Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

now he posted a tree.... im scared

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

mdct posted:

Togashi got 1 million twitter followers in a single day, wow.

1.3M.

edit: 1.5M now. It's amusing how after all this time, he hasn't lost any popularity.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 14:06 on May 25, 2022

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The last thing that happened was the 6th Prince awakened his bullshit nen ability that required a whole chapter to explain right?

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

RatHat posted:

The last thing that happened was the 6th Prince awakened his bullshit nen ability that required a whole chapter to explain right?

It was the chapter focused on the 3 mafia weirdos making a move on the other mafia of serial killers, one of the guys could weaponize his own blood and the lady could punch secrets out of people.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Must be very fulfilling for him for the fanbase to come out in full force to show their excitement.

The big brand social media parasites coming out in the replies much less wholesome.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Thoren posted:

What kind of wacky adventures do you think Gon will have in the Dark Continent?

None probably. I doubt we will see Gon.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Pigbuster posted:

It was the chapter focused on the 3 mafia weirdos making a move on the other mafia of serial killers, one of the guys could weaponize his own blood and the lady could punch secrets out of people.

Don't forget Discount Giorno Giovanni.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Thoren posted:

What kind of wacky adventures do you think Gon will have in the Dark Continent?

Gon isn't even on the boat, he finally went back home to be with Mito because he finally did what he set out to do: Find Ging. And Killua is off traveling with Alluka.

This arc was entirely about Kurapika coming back into the spotlight and finishing his journey, one way or another, since everyone else accomplished their goals.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Schubalts posted:

Gon isn't even on the boat, he finally went back home to be with Mito because he finally did what he set out to do: Find Ging. And Killua is off traveling with Alluka.

This arc was entirely about Kurapika coming back into the spotlight and finishing his journey, one way or another, since everyone else accomplished their goals.

Omg, this manga is really gonna end with "and then Kurapika died on his way back to his homeland"

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Brought To You By posted:

Don't forget Discount Giorno Giovanni.

You mean Bill or the guy who looks like Giorno.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
obviously, i'll just re-read the entire arc if it comes off hiatus.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Pewdiepie posted:

The new Mafia guy who has the power to turn objects into animals. He turns two guys guns into into snakes and has them shoot their owners.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Pewdiepie posted:

The mob dude in the nice suit that turned two machine guns into snakes that vomit bullets.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/killugonist/status/1529487969027035136

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

great the HxH delay is creating a real saitama

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Jerkface posted:

great the HxH delay is creating a real saitama

Literally Netero tho

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

He's not going into horse stance before his punch. 2/10 never gonna Netero. :colbert:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Jesus the man did 10,000 punches to celebrate, streamed for 11 hours.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

He's not going into horse stance before his punch. 2/10 never gonna Netero. :colbert:

Yeah, I don't want to be harsh to a guy far more dedicated to showing appreciation for HxH than I am. But use proper form and followthrough if you're going to attempt a netero. Play like you mean it goddammit

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I'm excited to resume the adventures of Bill and his sidekick Kurapika.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
The important thing is that he actually became a lot more buff with this workout. Probably not as much as literally any other possible workout, but still.
There is a comparison video a bit down.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1529608418721419264

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ah, so that's why HxH is back. Makes sense, Togashi needs money for DQ again.
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1529841326103085057

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

What makes me so exited about the potential of multiple new characters is that this is pretty much the culmination of exploring the nen System over gons and killuas arcs. They learned it step by step and slowly learned more facettes and now we're dealing with the most powerful people in the world all on one boat and pater continent. All kinds of crazy set ups could happen: hisoka vs any of the spiders, spiders against any of the zodiacs, all the princes and retinue, the mafia, there's so many players in one place.

The world building of hxh is great but the nen System and togashis ability to create interesting conflicts with it is the most interesting part of the series for me, and I'm there for it.

It's there any concrete info out yet or someone who translates the togashi tweets? I only know it's back so far, probably.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

ty for that insane image. finally finished it.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Son of Rodney posted:

It's there any concrete info out yet or someone who translates the togashi tweets? I only know it's back so far, probably.

He has 3 tweets and the only one with text says basically 4 more to make

https://twitter.com/Un4v5s8bgsVk9Xp/with_replies

https://twitter.com/Un4v5s8bgsVk9Xp/status/1529663083605397504?cxt=HHwWgMCgxYqeuroqAAAA

His latest just has the number 7 (his previous had 6) so he's got 3 more chapters to make.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

hope he gets a mecha soon and lives forever....

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Kild posted:

He has 3 tweets and the only one with text says basically 4 more to make

https://twitter.com/Un4v5s8bgsVk9Xp/with_replies

https://twitter.com/Un4v5s8bgsVk9Xp/status/1529663083605397504?cxt=HHwWgMCgxYqeuroqAAAA

His latest just has the number 7 (his previous had 6) so he's got 3 more chapters to make.

Are you sure they're not pages?

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
if togashi uses his 4 chapters to turn theta into a horrible horse monster i will be sad.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Lpzie posted:

hope he gets a mecha soon and lives forever....
at the very least, some ergonomic office furniture.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Big Leg posted:

if togashi uses his 4 chapters to turn theta into a horrible horse monster i will be sad.

you just know it's gonna be something even worse than that.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

i hope this means he's feeling better

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Apparently we’re actually getting 10 new chapters as opposed to just 4:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-05-24/yoshihiro-togashi-teases-hunter-x-hunter-manga-return/.185983

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
His tweet of a tree is actually pretty interesting because there ain’t no forests on that boat

https://twitter.com/un4v5s8bgsvk9xp/status/1529260655236091904?s=21

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

About what I expected. He's been doing 1 volume (10 chapter) iterations for the past 4-5 volumes with breaks inbetween.

Place your bets on which prince eats it this volume. I vote Tyson.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

They don't know poo poo. I mean, the usual thing is for him to do batches of 10 as that's a whole volume, but the tweets didn't see anything about that. The message said 'four chapters/eps for now'. Does that mean he intends to publish 4 chapters? Or that he had drawn already four chapter? We don't know.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the real question is did he finally hire an assistant

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Well the impression was he had four chapters left till he finished a set of 10.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Brought To You By posted:

Place your bets on which prince eats it this volume. I vote Tyson.

Lazurus for me.

Fugetsu and Kacho (Clone) will probably last a long time. The Elder Princes have a lot of staying power as well. Marayam is probably safe cause of the whole separate space thing.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I don't remember poo poo any more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
How many volumes/chapters have we been on the boat so far?