Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Marsupial Ape posted:

And new first time listeners, please let us know where you heard about the show. I have a very short view out side of my personal media bubble.

I'm not a new listener but I came over after some combination of appearances on shows like Cognitive Dissonance, Scathing Atheist, Opening Arguments.

Opening Arguments is still in the rotation but I don't check in with the others too often these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Marsupial Ape posted:

It’s the first Mark Richards episode in the space weirdo play list. Check out the OP.

And new first time listeners, please let us know where you heard about the show. I have a very short view out side of my personal media bubble.

Also not new, but I heard about them first from a Tumblr account I follow who posted about donating for Policy Wonk status.

I think it was parallel discovery with Behind the Bastards, then got into Q Anon Anonymous not too long after. I listen to *so many podcasts*

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Marsupial Ape posted:

Whenever I suggest KF to somebody, that's the podcast I start them with. "Ok, there's going to be a left turn in there. I am not saying when or what it is, but text me when it takes that turn".

That was one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had listening to a podcast, because I had just listened to the Dollop episode on The Pendragon of Marin a couple of weeks before, where they cover the entire crime spree with only an off-hand comment about someone getting into UFOs later. So I started listening to Knowledge Fight, but Mark Richards is such an absolutely generic name that it didn't even ring a bell, and I got almost all of the way through KF's episode when either Dan or Kerry made an off-hand remark about Marin county, and I had to stop and think "Hey, why do I know that place name? That's in California, isn't it? Wait.... wait.... OH NO.....!" and everything slipped sideways.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Marsupial Ape posted:

I randomly wondered in 2019 what Seanbaby was doing these days, and a Google led me to his episode of Behind the Bastards.

That was entertaining enough that I looked into other episodes of BtB, and one of the first ones I listened to after that was the Mike Adams episode where Dan and Jordan guested.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
So a heads up for anyone worried about having to listen to Alex's bullshit about what happened today:

https://twitter.com/gotobedjordan/status/1529254571243192320
So it'll either be Friday or Monday before we hear whatever garbage he's spewing out on the podcast

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I wonder how forcefully he's going to wade into this mess, especially in his home state. Will he have learned anything? Far right twitter is going for a trans angle with unconfirmed photos so that's going to be my guess.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Megabound posted:

I wonder how forcefully he's going to wade into this mess, especially in his home state. Will he have learned anything? Far right twitter is going for a trans angle with unconfirmed photos so that's going to be my guess.

Hopefully he's learned his lesson from Sandy Hook and doesn't travel there/send anyone

Also I my bet is he focuses on immigration poo poo

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

Shinji2015 posted:

So a heads up for anyone worried about having to listen to Alex's bullshit about what happened today:

https://twitter.com/gotobedjordan/status/1529254571243192320
So it'll either be Friday or Monday before we hear whatever garbage he's spewing out on the podcast

Aw man, I had it look it up because of this post.

Its “fun” that it could have been anything from a school shooting to a new war. Dan Harmon was right about the darkest timeline.

No wonder Sweary Kerry and her ilk choose to live in a fantasy.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Megabound posted:

KitConstantine posted:

Hopefully he's learned his lesson from Sandy Hook and doesn't travel there/send anyone

Also I my bet is he focuses on immigration poo poo

It'll be a trans immigrant angle, that way he can hate on both groupsoh god don't tell me if I'm right

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Weird how this is going to be the one mass shooting that isn't a false flag

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Devor posted:

Do you mean the Suggested Starting Episode? It's a dead link to me

Edit: You meant this one I think

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5rLHZi9UyKg5OyX72IA77r?si=po56F6A3TeyeNGNmYauyOA&utm_source=copy-link&dl_branch=1&nd=1

Presumably #79

Thank you for pointing out the dead link.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
See you all in three hours.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
why in the world would it matter if a trans kid shot kids in a school when the whole issue is the shooting kids in a school thing, not who did it?

Whatever, I don't want to know, I can't care

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
Oh thank god, it’s a new Formulaic Objections.

I’m gonna need this after today.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
There's a fun moment two and a half hours in. This is a great EP, especially the second half.

E: Extra spoiler, you can hear a cat, I assume Selene, yelling at the end of the ep. I don't blame her.

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 10:38 on May 25, 2022

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Tree Dude posted:

The spreadsheet says it's an Out of Context Drop in episode 553. I listened to the start of the show and they played a different ooc drop so this is probably one of those instances where Dan remembers later that he pulled a clip and just drops it in randomly

Thanks for this

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
So I've heard the "I love you" clip probably 1000 times at this point and I feel like I'm less sure of the age and gender of Andy/Andi in Kansas the more I hear it. It's almost like a Laurel/Yanny thing where it changes from episode to episode or if I'm using my phone speakers vs headphones vs computer speakers.

Are they a middle school boy? a college age woman? I DON'T KNOW!

And what did they want to talk to Alex about?!

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh man, I just got to the Bill Ogden session. Talk about a tone shift, drat!

I like hot dogs!

LASER BEAM DREAM fucked around with this message at 17:24 on May 25, 2022

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

I was having kind of a rough day and the interruption by loving SIRI was just what I needed to laugh to the verge of tears.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
For anyone who thinks "$30K isn't enough to carry water for InfoWars," I watched the Bankston-led deposition when it first came out. It wasn't part of Knowledge Fight's cut of the video, but InfoWars originally wanted to bill her only $25K and she had to talk them up from there.

My opinion at the time was if she was billed $30K for the Texas-based Sandy Hook cases specifically, then she got a pretty good deal. Unfortunately, as she was also a corporate representative for the Connecticut Sandy Hook cases and the Marcel Fontaine cases too, it's likely that lump-sum had to apply to all three cases at once. In which case, she probably should've demanded much more. Much, much more.

The context of what the judge specifically requested of the InfoWars consul was new to me though. I'm not sure if Paz was not given that information by Pattis, or if it didn't occur to Paz to see it herself. (Given the fact that she had read the previous depositions in the case, the latter is less likely.)

I wondered what to make of her for a while, but in all chance, it won't matter. Even if it will be later revealed that Paz is also an InfoWars true believer, it won't change the fact that her performance was more a product of Alex's design rather than her own.

I wonder though... Would the fact that Jones was working to hide his wealth from libel and defamation cases from the start do anything against the legal malpractice claim against Patti's and his other lawyers? If evidence suggests he was always acting in a way as to shield his assets from any and all damage claims, and it was likely the case that Jones viewed any legal proceedings as irrelevant to his wealth because of it, then would it necessarily matter if he got bad legal advice at all? (InfoWars employees, on the other hand, would still have grounds for malpractice even if Jones does not.)

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Aw man, I had it look it up because of this post.

Its “fun” that it could have been anything from a school shooting to a new war. Dan Harmon was right about the darkest timeline.

No wonder Sweary Kerry and her ilk choose to live in a fantasy.

It's a bummer that Project Camelot got increasingly more similar to Alex Jones as time went on.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The Texas case has been reopened on remand from the bankruptcy court. Now time to see how quickly the judge can get the case in front of a jury.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Shageletic posted:

It's a bummer that Project Camelot got increasingly more similar to Alex Jones as time went on.

I keep meaning to post these links...

Yesterday was lovely and the world is lovely. Here are some of my comfort podcasts.

For my fellow wonks who want spooky bullshit without the racist, anti-Semitic fascist bullshit, I suggest Strange Familiars. gently caress, there's not even any aggression involved. The host is this super chill hippy musician/artist guy who interviews people who have had paranormal experiences, mainly concerning humanoids. He's good about picking guests who aren't wackos and the interviews are NPR calm. You're going to have some very pleasant chuckles about his metaphysical musings on Bigfoot as an elemental spirit.

These are technically edutainment because none of the hosts are actual believers.

If you need a good space weirdo fix, I suggest The Saucer Life. The host is a college history professor who specializes in the Contactee movement from the 40 to the 70s. He's a rationalist and doesn't believe in UFOs, but he has a passion for researching these very old school grifters. He has a very dry and sardonic sense of humor and it's hilarious to listen to him pause and complain about a dead nut job's prose and syntax. I've had some small communication with him and he didn't even know about Mark Richards. "Too new" for his era of focus.

Monster Talk is a one of the first podcasts I ever subscribed to and one of the few I have never taken a break from. It's the science show about monsters! Blake and Karen are both skeptics and rationalists, but still love monsters. Blake is like the nicest Dad from Georgia you can imagine. I suggest you start with the current episode, 252. The guest is fascinating.

Ken and Robin Talk About Stuff. The hosts are both game designers and writers with long careers. If you've every played any RPG that wasn't generic DnD, they probably worked on it. They answer 3 questions a show from their patron backers. Each question, depending on topic, is answered in a different topic Hut. There is the RPG Hut, the Writing Hut, the History Hut, and so on. They give some really amazing advice on game design, writing, being a game master, and creativity in general. All through the prison of figure out how to convince Hitler to become a cowboy after WWI and poo poo. I'm not doing it justice.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
#46 might have my favorite out of context drop

Peacocks and Owls!

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Thanks for the recommendations, I’ve been looking for more fun escapist podcasts!

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Marsupial Ape posted:

If you need a good space weirdo fix, I suggest The Saucer Life. The host is a college history professor who specializes in the Contactee movement from the 40 to the 70s. He's a rationalist and doesn't believe in UFOs, but he has a passion for researching these very old school grifters. He has a very dry and sardonic sense of humor and it's hilarious to listen to him pause and complain about a dead nut job's prose and syntax. I've had some small communication with him and he didn't even know about Mark Richards. "Too new" for his era of focus.

This sounds VERY relevant to my interests, thank you!

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Everett False posted:

This sounds VERY relevant to my interests, thank you!

I should have posted the recent William Dudley Pelley episodeback when it was released. Relevant to our interests because Pelley was the founder of the Silver Shirts and a space weirdo. He was basically Alex Jones back in the day and was convicted of sedition for printing pro German propaganda during the war. He was barred from ever making a living off political media, so he leaned completely into the pseudo-religious Space Brothers bullshit. Honestly, a very good model for Alex.

Also, Aaron (the host) references Behind the Bastards as a source, which is wild to me.

Marsupial Ape fucked around with this message at 05:27 on May 26, 2022

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Staggy posted:

I was having kind of a rough day and the interruption by loving SIRI was just what I needed to laugh to the verge of tears.

while that definitely broke Jordan too, i'm quite partial to the bit where Mark Bankston (in the background) heaves the world's biggest sigh, mutters 'gotta go call the court', and audibly leaves the current courtroom

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

ILL Machina posted:

There's a fun moment two and a half hours in. This is a great EP, especially the second half.

holy balls, i assumed you miscounted and were referring to the moment i mentioned, but nope!

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
I have a feeling that this lady is going to end up costing Alex a lot more than 30k.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Marsupial Ape posted:

I have a feeling that this lady is going to end up costing Alex a lot more than 30k.
She already has? The depositions covered happened in February and the resulting sanctions came down in April

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Marsupial Ape posted:

Monster Talk is a one of the first podcasts I ever subscribed to and one of the few I have never taken a break from. It's the science show about monsters! Blake and Karen are both skeptics and rationalists, but still love monsters. Blake is like the nicest Dad from Georgia you can imagine. I suggest you start with the current episode, 252. The guest is fascinating.

I sure hope this is like Car Talk but with monsters

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I sure hope this is like Car Talk but with monsters

It kinda is!

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
The last parts of this latest deposition episode are incredible, one of the lawyers happened to have a paper describing all of Alex's financials and shell companies and the they get grilled on it hard. Both on the contents and for not having given that up that information years ago.

Notable quotes (not exact):

"Oh and all this money is going to uh... AEJ holdings"
"Do you know what Alex Jones' middle name is?"
"I don't I'm so sorry"

"After Pizza Gate, Mr. Jones realized that 4Chan was not reliable"

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 19:23 on May 26, 2022

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Mercury_Storm posted:

The last parts of this latest deposition episode are incredible, one of the lawyers happened to have a paper describing all of Alex's financials and shell companies and the they get grilled on it hard. Both on the contents and for not having given that up that information years ago.

Notable quotes (not exact):

"Oh and all this money is going to uh... AEJ holdings"
"Do you know what Alex Jones' middle name is?"
"I don't I'm so sorry"

Is there any we can get "E is for Emmerich" as a meme going?

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

Mercury_Storm posted:

The reason given is that globalists make 4chan posts to mislead him specifically.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Cat Puke posted:

The reason given is that globalists make 4chan posts to mislead him specifically.

The way she said that…I can tell if she’s been red-pilled by being around Alex. Two weeks is a long time with a cult leader.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I like the random News Radio references. Love that show. gently caress Andy Dick

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Alex' guardian whale keeps giving. https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2022/05/26/alex-jones-bitcoin-8-million-infowars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

My one hope is that he tries to withdraw it all at once and it helps tank crypto further. My other hope is that he completely fucks up declaring it on taxes or whatever and fucks himself up even further as well.