Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's hilarious that the chicken fried conman is the least objectionable actor of those three

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

priznat posted:

Yeah but that was in the show, I'm talking they get weird like ship Walt with Hurley or something.

Rousseau and the Smoke Monster :heysexy:

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021

priznat posted:

I am glad lost predates "shipping" or at least I never remember hearing about it at the time

It’s from the 90s apparently, from X Files fans who wanted Mulder and Scully to get in a relationship

aka the worst X Files fans

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Usu Kai Ken posted:

It’s from the 90s apparently, from X Files fans who wanted Mulder and Scully to get in a relationship

Yup

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Usu Kai Ken posted:

Really? I figured it went back to like slash fiction in trek zines.

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Really? I figured it went back to like slash fiction in trek zines.

Oh yeah I’m sure the act of shipping is way older, it’s just the name comes from the X Files fandom (according to Wikipedia)

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
The clips of annie leibowitz photographing the alien with the lightsaber, just deadly serious .... fuckin slays me

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Mr. Meagles posted:

A flame-grilled angus beef patty with melted cheese, two onion rings, 1/4lb of tender slow-cooked roast beef. All covered with......caramel sundae topping (I presume)

Ok, I'll try it. but I dont expect good things

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Mulder/Scully was also pretty obvious.. I guess I was thinking of whatever time when things got weird when the show creators never even had the concept of pairing some characters and internet weirds just run with it.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I love too ship captain phasmid and babu frik

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

“Please stop chiseling that Enmerkar and Gilgamesh were docking their penises together in Uruk. That was not the intent of my epic.”

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Endless Trash posted:

“Please stop chiseling that Enmerkar and Gilgamesh were docking their penises together in Uruk. That was not the intent of my epic.”

The Tamarian language has really evolved.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I watched the Thor trailer twice some how it's not doing anything for me. I can't explain why the space adventure setting in 3 was so fun but not 4. Maybe because both Christian Bale and Natalie Portman are very serious and not fun actors. Also didn't Thor get a new axe, why does he need to go back the old hammer to prove his worth which is a Thor 1 plot?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

stephenthinkpad posted:

I watched the Thor trailer twice some how it's not doing anything for me. I can't explain why the space adventure setting in 3 was so fun but not 4. Maybe because both Christian Bale and Natalie Portman are very serious and not fun actors. Also didn't Thor get a new axe, why does he need to go back the old hammer to prove his worth which is a Thor 1 plot?

Have you considered it might not have appealed to you because superhero movies are crap for dumb diaper babies?

I’m just joking btw. Not about hating superhero movies, but I’m joking about belittling you for liking them.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I liked this episode

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Endless Trash posted:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

I love babu frik

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Many people are saying this.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

a friend of mine saw an early screening of TROS back in the day and I swear on my life, he said the only good thing about it was “the little money man”, meaning babu frik, and nobody knew what he was on about

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

I’m not gonna lie: if I had the opportunity, I would abduct Babu Frik and keep him in a birdcage.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
It happened, they hit 100k likes on the comment with an impressively small <400k views. The Batman confirmed*

*not confirmed

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Cubone posted:

christian bale is in the new thor? :raise:

WOW! HOT a What Baabhabhiat

is this meant to be beta ray bill???

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

juggalo baby coffin posted:

is this meant to be beta ray bill???

it is "gorr, the god butcher" from a comic published within the last decade that I have not read, but it appears to be fairly accurate both in appearance and in terms of posing like he's got his balls swinging freely but then you glance down and there's no balls visible

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
gor the God butcher was kind of cool and then really cool and then extremely not

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
assgardians

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
babu frik on the money plane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXpUPeNAHTo

billymumphrey
Mar 2, 2022

jazzyjay posted:

My local free to air just showed The Dirty Dozen followed by Bullitt. 10/10 dad movie combo, would machine gun Nazis from a mustang again

The ol' late night Aussie FTA approach!

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
severance was alright. would've made a better movie, like a lot of series

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Little Monkey Man

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Cubone posted:

it is "gorr, the god butcher" from a comic published within the last decade that I have not read, but it appears to be fairly accurate both in appearance and in terms of posing like he's got his balls swinging freely but then you glance down and there's no balls visible

based on the position of thor relative to a standing gorr the god butcher, combined with gorrs weird snout, i can only assume he has been brutally sucking thor off for weeks

also is that the comic where thor beats him by doing the old 'everyone clap for tinkerbell' move?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

stephenthinkpad posted:

Little Monkey Man

Wanna bet on the next pandemic?
Monkey Pox

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
In the Halo show they never got to the Halo

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I hate that snoutless design. Why is that ”look” so common in monsters? Having no nose removes a ton of character from faces

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

In the Halo show they never got to the Halo

You're kidding me

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Halo is no proper ringworld until you can meet and have sex with alien woman.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

PostNouveau posted:

You're kidding me

Apparently by the end of season one Reach hasn't even fallen yet.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Want to bet on whether or not the crew will make a video about having watched The Batman if they do indeed follow through on their partially-implied commitment made in a YouTube comment?

Money Plane.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

stephenthinkpad posted:

Halo is no proper ringworld until you can meet and have sex with alien woman.

She wasn't even an alien!

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Arc Hammer posted:

She wasn't even an alien!

She will always be a sexy alien to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

It's weird to see Halo faceplant like that because it's the epitome of boilerplate military scifi. Genocide war with aliens, mysterious precursor race with super weapons, Earth suppressing the colonies for resource wealth ala European colonial empires, it's all been done to death. I enjoy the universe because those cliches work for what they are but am amazed the writers seemingly fumbled it.