Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat
^very nice

Sleepytime fucked around with this message at 16:05 on May 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

p0stal b0b
May 7, 2003

May contain traces of nuts...

Are you ever going to publish a coffee-table book consisting entirely of images of abandoned plastic chairs? 'Coz I would probably unironically buy that poo poo. :colbert:

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

really like this

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

p0stal b0b posted:

Are you ever going to publish a coffee-table book consisting entirely of images of abandoned plastic chairs? 'Coz I would probably unironically buy that poo poo. :colbert:

I have the book and it owns

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

p0stal b0b posted:

I'll probably publish a zine when I've finally stopped shooting these chairs and have the time to curate a proper set.

Feel free to buy some of my other zines though, the latest 2 are collabs with other Dorkroom goons: https://www.magcloud.com/browse/magazine/613858

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.
Some real nice stuff these last few pages. I've been out of the game for a while but found a very interesting building on my rounds and think I got some good stuff out of it.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005

tompepper
Feb 14, 2005

over-under by Tom Pepper, on Flickr

legs by Tom Pepper, on Flickr

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Oh that's really smooth.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

I had a roll of SFX 200 sitting in my fridge for years so I finally decided to get an infrared filter and shoot it the other day.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

hell yeah

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005

Nice.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

this one is pretty rad

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Agreed with that sentiment, making me want to get out and shoot some IR

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
Somebody say infrared?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Megabound posted:

Agreed with that sentiment, making me want to get out and shoot some IR

It's like shooting in winter, but you don't need gloves.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

If winter won't come to Queensland I'll have to bring it myself.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

8th-snype posted:

Somebody say infrared?

hell yeah

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

tompepper
Feb 14, 2005

tie by Tom Pepper, on Flickr

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

More IR, this time with Rollei 400 infrared.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

this one is hitting the spot for me

and this

hope and vaseline fucked around with this message at 03:04 on May 30, 2022

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

alkanphel fucked around with this message at 15:05 on May 31, 2022

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST

tompepper
Feb 14, 2005

rags by Tom Pepper, on Flickr

lets-go by Tom Pepper, on Flickr

golf by Tom Pepper, on Flickr

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

100% crop

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Like this one a lot, I'd be really stoked if I took that.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

VelociBacon posted:

Like this one a lot, I'd be really stoked if I took that.

Cheers, yeah it was one of those “right place, right time” moments.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Twenties Superstar
Oct 24, 2005

sugoi

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

gently caress yeah gimme that head

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

i think the police (?) tape kinda detracts though

it's like "parking lot with a roman bust whaaaaat?" then it's like "whoa there's hazard tape too? too much man, too much"

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I think I'd enjoy this more in colour. In B&W the cactus is a bit lost. There's a lot of range between the light and dark in the cactus, but also in the background, and it ends up being a busy mess. My eye doesn't find anywhere to rest. The steps with their straight lines and uniformity stand out more than the cactus, but I don't think they're intended to be the subject. I think if it was in colour the green of the cactus would help it stand out from the background more.

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Jun 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenties Superstar
Oct 24, 2005

sugoi
thanks i appreciate that. personally im a little torn on the police tape - there are a few things that i like about them which (imo) is that they work well in the composition, are something a bit dynamic, and they fit in with the concept / theme in general. i think you are right though that maybe it is a bit much. its fortunate that they work on those levels but maybe a simpler more static scene would be better. idk i keep going back and forth the more i look at it

with the cactus i m more certain that i like it as is. youre definitely right that it would pop more in colour (the colour is lovely i remember it clearly) its a nice scene but i think a more boring one. i kind of like the supposed subject being an organic foil to the rigid geometry of the scene. its kind of funny. i dont want to overthink it

thank you again for the crit i didnt want to be dismissive in my response i thought about it pretty much all day before i wrote back and i think youve really guided me in a productive way