Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Solar 3.0 looks sick as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Bust Rodd posted:

Solar 3.0 looks sick as gently caress

It seriously does. Can't wait to blow poo poo up on my warlock :getin:.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

those new solar abilities look like some of the coolest poo poo they've ever done for this game. the trickshot grenade, the Thanos snap, the combo uppercut into a "why not" groundslam. Curious about that ceiling 'nade that rains down flames.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

DLC Inc posted:

those new solar abilities look like some of the coolest poo poo they've ever done for this game. the trickshot grenade, the Thanos snap, the combo uppercut into a "why not" groundslam. Curious about that ceiling 'nade that rains down flames.

They showed it a few times and it looks like a fragment grenade that you throw and it spews out smaller exploding fragments. It just so happens you can stick it on a wall (or above a door) and the fragments will drop.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I like that Solar Hunters will boost everyone’s party DPS, meaning Solar hunters will be good in raids again

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

DLC Inc posted:

the Thanos snap,

The Roy Mustang fanbase is dying

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

DLC Inc posted:

It looks like that’s the new AOE solar grenade. It still sticks to wherever you throw it, but it also throws out blobs affected by physics. So on the floor or wall it’s a bigger area than before and on the ceiling it’s a rain of fire

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Hell yeah my Cartesian 1kv build is gonna be back again and better than ever yay! Never not fusion

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

PathAsc posted:

... Never not fusion

:hfive:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

haveblue posted:

It looks like that’s the new AOE solar grenade. It still sticks to wherever you throw it, but it also throws out blobs affected by physics. So on the floor or wall it’s a bigger area than before and on the ceiling it’s a rain of fire

it's the solar grenade + warlock aspect that enhances solar nades

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Well that started with a bang, lol

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Can't wait to be tooling around in my new seasonal armor ornaments in a few weeks

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The new shader for sale (Tyrian Abyss) is pretty awesome.

Also:

:allears:

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Will this be the season that compels my warlock to not use necro grips 24/7? only time will tell.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
you can craft menagerie weapons

i just died and went to heaven

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

jotunn catalyst

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

quote:

Going forward, Catalyst Quest Boosts acquirable from the Season Pass will apply to all active Season Pass Exotic catalyst quests. This applies to Season of the Risen and after.

I think this is exactly what it says but I just want to be clear: this won't help me get Ticuu's catalyst faster, yes?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

jotunn catalyst

Gives it Truth grade tracking.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Pirate Jet posted:

you can craft menagerie weapons

i just died and went to heaven

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Mazerunner posted:

jotunn catalyst

xzzy posted:

Gives it Truth grade tracking.

gently caress yes. If the catalyst restores the Jotunn back to its original tracking range I'll never not use it. Its carried me through all the campaign and hard dungeons. I'm sad that I can't link my throwing hammer with Dune Marchers anymore though. (Can't get it to proc lighting on hit anymore)

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Mazerunner posted:

jotunn catalyst

:captainpop:

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
That opening mission is some real Presage-tier content

I appreciate a lot of the smaller touches, like when you walk into the Pleasure Gardens your enemy radar goes nuts and pings every direction the entire time you're in there and yet you don't encounter a single enemy

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The Jotunn catalyst is crazy, and gives it two perks

Cornered
Faster charge time or draw time when surrounded by combatants.

Incandescent
Defeating a target spreads scorch to those nearby. More powerful combatants and opposing Guardians cause scorch in a larger radius.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Hm the first mission was good but after that I feel like everything fell flat on its face. I felt bored just doing one public harvester event already. Solar 3.0 isn't as flashy or interesting as void 3.0. Will probably skip this season altogether.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

did the darkness show up yet

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The Jotunn catalyst is crazy, and gives it two perks

Cornered
Faster charge time or draw time when surrounded by combatants.

Incandescent
Defeating a target spreads scorch to those nearby. More powerful combatants and opposing Guardians cause scorch in a larger radius.

I am that guy it the trials with jotunn, except now more annoying.

That said I am saddened that leviathan or menagerie will never be places of fun and joy again

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

they rearranged the destinations/maps/bounties menu layouts!

this sucks!!

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
New glaive can roll both demolitionist and junkie? Seems pretty good if glaives are remotely usable with the new artifact.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

and while dismantling crap in the postmaster, I had to move the mouse after every item before the dismantle option would show up???

what the gently caress??!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Master Grasp and VoG appear to be gone

Featured Raid and Dungeon are the Dreaming City pair. All LW challenges are active and no longer require a bounty from Hawthorne

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Hm the first mission was good but after that I feel like everything fell flat on its face. I felt bored just doing one public harvester event already. Solar 3.0 isn't as flashy or interesting as void 3.0. Will probably skip this season altogether.

Bro this is an insane post. It might actually be good for you to take a break and touch grass. Let us know how it goes.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Keep an eye out for golden bobble heads. Not sure what they do but they are a collectable it seems.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

It’s barely been two hours.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

It’s fine to dislike the game and/or the season. It’s not fine to buff jotunn what the gently caress

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Bro this is an insane post. It might actually be good for you to take a break and touch grass. Let us know how it goes.

We both know I'm just gonna spend like hours on it every day anyway

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Fuligin posted:

did the darkness show up yet

The darkness was inside you all along

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Banshee is now holding a Telesto in his idle animation, and a lot of players are experiencing a bug where it'll randomly disappear, which may even be intentional.

There is also a Telesto emblem now.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Why didn't they just bring back menagerie? You have to grind lovely public events now? Christ Bungie just cannot do the sensible thing

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Pirate Jet posted:

Banshee is now holding a Telesto in his idle animation, and a lot of players are experiencing a bug where it'll randomly disappear, which may even be intentional.

There is also a Telesto emblem now.

Stunning. How do I get this emblem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

armour now has a toggle to swap between the individual piece's stats and your overall stats

this is good!

but it's overload smg/auto again! bad!!

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 20:49 on May 24, 2022