Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I propose we all go outside once a week to Clap for Climate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Zeroisanumber posted:

How does Piers Morgan keep getting headliner shows? The guy is an offputting dolt on his best days.
Lol if you thing people like Morgan or Tucker Carlson get those tv spotlight because of their charm. They are there because they say 100% what rich old rear end in a top hat like to ear on TV. TV is the echo box of the ruling class and you better sing in the choir.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Feels like we're about 2 steps away from Keith and the shadow cabinet just offering to suck off white van men to prove they've moved beyond the toxic legacy of Corbyn

K9
May 6, 2007

quote:

[Johnson] asked her, is there much point in doing it now that it’s all out there?” a Whitehall source said. “He was inferring that she didn’t need to publish the report.”

"implying" you dunce

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol i'm sure that £600 off from a windfall tax will do a lot of good

https://twitter.com/bbcbreaking/status/1529065520128983040?s=21&t=PYoRUuYvz2kaxIskBbNuVQ

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

MikeCrotch posted:

Feels like we're about 2 steps away from Keith and the shadow cabinet just offering to suck off white van men to prove they've moved beyond the toxic legacy of Corbyn

Is there nothing Corbyn hasn't corrupted?

https://twitter.com/republic/status/1529017556660781056

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol bjp

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
GANDHI MUST CONDEMN

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
stay and fight!

https://twitter.com/siennamarla/status/1529098189583810565?s=20&t=S2ExcbpW6b757vF_PmslMQ

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/Karenlovecheese/status/1529165908488462336

why the gently caress do people think he's about to resign lmao

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

i say swears online posted:

https://twitter.com/Karenlovecheese/status/1529165908488462336

why the gently caress do people think he's about to resign lmao

There's some rumours doing the rounds that Tory MPs are close to the number needed to force leadership contest, but at this point we've heard that claim so many times without action that it is impossible to believe

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Brits out

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

it’s actually the workers fault there’s a beer shortage :cheers:

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/nottingham-news/uk-warned-summer-beer-shortage-7121388.amp

quote:

Brits have been warned that they could face a "beer shortage" as hundreds of staff at the world's largest brewery are set to go on strike. Workers at the Budweiser Brewing Group's Lancashire site are walking out over a real terms pay cut which could result in a "lager drought" across the UK.

A strike could see the company facing a shortage of popular beverages such as Budweiser, Becks, Stella Artois and Boddingtons. In total, 225 union members working at the site, which is located in Samlesbury, near Preston, on a series of dates in June as the GMB union announced employees will strike over the cuts.

It will be the first time industrial action has taken place in its 50-year history.

Stephen Boden, GMB Organiser, said: "The last thing these workers want to do is jeopardise beer supplies just as the hot weather kicks in. But they’ve been pushed into this by bosses essentially slashing their wages during a cost of living crisis.

"Do they really except loyal workers to swallow a real terms pay cut? Anyone fancying a pint Budweiser, Stella Artois, Becks, Boddingtons or Export Pale Ale strike could go thirsty this summer.

"But it’s not too late for bosses to listen to workers and offer a fair deal.” The Union stated that months of discussions had taken place with the brewer, tabling a full and final offer of three per cent increase for 2022 and three per cent for 2023 with increases in overtime rates.

However, GMB stated that the cost of living crises and inflation at 11.1 per cent means that the offer amounts to a massive pay cut in real terms. The owner of Budweiser, AB InBev has stayed silent throughout the ordeal and has not yet commented on how this will affect availability of the beers over summer.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Eberybody i elgnad has to line up in front of a big picture of the Queen and say "sorry mum"

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
there are rumours that boris might apologise, which would surely kill him- if not from a sudden liquefaction of organs, then a swift caeser-like event

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Never Apologize

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

It does rule that the only people who've been fined have been low to mid level civil servants, the ones in charge who you definitely don't need the permission of before having a party in 10 Downing Street have all gotten a free pass.

Love my nakedly corrupt country. Much better we're doing this rather than the usual behind closed doors legalised corruption

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Absolutely nothing is going to come of the Sue Gray report and this whole thing will be forgotten when the next disaster/scandal happens.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

forkboy84 posted:

It does rule that the only people who've been fined have been low to mid level civil servants, the ones in charge who you definitely don't need the permission of before having a party in 10 Downing Street have all gotten a free pass.

Love my nakedly corrupt country. Much better we're doing this rather than the usual behind closed doors legalised corruption

Orbanism, Orbanism

*pounds table*

ORBANISM, ORBANISM

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Chas McGill posted:

Absolutely nothing is going to come of the Sue Gray report and this whole thing will be forgotten when the next disaster/scandal happens.

Remember the Russia report which was meant to show widespread political manipulation to favour the tories and it kept getting "delayed" enough times until it was forgotten about?

Last I heard it was meant to come out next month (next month being 1.5 years ago).

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Chas McGill posted:

i find it funny how it’s also outed an obvious MI5 spy and the lamest cover story imagined

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Whomst among us has not fantasised about quitting our boring city job, and running a rural pub on the Irish border. Perfect Sunday night BBC dramedy.

Imagine the cast of colourful characters. The cantankerous farmer, the dreamy young priest, the dark and mysterious man with an unclear past, the attractive young schoolmistress.

keep punching joe has issued a correction as of 11:11 on May 25, 2022

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/mtrc/status/1151531475336081408?s=20&t=30QFyvxxgvLzZToX1MoZ5A

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF3a-DQdDJI

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I want a bhaji

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

*taps sign that reads 'vladimir corbyn though'*

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

Корбын Владимир Давидович

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
https://twitter.com/johnestevens/status/1529432640335536129?t=nkodalXvlisiAyTjMWFEyw

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Hahaha

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Gottim

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Pretty :sad: attempt at attempting to mimic :smugdon:'s nicknaming of rivals.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

There's no coming back from this

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

drat you gotta resign after that

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

bitmap posted:

drat you gotta resign after that

Gotta sink set off all the nukes after that tbh

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

But beer doesn't rhyme with Keith - That's a terrible nickname.

vvvv lol, true true

namesake has issued a correction as of 13:41 on May 25, 2022

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

namesake posted:

But beer doesn't rhyme with Keith - That's a terrible nickname.

This is a terrible country, op

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
beith

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

beef shawarma

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

yum

Adbot