Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Away all Goats posted:

Sandy Hook would have been the turning point for gun reform in literally every other country in the world. Actual children getting murdered tends to evoke strong reactions, but in America the reaction was to call it a hoax lol

https://twitter.com/thomas_violence/status/1002373759167107073?s=20&t=W-fCRkdghcju_r0gs7outQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

It’s loving terrible that all you need to do is look at the vague thread title and know exactly what lays within said thread.

:smith:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Have some respect; It’s too soon to talk about gun control. Let’s wait until the next mass shooting.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

we had dunblane in scotland

so the uk banned guns, seems like a good idea

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunblane_massacre

This is what you people will never understand.

Republicans will never do anything about this. Why? Because one of their biggest things is demolishing public schools. What better way to do it by making school shootings a thing? Republicans are famous for telling people to home school their kids.

As an added bonus no one is going to want to teach in public schools either pretty soon. Starve the beast!

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

I. M. Gei posted:

This is the Uvalde Consolidated ISD homepage right now

holy gently caress

"Please wait to hear when you can pick up what remains of your children."

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

Brother Tadger posted:

Have some respect; It’s too soon to talk about gun control. Let’s wait until the next mass shooting.

Reminder that fascists will gate keep what's appropriate constantly while never having to abide by those same standards.

(I know you were being sarcastic tho)

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

STABASS posted:

someday we will perfect the womb-to-heaven pipeline. till then we'll just have to make do

We already have that, it's called abortion. :awesomelon:

Techno Remix
Feb 13, 2012

I thought I had another pithy remark in me, but the more I think about it the more it’s just so incredibly numbing that absolutely gently caress all is going to get done because of this. There will be a lot of talk, some impassioned pleas, then nothing.

Really wish I could come up with something snappy, but…

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

The Fattest PI posted:

Reminder that fascists will gate keep what's appropriate constantly while never having to abide by those same standards.

(I know you were being sarcastic tho)

They don't have to abide by those standards because they're "special" and inherently better than whatever demographic they're trying to genocide.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i googled to get context on this thread and lmao what the gently caress:

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

:catstare:

Sooo 212 mass shootings 144 days into the year

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Maybe if we reframe it to talk about all the free bullets that are being given away then the right will finally start to care

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

We already have that, it's called abortion. :awesomelon:

had*

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Pontificating rear end posted:

Some Americans worry that civil war is looming but honestly would you even notice the loving difference?

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
If someone is a republican in modern america then they're most likely a shifty, paranoid, anti-social misanthropic piss baby who just wants everyone else but themselves to DIE DIE DIE

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Thundercracker posted:

I'm going to be very sad the day my son is old enough to participate in a shooting.

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Some Americans worry that civil war is looming but honestly would you even notice the loving difference?

Most mass shooting are between gangs of people of color. So a lot ignore that.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Just kidding I had a vasectomy after I ectopically impregnated my wife through her IUD. I'm not adding children to this dying hell world. Give it back to non-humans.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
The top comments on the Fox News story are priceless. They’re all talking about how we as a nation need to take action and make sure schools have locks on their front doors so this can’t happen again.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

ReidRansom posted:

Just kidding I had a vasectomy after I ectopically impregnated my wife through her IUD. I'm not adding children to this dying hell world. Give it back to non-humans.

Like, on purpose?

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Crimson posted:

"Please wait to hear when you can pick up what remains of your children."

https://twitter.com/MaggieAstor/status/1529217248698806277

Ken Paxton is the Attorney General of Texas:

https://twitter.com/W7VOA/status/1529239706214481920

Ok, teachers, secretaries, janitors... :goon:

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Oh boy the season finale of FBI is on tonight!

EDIT: WTF why are the playing a rerun?

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Hmm, kinda wish I didn't read that.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Aside from all the grief pain and suffering, I'm just so incredibly angry to see all the right wing puppets out there regurgitating all the right wing talking points already. The fox stooges, they miserable social media users, the 1-2 co-workers that everybody has to pretend they don't hate.

Mental health!

School safety officers!

Cops in schools!

Gun control isn't the answer!

God I hate this insufferable fucks. Republicans are all evil, bloodsoaked morons. It's not hyperbole. They are subhuman trash trying to drag the rest of us down to hell with them.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
Guys, this shooting had a 98% survival rate. Don't let them control you.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Armed teachers are not going to help against body armor and an AR

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1529255082914725888?s=20&t=qCAcOnSIel3oQO3jupgWpQ

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/chrismegerian/status/1529255557097525248?s=21&t=DkXHLH0gWWMvlQ-7JxS_kw

Well that was unexpected, when’s the last time anyone from border patrol did something good?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Pontificating rear end posted:

that's still only like one mass shooting for every 1.5 million people. we can, nay, we must do better. ours is the land of equality

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

How the gently caress

There should be a law like the military has for desertion for this type of poo poo.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
Let me get this straight, he encountered the good guys with a gun first, and then murdered 14 kids anyway? Hmmm.... We need more guns.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

armed teachers are going to go on strike and not back down from pinkertons/cops/national guard and are finally going to get the pay, benefits, hours and respect they deserve

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Meh. I'm just gonna take my dogs for a walk.

Busted Pisser
Dec 6, 2020

Never skip kegels day
I wonder how many times banned user Sunswipe has jacked off knowing there's one less teacher in the world.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

idk i think the police are terrible at their jobs

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Busted Pisser posted:

I wonder how many times banned user Sunswipe has jacked off knowing there's one less teacher in the world.

Okay you can’t post that without more detail.

Techno Remix
Feb 13, 2012

William Bear posted:

https://twitter.com/MaggieAstor/status/1529217248698806277

Ken Paxton is the Attorney General of Texas:

https://twitter.com/W7VOA/status/1529239706214481920

Ok, teachers, secretaries, janitors... :goon:

Always too soon to talk about gun control, never too soon to advocate arming our schools.

Gotta love the predictability.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

is his name really fuckin erick estrada?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Yes.

Jeffrey, do it. It's the right thing to do.

Can they move the knife thread somewhere first it's real chill just full of dads showing off their pocket knives

Busted Pisser
Dec 6, 2020

Never skip kegels day

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Okay you can’t post that without more detail.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3979277&pagenumber=8&perpage=40#post517885634

They also failed the mod challenge to provide proof and back up their seething hatred for teachers.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

all you libs that ban guns, that includes cops too, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
shithole country