like, the kind of thing it is. it's gorgeous and tells a pretty simple story with an entertaining lead. but it's so directly an aim for the ace homage that there isn't actually a lot of story there to find interesting beyond the ending, and some of its more distinct bits before then like smith are sort of clunky and poorly set up. diebuster's more cluttered but it's got way more narrative ambition and nono and lal'c's arc stands out more to me. not to call gunbuster bad just, i think it's more interesting that diebuster isn't copying shoujo so hard that it has a dramatic arc about one of the girls' romantic relationship with her sports coach who's like twice her age.

also, it's cool that diebuster is a yuri mecha anime. i like that aspect

i can get why gunbuster hits more for some people though because it being a simpler story does allow it to have more punch if it's the kind of thing you're looking for

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 01:37 on May 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the funny thing about gunbuster cribbing from aim for the ace, is that there is no coach romance arc in ace, thats a top invention. the ace coach arc is the weird relationship with his estranged sister who also happens to be hiromi's rival, and slight bitterness that he chose hiromi's passion over oranko's objective tennis skill. in ace, coach is gay for a buddhist monk