Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
They've gotten away with the crime for far too long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Metroid Pinball is allright

It's the licensed pinball that makes the most sense, the main character is already a ball (and turning her back to human shows up as a mechanic)

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I use the best Playstation console, the PC.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

I said come in! posted:

Duckstation is the only real viable way to still play PlayStation 1 games.
RIP Connectix VGS, perfectly playable PS1 emulation in 1999

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcD420hP3YM

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

my post in the feedback thread was the correct one and then everyone kept posting after that and that's why it all went rotten

i was not prepared for 'stux could be the next school shooter' posting however

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is there drama

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I think Stux is too old to go to school

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Are university/college shooters not school shooters?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’d categorize them as campus shooters

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

People were posting OFF TOPIC and that has caused drama

I don't want to read drama

Idiots

I want to see cool Xcom screenshots that make want to play Xcom
(I installed Xcom 2 on my PS5 last night)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Jay Rust posted:

Is there drama

The play station 5 has the wrong refresh rate

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Some people need to take a chill pill for real

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think "Relax or DIE" should be changed from a forum member's username to an actual forum rule

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I think "Relax or DIE" should be changed from a forum member's username to an actual forum rule

He had the chance when he was mod, and yet here we are

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
if that happens i'll have to get a new username

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

DIE or Relax

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Skate or Relax

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

bark bark bark. barkbarkbark bark bark bark.

translation: the world will burn :)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Relax or Post

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Die, die, die, die, or die.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Die, die, die, die, or die.

I'll have the fish!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Relax, don't do it

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Everyone quiet Dragons Dogma is ten years old and has a celebratory website

https://www.dragonsdogma.com/en-us/

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

extremely funny to check out the timeline and just see the game, it's ports, and the anime

you've sure done a lot with this franchise in 10 years, huh

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The wind is pushing me into the current again.......

I really should play more of that.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

The wind is pushing me into the current again........

Stop farting so much then

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Elden ring took the kill-so-many-wolves crown

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I keep thinking I want to try Dragon's Dogma, but then I remember I suck at action games and always give up after a few hours.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Walla posted:

I keep thinking I want to try Dragon's Dogma, but then I remember I suck at action games and always give up after a few hours.

Dragons Dogma is not the most accessible game either. It just feels really bad to play nowadays. Elden Ring is a much better game. The only thing really missing is being able to climb onto big monsters.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/1528921421375676417?s=20&t=_YRziimEKXlpFpvOW8TffA

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I said come in! posted:

Dragons Dogma is not the most accessible game either. It just feels really bad to play nowadays. Elden Ring is a much better game. The only thing really missing is being able to climb onto big monsters.

Elden Ring is out of my reach. I may try Dark Souls or Okami one day, and I'm honestly intrigued at the premise of Pandora's Tower on the Wii. But I have half a dozen Zelda games I never finished and more games I want to play than I will ever get around to and more coming out.

I also kind of want to try Kingdoms of Amalur, if only because I'm still a bit of a dumb Salvatore mark even though I knew his writing sucked 20 years ago.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

amalur is pretty decent, the combat is fun (especially mage) but the game gets bogged down under mountains of mmo style sidequests

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Activision is one of the most slimiest companies ever.

The trick is work for an indie game QA.

And even then, pray they don't go under :v:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Not sure who decided the final boss of Elden Ring needed to spend most of its time running away from the player and also that Torrent shouldn’t be summoned but it seems like a real dumb ill advised choice.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It was a pain in the rear end playing as a hammer wielding Strength guy, felt great to catch up and stagger it though

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
my entire elden ring experience was smashing a giant hammer into everything until it got stunned and eventually died no matter how practical or painful and id do it again in a heartbeat

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Last Celebration posted:

Not sure who decided the final boss of Elden Ring needed to spend most of its time running away from the player and also that Torrent shouldn’t be summoned but it seems like a real dumb ill advised choice.

you would think it would fit thematic considering how much Torrent is with you. Pain in the goddamn rear end.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
gettin back into Smash after a decade+ hiatus and drat it feels good. Snake is still a total rear end. Lol at the Stinger missile continuing to arc after braking it for maximum stealth

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Violen posted:

my entire elden ring experience was smashing a giant hammer into everything until it got stunned and eventually died no matter how practical or painful and id do it again in a heartbeat

This was my go-to for Bloodborne, swinging a giant weapon into things until they die is a pro Souls move even if I slightly prefer shooting lasers or fireballs at dudes.

Shindragon posted:

you would think it would fit thematic considering how much Torrent is with you. Pain in the goddamn rear end.

Part of me wonders if that was the plan and they just scrapped it cause it was too buggy, since Elden Beast kinda just feels like a magic dragon fight even ignoring the fire breath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Last Celebration posted:

I think that was George