Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

so glad covid is over and things are getting back to normal. I was so lost not hearing, on a weekly basis, about a group of minorities or little kids getting scholastically lit up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I am sick of the wanton violence

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

If the children had guns this would have never happened.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Must be tough in the US. All these godless women trying to abort you before you're born and then if you're lucky enough to to make it to school those gosh darn freedom lovers try to shoot you!

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Yes but if you dare say anything negative about it then you're unamerican and need to be shot

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Must be tough in the US. All these godless women trying to abort you before you're born and then if you're lucky enough to to make it to school those gosh darn freedom lovers try to shoot you!
Well, at least if we get sick we go bankrupt.

Wait...

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
Make Life Expectancies Medieval Again

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

We almost made the 10 year anniversary of the last elementary school shooting. Maybe next time.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

did someone do a shooting in ur country again

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
America can't have gun control because old white boomers are terrified that black people will rise up and murder them any day now.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe

Away all Goats posted:

We almost made the 10 year anniversary of the last elementary school shooting. Maybe next time.

9 years ain't a bad run. my dad relapsed into alcoholism after 9 years and we were all like "well, at least he made it pretty far." america is addicted to dead kids, and it may be that all we can aim for is harm reduction. oh, we're not doing that either? that's fine

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

WalletBeef posted:

If the children had guns this would have never happened.

you guys joke about this but have you ever heard of a mass shooting at a gun show?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i googled to get context on this thread and lmao what the gently caress:

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

:catstare:

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I'm going to be very sad the day my son is old enough to participate in a shooter drill.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
I wonder what would happen if a black person managed to shoot up a Republican fundraising dinner.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I heard Ukraine is welcoming exchange students, in case anyone would like to escape to a safer place.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Cornwind Evil posted:

I wonder what would happen if a black person managed to shoot up a Republican fundraising dinner.

Everyone says Sandy Hook is when they gave up hope on gun reform but for me it was the Vegas shooting. If republicans can brush off the wholesale slaughter of white country constituents then they absolutely don't give a poo poo.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

a new guy moved here from america a couple weeks ago and started at my work. he told me his primary motivation for moving away was he was sick of worrying about if his daughters school was gonna get shot up again

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Thundercracker posted:

Everyone says Sandy Hook is when they gave up hope on gun reform but for me it was the Vegas shooting. If republicans can brush off the wholesale slaughter of white country constituents then they absolutely don't give a poo poo.

Sandy Hook would have been the turning point for gun reform in literally every other country in the world. Actual children getting murdered tends to evoke strong reactions, but in America the reaction was to call it a hoax lol

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

STABASS posted:

someday we will perfect the womb-to-heaven pipeline. till then we'll just have to make do

We just banned that, turns out a hungry baby phase is a necessary step on the path to heaven.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
It has been:
0 days since the last mass shooting.

Hunt safe out there 2nd amendment lovers!

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Away all Goats posted:

Sandy Hook would have been the turning point for gun reform in literally every other country in the world. Actual children getting murdered tends to evoke strong reactions, but in America the reaction was to call it a hoax lol

we had dunblane in scotland

so the uk banned guns, seems like a good idea

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunblane_massacre

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
The Onion should just sticky that mass shooting article on its front page

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

as an american I promise you the biden administration will crack down on the scariest sounding guns: ghost guns. as a result, because fewer would-be shooter's hand drilled receivers and plastic glock parts blow up in their face, there will be a small increase in both the number of shootings and their deadliness

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
now is the time for healing. please make sure you are healed in time for the next shooting. you will need that health

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i googled to get context on this thread and lmao what the gently caress:

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

:catstare:

Yeah, sadly there are mass shootings literally every day but in many places it’s so routine that it’s just ignored at this point. It only makes the news if it’s an “unexpected” mass shooting.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

im going to shoot my own balls off with a sawed off shotgun as is my god given right.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

STABASS posted:

now is the time for healing. please make sure you are healed in time for the next shooting. you will need that health

If my violent video games have taught me anything, it's that i just need to hide behind an object after I'm shot, just long enough for the red on my screen to go away

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
Maybe with the Supreme Court's help we can pffftahahahahahaha

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Has anyone considered making it illegal to mass shoot people?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

MEIN RAVEN posted:

If my violent video games have taught me anything, it's that i just need to hide behind an object after I'm shot, just long enough for the red on my screen to go away

I learned that you can survive a mass shooting by using console commands, but that it disables achievements.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Mooey Cow posted:

Has anyone considered making it illegal to mass shoot people?

Well if the death penalty has taught me anything it's that it can deter you from doing these heinous crimes because you're afraid of death. In fact, it can even deter you if you're innocent!

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I carry a first aid kit with my at all times. If I get mass shot I will simply consume it.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

america has such an insane blood lust it's crazy. my country is one of the most heavily armed in the world and mass shootings are rare, let alone mass shootings like the us seems to have daily or multiple a day

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

Mooey Cow posted:

I carry a first aid kit with my at all times. If I get mass shot I will simply consume it.

lol, gently caress health. I carry a stimpack of meth around. Better to beserk before you die.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Sierra Nevadan posted:

lol, gently caress health. I carry a stimpack of meth around. Better to beserk before you die.

Every day before I leave my house I put in the Contra code, in case I need those extra lives

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

It has been:
0 days since the last mass shooting.

Hey buddy, freedom isn’t free!

The tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of innocent children.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Cornwind Evil posted:

They would say, "See? We aren't racist, we have black people at these things."

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Hug your kids guys, because we've decided this is acceptable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

Thundercracker posted:

I'm going to be very sad the day my son is old enough to participate in a shooter drill.

Reminder that these people saw masking during a pandemic as traumatic to kids