Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Hm the first mission was good but after that I feel like everything fell flat on its face. I felt bored just doing one public harvester event already. Solar 3.0 isn't as flashy or interesting as void 3.0. Will probably skip this season altogether.

You should do the first Sever mission then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Mazerunner posted:

armour now has a toggle to swap between the individual piece's stats and your overall stats

this is good!

but it's overload smg/auto again! bad!!

Don't you mean Overload Prometheus Lens?!

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

I’m less enthused with solar warlock (for dps, the support kit seems great) but solar titan is loving great.

Consecration rules, and between wells and sunspots you’re just an invincible Mr. gently caress poo poo Up uppercutting dudes into oblivion.

edit: Whoever decided to make arc the burn in vanguard playlist on SOLAR DAY is a real jerk.

VanillaGorilla fucked around with this message at 21:17 on May 24, 2022

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

Time to spend 100 bux for skull helmet

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The Dungeon exotic, weapons, and armors are visible from in-game collections, BTW

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Mazerunner posted:

they rearranged the destinations/maps/bounties menu layouts!

this sucks!!

IT REALLY DOES, gently caress

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The Dungeon exotic, weapons, and armors are visible from in-game collections, BTW

the exotic is a better season of void 3.0 exotic than the actual exotic scout was

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
and Trespasser's icon faces the wrong way, too

ggrrrrrrrrrrrr

the dungeon appears to borrow HEAVILY from Crown of Sorrows raid, with objectives of Defeat Sorrow-Bearer, Unlock the Vault, and Defeat Calus' Greatest Shame

The trials guns must be unlocked from rank 10 and 16 on saint-14's rep track before they drop from engrams, but you can be your baddest egyptian monkey god self right now if you held onto any.

Luckily the trials fusion & sidearm are rear end

Crucible's new fusion is the best PvE Fusion in the game

I could've sworn they planned to revamp Shaxx & Zavala to use the Saint Drifter system this season too, but that must have been for s18 or beyond

GoGoGadgetChris fucked around with this message at 21:57 on May 24, 2022

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god

Mesadoram posted:

Keep an eye out for golden bobble heads. Not sure what they do but they are a collectable it seems.

There is a room off to the side of the artifact that seems to have places to put these, like the moths in the cave near Finch.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I dunno if Solar 3.0 is OP but it feels like it on my titan so that's a good thing. (Granted I am running a constant grenade/wellmaker build)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm so curious what exotics will pop up this season in the solar 3.0 sandbox.

Hallowfire seems to have the same problem as Armamentarium - They're just worse versions of Inmost Light!

I bet Ashen Wake and Sunbracers are real mofos this season

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Warlock solar feels a bit underwhelming after void, but the armour has a ghostbusters trap so best season ever.

E: Decent roll of the new stasis bow at Banshee, remember his rolls change midweek so grab it now!

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 24, 2022

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
This is actually the season of the Devil's Ruin

Anti-barrier mod procs from hipfire, and it's inherently anti-unstoppable from the charged laser

As an exotic primary, it drops Heavy ammo all the time and does bonus damage to red bars

The artifact also has a TON of options to crank this gun to the max

Solar Exotic final blows create Solar elemental wells.
Stunning a Champion causes it to ignite and clears your shield stun.
Picking up an Orb of Power makes you radiant.
While radiant, Solar precision final blows cause combatants to ignite.
Your ignitions do increased damage in an increased radius.

Toss on your Path of the Burning Steps to get even sillier with it

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Warlock solar feels a bit underwhelming after void, but the armour has a ghostbusters trap so best season ever.

Yeah, I haven't gotten to experiment too much yet but I'm missing the devour heal and the ability to just constantly explode dudes thanks to Volatile. Scorch/Ignition seem more finicky.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Guardian Magazine:

- Void is out, Solar is in! Start your summer with these hot & exotic trends!
- Best moonbathing spots on the Leviathan.
- How to deal with Egregore Allergy season.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Anyone figured out how to find the chest to use opulent keys at? I got one doing the nightmare event and have to use it before I can complete the quest step that rewards one since you can't have more than 1 at a time

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Anyone figured out how to find the chest to use opulent keys at? I got one doing the nightmare event and have to use it before I can complete the quest step that rewards one since you can't have more than 1 at a time

It's any of the chests in the patrol area, though you may have to finish the event to "end lockdown" and be able to explore the old raid rooms to find some. You can view what chest it's for by mousing over your key in your inventory.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Pirate Jet posted:

It's any of the chests in the patrol area, though you may have to finish the event to "end lockdown" and be able to explore the old raid rooms to find some. You can view what chest it's for by mousing over your key in your inventory.

Thanks, I was wondering why it none of the baths chests were working

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

This is actually the season of the Devil's Ruin

Anti-barrier mod procs from hipfire, and it's inherently anti-unstoppable from the charged laser

Didn't Bungie say you'll never be able to use champion mods with exotics that have an intrinsic anti-champ? Is this an oversight because of the dual modes?

Too bad fire-on-release feels so dogshit.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Yes, exotics that have intrinsic anti-champ properties can't take on any other anti champ mod effects

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Stunning a Champion causes it to ignite and clears your shield stun.

do you know what 'clears your shield stun' means? something with how recovery works, like you instantly start regenning?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Junkenstein posted:

Didn't Bungie say you'll never be able to use champion mods with exotics that have an intrinsic anti-champ?
Yes.

quote:

Is this an oversight because of the dual modes?
Also yes.

Although it's less of an "oversight" and more of a "happy accident". The restriction is in place because they couldn't make it work due to codebase, not because of balance reasons. The reason it works for Devil's Ruin is because the Sidearm and the Beam are mechanically different weapons/effects, so the base gun has "an open slot" for the anti-barrier effect.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Mazerunner posted:

do you know what 'clears your shield stun' means? something with how recovery works, like you instantly start regenning?

I have no idea and am SUPER curious. Maybe it means it resets the champions "ready to be stunned" again?

Kith posted:

Yes.

Also yes.

Although it's less of an "oversight" and more of a "happy accident". The restriction is in place because they couldn't make it work due to codebase, not because of balance reasons. The reason it works for Devil's Ruin is because the Sidearm and the Beam are mechanically different weapons/effects, so the base gun has "an open slot" for the anti-barrier effect.

Yeah!!!

I'm curious if you can TRIPLE Stun by running it on Secant Filament Warlock. I'd assume that hipfiring it would allow the ("inherent") Overload from Secant Rift to overwrite the "mod-slot" anti-barrier.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I feel like making a patrol zone with a public event the seasonal activity is going to feel a lot better than 'keep doing this activity until you hate both it and yourself.'

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Mazerunner posted:

and while dismantling crap in the postmaster, I had to move the mouse after every item before the dismantle option would show up???

what the gently caress??!

I am PRAYING that it’s just a bug because if not this completely sucks!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just finished Sever and I'm loving the new area. So many mobs to kill :black101:

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Digital Jedi posted:

Just finished Sever and I'm loving the new area. So many mobs to kill :black101:

If they keep up this level of enemy density with successive seasons I'm never gonna take off osteo, it just is never a bad choice unless you're doing single target DPS in raids or NF/lost sectors

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Max resilience gives 40% damage reduction in PVE.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'm curious if you can TRIPLE Stun by running it on Secant Filament Warlock. I'd assume that hipfiring it would allow the ("inherent") Overload from Secant Rift to overwrite the "mod-slot" anti-barrier.

It doesn't seem to work, I just tested it. But, if you're running secants you can stun with your other weapons anyways.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

RBX posted:

Time to grind out new armor, I suppose.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
Did enjoy Sever, particularly chasing the boss around the gauntlet. I wonder if there'll be different areas for the other weeks, the triumphs look like there should be 7 versions. Generally enjoying the whole glykonized-leviathan aesthetic.

Anyone else had soft-locks happen when loading into the tower? Inventory still works, but the game screen stays black. I've had this happen a few times on PS4.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

RBX posted:

gently caress.

Another stat to focus on :smith:.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I already had a meme max rec/res build so lol time for fuckery

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
Three months of void 3.0 appears to have permanently broken my brain now that I'm trying solar 3.0 on hunter because I no longer have my Get Out Of All Trouble button I've lost count of the number of times I've sailed into a group of enemies thinking I can quickly invis out after I finish this champion and instead I just eat poo poo. Or lose my shields and reflexively hit my dodge button, only for me to do a slow lazy buff dodge that gives all the enemies in the room all the time they need to line up their killshots

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
Anyone have any clue how to fix this?

I don't *have* that quest, and seeing it was a challenge last season it wont let me de-select it. If I try to reshape my Enigma again, like hoping it would spur the thing to complete, nothing happens. Even if I do the Intrinsic Perk first THEN do one of the others.

It's just driving me nuts.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

gently caress yes, I can triple fusion finally, hell yes voop forever guardian I love you shaxx

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Icy VOOP and two Solar VOOP, never not be VOOPin' and Gjallerin'.

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

Gauging interest in getting a Legendary run of the Witch Queen done this week/weekend. I couldn’t get into the campaign when it came out due to irl life, but would dig catching up.

Can pick-up and drop-out as needed, send a friend request to Bungie.net Ph0nik.Unl3ss#0662, Discord on Serious Overchill, Clan of the Chillbear, Ph0nik.Unl3ss#4219

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

heck yeah it's time for some season of the haunted GUARDIAN GAMES

https://i.imgur.com/oaS9uXE.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
season good