Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

3D Megadoodoo posted:

You cannot use an actual PS1 or PS2 memory card on a PS3. And nor can you use a Dual Shock controller; it's either a Dual Shock 3 or a Sixaxis.
:goonsay:
I probably still own an official Sony memory card USB adapter ... and I have no idea why or what it was used for.

edit: terrible snipe tax paid with a terrible meme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

teethgrinder posted:

I probably still own an official Sony memory card USB adapter ... and I have no idea why or what it was used for.

edit: terrible snipe tax paid with a terrible meme

They were for transferring your saved games from your cards onto your backwards compatible PS3.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

You cannot use an actual PS1 or PS2 memory card on a PS3. And nor can you use a Dual Shock controller; it's either a Dual Shock 3 or a Sixaxis.

Yeah and you're never gonna believe this, but they did actually release one or two games on the PS3.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Dabir posted:

Yeah and you're never gonna believe this, but they did actually release one or two games on the PS3.

Tokyo Jungle

Journey

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dabir posted:

Reported for lying to me, a special boy :(

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cat Hatter posted:

They were for transferring your saved games from your cards onto your backwards compatible PS3.
or downloading saved games from gamefaqs.com

I actually used mine for both purposes

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u35v_NkTua8

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

3D Megadoodoo posted:

yeah okay, who am I gonna believe? Columbo? Or a Finn?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

yeah okay, who am I gonna believe? Columbo? Or a Finn?

Of course you'll believe the literal cop, as you are a moran who should get a brian.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Of course you'll believe the literal cop, as you are a moran who should get a brian.

Columbo is the only good cop cause he's a working class schlub who brings down rich powerful assholes who kill for personal gain

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dabir posted:

Columbo is the only good cop cause he's a working class schlub who brings down rich powerful assholes who kill for personal gain

Falling for copaganda is the gooniest hobby.

apropos of nothing

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 18:03 on May 24, 2022

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Columbo is a cops and therefore a bastards, but sometimes that's not so bad. There might be one good apple, somewhere.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Columbo's one of the good ones

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Falling for copaganda is the gooniest hobby.

All Gobs are Bastabs :: DDD

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I mean, they're fictional. Its fiction, you don't get mad about dragons existing in stories do you? You can absolutely have shows with a mythical good cop. Now are they obvious pro-cop propaganda? Maybe.

Also is Sherlock Holmes a cop or not? Technically he isn't, but he does cop poo poo anyway

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Dragons are bourgeoisie

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Sherlock Holmes is a cop.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A Moose posted:

I mean, they're fictional. Its fiction, you don't get mad about dragons existing in stories do you? You can absolutely have shows with a mythical good cop. Now are they obvious pro-cop propaganda? Maybe.

Also is Sherlock Holmes a cop or not? Technically he isn't, but he does cop poo poo anyway

I don't read stories with dragons because I'm not 4 anymore.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

WesleySnipesCryingAndHoldingGun.jpeg

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
We posting acab?

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

:craboot::craboot::craboot::craboot:

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Sherlock Holmes let a lot of people go, especially in property crimes, like the Blue Carbuncle. Sherlock Holmes was not a cop

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

gleebster posted:

Sherlock Holmes let a lot of people go, especially in property crimes, like the Blue Carbuncle. Sherlock Holmes was not a cop

The worst fictional cop is the disgusting sociopath Father Brown in the TV series. Like if a wife-beater's wife finally kills her husband when he starts beating their kids, and would otherwise get away with it because the official filth are completely incompetent, father Brown convinces them to confess so they'll be executed, and then when they realize what's gonna happen and try to kill themselves instead, he saves them, so they can be executed.

Sorry for spoiling every episode in every season.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I don't get the Maryland one. Is the joke that Maryland people are really patriotic? Is it just that their flag is hideous? What's the intention?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Dabir posted:

I don't get the Maryland one. Is the joke that Maryland people are really patriotic? Is it just that their flag is hideous? What's the intention?

Their flag is really dumb and they love it.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

The Anime Liker posted:

Really just a bunch of Medieval Times hooligans when ya really think about it

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.
Columbo, as a mythical good cop, also refuses to carry a gun. Please let us enjoy the fantasy that is the honest autistic homicide detective.

The Anime Liker posted:

It's this and also from what I've heard people there are pretty good about masking? Glad all my elderly relatives I give a poo poo about live there lmao.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The worst fictional cop is the disgusting sociopath Father Brown in the TV series. Like if a wife-beater's wife finally kills her husband when he starts beating their kids, and would otherwise get away with it because the official filth are completely incompetent, father Brown convinces them to confess so they'll be executed, and then when they realize what's gonna happen and try to kill themselves instead, he saves them, so they can be executed.

I was confusing Father Dowling with Father Brown while I was reading this.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Mr. Crow posted:

We posting acab?

hoh man it took me a second too long but I laughed too hard at this one

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lowen SoDium posted:

That was like, what, 25-30 years ago? I don't remember how bad he was.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

3D Megadoodoo posted:

That was like, what, 25-30 years ago? I don't remember how bad he was.

All I remember was he hung out with that cool ex-prostitute nun.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Lowen SoDium posted:

same, except father ted

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

DressCodeBlue posted:

Columbo, as a mythical good cop, also refuses to carry a gun.

Columbo owns. Working class dude that sticks to getting bad guys in jail and never carries a gun. Also the actor (Peter Falk) had an artifical eye since he was a child and still got a great career.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Zetsubou-san posted:

same, except father ted

I was confusing Father Ted with Ted & Ralph while I was reading this.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Falk also played the grandpa in The Princess Bride

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Father Brown stories are easy once you crack the code.
The atheist did it.
If none, it was the non-christian.
If none, it was the protestant clergyman.
If none, it was the most prominent protestant layman.
I didn't read enough of them to see if Chesterton got around to hanging a Catholic villain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Dabir posted: