Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

thetoughestbean posted:

FFIV DS dub would disagree.

Seh-sill is a legitimate, if less used pronunciation

I bet you'll be extremely surprised when you hear them pronounce "Kain"-- like Kah-een.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

someone else must have changed your name to "jokes"

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

jokes posted:

I bet you'll be extremely surprised when you hear them pronounce "Kain"-- like Kah-een.

https://youtu.be/Jg7wkuq83aI

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Golbez is a misprint, the correct name is supposed to be Globez, which is interestingly enough Butz's mom's name in Japanese.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

jokes posted:

Golbez is a misprint, the correct name is supposed to be Globez, which is interestingly enough Butz's mom's name in Japanese.

Names Boco

What?

Boco dat rear end up, gottem

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

golbez and culex are both named after insects

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qVl5CRyCEE

Just found out about CGI Angelo Cannon and it's great

Also around the 2 minute mark they made Vaan's Pyroclasm look like he's about to do a Chaos Dunk.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Never seen any of these before, they're excellent! Angelo is so cute and serious and Vaan's Chaos Dunk are indeed great. I assume they're from Brave Exvius?

Also please give me some context for who I believe is the FFXIV rep, the smol who turns giant, doing an evil princess laugh, and then using the moon as a bowling ball because nothing has motivated me to play FFXIV quite like that

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019

Artelier posted:

Never seen any of these before, they're excellent! Angelo is so cute and serious and Vaan's Chaos Dunk are indeed great. I assume they're from Brave Exvius?

Also please give me some context for who I believe is the FFXIV rep, the smol who turns giant, doing an evil princess laugh, and then using the moon as a bowling ball because nothing has motivated me to play FFXIV quite like that

That's Shantotto from XI.

She's incredibly cool.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Artelier posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9mhLi5OxeM

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

jokes posted:

Yuh-nuh

yun-NUH

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

“I would never pose in such revealing clothes”

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

thank you i love her and how she speaks all proper

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Artelier posted:

thank you i love her and how she speaks all proper

I should really do A Shantotto Ascension one day

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

kirbysuperstar posted:

I should really do A Shantotto Ascension one day

And that's how I discover the FFXI collab was this month and I missed it, drat.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Man, I forgot how cool Shanatto was. It’s not enough to laugh like a baroness when dunking on people, you have drop sick rhymes too.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

auron is more of an uncle imo

Wasn't one of the plot points in that X-3 novel that Auron actually had a secret daughter?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I hear lots of cool things about Shantotto, but I never played 11 and know little about it. Anyone mind giving a run down on how much rear end she kicks?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

speaking of Shantotto: oh, maybe I should play WOFF...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5-4K_sgOfg

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Man, I need to give WoFF another run with the Maxima update. It's perfect Final Fantasy fan service with a pretty good gameplay.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Just gonna leave this here, especially for Tidus and Firion's visible discomfort.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkHp2MYiBOA

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Well, once you're about 5 or 6 hours in, FFXIII gets pretty all right.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

FrostyPox posted:

Yeah. It's also never really gets much better than "pretty alright".

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
“Whew, finally I can have total control over the party and battle syst- oh, that was the final boss, huh.”

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The postgame bosses are really fun to fight

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

FrostyPox posted:

Yep, that’s exactly my vibe

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Keromaru5 posted:

Just gonna leave this here, especially for Tidus and Firion's visible discomfort.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkHp2MYiBOA

I didn’t expect the fighting game to have a verbal slap fight between the final boss of VIII and the cool tiny sage lady from XI but here we are I guess.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

speaking of Shantotto: oh, maybe I should play WOFF...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5-4K_sgOfg

That requires playing WoFF, which means having to be exposed to Tama, and I'm pretty sure that's considered torture in some countries.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

That requires playing WoFF, which means having to be exposed to Tama, and I'm pretty sure that's considered torture in some countries.

Oh so now we think that is the bad. How could you the not love tama?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Barudak posted:

Oh so now we think that is the bad. How could you the not love tama?

drat that literally made my eye twitch

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
They should have left her speech quirk untranslated na no desu. That would have been the superior choice na no desu. Localizing things literally ruins them na no desu.

Evil Fluffy posted:

On the other hand WoFF has Chocolatte, and we all know you can't spell "the cool cat" without Chocolatte.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Twelve by Pies posted:

They should have left her speech quirk untranslated na no desu. That would have been the superior choice na no desu. Localizing things literally ruins them na no desu.

Can someone who actually speaks Japanese give me a rough estimate of exactly how inane anime vocal tics sound to a native speaker, possibly through some kind of analogy to Western animated characters?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

Can someone who actually speaks Japanese give me a rough estimate of exactly how inane anime vocal tics sound to a native speaker, possibly through some kind of analogy to Western animated characters?

Hey-hey-hey, its aggravating

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The WoFF cast is likable and a bunch of doofuses.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Rand Brittain posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JRH6KegcdE

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

Chocolatte.

Part of me wonders what the voice recording was like for the actress when she and the script writer/voice director realized how the-dumb that verbal tic sounds out loud but also that the-the script would have to be rewritten entirely on short notice to unfuck it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Last Celebration posted:

Part of me wonders what the voice recording was like for the actress when she and the script writer/voice director realized how the-dumb that verbal tic sounds out loud but also that the-the script would have to be rewritten entirely on short notice to unfuck it.

So the check, if it does not the clear, you are the the dead

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

FrostyPox posted:

Can't say I'm feeling much improvement 12 hours in.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

OhFunny posted:

I think they forgot a zero after the 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

OhFunny posted:

Game kicks rear end, what are you let down by (there are many legitimate things)