Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
https://twitter.com/Un4v5s8bgsVk9Xp/status/1528987173927522304?s=20&t=FqyhhRCyspBOmQ63wmQGBQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hawke
May 1, 2008
The legend returns

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

While it was in doubt before whether this was real or not, One Punch Man's Murata confirmed that this is indeed the real Togashi, so we're getting new chapters someday!

...Which would be obvious for any other manga but it is something to celebrate here, before we go into another hiatus that's longer than the one before (current record: 1275 days and counting)

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Hallelujah

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Time to get back to the story and continue the scene of *checks notes* three new characters that were just introduced!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I am so happy.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Not sure how he’s currently doing health wise but I wonder if Togashi actually plans on ending HxH soon now that he’s finally coming back to it.

With Crystal finally coming to a close next year it might be nice if his wife were to come out of retirement eventually as well but she probably makes enough money from Sailor Moon to never work another day in her life

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Oh god if there would actually be new chapters I'd be so happy, i have legit given up on it until today.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Many things can happen between now and release. Never rejoice early.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I'm glad Toagshi's feeling alright :unsmith:

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Larryb posted:

Not sure how he’s currently doing health wise but I wonder if Togashi actually plans on ending HxH soon now that he’s finally coming back to it.

With Crystal finally coming to a close next year it might be nice if his wife were to come out of retirement eventually as well but she probably makes enough money from Sailor Moon to never work another day in her life

Unless he plans on basically time skipping over everything he set up , there is absolutely no way he can resolve any of the situations he has setup quickly. There are way too many moving pieces that all affect each other and would basically only be resolved quickly if the majority of the cast decided to massacre each other on the spot

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

macabresca posted:

I'm glad Toagshi's feeling alright :unsmith:

Same, if this were the end of Chimera Ant I still wouldn’t be half as hype for new chapters as I would for Toagashi (hopefully) getting better.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Asuron posted:

Unless he plans on basically time skipping over everything he set up , there is absolutely no way he can resolve any of the situations he has setup quickly. There are way too many moving pieces that all affect each other and would basically only be resolved quickly if the majority of the cast decided to massacre each other on the spot

So we’ve still got a ways to go if he finishes at all then, good to know

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...

Asuron posted:

Hey, it worked for Stephen King.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Blaze Dragon posted:

While it was in doubt before whether this was real or not, One Punch Man's Murata confirmed that this is indeed the real Togashi, so we're getting new chapters someday!

...Which would be obvious for any other manga but it is something to celebrate here, before we go into another hiatus that's longer than the one before (current record: 1275 days and counting)

I am ready to be hurt emotionally by the next hiatus

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
He has returned :unsmith:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Until a new chapter drops I honestly don't feel anything.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Brought To You By posted:

Until a new chapter drops I honestly don't feel anything.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Togashi's 9h old burner account has 623k followers and counting.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
This will be Leorio's year.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Yessassaaaassssssss inject hxh to my body

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Oh hell yes.

Bad Seafood posted:

This will be Leorio's year.

In much the same way that every day is Children's Day, so too is every year Leorio's year.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
me waiting for new chapters for the last 4 years like

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

someone post the picture with netero jr

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

grieving for Gandalf posted:

someone post the picture with netero jr

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It’s nearly been four years, so here is the chart for those who want a refresher.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

this arc is ludicrous and absolutely needs to be finished and anime'd

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

MonsterEnvy posted:

It’s nearly been four years, so here is the chart for those who want a refresher.

The gently caress

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
Apparently the announcement can be interpreted as "4 Chapters Left".

3 chapters of intrigue then "rocks fall everyone dies the end"?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They get to the dark continent and the final chapter is everyone on board dying in weird funky ways

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Fooma posted:

4 chapters left to finish of the incoming 200 chapter dump

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Fooma posted:

It's supposedly 4 chapters to finish off the latest volume.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

hatty posted:

They get to the dark continent and the final chapter is everyone on board dying in weird funky ways

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MonsterEnvy posted:

I seriously wish HxH was on the Shounen Jump app, but it's not in the loving Vault!!!!

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I seriously wish HxH was on the Shounen Jump app, but it's not in the loving Vault!!!!

I don’t think any of Togashi’s stuff is, iirc he made an arrangement keeping people from “streaming” (or whatever you call it) his manga which sucks since the manga tended to be frequently missing volumes in print last I checked.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

MonsterEnvy posted:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Just be happy there isn't a graph of this arc trying to connect every character together with bits of string and post-it notes. Then y'all'd really be confused.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Fooma posted:

So most likely we're getting 10 chapters which is the usual amount for a volume.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Togashi got 1 million twitter followers in a single day, wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoren
May 28, 2008
What kind of wacky adventures do you think Gon will have in the Dark Continent?