Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Ixnay on the Nyderversay talk please

I think Jane Thor looks dope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

FlamingLiberal posted:

People have been wondering about that since the Zeus announcement but I haven’t heard that he’s in it

I hope he is, I want that big lug in the MCU pretty badly. I don't know who they could cast in the role, but I think Quincy Isaiah could bulk up for the role and do a great job.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Lager posted:

I hope he is, I want that big lug in the MCU pretty badly. I don't know who they could cast in the role, but I think Quincy Isaiah could bulk up for the role and do a great job.

Given that even Star Fox and Black Knight are getting cameos, it'd be surprising if they didn't at least name drop him. Also, I really want that fight between Thor and Herc from the comics where they are in each other's clothes to make it to the big screen.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lager posted:

Jason momoa

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Lager posted:

Henry Cavill isn’t doing much super hero work these days. He would be a perfect herc.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Zack Snyder is the blue print

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

badjohny posted:

Henry Cavill isn’t doing much super hero work these days. He would be a perfect herc.

I'd still like to see that just for how funny it would be, but it'd be nice to see Cavill get to be fun and have a personality too

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I don't think Herc is gonna be in the movie. They'll probably namedrop him though.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

My useless prediction is that Zeus has a one liner about how he's off doing something utterly ridiculous and inane. Cut to the second stinger for the visual comedy of whatever scenario they drop the dude into and we get a stunt casting "OMG IT'S <insert himbo here>" cameo.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

site posted:

Jason momoa

I'd be into this, he's kinda the way I imagine Marvel Hercules in his regular life(according to Instagram so...) but he's usually playing someone relatively serious in the movies. Let him be a smiling homoerotic goofball for once.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Codependent Poster posted:

I don't think Herc is gonna be in the movie. They'll probably namedrop him though.

There's a trailer shot of Thor summoning lightning while surrounded by busts of the Living Tribunal, Death, a Watcher, etc. One of the statues looks like it could be Hercules.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

hatelull posted:

My useless prediction is that Zeus has a one liner about how he's off doing something utterly ridiculous and inane. Cut to the second stinger for the visual comedy of whatever scenario they drop the dude into and we get a stunt casting "OMG IT'S <insert himbo here>" cameo.

Oh you want Herc stunt casting?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

:wardlow:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I wonder if Disney would let Taika have Thor and Herc hook up

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I say they get the, uh, the Westworld Hemsworth to be Hercules.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Opopanax posted:

I wonder if Disney would let Taika have Thor and Herc hook up

I don't know why exactly but I've been feeling like this is the one, the one where they finally solidify that all Asgardians are bi/pan(especially Thor) and who better to showcase that than Hercules.

I don't want to get my hopes up though.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

He'll show up crashing a big dead monster down in front of Jane and Odinson and give Thor a capital L Look. Then Jane will say "you know this guy?" just before we get the callback line of "well you never forget your first."

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I know he can pull off comedy, but I want a more casual fun loving Herc. Wardlow is too mean and violence driven and delights in the fighting and . . .

. . . ok, so :wardlow: for Ares then?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gavok posted:

There's a trailer shot of Thor summoning lightning while surrounded by busts of the Living Tribunal, Death, a Watcher, etc. One of the statues looks like it could be Hercules.

I think those are like, not gods but cosmic entities.

Looks like the other two are Eon and Infinity.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

She's in the marketing so it's not really a spoiler but Tigra is a minor supporting character in that Rescue Rangers movie as an animated character working the convention circuit. I'm wondering if that's been in for a while and was meant to bea reference to her almost having a Hulu show.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I wouldn't read too much into any of the cameos in Rescue Rangers because the movie is full of them.

Also Rescue Rangers is really really good so everyone watch it.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

it's Tigra from the very bad but available for streaming on Disney+ "Avengers: United They Stand" show that was on Fox for like half a season in 1999.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Karma Tornado posted:

it's Tigra from the very bad but available for streaming on Disney+ "Avengers: United They Stand" show that was on Fox for like half a season in 1999.

Jesus, that's a deep cut. I vaguely remember trying to watch this when it came out and my eyes bleeding out before I changed the channel.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Is that the one where they all have armor for some reason?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

BrianWilly posted:

I say they get the, uh, the Westworld Hemsworth to be Hercules.

He's already in the movie. He plays the actor that plays Thor in Loki's play

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Opopanax posted:

Is that the one where they all have armor for some reason?
Yes https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/how-the-90s-avengers-cartoon-predicted-mcu-phase-4/

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 01:41 on May 25, 2022

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
John Stamos as Hercules

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Jamesman posted:

Jason Mantzoukas as Hercules

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Channing Tatum for Herc.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Nah.

Patton Oswalt

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Chris Hemsworth in a black wig

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Perhaps we could break with convention and actually have a, y'know, Greek actor play him for once instead of everything getting divided up between Americans, Brits, and Australians all the drat time.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Sentinel Red posted:

Perhaps we could break with convention and actually have a, y'know, Greek actor play him for once instead of everything getting divided up between Americans, Brits, and Australians all the drat time.

John Stamos is Greek.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

gently caress yeah let's put Nia Vardalos in as Herc. My Big Fat Greek Avengers please.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Jason Mantzoukas is Greek.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Giannis Antetokounmpo is Greek. (Loved that suggestion.)

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Honestly though the "bbbbut Norse Mythology" racists have had it too easy since Heimdall and Hogunn died. Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje for Hercules, which also neatly serves as an apology to the world for wasting him in Dark World.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Zack Snyder

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

He who must not be named!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Harry Snyder!