Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the federal Election
This poll is closed.
Labor Majority 48 42.48%
Labor Minority 29 25.66%
Liberal Majority 3 2.65%
Liberal Minority 12 10.62%
UAP Majoirty 21 18.58%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

https://twitter.com/byronkaye/statu...nBqGeOF2Wdw2Bmo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
If he wants to cosplay as an anzac im sure there are plenty of people that will gun him down on a turkish beach

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013

A pretty accurate assessment not going to lie.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

a group of moderates who, as first reported by the Nine Newspapers, approached Mr Frydenberg and urged him to challenge Mr Morrison for the leadership in September last year.

Mr Frydenberg refused and declared his loyalty to the prime minister.

giggles

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

:newlol:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

aejix posted:

Wanked themselves into irrelevance is definitely better but I also liked "modern journalism is just daycare for rich kids" from one of the US threads

Also true, but that's more the talking heads and op-ed class who get paid for spewing the world's worst opinions onto the page. This is the failure of the machine.

hidys
May 6, 2015

"Give the boys a bit of a rev up."

They may yet win the final senate seat in Victoria.

adeadcrab
Feb 1, 2006

Objectifying women is cool and normal

BrigadierSensible posted:

A question that came to me:

Is Albo particularly religious one way or the other? Is he Catholic, Protestant, or any of the other Christian sects? Atheist like Gillard?

It didn't seem to play into the campaign at all. But even so, after seeing how deeply ScoMo's fundie Christianity played into his policy decisions and direction, I was wondering about our new PM.

all i know is albo is my mate

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

What's the immediate agenda for Australia's new Premier? Reverse all the anti-climate bullshit? Reopen international tourism? Fix that godamn slow internet?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Grouchio posted:

What's the immediate agenda for Australia's new Premier? Reverse all the anti-climate bullshit? Reopen international tourism? Fix that godamn slow internet?

what year are you posting from?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Grouchio

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Laserface posted:

what year are you posting from?
2020, United States

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

lih posted:

the more decisive factor in Brisbane though is AJP preferences flowing much more strongly to Greens than Labor

Can’t believe we’re relying on the loving Animal Justice Party…voters to potentially determine whether or not Labor gets saddled with a (sorely needed imo, have little a sook as a treat friendlyjordies) Jiminy Cricket or nah

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

My fingers are crossed so hard. Fucken, I believe in you Brisbane. You can do it.

adeadcrab
Feb 1, 2006

Objectifying women is cool and normal
Well it's now GRNS vs LIB again.. I guess lih may have known what he was talking about

https://www.abc.net.au/news/elections/federal/2022/guide/bris

edit:

Antony Green himself posted:

The preference count shown here use a preference estimate provided to me for the first four exclusions, and then assumes that only 15% of Labor and Green preferences will leak to the LNP. It is clear the LNP will lose Brisbane, but whether Labor or the Greens win will take some time to resolve.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

VivaLa Eeveelution posted:

Can’t believe we’re relying on the loving Animal Justice Party…voters to potentially determine whether or not Labor gets saddled with a (sorely needed imo, have little a sook as a treat friendlyjordies) Jiminy Cricket or nah

The AJP had Labor above greens in Brisbane on their how to vote I’m pretty sure; the wretches.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

The Lord Bude posted:

The AJP had Labor above greens in Brisbane on their how to vote I’m pretty sure; the wretches.

Hence why I specified the voters rather than the party itself. My experience the one time I voted microparty above even the Greens was that I didn’t bother looking at the HTV until after the deed was done. I also failed to find AJP’s HTV on their site, so…yeah, it’s a bloody wildcard. :psyduck:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

you can say potato-shamed

also read another loving book

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

Normally I would agree but the appearance really is uncanny.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

It's called fugmo-shaming

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

VivaLa Eeveelution posted:

Hence why I specified the voters rather than the party itself. My experience the one time I voted microparty above even the Greens was that I didn’t bother looking at the HTV until after the deed was done. I also failed to find AJP’s HTV on their site, so…yeah, it’s a bloody wildcard. :psyduck:

minor party voters don't tend to follow HTVs, yeah, and usually don't have the volunteer base to hand them out to people that much in the first place

reports from scrutineering are that AJP voters heavily favour Greens in Brisbane this time (as is usual for them), despite the HTV cards recommending Labor

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Synthbuttrange posted:

you can say potato-shamed

In fairness the description is very apt in this case.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
What happens if it turns out Dai Le is S44’d? Do they recount or is there a fresh election or what?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

cage match vs Kristina

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

The Lord Bude posted:

What happens if it turns out Dai Le is S44’d? Do they recount or is there a fresh election or what?

it'd be a by-election but it's very unlikely unless she severely hosed up. it's only even being questioned because it seems like she misunderstood part of the form where you have to declare it's not an issue

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Pomme de Turd
Wish.com’s Bert Newton

Synthbuttrange posted:

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

The Lord Bude posted:

It'd be fun to see if Labor tries to run Kenneally again

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

bell jar posted:

It'd be fun to see if Labor tries to run Kenneally again

It would be a bloodbath if they tried that lol

Especially now the independent has a big profile with all the media interest in her.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Voters do not give a poo poo about S44 issues and every Rep who got booted and then ran in the by-election won.

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Voters do not give a poo poo about S44 issues and every Rep who got booted and then ran in the by-election won.

Including the one that Kristina ran against. I doubt she would want to do that again.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Beffer posted:

Including the one that Kristina ran against. I doubt she would want to do that again.

Yeah I don't really blame her for that loss. She sucks but it was going to be tough for anybody to win it.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

adeadcrab posted:

Well it's now GRNS vs LIB again.. I guess lih may have known what he was talking about

they really saw that shift coming

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Labor supporters on twitter stop posting cringe challenge

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

honestly surprised at the way the votes are going for thhis one

https://twitter.com/worstOfAuspol/status/1529263861752541184

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Labor supporters on twitter stop posting cringe challenge

That's their entire M.O.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

this made me mad in a way that i am unable to clearly articulate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDhQjmwEdD4